00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder?

20,416 Views | 264 Replies

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 13:52:47

At 4/1/12 11:57 PM, Bees wrote:

if i openly show that i am apathetic it is not an clever retort or rebuttal to call me apathetic. it is a redundant observation that lacks a point. way 2 go morons

Get over yourself, your post was just you actin like a suburban gangster and as usual only reveals how arrogant and stupid you are.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 13:58:50

At 4/1/12 11:50 PM, Bees wrote:
also lmao he thought he had a point by comparing trayvon martin (a total DWEEB who never entered my life and never will) to someone i loved dying.

Again your intellect is radiant. I wasn't comparing Martin himself to your loved ones, genius. I was comparing your outlook on Martins death to the eventual death of your loved ones.See this is why you need to drop the pretentious teen act clearly you're not as smart as you like to think you are and it shows almost every time.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 19:07:33

At 4/2/12 07:04 PM, Austerity wrote: are we still discussing this?

THEY are.

Kofius.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 19:25:28

Person A provokes person B.

Person B then attacks and is shot by Person A.

COULD Martin have just walked away? Yes. COULD Zimmerman had just waited patiently for police instead of trying to be some hero? Yes.

It's a terrible case regardless, and although Zimmerman was really the person who could have avoided all this from the get-go, it all boils down to both parties having the onus on them to behave accordingly. During some scenarios, sometimes this doesn't happen, and it's very unfortunate.

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 20:41:49

why are people changing the subject from trayvon's murder to everyone elses this is not about random acts of violence this is about trayvon

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 20:48:06

At 4/2/12 08:41 PM, captainlolz wrote: why are people changing the subject from trayvon's murder to everyone elses this is not about random acts of violence this is about trayvon

Because people are trying to make a point most likely.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 22:14:47

At 4/2/12 09:38 PM, Bees wrote:
which is...what i said... you were comparing my outlook on a random person's death to the eventual death of someone i loved. can't you read?

Random, TOO YOU.Pretty clear he has family/ people who care about him.
Your opinion on this is snobbish, dismissive and ignorant as to why it came to be. Just so you know this case was made into a big deal because it was swept under the rug for like a week or so.

realist = arrogant and stupid. is that your responses to everyone who doesn't want to save the world? my post revealed my, gasp, opinion in a discussion thread. i didn't know that was, you know, forbidden. yours served literally no purpose other than to attack my personality way 2 go MAWRAWN am i cool yet

Realist,really? A realist doesn't claim a death doesn't matter because there's millions of people of the same race, fool. That's pretty much saying you don't matter cause they're millions of other Caucasians or whatever your race is.

So when you go to your grandma's funeral I should expect you to express something along the lines of "Get over it, there's a million other old ladies where she came from." Realist indeed.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 22:34:34

So apparently the footage of Zimmerman being taken into police custody shows a large gash on the back of his head. Think this changes anything?

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 22:41:01

At 4/2/12 10:23 PM, Bees wrote:
At 4/2/12 10:14 PM, II2none wrote:
At 4/2/12 09:38 PM, Bees wrote:
which is...what i said... you were comparing my outlook on a random person's death to the eventual death of someone i loved. can't you read?
Random, TOO YOU.Pretty clear he has family/ people who care about him
yeah mane all them teenage activists givin this hype

Yeah its not like anyone knows him personally or anything.

it was made a big deal before any of the facts were even established. there are so many versions of this story its a waste of time to dwell on it. it's overrated "shot cause he was black" bullshit now. supports of each person claim said person can do no wrong while one killed a guy and the other was slamming the other's head into the damn ground, and all anyone knows is based on zimmerman's dad and some girl who might have seen something but turned away and made popping noises. this is why i am dismissive and ignoruant. everyone's ignorant to what actually happened you moron

The anger isn't about race idiot. it's about the law brushing it aside....

i am a realist and i just claimed that. i could go further and say, who cares about one death, there are 7 billion people on the fucking planet, but i might just be a suburban white apathetic white kid! please stop including me in your shotty metaphors because in order to compare something to something else you have to actually know what both things are, and so far you are just assuming things which doesn't help your point (whatever that is) at all.

Nah your definitely NOT a realist, Don't know what you mean by shotty metaphors and not knowing what they mean. Let me simplify it for you, RACE DOESN'T REPRESENT AN INDIVIDUAL, AN INDIVIDUAL DOESN'T REPRESENT HIS RACE. BY THIS LOGIC LIFE AND DEATH WON"T IMPACT YOU, CAUSE APPARENTLY A PERSON AND THERE RACE IS ONE IN THE SAME.

i don't like my grandmother so yeah that's probably how it'll be. old people die. why would i dwell on the inevitable?

Okay, WHATEVER loved one that is I expect you to preach that exact same logic. Maybe you'll meet a person like him/her again with the exact same physical emotional and mental features.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 23:36:34

At 4/2/12 11:00 PM, Travis wrote: I haven't really looked into this much because I know it's a can of worms.

But the family of Martin pulled in Al Sharpton and etc.

Way to make it a race issue rather than a human issue.

I hate how ironic this is.

Unfortunately, the only way to end this peacefully is to throw Zimmerman away, anything else will cause a MASSIVE backlash, and maybe even a race riot.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 23:37:27

At 4/2/12 11:00 PM, Bees wrote:
At 4/2/12 10:41 PM, II2none wrote: Yeah its not like anyone knows him personally or anything.
dont give me that. if it were just his family who gave a shit this story would have no hype. if he wasn't black it wouldn't have nearly as much hype. maybe if he was gay and simply killed himself and zimmerman sold him the gun, it would get, eh, maybe half the hype.

Or if it was clear cut evidence on what went down and not just pure eyewitness.

i dont see why the family had to call in al sharpton and demand justice for their lowly black child, as if a lawsuit couldn't have just done the job. imo he's more a meme than a martyr.
but they didn't. they took the guy in. they have witness accounts. the laws in florida sided with zimmerman, a law that's been in place for years. they didn't just simply decide to create it to save zimmerman's ass. no one knows what really happened. so far everyone is just nitpicking about a scuffle they didn't see, and what they do see (race) they take so literal it's borderline stupidity. also lul its not about race

Well the Case it's self yes, but the anger based off of it, no.

Nah your definitely NOT a realist, Don't know what you mean by shotty metaphors and not knowing what they mean. Let me simplify it for you, RACE DOESN'T REPRESENT AN INDIVIDUAL, AN INDIVIDUAL DOESN'T REPRESENT HIS RACE. BY THIS LOGIC LIFE AND DEATH WON"T IMPACT YOU, CAUSE APPARENTLY A PERSON AND THERE RACE IS ONE IN THE SAME.
yeah i have a realistic view on life i ain't a realist.

way to make it about race. maybe i shouldn't have worded it to sound like i didn't care because he was black, because that's the card you're pulling right now but that's the card anyone pulls now isn't it lol. i meant i don't care if he dies because to me he's just a random kid in a pool of 100 million blacks. because if i care about his death, what about all those other deaths i would subsequently have to care about, because if i am THIS righteous i have to keep up with my righteousness and not be a picky, "whats in the news today" ignorant shit.

. First off all it would be easy to see why one would pull the race card based off this post

At 4/1/12 11:13 PM, Bees wrote:

fuck trayvon martin theres like 100 million other black kids in the goddamn country

Second,I'm not pulling the race card I'm stating your aspect of life and death views people like robots. The only reason black is mentioned is because as you may have noticed that's trayvons race. You don't have to be invested in the death of someone but to act like the rest of the world shouldn't give a damn because it has nothing to do with you and people are born more often then killed that's equally as ignorant. People aren't robots there will never be another Trayvon.

Okay, WHATEVER loved one that is I expect you to preach that exact same logic. Maybe you'll meet a person like him/her again with the exact same physical emotional and mental features.
are you trying to prove something here or are you just going to keep guessing which family i love the most, kill them and then set the scenario up to see if i am a hypocrite? can we just omit whatever this part of the argument is because it's going nowhere.

Dude....Improve your comprehension skills. I'm saying you're outlook on life will most likely be skewed if someone you cared about died.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 23:46:06

At 4/2/12 08:48 PM, II2none wrote:
At 4/2/12 08:41 PM, captainlolz wrote: why are people changing the subject from trayvon's murder to everyone elses this is not about random acts of violence this is about trayvon
Because people are trying to make a point most likely.

a point that is completely irrelevant to the topic at and thus is pointless

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-02 23:48:24

The shooting isn't the interesting part of the story. You all missed it, but that's understandable. The interesting part is that the Cathedral got caught propagandizing; but, of course, if you don't go outside the Cathedral, you probably won't notice.

As Lawrence Auster said: "ItâEUTMs as though people living under Communism did not understand (or kept forgetting) that they lived under an ideological state, and believed that everything the regime told them was the truth. Well, we too live under an ideological state, which means not just the government, but all the institutions supporting the governing ideology. It is time for us to internalize what this means."

wolf piss

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 05:22:37

My opinion? They were both idiots.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 13:41:28

At 4/2/12 11:36 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
Trayvon wasn't murdered though.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/murder

It fits some definitions of "murder".

here is the definition of kill, in case you need it as well:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kill

As for the audio analysis:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/biometrics3.htm
This should clarify a bit on how it works in case anyone still does not understand.
Also, as for those who missed it, it is not Zimmerman who was crying for help. see news link below.

And now, for a link to the new enhanced video as well as updates on the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/03/justice/florida-teen-shooting/
?hpt=hp_c1

And for a story about the analysis on the new video:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-doctor-sees-evi dence-george-zimmerman/story?id=16055412#.T3s15uKYPQo

Experts agree that there appears to be damage on the head, yet there is absolutely no evidence of a broken nose or of blood on the clothes. Also, Other medical experts say that it was probably not serious damage, as there are no bandages or other items of cover up on the head.

Ballistics info and autopsy report remain pending.

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 13:48:10

Whoa I've missed a lot of discussion.

Seems like the evidence is mostly against Zimmerman though, with only one thing supporting his claim and two things going against it.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 14:01:57

At 4/2/12 11:46 PM, captainlolz wrote:

Depends on who's point you're referring to.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 14:29:10

At 4/3/12 02:01 PM, II2none wrote:
At 4/2/12 11:46 PM, captainlolz wrote:
Depends on who's point you're referring to.

If your still arguing with bee, you may as well argue with Cleverbot:

http://cleverbot.com/

An apathetic person is not too different from a machine.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 14:39:39

At 4/3/12 02:29 PM, Revo357912 wrote:

At this point its more of a clarity issue then an argument.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 14:45:32

At 4/3/12 02:31 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote:
At 4/3/12 02:29 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
How insensitive of you.

So apathetic

Empathy means "to view from a different point of view". Apathy is the "inability to see through a different point of view". Therefore, if empathetic towards an apathetic person, then the response will be purely logical, and thus apathetic.

:Then again, from reading your past posts you seem like a troll who has nothing better to do and am probably wasting my time by replying.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 16:48:25

At 4/3/12 02:29 PM, Revo357912 wrote: An apathetic person is not too different from a machine.

What the fuck is this kind of argument?

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 17:04:04

I honestly don't care about this. People get murdered every day, and this one just happened to be black.

H8 CRYME, D00D.

No.

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-03 18:25:05

At 4/3/12 04:48 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:
At 4/3/12 02:29 PM, Revo357912 wrote: An apathetic person is not too different from a machine.
What the fuck is this kind of argument?

A scientific one. Here is an article related to it, if your unsatisfied, I'll put up more:

http://shrinkwrapped.blogs.com/blog/2010/02/empathy-and-ai-p art-iii.html

"It is said for a machine to transcend cold logic and acquire General Artificial Intelligence that it must acquire empathy."

Also, theres this little article that others may find interesting:

http://www.spockosbrain.com/2007/03/lack-of-empathy-is-sympt om-of-brain

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-04-21 21:55:40

At 4/21/12 09:50 PM, RacistBassist wrote: http://gma.yahoo.com/warning-graphic-photo-possible-evidence -shows-george-zimmermans-050145810--abc-news-topstories.html

Sup guys.

/discussion

Glad this has been released. Now the anti-gun racists who are attempting to play the race card can shut the fuck up.

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2013-04-30 19:48:02

Normally I wouldn't reopen news this old, but

*BREAKING NEWS*

the killer is about to be tried, and he just denied his Stand My Ground pre-trial hearing. Let's see how this plays out.