00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

vector artist/animator needed

811 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

vector artist/animator needed 2012-03-06 15:01:41

I am currently looking for artists with skills in vector sprites and animation, along with UI developing talents.

My current project is a wonderboy inspired action adventure game, featuring a hero out to save the land from and evil wizard. Our hero will find new armor and weapons and magic items along his journey as he explores the land and defeats the evil wizards minions until finally facing the evil wizard in battle. Featuring real-time combat mixed with various platforming mechanics with collectables, hidden items and upgrades to find and unlockable areas.

Below you will find links to the preliminary asset requirement doc, to demonstrate the assets needed. Also a link to the art style i am looking for.

Art style:

http://projectwonderman.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/game-descrip tion-and-art-style-i-am.html

sample asset list:

http://projectwonderman.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/sample-asset -list.html

All fees, prices, work schedule time-frames whether paid or percentage are open to discussion and negotiation. Preferably I would prefer a % revenue split, with a guarantee by me for at least one future contracted project either paid or revenue split depending on the circumstances(and the artists schedule and/or desire). As stated earlier all potential payments and percentage fees are open to negotiation. A more specific contract related to the final negotiated payment type and schedule time frame will be done upon for agreed terms by myself and said artist.

Lastly, I plan to aggressively market the project on crowdfunding sites and sources, which requires 2-5 large items of art to create a quality 'presell' atmosphere. In which I would prefer as the first assets to be made. I would also like to offer a % revenue split from the proceeds of the crowdfunding projects(although not necessary if one does not wish to be part of a crowdfunding initiative). And as previously stated all payment types and percentages are open to discussion and negotiation.

If you would be interested in any or all of the above offers or to request the asset design documents please contact me via flashgamelicence or my email from below, please include files or links to your portfolio with artwork you deem similar to the projects wanted style or just your own quality work.

Contact me at;

enter_the_chicken@hotmail.com or

flashgamelicence

user name: lordsquirrelus

Response to vector artist/animator needed 2012-03-07 00:01:20

So by crowdfunding...are you referring to IndieGoGo.com and sites like that? Because you just stated that you would give the artist 30% of the PROFITS. Do you not realize what crowdfunding is for in the first place? Its to pay for the COSTS AND TO FUND THE PROJECT, not to fatten your own damn pockets.

If you crowdfund, it better be so you can pay for the artwork, sounds, music, etc. or else you arent being honest and are using the system for your own gain.

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to vector artist/animator needed 2012-03-08 04:40:24

% does not equate to 30% theres no number there... artist reciving a % from the crowdfunding seems like the artist recieving % from the crowd funding. As you have stated sound effects and music need to be made as well, i fail to see how a fully negotiable revenue spit from crowdfunding is being dishonest. I am not attempting to be dishonest i do however fail to comunicate effectively on occasion like any normal person does. and as stated everything is negotiable between myself and the artist.

At 1 day ago, cmkinusn wrote: So by crowdfunding...are you referring to IndieGoGo.com and sites like that? Because you just stated that you would give the artist 30% of the PROFITS. Do you not realize what crowdfunding is for in the first place? Its to pay for the COSTS AND TO FUND THE PROJECT, not to fatten your own damn pockets.

If you crowdfund, it better be so you can pay for the artwork, sounds, music, etc. or else you arent being honest and are using the system for your own gain.

Response to vector artist/animator needed 2012-03-11 14:38:34

If the game is going to be posted on NG I might actually be interested in this.
However, Idunno if I can do the promotion artwork you're looking for. Unless of course by artwork you mean the same kind of style in the game, then most likely yeah.

I'd however wanna look into the revenue splitting, and I got basicly no idea what crowdfunding is (I accidentally read: cowfunding... so I'm a bit weery on that one). I'd also wanna know what makes this game unique as a flash game, compared to others. Check my Deviantart page in my signature below(Also contains material from when I was 14 years old, but it also shows how I've improved since then) aswell as my animations on NG.

Response to vector artist/animator needed 2012-03-11 16:32:17

At 3 days ago, lordsquirrelus wrote: % does not equate to 30% theres no number there... artist reciving a % from the crowdfunding seems like the artist recieving % from the crowd funding. As you have stated sound effects and music need to be made as well, i fail to see how a fully negotiable revenue spit from crowdfunding is being dishonest. I am not attempting to be dishonest i do however fail to comunicate effectively on occasion like any normal person does. and as stated everything is negotiable between myself and the artist.

At 1 day ago, cmkinusn wrote: So by crowdfunding...are you referring to IndieGoGo.com and sites like that? Because you just stated that you would give the artist 30% of the PROFITS. Do you not realize what crowdfunding is for in the first place? Its to pay for the COSTS AND TO FUND THE PROJECT, not to fatten your own damn pockets.

I dont really know why I thought you said 30%, but the impression is still the same that you are using crowdfunding as an extra way of getting profit from the game, instead of for expenses. Just realize that if you use crowdfunding and then expect to find sponsorship, you are being dishonest to the people who helped pay for this game. Its either or, not one and the other.

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)