00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why programming is such fun!

1,439 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-21 21:06:14

Programming is so much fun because we build something ourselves. It's almost like what a carpenter does, but on a lot less physical level. You have to think and solve problems. Many times it can be hard, but you always learn something. I also like making things for others.

What do you enjoy about programming?

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-22 12:15:15

I enjoy the scripting, of course. The problem fix. Kinda hard and can sometimes be boring, but at the end...

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-22 12:34:23

At 7/21/12 09:06 PM, Rawnern wrote: Programming is so much fun because we build something ourselves. It's almost like what a carpenter does, but on a lot less physical level. You have to think and solve problems. Many times it can be hard, but you always learn something. I also like making things for others.

What do you enjoy about programming?

Personally the joy I get from programming is solving a frustrating problem. It's satisfying and rewarding. Writing bog standard code with no challenge is a pain. The work when you've done similar things over and over doesn't exactly give a different reward so it's not as satisfying.

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-22 13:41:36

Because you can get rich

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-25 15:02:15

I like exploring and the endless possiblities. But mostly i like the statistical and artificial intelligence side of things. I like creating something and watching it learn and develop, then changing its features to see how things can be done differently. The mere fact of endless creativity and possibilities when it comes to programming is what i enjoy more then anything.

On the statistical side i like manipulating numbers. I toy with probability and try to get things compounding each other just for fun trying to create my own stats out of thin air sometimes.

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-28 04:05:04

I like the journey. You start out with a white screen and end with something completely new.

BBS Signature

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-28 18:56:30

At 7/22/12 01:41 PM, NinoGrounds wrote: Because you can get rich

Ph. Okay, you can get rich by programming, but that's not the whole point.

The fact that makes programming such fun is that you can make anything you wish. Not as everyone's head is full with
ideas or creativity, but sometimes it has to come...

At least not a muffin.

BBS Signature

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-29 03:37:22

At 7/28/12 06:56 PM, doodle-bread14 wrote: The fact that makes programming such fun is that you can make anything you wish.

Okay, make me a cancer cure. Not that I have this disease, but you said you can make anything.
Gl

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-29 04:31:12

At 7/29/12 03:37 AM, NinoGrounds wrote:
At 7/28/12 06:56 PM, doodle-bread14 wrote: The fact that makes programming such fun is that you can make anything you wish.
Okay, make me a cancer cure. Not that I have this disease, but you said you can make anything.
Gl

You say that like we don't already use generated models to test treatments.

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-29 20:46:50

I enjoy the puzzle. Solving something that seems impossibly difficult.

No, I don't do the whole "I solved it! Yay!" thing - some people like knowing that they have a solution. Me; I like the challenge of solving a real-world problem, and possibly coming up with multiple solutions to it.

In short: I like the puzzle, not the solution.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-30 13:17:44

At 7/22/12 01:41 PM, NinoGrounds wrote: Because you can get rich

ONLY because of money? You can get rich, but isn't there something in you that says: I love making things for free as long as people enjoy it!

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-30 13:26:29

this basically sums it all up for me

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-07-30 17:37:24

At 7/30/12 01:17 PM, Rawnern wrote: ONLY because of money? You can get rich, but isn't there something in you that says: I love making things for free as long as people enjoy it!

I do, but getting rich is like a no.1.

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-08-01 15:23:02

At 7/29/12 03:37 AM, NinoGrounds wrote:
Gl

A professor at my university is working on a project that helps doctors locate exact locations of breast cancer. While another professor is doing research in bioinformatics to find strains of DNA and protien functions that match and can be utilized for further development.

As a computer scientist we dont find the cure, we just give the tools in order to find the information for the guy to find the cure.

Response to Why programming is such fun! 2012-08-01 23:40:45

I like to program because I find the challenge of bringing someones idea's to life or computer, which ever way you want to view it.

Definitely challenging at times. But it's awesome when you just zone out and you finish a project and then you have no idea how the hell everything just happened to work.. haha