00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This is Your Final Chance.

53,293 Views | 165 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 17:02:43

Kickstarters are shit, no thanks.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 17:19:25

I don't understand how the first 3 comments on this thread are "i would donate but i can't afford it". The minimum donation is $1 dollar for gods sake noone here can act like they can't afford one measly dollar. If your not donating just be honest about why - it's perfectly aceeptable to not back it because you don't want to or can't be bothered - or at least don't post some bullshit about how you can't afford it.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 17:19:59

Ahhhhhhhhh thats too much money we need more spamming of this on Facebook. MOOOORE.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 17:35:06

Are the PayPal donations already added to the total on kickstarter? Not expecting it to make up for the missing 17k of course.

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 17:47:30

how about make season 2 and season 3 and then finale season till comes on newgrounds

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 18:27:22

At 6/14/12 03:35 PM, Otto wrote: I got a job the other week with the intention of adding to this.. but I don't get paid for another 8 days. I'm so very sorry, Tom! Good luck to the project.

I would of donated more if there was a pledge later option. Like I pledge now, pay later at a convenient time for me X-) but alas there is no "don't pay till 2014 interest free" option going on here.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 18:27:53

I think that you should have plugged the idea on ConceptArt.org as well. Then again, they have an indifferent view of this site aside from Harry Partridge, Adam Phillips, and Edmund McMillen.

I'm not impressed with the way things are going here.

Old Music|Artistic Progress|Current Music

MSN & Trillian: Ask first.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 18:36:58

At 6/14/12 06:29 PM, GoodFish wrote: At 6/14/12 06:27 PM, swaenK wrote::
option going on here.
Money? High school and college kids? Biggest depression since 1929? Lol?

Yeah there's hardly any work in Canada unless you're in the ol' oil patch. I handed out 200+ resumes didn't get work. Probably why my life blows right now, 'cuz I didn't get a job :( waaahh wahhhh could be soviet russia, or I could be dead in the ol' afghan war/arab spring.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 18:45:40

At 6/14/12 03:37 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote:
Even donating a dollar or two will help them.

Seriously, how many people don't have even a dollar to pledge? Besides if you pledge only $25 you're essentially buying Tankmen dog tags, a poster, and a dvd of the series. Sounds like a damn good deal to me. I'm unemployed and was able to pledge $55. I'm sure most of you can spare at least 5 bucks and for those of you who don't have online accounts ask your friend or a parent to use their paypal (or wahtever) and pay them back.

"The future is not fixed, my choices are my own. And yet how ironic, for in the end, I find I have no choice at all. I am a warrior; let the battle be join" -DB

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 19:02:57

Pledged $5, made a link to the Kickstarter on Newgrounds' Wikipedia page and created this forum topic, sorry I couldn't do more but I'm trying to move out at the moment and I'm a wee bit short on money.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 19:08:26

Hey you! Yeah you, reading this! Have you seen The Forsaken City project yet? If not, click the "SUPPORT THIS SERIES KICKSTARTER" on the top right of this screen, and try to donate something! I'm sure most of you are flat out broke, but if you can't donate ANYTHING, then at least spread the word to other people. Those who can donate, DO IT! Any amount, even 5 bucks (less than the cost of going to see a movie) is a big help! If you just cannot donate, then copy and paste this to another place, maybe on facebook or a review here somewhere. Come on guys!!! Me and tons of other people really want to see this project get off the ground! Let's do it!!!

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 19:08:36

For any of you people wondering, theres a paypal link at the bottom of their website http://www.studiofirelight.com/

GO GO GO

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 19:17:05

If all else fails just start another one and this time make the pledge amount $12 000, cannot fail. har har har

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 19:18:59

I've given what I can, now I'm just hoping for a solid finish. It's happened before, though, so it's not like the light's going away.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 20:28:59

There have been several comments that said this already, but I think it's worth repeating. Why won't you aim for lower amount of cash, like 5k (you already got more than that), and use that to make a pilot episode. Show the pilot to people and say "you see how cool this is, you want us to make more? Give us your money", that would actually work. Instead of what you are doing now is saying "hey we got a good idea and we think it would be cool to make it, give us your money", ummm, nope.

You can solve pretty much any problem you may have with AS3 by consulting the AS3 Language reference.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 20:30:45

I pledged $25 :) Would definitely like to see this happen

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 21:41:12

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 21:43:15

There should be a huge banner on the front page, not just support this kickstarter in the corner, but the name of the project and a sample image. So far I guess no one has bothered to click on that uninteresting "support this kickstarter" link as it looks like just another lame ad for something totally uninteresting (Forsaken City is not!).

fu

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 22:25:20

Aight, balls to the wall.

Donated

Only because I really, really want to see this shit happen!

Mystery boxes always get me :P

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 23:05:45

I'm broke but I'll donate my left testicle.

You guys could do something with that, right?

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 23:46:33

Come on guys, every dollar counts. Even if you're broke, a dollar from everyone who could would help so much. I've donated 35 bucks myself for the blu-ray edition so..xD!
Ah yes, there are rewards for donating, for those who haven't checked out the kickstarter yet.
So come on!

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 00:02:06

Sadly i has no electronic money just straight cash homie.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 01:28:26

ill donate something tomorrow

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 02:01:33

As if I could donate.
I don't even have a job at the moment.
:(

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 02:23:08

why not just have people help and spend their own money/time?

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 03:53:47

17k? I'm sure the Newgrounds office could easily afford that ;)

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 04:11:06

At 6/14/12 12:51 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please help spread the word about the Forsaken City Kickstarter so we can make a final push!

Here's my push. You've had the $35 that I can spare, I want to help this move forward as much as I can.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 05:49:52

I wish I could use my Newgrounds shop money:S

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 08:35:40

If each and every one of these idiots who said they were broke would have just shut up and given a dollar, this project would be funded by now.

I swear. People pull that excuse far too much for me. Give a DOLLAR. You can find that in your couch cushions.
Or maybe you don't have a couch cuz you're so BROKE. In which case, get off NG and go get a JOB.

I can't STAND people who won't support artists. Just shut up with that "broke" shit. And then you wonder why artists all have to dumb down their content to fit in with a corporate record company or animation company. BECAUSE THEY GET NO SUPPORT FROM YOU CLOWNS.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-15 09:07:54

I agree with SenatorJohnDean on this.
Using an excuse like i'm broke is just bs. Just say that you don't want to pledge no excuses.

Sorry but 3 days for another 16k is just unreal that can't happen. They should have started with 20k goal in the first place.

I had plenty of opportunity and cash to donate but i simply don't feel like it for this project.
While for other projects i have made quite generous offers thats is if they have a paypal account to donate to.