00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Submit your House for label release

5,225 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-27 11:03:47

The project is very true. The process of actually starting up a label takes time, and needs to be done properly. If I'm not in contact with you it's nothing personal, if I'm interested in the tracks I'll respond back, or alternatively give constructive criticism for what direction I'd like to see the tracks go in order for me to sign them / you.

http://www.tightgroove.com/ - The site is still under development but as we finalize it, we're moving into the next phase of the label, which includes mailing out contracts, plus getting our merch produced for promotional gigs.

The core of the label is basically a pool of producers who were a part of Blinded Records before the label basically dissolved.
We will be distributing to many different sites including iTunes, Beatport, Juno, Spotify, Amazon etc etc.
Contracts in short will go one of two ways (which you decide).
A. You will receive an agreed upon % of royalties made through sales on your tracks. However you opt out of some really beneficial options that can be seen in B.
B. You omit royalties to your tracks, but gain access to funds pooled for the label, in which the account use will be transparent to both A and B. Use of funds include and are not limited to, promotion, mastering, remix contracts (say you wanted carl cox to remix a track of yours, we will fully or partially fund that), % for Label-related event promotion (including flyers and merch), paying big name headliners to premier at label-managed events (in which any group B artist on the label are welcomed to perform at given enough time in advance).
Basically by choosing B you become part of the label as a whole, become part of an ever-growing family that helps each other out and builds up the label as it goes.
So far confirmed artists include:
DJ Harlock (Myself)
The Collective (El Camino, Nkosi)
Draw Limit
Sequenced (name might differ)
Conrad Greggor
Billy Blaze
Hjort & St.Pierre
I have a few other artists I am finalizing right now, but am still looking to pick up talent for the premier Debut coming Spring 2013, which will most likely take place in Providence, RI.
The label is somewhat open format, but artists and tracks will be pulled in that have a like-minded vibe. I'm not going to turn away an artist who is rocking out 140 bpm dubbage but keeps it smooth and deep, or a 128 electro artist that has a tight mix. Same for DNB or straight up techno artists. If you have an identity to your music, have talent, and are open to new avenues for production, but don't know how to really get out there and get involved in the local or nation-wide underground scene.. then consider us.
Tight Groove Recordings.
If you want to toss me some submissions, please do so via PM. I will respond back! Especially if you are native to New England, because you reap one of the better benefits of choosing the omit Contract, and that's having the accessibility of playing out at our events.

Today would be the day to get signed, The artists from the Collective and I are going down to Lowell, MA tonight to play at 91.5 WUML. On the way and while in the studio we'll be reviewing the next batch of artists for finalizing the debut release. Shoot me those tracks if you want to get signed.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-27 12:20:20

At 10/27/12 11:03 AM, Cross666 wrote: The project is very true. The process of actually starting up a label takes time, and needs to be done properly.

Can only state that this is a proper mindset; some people grow impatient at the thought of anything label-related and really shouldn't.

Today would be the day to get signed, The artists from the Collective and I are going down to Lowell, MA tonight to play at 91.5 WUML. On the way and while in the studio we'll be reviewing the next batch of artists for finalizing the debut release. Shoot me those tracks if you want to get signed.

Is there a confirmed deadline for your project in this case, or will you judge submissions all up until early next year?

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-27 13:00:20

I don't have a specific deadline.. persay. If you want to be on the debut ep I need at least some tangible form of a track,.basically if what I hear gives me a good impression ill reserve for you and then will mail out a contract when the tracks are done. Otherwise you can just submit at your leisure and we can look into getting you on another ep release. I'd like to see any of my artists picked up on an a mixed el before we setup a dedicated release for just that one guy. It gives me a chance to see how the release performs and stats from rotations, etc. That way if the artist tracks have good sales and solid hit figures we can comfortably move towards a standalone release, or if an artist's tracks don't do so hot in sales we can approach a release differently, such as one of the ther artists who have a good track record doing a remix for one of yours in order to give the release a little more beef. We want to see every release suceed, and I am never going to toss aside an artist just because of sales figures. That's just poor management

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-27 13:02:20

Pardon the engrish, on my android

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-27 15:45:02

At 10/27/12 01:02 PM, Cross666 wrote: Pardon the engrish, on my android

Your engrish is just fine <3

If that was intentional, you're a fucking legend

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-29 12:43:31

For anyone who is interested in whom we distribute to, here's the compiled list:
7 Digital
Amazon MP3
Audiojelly
Beatport
Dance Music Hub
Dance-Tunes
Deezer
Digital Tunes
DJ Tunes
DJMR
eMusic
Feel Music | Musicorama
Hard Beats Download
Hardstyle.com
IMO Records
iTunes
Juno Records
MediaNet
mFlow
Millward Brown
Napster
Nokia Music Store
Nowtrax
Rdio
Rhapsody
Satellite Records
Somixx
Soundium.net
Spotify
Stompy.com
Toolbox Digital
Trackitdown
TraxSource
Tunes4djs.com
TuneTribe.com
VidZone.com
Wasabeat
What People Play
You Load
Zvooq

We are still looking for promising artists to sign for the Debut release in 2013, PM for more info.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-29 13:19:35

At 10/29/12 12:43 PM, Cross666 wrote: We are still looking for promising artists to sign for the Debut release in 2013, PM for more info.

Damn, that´s a bunch. I might consider this.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-10-29 15:22:55

At 10/29/12 01:19 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 10/29/12 12:43 PM, Cross666 wrote: We are still looking for promising artists to sign for the Debut release in 2013, PM for more info.
Damn, thatÃ'´s a bunch. I might consider this.

Ooze I personally would love to pick you up. Just saying. I keep bothering you guys here on NG because I know the potential that actually exists here.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-11-23 12:33:56

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-11-23 18:52:19

Hey, if you're still looking for tracks i'd appreciate you looking at my page! i have mainly house and electro, i even just put a new song up!!!

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-11-23 23:31:53

http://soundcloud.com/dickjustice/midnight-ice
i actually uploaded this the day i saw this thread, hope it can be used!!!

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-11-25 00:14:26

http://soundcloud.com/alexz-stewart/house-1compare/s-UP3AA

This is the sort of junk I produce. This is obviously unfinished, but I'd love to know if you're interested in this style.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-11-25 03:27:11

Hello World (original mix)

^^ That's my latest track. It's the best i have so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-11-26 10:41:02

Sorry I haven't checked the forums in a few days, reviewing the links and will PM back in the next hr or so.

BBS Signature