New Topic Respond to this Topic
blah569
blah569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Programmer
Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Sep. 5th, 2009 @ 10:30 PM Reply

I liked this thread before, and instead of bumping the the old thread, I wanted to restart the thread. If you're working on anything, you could this thread to advertise the projects that you're working on, and to see the interesting projects of other people.

What I'm currently working on isn't too interesting, but I'm also working on loads of other projects, but I just started this recently. It's just a new iPhone / iPod Touch application from all of the other apps that I'm working on, haha.

Higher quality screen: http://www.jtupload.com/uploads/2438_iph oneproject.png

it's noting at the moment, just a 'skeleton' to send a few HTTPRequests

Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2

BBS Signature
Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 07:02 AM Reply

Yeah I was gonna try and search for it and link to it in my sig so I could find that thread easier. I have a project in mind, not started it yet. Everything else I'm doing as of now is back-end stuff so I've got nothing fancy to take a screen shot of.

Question: Are you using CLDC 2.0? I forget the device profiles the iPhone and touch use/support.

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
CronoMan
CronoMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 09:12 AM Reply

Fnelda
the red areas are impassable tiles (for debug purposes)

"no sound in ass"

kiwi-kiwi
kiwi-kiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Project: AstroBite

This is basically a space rpg, you move from galaxy to galaxy in search for alien technology, resources and whatnot. When it'll be ready, your goal will be to find a planet to colonize, right now it's basically a trigger happy game.

Here's a gameplay video on youtube if you would like to see more.
Feel free to comment and criticize.

blah569
blah569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Sep. 6th, 2009 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 9/6/09 07:02 AM, Jon-86 wrote: Yeah I was gonna try and search for it and link to it in my sig so I could find that thread easier. I have a project in mind, not started it yet. Everything else I'm doing as of now is back-end stuff so I've got nothing fancy to take a screen shot of.

Question: Are you using CLDC 2.0? I forget the device profiles the iPhone and touch use/support.

Ah yeah haha, but that's fun, I never really like to work on the front end content, it isn't as fun as the programming. Also, if you're referring to "Sun Java Wireless Toolkit," I'm using the iPhone SDK 3.0 from Apple for the project above, and it uses Objective C.

At 9/6/09 09:12 AM, CronoMan wrote: Fnelda
the red areas are impassable tiles (for debug purposes)

Ah looks nice! What language are you created it with and how long did it take you to have what you have so far?

At 9/6/09 12:51 PM, kiwi-kiwi wrote: Project: AstroBite

This is basically a space rpg, you move from galaxy to galaxy in search for alien technology, resources and whatnot. When it'll be ready, your goal will be to find a planet to colonize, right now it's basically a trigger happy game.

Here's a gameplay video on youtube if you would like to see more.
Feel free to comment and criticize.

Looks very nice! I remember you saying something about using XNA? Very nice on the animations.

BBS Signature
CronoMan
CronoMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Sep. 7th, 2009 @ 03:19 AM Reply

At 9/6/09 02:26 PM, blah569 wrote: Ah looks nice! What language are you created it with and how long did it take you to have what you have so far?

It's written in C#
I have just barely started, it's supposed to be a 4-player RPG game targeted at XBox.. I've probably spent a total of like 12 hours on it so far, although I have shitloads of work left before it comes anywhere near a finished product

"no sound in ass"

blah569
blah569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Oct. 31st, 2009 @ 04:27 PM Reply

A small operating system that I've been working on now. The kernel is pretty fast to respond and is pretty smooth at the moment. A few screenshots:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Image 4 - shows the entire desktop instead of just the emulation window.

Pretty basic at the moment, but I really like how it works.

BBS Signature
DanielZ
DanielZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Oct. 31st, 2009 @ 04:51 PM Reply

I'm working on my portfolio website, and I might actually finish it in the near future. It's got a load of CSS3 and wood :P

Here's the link to the picture. When is NG going to finally allow the uploading of PNG's?

BBS Signature
Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Oct. 31st, 2009 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 10/31/09 04:27 PM, blah569 wrote: shows the entire desktop instead of just the emulation window.

Push-up bras are the worst :P

Tell us a bit about what your doing. A screenshot is one thing but it would be good to know how you got to where you are now I suppose.

BBS Signature
kiwi-kiwi
kiwi-kiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Oct. 31st, 2009 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 10/31/09 04:27 PM, blah569 wrote: A small operating system that I've been working on now. The kernel is pretty fast to respond and is pretty smooth at the moment. A few screenshots:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Pretty basic at the moment, but I really like how it works.

That's very cool, what type of kernel architecture are you using, microkernel, monolithic ?

Also sorry for the late response, didn't see your question, yes it's XNA and also thanks for the compliment, I hardcoded all the animations. Took me a while, but I'm satisfied with the result

blah569
blah569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Oct. 31st, 2009 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 10/31/09 04:52 PM, Jon-86 wrote:
At 10/31/09 04:27 PM, blah569 wrote: shows the entire desktop instead of just the emulation window.

Tell us a bit about what your doing. A screenshot is one thing but it would be good to know how you got to where you are now I suppose.

hahaha, actually the desktop was random, but only from a few different wallpapers. I just didn't want to take a screenshot of a solid colour.

The file structure looks like this:

/boot/grub/
/main/feliz.bin
/apps/
/conf/
/prof/admin
/prof/tim
/prof/%USER%/Documents
/prof/%USER%/Desktop

etc

I'm working on a system to where applications can only talk to their current directory. In their application directory. They can have user settings, app settings, and anything else that the application needs. Example structure:

/apps/heyworld/main.fele - the main source file for the app (not binary) and extension will probably change later
/apps/heyworld/HeyWorld.fela - the application binary (to distribute apps to other people)
/apps/settings.feli - settings file similar to XML that app can read depending on user or global settings.

Applications are unable to talk to other apps or listen to other apps or files that are outside of their app directory. I think this might really help with execution of permanent malicious code. However, if app developers want their applications to be able to talk to their other apps, they can get a developer key that they can use in all of their apps when sending / receiving requests.

All applications will be able to read any file outside of their directory, but they will not be able to write files outside of /apps/%APPNAME%/

in the "Image 2" screenshot, here is the source for test2/main.fele

lib_fetch(CONST_SH);
echo ("Hey user!  I'm a simple application that counts to 10...");
for ($i = 0; $i < 10; $i++)
{
    echol($i);
}

Really simple and useless example at the moment. Cleans application cache at the end of the file.

At 10/31/09 05:04 PM, kiwi-kiwi wrote:
That's very cool, what type of kernel architecture are you using, microkernel, monolithic ?

Also sorry for the late response, didn't see your question, yes it's XNA and also thanks for the compliment, I hardcoded all the animations. Took me a while, but I'm satisfied with the result

Ah thanks! At the moment the structure / architecture I'm going for is microkernel. Very nice on the project that you're working on though, looks very smooth and clean.

BBS Signature
Xenolithic
Xenolithic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 1st, 2009 @ 10:05 PM Reply

May not be "project" worthy, but I'm making an IRC bot.

greenkube
greenkube
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 1st, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

I recently finished a project (yesterday it went live). Picklemans Project is a website for a local sandwich shop based in Columbia, MO. They were looking for a flashy interactive website with a "theater" themed atmosphere. I took an object oriented approach to creating out the modules for the site, allowing for easy updates in the future. Along with all of the tweens being controlled via TweenLite10, it makes it easier to control animations as changes come along as well. Overall it was a really fun project, and a great learning experience.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 2nd, 2009 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Megan Fox...?

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:05 PM Reply

I've been working on an IRC bot in Perl for months (Since January?)
I guess IRC bots don't really stack up against an operating system as a project, but oh well.

It needs some optimization still, but the featureset is pretty nice.
- Plenty of hard-coded commands directed at channel management, etc
- Command aliases (Multiple names for any command)
- Custom Commands (Build your own commands with custom args, using any of the hard coded commands)
-> Required arguments
-> Optional arguments
-> Defaults for unspecified optional args
- Last.FM nowplaying information
- Random FML grabber
- Stats tracking
- Custom timer system
- Points/Awards system
- Use of several variables ($noun, $adjective, $chan, $nick, etc) useable in all commands
- Dictionary system for items and for users
- 4 types of automated spam detection
- Two regex filter commands (Nick and Text filters)
- Regex supported for all appropriate commands (Kick, Ban, etc)
- Automated channel ban management (Set a default and maximum ban time for your channel, automatically expired by the bot)
- Everything is configurable on IRC by the channel owner, specific to that channel
- More :)

Full Size

Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 11/2/09 10:43 PM, bgraybr wrote:
Megan Fox...?

Aye but shes honestly too skinny and I dont see what the fuss is!

Aside from that I'm now working on osCommerce, helping out the people who develop that as its in my interest as I have convinced the company I work for open source will actually pay us back ten-fold verses what were using now..!

BBS Signature
blah569
blah569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 4th, 2009 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 11/3/09 01:05 PM, RageOfOrder wrote: I've been working on an IRC bot in Perl for months (Since January?)
I guess IRC bots don't really stack up against an operating system as a project, but oh well.

It needs some optimization still, but the featureset is pretty nice.
- Plenty of hard-coded commands directed at channel management, etc
- Command aliases (Multiple names for any command)
- Custom Commands (Build your own commands with custom args, using any of the hard coded commands)
-> Required arguments
-> Optional arguments
-> Defaults for unspecified optional args
- Last.FM nowplaying information
- Random FML grabber
- Stats tracking
- Custom timer system
- Points/Awards system
- Use of several variables ($noun, $adjective, $chan, $nick, etc) useable in all commands
- Dictionary system for items and for users
- 4 types of automated spam detection
- Two regex filter commands (Nick and Text filters)
- Regex supported for all appropriate commands (Kick, Ban, etc)
- Automated channel ban management (Set a default and maximum ban time for your channel, automatically expired by the bot)
- Everything is configurable on IRC by the channel owner, specific to that channel
- More :)

Full Size

Woah, looks really nice! How much time have you put into creating the bot throughout the months?

My OS / Kernel is still very basic and primitive, I've been working on it loads though. It's pretty fast to respond and load everything, then presenting the user with the shell interface. I'm working on a simple installer to look for available media, format the media (working with ext3 at the moment), and write to the media.

I've been getting way ahead of myself in what I'm working on. I've started working on a 'language' that users can use to create applications, which is coming along pretty well at the moment. It's pretty functional and preforms pretty well. I made a simulator that generates windows based from the code in Linux and Windows, so that I'm able to test the system.

That's getting pretty ahead of myself, because I probably will not even had a form of a graphical user interface anytime soon, and the language manages the GUI (App windows, components, etc). The idea though motivates me to keep working on the OS to hopefully implement that in the future.

BBS Signature
dburford11
dburford11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Peaceblossom
Peaceblossom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Reader
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 01:09 AM Reply

I'm currently waiting for my computer science professor to post assignment 3. That's KIND OF like a project, I guess?

I'm surprised it isn't uploaded yet, as it's due in less than two weeks.

My guess is that it will require us to use, manipulate, sort, and read lists in order to produce something graphical by piping output to a drawing application called quickdraw that was written in Java.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 11/3/09 03:20 PM, Jon-86 wrote:
At 11/2/09 10:43 PM, bgraybr wrote:
Megan Fox...?
Aye but shes honestly too skinny and I dont see what the fuss is!

To skinny? Not really.

I would post a screenshot of my site here, but I haven't worked on it in months because I'm in school or soing schoolwork most of the time, and I can't work on it in computer science because my site is blocked!

Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 07:16 PM Reply

Your perception of what women should look like has been warped by MTV and the fashion industry, but that's ok. Its not your fault. If you end up with a lassie that wastes all your money on cosmetics because she is insecure because of what people say she must look like then you don't have a leg to stand on and will have to fork out more money because cosmetics cost a shit load!

On topic github is actually quite useful. I was going through some tutorials today. Might use this instead of subversion.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 11/5/09 07:16 PM, Jon-86 wrote: Your perception of what women should look like has been warped by MTV and the fashion industry, but that's ok. Its not your fault. If you end up with a lassie that wastes all your money on cosmetics because she is insecure because of what people say she must look like then you don't have a leg to stand on and will have to fork out more money because cosmetics cost a shit load!

Most of the girls I know don't wear makeup, but that doesn't mean that I can't think that Megan Fox is attractive.

DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 07:40 PM Reply

I agree with bgraybr, Megan Fox is gorgeous.

Also, just because she's thin, it doesn't mean she has had expensive work done or anything... Some girls are just naturally very thin. Of course, a lot in Hollywood have had work done to further their careers, and I agree, that is silly and shouldn't be respected, but just because a girl is thin it doesn't mean she had spent a lot on "cosmetics".

BBS Signature
Alphabit
Alphabit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 11/5/09 07:40 PM, DFox wrote: I agree with bgraybr, Megan Fox is gorgeous.

I saw the movie 'how to lose friends and alienate people' and she's really HOT in that.

Anyway, here's my current project:
It' basically yet another Content Management System. The key differences is that it's really easy to use and is quite flexible... Right now the first phase is finished (it can edit web sections and manage users), the second phase will include a lot of new features like version-control, navigation manager, functionality for adding new pages, designating new editable sections by point-and-click and best of all, I've got a good model for a template-manager that will allow users to create and edit (CSS+XHTML) templates from the browser. I've been working on it casually for a year now (I have a lot of uni work though)... The deadline for completion of phase 2 is January 2011.

Anyways, the op screenshot is the promotional page and the bottom one is a screen from the actual content management panel.

Bla

Peaceblossom
Peaceblossom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Reader
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 5th, 2009 @ 11:47 PM Reply

Alright, my assignment was posted, and now I've got something to work with. I'm not typically one to plan this much, but I figure I can do all my documentation at home before I know exactly how I intend to execute the bulk of my assignment.

I'm also sure that I could get in trouble if I gave away all my code on here and an other student was to come across it and use it. I'll post my preliminary blueprinting anyway, because some of you might find it interesting to know how others solve problems.

I intend to break down each of those functions into further commenting to wrap my head around the algorithms I intend to use to write the body of each function, as well as the body of the main function.

ppm.py was written as a means of giving us a way of importing and using the portable pixel map files without having to worry about the exact details of how the lists are generated. I think that its not only beyond us, but would be an immense pain in the ass to create. To make things a little more clear, each image is saved as a list of lists of lists. The outer list is a list of columns. Each item in a
column list is a list of three integers, which represent the red, green and blue components of the pixel's color.

Here's what I've done as far as blueprinting:

#
#  A python application that makes use of the module ppm.py and quickdraw.jar
#  in order allow a user to display images (taken in the portable pixel map image 
#  format) and modify them using some of several functions that will process the 
#  images. When changing an image, both the original and changed versions will
#  be displayed for comparison.
#
#  Name: 
#  ID: 
#

#  import the ppm module in order to import and display portable pixel map images
#  in quickdraw:
import ppm

#
#  Define the function darken: darken takes an image and converts its color
#  a given percentage darker as defined by the user.
#
#  Parameters:
#    darkimg:      The name of a list storing data of the image data to be darkened.
#    darkfactor:   An integer percent to darken the image by as defined by the user.
#
#  Returns: A new list storing the darkened image.

def darken(darkimg,darkfactor):
	#  stuff

#
#  Define the function chromaKey: chromaKey takes two images (a top and a bottom),
#  distinguishes green pixels from non-green pixels in the top image, and replaces the
#  green pixels from the top image with the existing images in the bottom one. 
#
#  Green pixels are defined as pixels whose green color portion is at least 20 units
#  larger than its red component and at least 40 units larger than its blue component.
#
#  Parameters:
#    topimg:    The name of a list storing the upper image's data.
#    botimg:    The name of a list storing the lower image's data.
#
#  Returns: A new list that has all green pixels from topimg replaced with original
#           pixels from botimg.
#

def chromaKey(topimg,botimg):
	#  stuff

#
#  Define the rotate180 function: rotate180 takes an image and modifies it so as to 
#  have a new image that is a 180 degree rotation of the given image.
#
#  Parameters:
#    rotimg:    The name of a list storing data of the image to be rotated.
#
#  Returns: A new list containing the rotated image.
#

def rotate180(rotimg):
	#  stuff
#
#  Define the blur function: blur takes an image to be blurred, and averages each pixel
#  with itself and the 8 surrounding pixels in order to produce an average color at each
#  pixel, creating a new image which appears to be blurry. 
#
#  Parameters:
#    blurimg:    The name of a list storing data of the image to be blurred.
#
#  Returns: A new list containing the data for the blurred image.
#

def blur(blurimg):
	#  stuff

#
#  Define the main function: main carries out algorhythms and functions based on user input.
#
#  Parameters: None. 
#
#  Returns: Nothing. 
#

def main():
	#  stuff

#  Call the main function:
main()

And here's a lovely picture on my colored terminal running nano.

BBS Signature
Super-Yombario
Super-Yombario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 6th, 2009 @ 11:31 AM Reply

At 10/31/09 04:27 PM, blah569 wrote: A small operating system that I've been working on now. The kernel is pretty fast to respond and is pretty smooth at the moment. A few screenshots:

That sure is a sexy... Operating System

I'm working on an SMS. It's probably not much in comparison to everything else here, but it's my first *big* project, plus I'm all on my own. Written in PHP.

It uses clean URLs, first of all, so no messing around with GET information to manually navigate around the site. Plus, all you have to do is make a file and put it inside a directory (that you can make up), and then you can include it into the site by going to site.com/directory/file.

Second of all, it's very customizable. There is a CSS editing page, an SQL injection page, and you can create/edit files (even with PHP) right from the admin CP, too!

It comes with some interesting things like a lite BBS (which can be easily replaced with another forum system, if you know how to get rid of the templates and such), a photo gallery (where users can upload their own photos), and a blog page, defaulted as the home page, which is also integrated with the user profile page, so you can view blogs by the staff members, as well as other users.

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 7th, 2009 @ 05:49 AM Reply

The term has only recently started so I've got no assessments on the go, and I'm not really working on anything in my spare time.. but the first ICA for one of my modules (to be handed in in January) is a 2D game, which I am looking forward to (C++ using directx). The past examples of 2D games handed in that I've seen all look ridiculously bad, which scares me that those people are actually in the game industry right now ;_; or, if employers have much sense, they currently work at Asda.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 11th, 2009 @ 09:57 PM Reply

Newgrounds Radio (Google Chrome Extension)- I thought I'd make this before the issue of cross-domain media elements is resolved (probably will result in a block by default).

It treats the audio portal genres as individual stations and plays a random song with option to skip. It also includes links to the author and submission page as well as a few more. There's still a few kinks to work out but here's a screenshot of it playing a song.

Peaceblossom
Peaceblossom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Reader
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 12:20 AM Reply

Alright, I've made some progress on my portable pixel map image editor. I've gotten my darken function working correctly, here's some sample input and output, with the original image and the darkened image:

BBS Signature
kiwi-kiwi
kiwi-kiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Screencaps of upcomming projects?(2 Nov. 30th, 2009 @ 04:56 PM Reply

My turn for an update
Multiple fighting instances almost ready, new hud ready. If I'm not struck by procrastination again, I think I should be able to piece together another gameplay video with the new feature sometime this week.
Until then, I leave you with some screenshots.