00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cflash19 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WTF moments in gaming.

4,616 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-03 23:15:00

Have you ever witnessed something in a game where you just go WTF?

In persona 3, when you do the Hermit social link, you learn MAYA (some chick you met on the internet) is actually your teacher, Ms.Toriumi. Not only did you find this out, you learn that she has a crush on you. I found this strange because when you talk to her IRL (in the game I mean) she seems like another NPC.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-03 23:18:21

-Mass Effect 3 ending
-aeris dies ( I never hated a Fictional character that much)

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 00:06:54

Uncharted 3 online co-op mission, sanctuary to be specific. Nathan Drake spawned without a head, floating and sitting in an Indian style position. Even his hands were in a "zen" pose.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 01:07:36

I said "What the fuck?!" when I got the anti-piracy screen on my legit copy of EarthBound. I turned on my Super Nintendo and realized I forgot to plug it it so I left the power switch on and plugged the Super Nintendo in and the anti-piracy screen showed up. I guess the game thought that it had more or less than 8 kilobytes of SRAM because that is what causes the anti-piracy thing to show up. At least it isn't like the anti-piracy thing that deletes all of the saves.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 01:08:14

Halo physics

Various glitches

Left 4 Dead 2 AI director in realism mode.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 01:50:05

First time this happened to me in Split/Second made me go "What the fuck?! They brought down an air traffic control tower!?" first, before moving on to "OH SHIT!!!" soon after. I did not survive my first time.

On a similar note, the crashing airplane in the Dead Air campaign of Left 4 Dead 1 also gave me a similar reaction.

Soul Calibur V's story mode made me loudly ask "What the fuck?" several times. Mostly due to the very short length, attention given to only two, three characters at most, lack of cutscenes (instead having to often watch power-point presentations with voice-overs, basically) and the fact that it wasn't even finished, considering that a lot of planned shit was cut due to time constraints. Also, Kilik becoming a mimic character. You know what? Just about everything other than character creation and online play made me ask "What the fuck?"

They should have just delayed the fucking game, mumble grumble...

Playing Tetris (or "Russian Falling Blocks" if you will) in Trials Evolution as a user created mini-game gave me a joyful "WTF!?" moment.

Finding out the Chromehounds multiplayer servers were shut down. Shame, really, because that game is bitching.

Several user-created car designs and vinyls on Forza Motorsports 3/4 gave me a good "WTF!?" moment.

The entire concept of Katamari Damacy and the following games is one gigantic "WTF!?". I still love those games though.

That's all I can think of for now.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 02:31:15

Vagina Dragon in Dark Souls.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 02:36:30

Fallout 3, Messiah (FULL GOOD Karma Run) with Fawkes and Dogmeat in Megaton.

I donated to the church randomly and Fawkes went on a rampage, killed Dogmeat and everyone in town. Charon tried to kill him with a shotgun, but before he got a shot out his body was blown to bits (made it odd since there was still audio even though Charon was dead). Dogmeat's dead body then randomly teleported to the top of the defused atom bomb and fawkes disappeared.

Oh fallout 3.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 02:54:58

The first time you saw this happen in Magical Tetris Challenge.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 02:56:58

At 7/4/12 02:54 AM, Oolaph wrote: The first time you saw this happen in Magical Tetris Challenge.

By "this" I mean around the 1:40 mark. Apparently Newgrounds doesn't support links to specific times in Youtube videos.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 07:04:06

At 7/4/12 04:17 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: The final boss battle of Team Fortress 2.

Team Fortress 2 has no final boss.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 08:50:33

At 7/4/12 04:17 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Roy Phillips slaughtering everyone in Tenpenny Tower after you let him in peacefully... yet the game still scripting him as a "good" character for some reason.

Because everyone in the tower was a dick. Killing is okay as long as you don't like them, according to Bethesda.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 10:01:28

It has to be said: The colonel from MGS2 the moment he goes insane. Now that had me thinking what the hell was going on but then I saw that it was intentional for the game. Still one of the finest moments from that game.

I was close to turning off my console.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 10:06:09

At 7/4/12 10:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: It has to be said: The colonel from MGS2 the moment he goes insane.

The part that almost made me switch off my console was when it plays the Game Over screen despite you not actually dying. I was so confused at first because I knew that I still had a load of health. I thought it might have been Snake who died but then when I looked at the small screen in the corner that shows you where you died, I saw that people were still fighting and realised that it wasn't real. That really came close to fooling me the first time it happened.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 12:07:01

At 7/3/12 11:18 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: -Mass Effect 3 ending

They changed it, you doofus.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 12:26:24

How original.

For me, probably driving out of a plane in a tank in Saints Row: The Third. Or managing to skyjack a banshee in Halo Reach after jumping off the Spire.

god

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 12:34:39

At 7/4/12 10:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: It has to be said: The colonel from MGS2 the moment he goes insane.

That reminds me of another WTF when Volgin grabs snake's dick.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 13:47:17

At 7/4/12 12:07 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
They changed it, for those who have access to xbox live you doofus.

fixed.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 14:04:57

At 7/4/12 01:47 PM, II2none wrote:
At 7/4/12 12:07 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
They changed it, for those who have access to xbox live, origin, and PSN you doofus.
fixed.

Fixeded. What's so hard about getting an internet connection and 0-5 dollars a month?

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 14:45:10

. Metal Gear Solid 2 - two words "Fission mailed"
. Metal Gear Solid 3 - All the possible ways The End can own you, and that freaky nightmare/game demo that activates if you save and restart the game in the cell after the torture room scene.
. Skyrim - First time I saw two Giants fighting a dragon and also win.
. Super Mario 64 - First encounter with the haunted piano
. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - First encounter with a Wall Master.

more that I can't think of right now.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 14:56:25

At 7/4/12 02:01 PM, Protagonist wrote: That part in GTA IV BOGT when you see that guys dick.

I'm pretty sure that was TLAD, not BOGT.

At 7/4/12 12:34 PM, phrozonfire wrote: That reminds me of another WTF when Volgin grabs snake's dick.

Oh yeah, that scene, that was amazing.

Also the entire opening of Final Fantasy X-2. Square gets a lot of hate but I have to hand it them, they sure know how to completely fuck up a story in the shortest time possible.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-04 15:24:00

At 7/4/12 02:45 PM, Mismo wrote: . Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - First encounter with a Wall Master.

It's not the WallMasters that I thought were the WTF enemies. For me it was definitely the ReDead. When it looks at you, makes that screaming noise and then slowly starts walking towards you. Then when it actually gets to you it wraps itself around you.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-05 21:00:14

At 7/4/12 02:56 PM, Jackho wrote: Also the entire opening of Final Fantasy X-2. Square gets a lot of hate but I have to hand it them, they sure know how to completely fuck up a story in the shortest time possible.

I remember being totally confused when I saw that. I was 10 back then and finally completed ffx. So I felt like yuna wasn't a "good girl" anymore.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 00:09:16

That moment when you're facing one little monster in FFXIII-2 and think "Oh, fuck; this will be a piece of cake!" and two hits later you're at the game over screen.

Fucking Tonberry...

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 00:51:28

At 7/4/12 02:45 PM, Mismo wrote: . Metal Gear Solid 2 - two words "Fission mailed"
. Metal Gear Solid 3 - All the possible ways The End can own you, and that freaky nightmare/game demo that activates if you save and restart the game in the cell after the torture room scene.

Or when your mini map turns into a half naked japanese chick? That was awesome.

The End really couldn't own you though, just plop out the needles. There were actually more ways to defeat him in game.

And the dream sequence was actually a real game I believe

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 01:22:00

aliens in Majora's Mask

Mr. Ressetti making you think he shut off your game in Animal Crossing

spotting the G Man just...hanging out in various parts of Half Life 2

Cloud Strife having a gay gang bang in FF7

FFX ending. Fuck that shit.

Quan Chi stretching your neck like you suddenly live in the world of Gumby in MK Deadly Alliance

being required to let the ducklings fall to their deaths in the mine cart in order to proceed in Ducktales

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 05:33:19

At 7/6/12 01:22 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Majora's Mask

Dude the entire fucking game is creepy as fuck. I still maintain that is one of the best non-intentional disturbing games ever made.

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 05:47:27

At 7/6/12 12:51 AM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 7/4/12 02:45 PM, Mismo wrote: . Metal Gear Solid 2 - two words "Fission mailed"
The End really couldn't own you though, just plop out the needles. There were actually more ways to defeat him in game.

Well I know that there more than one way to defeat him. I believe there are three possible ways. When I say 'own' I don't mean kill you. I mean those possible outcomes where him one hit sedates you and carries you all the way back to lab. That is worse than death in MGS.

And the dream sequence was actually a real game I believe

It was intended to be a full game, the dream sequence was a demo of that game. But it was never completed. But nevertheless, probably one of the best easter eggs in gaming.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 06:03:24

The end of castle crashers for sure.

Response to WTF moments in gaming. 2012-07-06 13:04:27

Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum.
Especially the part that led up to his final nightmare scene.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature