00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder?

20,412 Views | 264 Replies

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 17:10:31

if martin did punch him and knocked him to the ground and bash his head in to the concrete zimmerman would be unconcious

either zimmerman was the persuer stand your ground does not apply man pure fucking murder

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 17:29:45

At 3/27/12 05:12 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 3/27/12 05:10 PM, captainlolz wrote: if martin did punch him and knocked him to the ground and bash his head in to the concrete zimmerman would be unconcious
Let's ignore the eye witness because it does not fit my views.

from a primairy source zimmerman himself "these assholes they always get away,fucking coons"
he was the persuer trayvon stood his ground

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 17:42:28

Trayvon punched the guy and bashed Zimmerman's head, of course the guy gotta defend himself. Even though the kid didn't deserve to die but he still needed a life lesson which actually cost his frigging life.

Don't bash me for racist! Is this common shit for chavs (black n white) ans skids to act? If someone followed you and you just turned around to punch the guy, what did you get next? A few 9mm of course!

It's a fucking neighborhood and Zimmerman was a neighborwatch volunteer: Of course he had to follow stranger who look suspicious (hoodies?).

For fuck sake these dump protests reminded me of OWS and Kony shit again. Kid is dead, okay! But stop your idiotic rants about how he died and stop pretending he was innocent.

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 18:05:51

At 3/27/12 04:36 PM, RacistBassist wrote: He was told that they don't need him to follow anymore, that is a whole lot different then being told not do follow definitively.

The phrasing here is a little disingenuous. The dispatch officer heard a bunch of noises coming from the cabin of a vehicle and Zimmerman saying the alleged slur to which he asks "Are you following him" and when Zimmerman replies yes the officer says "Okay we don't need you to do that", which sounds to me like a really polite way of saying "That's really stupid knock it off". He didn't need to follow him in the first place, his whole duty of observe and report was over the instant he dialed 911. Saying he was told he didn't need to do it "anymore" makes it sound as though he was doing his job correctly in the first place (which he certainly as not).

At 3/27/12 05:42 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: Don't bash me for racist! Is this common shit for chavs (black n white) ans skids to act? If someone followed you and you just turned around to punch the guy, what did you get next? A few 9mm of course!

This assumes that there was no provocation, be it vocal or physical, from Zimmerman. Zimmerman could have made threats, pushed him etc.

It's a fucking neighborhood and Zimmerman was a neighborwatch volunteer: Of course he had to follow stranger who look suspicious (hoodies?).

No, he didn't have to follow anybody, as the police already told him, and being Neighborhood Watch does not ever involve tracking people down with a gun, nor does it involve confronting them, ever, unless they are harming you or somebody else around you or are posing an immediate threat to their property, which Martin wasn't doing. Also if you think wearing a hoodie in February (or really any time of the year that isn't too hot for the atire at 7 PM) to be suspicious......you're really weird.

For fuck sake these dump protests reminded me of OWS and Kony shit again. Kid is dead, okay! But stop your idiotic rants about how he died and stop pretending he was innocent.

I don't agree with RacistBassist but at least he doesn't type stuff like this.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 18:07:08

Right when I saw this topic I knew people are gonna argue about this.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 18:29:24

At 3/27/12 06:10 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
They would say that in any number of situations. They'll say it if you're following a hit and run driver. They'll say it if you're following somebody who just robbed a bank. Actually, I take that last one back. They would definitively say it. He was observing and reporting. Look at mall security that isn't allowed to confront. They'll follow you all over the fucking place if they suspect you, even if they're a secret shopper. Does that give me a go ahead to bash one of their heads against the tiling on the ground since if I didn't actually steal? I mean, they weren't identified and I was being followed.

The point I was illustrating was that he already observed and reported, was told it was not in any way necessary that he continue to pursue the person, and if he believed Martin to be dangerous in any way it would make absolutely no sense for him to continue following them and then exit his vehicle where he would be much safer and get anywhere near him. While chasing Martin was not breaking the law in of itself, one could make a compelling argument that Zimmerman was being overzealous with his non-authority and was attempting to intentionally place himself into a confrontation, one that resulted in a shooting. Trying to place yourself in the middle of danger to intentionally start an incident is indeed a crime. I can't say definitively that that's exactly what Zimmerman's motives were, so I'm not, but I am saying it is entirely within the realm of possibility, and given his....unique history and attitude, isn't an entirely unreasonable position to have.

Therefore, it is entirely reasonable to convict somebody of murder because something might have happened. What would bringing him to trial do?

No, it's not that cut and dry, and from a legal standpoint I don't think murder would even be the correct sentencing here. Manslaughter, wrongful death etc etc are probably much more likely convictions if he were brought into court over it. What I'm trying to say is it might not be the routine, by the book case of self defense you're advocating it to be, because if vocal threats were made or anything else like that, it changes the assignment of blame entirely.

Prosecutor: Was it you or Trayvon who initiated the confrontation?
Zimm: Trayvon
Prosecutor: Fuck.

Obviously they wouldn't bring him to trial if the only available eyewitness of who started the confrontation is Zimmerman himself. But you never know, new information and eyewitness testimony may become available in the future. Witnesses to crimes stay silent about it for a while all the time.

Yes, he didn't have to follow him. Trayvon also didn't need Skittles. Therefore, Trayvon was in the wrong for doing something he was well within his right to do.

Wait, no, that last part wasn't right.

This is a really weird comparison that I'm not sure was even meant to be serious so I'll just leave it.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 18:34:51

Please excuse the double post, but I wanted to respond to this as well.

At 3/27/12 06:10 PM, RacistBassist wrote: He was observing and reporting.

No, he already observed and reported. Continuing his pursuit was not observing or reporting, really. Neighborhood Watch doesn't instruct you to chase people down after calling the cops, and in fact most groups plead you not to for your own safety and the safety of others in your neighborhood.

Look at mall security that isn't allowed to confront. They'll follow you all over the fucking place if they suspect you, even if they're a secret shopper. Does that give me a go ahead to bash one of their heads against the tiling on the ground since if I didn't actually steal? I mean, they weren't identified and I was being followed.

Er, no. Mall Security does indeed have the right to confront you, stop you and even detain you if they witness you shoplifting property while they wait for the police to arrive. They also are paid and instructed to follow you in order to protect merchandise. As in, that is their job, by the book. It's not a similar situation in the least.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 21:22:51

Zimmerman was apparently a 'head' of town watch or something, and he had a bad record, andddd he was a racist cunt who finds black men in hoodies targets for murder

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 22:02:28

I don't give a fuck what the law is. I don't give a fuck how "Big or Athletic" Trayvon was. There is absolutely no justification for killing an unarmed minor. Zimmerman is so fucking guilty, it's disgusting.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-27 22:13:27

Zimaman chased down a minor, in which he was advised NOT to do, did it anyway, shoots UNARMED suspect anyway, claims self-defense.

Bullshit, he just wanted to shoot a black person because he even said himself "These ASSHOLES, they always get away"

Away with what ? He didn't even commit a crime

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 00:22:56

trayvan martin justifiable homicide, enough said

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 00:32:39

From what I've seen, the media has tried to portray Trayvon as a good angel kid who has never done anything wrong and was killed by a racist "White" guy (George). In reality Trayvon was a thug who was suspended from school, and was caught skulking around houses in a neighborhood he didn't live in, and when he was approached by George a half Latino half white man, he attacked him, got on top of him beating him and wound up getting shot in the chest.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 03:02:26

At 3/28/12 12:32 AM, Nick2292 wrote: From what I've seen, the media has tried to portray Trayvon as a good angel kid who has never done anything wrong and was killed by a racist "White" guy (George).

Then ignore it like every other mature adult would. Media figures don't hold a patent on discussing an issue.

In reality Trayvon was a thug who was suspended from school

This is completely irrelevant to literally anything, and does nothing to support the idea that Martin deserved to be shot in any way. I was suspended from school maybe eight or so times between third grade and my freshman year of high school, and I'm a model citizen (not trying to toot my horn. I mean that I work, attend higher education, have no criminal record and I vote, not that I'm a totally awesome person to be around or some shit).

I don't think most people would call me a thug for acting like an idiot in school.

and was caught skulking around houses in a neighborhood he didn't live in,

He was walking to his father's fiancee's home after stopping to buy candy. It's not illegal or even remotely impolite to walk through a neighborhood you don't live in. I don't know why you feel like that's somehow an evil thing to do.

he attacked him,

You have no idea what took place that night and who started the physical altercation so attempting to say a kid deserved to get shot because it makes sense in your assumptions is a really shitty thing to say of another human being.

got on top of him beating him and wound up getting shot in the chest.

Which he totally deserved for getting suspended from school, walking through a neighborhood and 'looking suspicious'.

According to your logic I should be shot eight times in the chest while standing on my own driveway.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 04:11:46

At 3/28/12 03:55 AM, Austerity wrote: Oh look what happened guys, people are protesting the treyvon killing and decide to loot a store while they were at it.

The guy was pretty much justified in his actions already. I don't even see why people are protesting.

So many devices with WiFi but so little internet using.

cUNT DESTROYER

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 15:01:10

At 3/27/12 06:05 PM, Famas wrote: This assumes that there was no provocation, be it vocal or physical, from Zimmerman. Zimmerman could have made threats, pushed him etc.

'Could have' isn't a proof, Mr. Big mouth. The case got witnesses. Zimmerman cleared his charge because there are evidences that Trayvon attacked him first. Screams came from Zimmerman, not Trayvon.

No, he didn't have to follow anybody, as the police already told him, and being Neighborhood Watch does not ever involve tracking people down with a gun

Case closed! Trayvon attacked first. Doesn't matter if gun or not. Bashing other down the pavement did deserve to get shot. For fuck sake that neighbour watch was saving his own life too.

Life is hard and you gotta stop hugging the lies. Simple.

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 16:57:55

At 3/28/12 03:01 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:
At 3/27/12 06:05 PM, Famas wrote: This assumes that there was no provocation, be it vocal or physical, from Zimmerman. Zimmerman could have made threats, pushed him etc.
Case closed! Trayvon attacked first. Doesn't matter if gun or not. Bashing other down the pavement did deserve to get shot. For fuck sake that neighbour watch was saving his own life too.

he stood his ground from a his stalker a 250lbs man with a gun because he felt threataned and creeped out that he stalked and cornered him

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 17:47:45

Give it up.
Hypocrites like racistbassist will call you out for saying you don't know the whole story, then retell things as if they were there.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:04:29

At 3/28/12 02:51 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Here, let's use loaded words.
Larger then average young man (6'2 is above average) brutally beats a vastly overweight man attempting to be a good citizen by phoning the police for a crime he thought was in progress. The Vom, fortunately, was a practicer of the 2nd amendment right and used his permitted weapon in self-defense after the teen viciously attacked him.

What was the point of this? What loaded words was I using?

Not all mall security has that right. They legally can, yes, but that doesn't mean the mall oks it. Replace mall with neighborhood watch and the scenario is the exact same just about, with the only difference one group gets paid to follow and the other does so out of trying to protect their neighborhood

No, it isn't the exact same scenario, and I've never seen or heard of a mall security company that doesn't instruct it's employees to follow suspected shoplifters (the mall owns the property and its employees can follow whoever they wish for any reason, security or not, all over the mall grounds), doesn't allow its security to detain somebody who was witnessed shopping in the security office while notifying the police, and doesn't have loss prevention employees who aren't uniformed that pretend to be shopping just like everybody else. That's the standard model for virtually any security company that provides services to a shopping center, and even places like Best Buy and Target do this.

Not a single action that Zimmerman took that night after notifying the police is anything that Neighborhood Watch teams instruct their participants to do. They don't ask you to play the hero, and that's exactly what Zimmerman was doing when he chased him into somebody's backyard.

At 3/28/12 05:06 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
This isn't a person pursuing him for any large distance of time or distance. Trayvon would have no idea he's actually following him given the time frame

Except the part where he told his girlfriend "Somebody is following me". That, right there is already contradictory to what you're trying to depict. Secondly, Zimmerman chased him into somebody's backyard. I would say that would be a rather solid indication to anybody with functional retinas that they are being followed.

Yes, he thinks that the person is following him

....so the above quote & response were a waste of characters then?

but he does not know he is armed

Again, you're presupposing something that you could have absolutely no certainty about at all. I spent a decent amount of time searching on google and double checked the Wikipedia page just to make sure, but I didn't find a single thing to indicate that Zimmerman has a concealed carry license or that his firearm was concealed at the time of the incident, which would suggest he was practicing open carry when this all went down. It's pretty easy to see when somebody has a holstered gun on their hip or in their hands (which would be illegal), and if that's not the case then Zimmerman would've been violating the law for concealing his weapon.

So how on Earth do you keep insisting that you know what Martin was and wasn't aware of? What Zimmerman did or didn't do?

nor could he have been sure enough to warrant the attack.

Because you saw this happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:07:08

I don't take side. It's unfortunate to see a kid died. however it is also unfortunate to blindly charge a man who just do what he supposed to do.

Things have been cleared out. What's the point of fighting on guys? Are you Martin's siblings or what?

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:11:56

At 3/28/12 05:47 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Give it up.
Hypocrites like racistbassist will call you out for saying you don't know the whole story, then retell things as if they were there.

Pretty much anyone does this to start a pointless argument on a serious topic for some reason. People just need to sit down and shut up for once on here, but this is the internet and people love to start stupid arguments in this forum. Like I haven't seen stupid arguments like this since IGN's forums.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:24:54

At 3/28/12 06:11 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
Pretty much anyone does this to start a pointless argument on a serious topic for some reason. People just need to sit down and shut up for once on here, but this is the internet and people love to start stupid arguments in this forum. Like I haven't seen stupid arguments like this since IGN's forums.

Oh I'm sorry, were the two of you there? Do you know something the rest of us don't? You might want to contact the police... they'd love to hear your story.

Oh wait, no, you weren't there. So you're doing the same thing everybody else is. Taking what little information you have, choosing a side you personally agree with, and then defending your point of view in a friendly debate on the internet because you're bored.

I definitely see a couple of hypocrites in this topic, but none of them are RacistBassist.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:26:53

At 3/28/12 03:02 AM, Famas wrote:
In reality Trayvon was a thug who was suspended from school
This is completely irrelevant to literally anything,

It means as much as claiming that Zimmerman was a racist.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:28:46

At 3/28/12 06:24 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote:
At 3/28/12 06:11 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, were the two of you there? Do you know something the rest of us don't? You might want to contact the police... they'd love to hear your story.

Oh wait, no, you weren't there. So you're doing the same thing everybody else is. Taking what little information you have, choosing a side you personally agree with, and then defending your point of view in a friendly debate on the internet because you're bored.

I definitely see a couple of hypocrites in this topic, but none of them are RacistBassist.

Since you can't read, I'll repost what I said, this time with keywords highlighted:

Hypocrites like racistbassistwill call you out for saying you don't know the whole story, then retell things as if they were there.

My point is that it was wrong to kill the guy, based off what was advised to him from the 9-11 tapes, and the fact that he followed him. I'm saying the guy should have at least been handcuffed and thoroughly investigated, which also did not happen. Like I said earlier, I don't care if Zimmerman goes to jail or not, I care that he at least gets put to trial before letting him go free.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:29:26

At 3/28/12 06:29 PM, TwittSoup wrote: Slurp, slurp, slurp

Did... Did I just get a blowjob?

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:38:29

At 3/28/12 06:28 PM, Revo357912 wrote:

I think the witness report(s) and the condition zimmerman was in after the event is enough to make a trial pointless.

You're not a hypocrite for actually following the story closely and coming to the right conclusion, then calling people out who don't know what they're talking about.

yeah slurp slurp hurr newgrounds is full of 12 year olds lets make insults based on sex :D

cUNT DESTROYER

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:41:42

At 3/28/12 06:38 PM, Synde wrote:
At 3/28/12 06:28 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
I think the witness report(s) and the condition zimmerman was in after the event is enough to make a trial pointless.

You're not a hypocrite for actually following the story closely and coming to the right conclusion, then calling people out who don't know what they're talking about.

yeah slurp slurp hurr newgrounds is full of 12 year olds lets make insults based on sex :D

One witness report defends Zimmerman, Another (the girlfriends) defends Trayvon, and others are not towards either since they are unsure.
What I do know is that the police hasn't released a bloody Zimmerman photo, and even if they do, the FBI has the phone records of the convo the girlfriend had with Trayvon, which is probably more than enough to at least put him to trial.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:41:56

There's a fucking 911 call where the kid is screaming for mercy. THATS NOT STANDING ANY FUCKING GROUND. Unnarmed.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 18:57:23

Boners.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 19:31:47

At 3/28/12 06:26 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote:
It means as much as claiming that Zimmerman was a racist.

I never once brought race into the discussion, try again.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on Trayvon Martin murder? 2012-03-28 19:43:50

Although we will never know the full story on the murder, it's an obvious case of Media Propaganda/Bias.

That, I hope, we can all agree on.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature