00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Beer Club

7,084 Views | 82 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-01 14:29:05

At 7/1/12 09:54 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I'm also curious about Gumballhead and Mad Dog.

How do you find out about these beers ? When I discover a new beer it's usually through the brewery that made another beer I like. I usually end up tasting all of their products when I like just one :)

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-02 05:37:18

At 7/1/12 02:29 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/1/12 09:54 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I'm also curious about Gumballhead and Mad Dog.
How do you find out about these beers ? When I discover a new beer it's usually through the brewery that made another beer I like. I usually end up tasting all of their products when I like just one :)

beer store, mostly. I also found out about a beer called Black Metal Brew that has a guy with corpse paint on the label. I was thinking of having the guy at the store have it imported. The brewery that makes that stuff is in Texas.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-04 20:26:13

So, am I the only one here who's had Earthquake?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-06 00:13:27

Black Metal Brew, eh? That's my kind of scene. Wonder what it tastes like...

Had a pint of Sam Adams Summer Ale the other day. Pretty good, but too much lemon. I think Sense-Offender would enjoy it. Very smooth and it went fine with the meal I was having. Wife was so impressed she bought a case today.

I find out about beers either from the internet or the beer stores.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-06 00:34:26

At 7/6/12 12:13 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Had a pint of Sam Adams Summer Ale the other day. Pretty good, but too much lemon. I think Sense-Offender would enjoy it.

I haven't had that much by that brand, but I liked the stout. It's not super sweet like Bud Light Lime, is it?

It's a stout, which I think is fitting for such a name. There's also a Thrash Metal Ale, apparently. I didn't realize that, but now I want that, too. It's limited, though.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/beers/#beers_184

The Beer Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-06 18:33:49

At 7/6/12 12:34 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/6/12 12:13 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Had a pint of Sam Adams Summer Ale the other day. Pretty good, but too much lemon. I think Sense-Offender would enjoy it.
I haven't had that much by that brand, but I liked the stout. It's not super sweet like Bud Light Lime, is it?

Psshh, no way. A little yeastey and fruity, but otherwise a balanced ale. What have you been drinking that crap for?

It's a stout, which I think is fitting for such a name. There's also a Thrash Metal Ale, apparently. I didn't realize that, but now I want that, too. It's limited, though.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/beers/#beers_184

I'm going to have to keep my eye out. Seems like an interesting little brewery.

If anyone would like to know, IPAs don't go with hot wings and blue cheese dressing. Had one today at lunch and it was sort of ruining it, lol.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-06 18:53:40

Sorry for the double post, but I just found out that the brewery down the road in Mount Joy was on Ghost Hunters the April that just passed. The place is real nice, but fuck if I knew it was on the telly!

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-06 20:41:12

At 7/6/12 06:33 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: What have you been drinking that crap for?

My mom drinks the stuff all the time and I've had a couple before. It's indeed not very good. I've had worse, though. I once had a 40 of what I could have sworn was liquefied pickled olives.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-07-31 01:31:13

The 120 min dogfish ipa was on tap today which is rare. Favorite beer

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-28 23:38:52

I bought a Wild Blue, blueberry lager today. It fucking sucks. dont buy it. even if its on sale.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-29 03:45:27

At 8/28/12 11:38 PM, Luis wrote: I bought a Wild Blue, blueberry lager today. It fucking sucks. dont buy it. even if its on sale.

Haha ! Lawd ! Beer with fruit taste is pretty much hit or miss. You either make a very good one, or an horrible one. Here in Quebec, McAuclan brewery makes a beautiful apricot beer. If you ever gets a chance to drink this, just do. Just do !

The Beer Club

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-29 03:50:21

At 7/2/12 05:37 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: beer store, mostly. I also found out about a beer called Black Metal Brew that has a guy with corpse paint on the label. I was thinking of having the guy at the store have it imported. The brewery that makes that stuff is in Texas.

I can't believe I'll have to go to Austin Texas to drink this... But I have to drink this !

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-29 10:09:56

Got my hands on a pretty rare beer. It's called Samichlaus, it's an Austrian beer only brewed once a year at Christmas, then they age it for six months before selling. It was the strongest beer in the world at one point, as it's 14%. Anyway it's from 1991, and is supposed to get better with age. I'm not sure if I'm going to save it for a special occasion and drink it, or just keep it, as it's collectable I guess. Have any of you guys heard of it?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-29 14:24:24

At 8/29/12 10:09 AM, Dromedary wrote: Got my hands on a pretty rare beer. It's called Samichlaus, it's an Austrian beer only brewed once a year at Christmas, then they age it for six months before selling. It was the strongest beer in the world at one point, as it's 14%. Anyway it's from 1991, and is supposed to get better with age. I'm not sure if I'm going to save it for a special occasion and drink it, or just keep it, as it's collectable I guess. Have any of you guys heard of it?

Tried it in fact. I bought two, one for my dad and one for myself. They cost 5 Canadian Dollars each :P It was a very good beer indeed. But don't expect it to taste anything like what you've tried before. This beer is very sweet and tasteful. You might want to avoid drinking a lot before getting the Samichlaus out of the fridge. It was the last beer of my night, and it finished me off :P

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-29 16:14:50

Bought some Yeungling Black and Tan the other week... I haven't drank too much of it, because it's good at first, but I got sick of it pretty quick. I'd rather just drink a porter instead of porter mixed with regular beer.

Also had Magic Hat's spring lager. FUCK THAT SHIT! It tasted ok, but ok into shit and then I-poured-it down-the-sink-shitty. I mean, damn! I think I'm becoming more and more averted to lagers. I'd much rather have an ale. Anybody want to come down and drink my Black and Tan for me? I can't go get some friggan Newcastle until I finish this shit.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-29 19:20:08

At 8/29/12 02:24 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Tried it in fact. I bought two, one for my dad and one for myself. They cost 5 Canadian Dollars each :P It was a very good beer indeed. But don't expect it to taste anything like what you've tried before. This beer is very sweet and tasteful. You might want to avoid drinking a lot before getting the Samichlaus out of the fridge. It was the last beer of my night, and it finished me off :P

Ahh, but did you have a modern brew, or one from 1991? I saw a video where a guy tasted both, and apparently they aren't even remotely similar.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-08-30 02:12:36

At 8/29/12 07:20 PM, Dromedary wrote: Ahh, but did you have a modern brew, or one from 1991? I saw a video where a guy tasted both, and apparently they aren't even remotely similar.

Mine was bottled in 2011.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-09-10 19:49:17

Had Appalachian's Purist IPA at a picnic yesterday. It was great and went amazingly well with barbecued chicken.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-09-11 22:21:46

At 8/28/12 11:38 PM, Luis wrote: I bought a Wild Blue, blueberry lager today. It fucking sucks. dont buy it. even if its on sale.

I'd go as far as to say to not drink it even if it's free, but that's just me.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-09-14 22:07:18

At 9/11/12 10:21 PM, Rallard wrote:
I'd go as far as to say to not drink it even if it's free, but that's just me.

If you are in the Southern United States, Naked Pig is a must drink ale.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-09-15 11:42:47

MOTHERFUCKING BEEEEEEEEER!! I only just saw this thread.

Beer is good. End thread.

Response to The Beer Club 2012-09-19 04:35:18

At 4/13/12 01:15 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Welcome to The Beer Club !

Woo! I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. Beer is truly the nectar of the gods.

For us to have a place to start, I will ask new members to tell us what are their favorite beers, where they like to hang out to drink their beer, which brewery is their favorite, etc.

Hmmm, it's hard to pick, but I guess some of my favorites would be Bluepoint Toasted Lager (brewed in my home state of NY), Schlafly Pumpkin Ale (from my current home in St. Louis; I love limited seasonal stuff like this), Moose Drool (from Montana), Pilsner Urquell and a bunch of other Czech beers with obscure and unpronouncable names I can't fully remember.

I lived in the Czech Republic for four months earlier this year, and man, they take beer to a whole other level there. It's the highest per capita beer consumer in the world (yup, more than Germany, more than Ireland), and that's probably because their beer is not only plentiful and delicious, but also unbelievably cheap (cheaper than water in many cases). The country's beer culture was a lot of fun to experience, and the beer itself was easily some of the best I've ever had (or ever will have).

So do any of you guys brew your own beer? I'm just starting to get into it now (one of my roommates has been brewing for a few years and has sort of been apprenticing me) and I'm wondering if any of you have some tips/recipes/stories/whatever.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to The Beer Club 2012-09-28 09:04:56

So the October Fest beers have been around for a while now and I've finally managed to test this year's harvest here in Sweden. Once again I'm sorely dissapointed, most of the beers are just a little bit darker beers, but nothing else. Two breweries manage to catch my attention, St:Eriks a small Swedish independent brewery and Brooklyn Brewery. Both breweries brew a nice dark October Fest Beer with a lot of smooth tastes and plenty of hops.

Obviously the Munich breweries make their own style of beer. Good handiwork but no thrills.

The Beer Club