00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ironbrandon22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Islam

4,767 Views | 90 Replies

Response to Islam 2012-03-05 23:38:46

At 9 minutes ago, mhb18 wrote: Muslims discovered algebra.... set the foundations for chemistry and the theory of evolution....they created the scientific method...for the most part they didnt force people to convert....they just taxed them for a profit....it was the christians who forced people to convert....

Essentially this.If it wasn't for the preservation and subsequent development of various fields of knowledge by the Muslims you wouldn't have Western Civilization existing in its presence form.Back when Muslims were studying and commentating on Aristotle, and Plato, you had backwards barbaric war bands roaming across Europe instilling violence and massacres in order to consolidate their own petty kingdoms.You can thank the Muslims for their contributions in Science,Astronomy,Medicine,Literature,Optics,Math,Technology .In fact If they never transmitted the Indian numerals(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0) the modern world wouldn't come to be.

Response to Islam 2012-03-05 23:46:13

At 6 minutes ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 9 minutes ago, mhb18 wrote: Muslims discovered algebra....
wrong babylonians then muzzys took over babylon.

set the foundations for chemistry
Egyptians 4000 years ago NICE TRY!

and the theory of evolution
BLASPHEMY THERE IS ONLY ALLAH!

they created the scientific method
once again Egyptians! AWESOME!

..for the most part they didnt force people to convert....they just taxed them for a profit....it was the christians who forced people to convert....

right the Battles of Syria, Persia of course they were peaceful!

Thanks for playing TRY AGAIN!

you should take a history course because all those things are true....take algebra for example it was named after the muslim who discovered it....his name was Al-jebra....

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 00:04:24

At 49 minutes ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the best solution would just bomb the living hell out of the Middle East and all of Northern Africa. And especially Mecca. its a shitty ass religion that has brought nothing but conflict for the last 1400 years.

Problem Solved!

You're right. Let's systematically kill hundreds of millions of people. That will solve everything.

Rednecks.......

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 00:07:09

At 1 minute ago, MrFlopz wrote:
At 49 minutes ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the best solution would just bomb the living hell out of the Middle East and all of Northern Africa. And especially Mecca. its a shitty ass religion that has brought nothing but conflict for the last 1400 years.

Problem Solved!
You're right. Let's systematically kill hundreds of millions of people. That will solve everything.

Rednecks.......

lets just blow up the earth. "No man, no problem"-Stalin I think he was onto something

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 00:11:36

I don't like to jump to personal attacks, but Tony-DarkGrave's global outlook is a disease. They kill our civilians so we kill their's. That mentality is the reason for so many of the problems in the world. Terrorists? Rednecks? What the fuck is the difference anyway? Tony-DarkGrave supports terrorism. Period.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 00:54:26

At 42 minutes ago, MrFlopz wrote: I don't like to jump to personal attacks, but Tony-DarkGrave's global outlook is a disease. They kill our civilians so we kill their's. That mentality is the reason for so many of the problems in the world. Terrorists? Rednecks? What the fuck is the difference anyway? Tony-DarkGrave supports terrorism. Period.

Very true.Such a tragic outlook he has.

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 02:10:14

Wow, this thread is messed up.

I feel like I've stepped onto a Youtube or Liveleak video about Israel or I'm on Stormfront.org

Some of you guys should go here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1294301

Also on-topic I agree that the mentality of a large amount of Muslims is pretty bad. I know Muslims though that I respect and aren't bad people though and I also don't agree with the idea of bombing the Middle-East or whatever...unless its really far in the future and we have to resort to imperialism to get oil or something...but I'd rather not think about that or frame that into this discussion

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 02:13:03

Hey you fuckers leave my bro Tony-Darkgrave alone.

we are military buddies and stormfront.org buddies so fuck off fellas you don't know what your talking about.

Also get the fuck out of this thread Cootie your not even 21 yet lmao

Just chillin'

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 02:26:35

At 8 minutes ago, Saren wrote: Hey you fuckers leave my bro Tony-Darkgrave alone.

we are military buddies and stormfront.org buddies so fuck off fellas you don't know what your talking about.

Also get the fuck out of this thread Cootie your not even 21 yet lmao

I don't know anything about the guy, but he has said some pretty radical things here that I can't stand for. I'm trying to argue with the ideas he's promoting. I've heard this "nuke the middle east" bullshit many times and I cannot tolerate it. I'll refrain from personal attacks but I'm not going to back down from my position. Killing millions of innocent civilians just for living in an unstable region is one of the most sickening terrorist positions to advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 05:11:20

Because Jonathan you're better than them.

Is that what you wanted to hear? Can you leave now?

/thread

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 06:41:48

Here's my thoughts on Islam: it has bad teachings in the Qua'ran, but the Bible tells people to rape people's land and property, to hold other people as slaves, and to burn witches.

All religion is fundamentally prejudiced. Some religion's holy books are just more heavily thrust onto us by the unwashed masses than others.

Being an Atheist sure is good.

Resident stoner.

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 08:04:49

Christianity doesn't respect women at all. At least now it does. In previous centuries when women had no rights, christians used to beat them up, say they are witches and burn them down. Christians would also kill people who were against their beliefs.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 10:20:35

At 2 hours ago, Cootie wrote:
Strormfront.org is a white power website. Yeah, lets trust you guys not be fucking ignorant.

You clearly missed the trolling there.

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 12:05:14

I have heared your opinions and some i agree with. I also want to keep this a non hating thread but i'm just saying that this does not accord to all muslims. 85% of my friends are muslims.

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 12:09:57

I want you guys to watch this video and see what you think. The man in this video is called Lars Vilks and he got attacked for doing free speech.

Free speech does not cover religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbpyk1uHNWY&feature=related

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 12:22:46

At 6 minutes ago, jonathanfis wrote: I want you guys to watch this video and see what you think. The man in this video is called Lars Vilks and he got attacked for doing free speech.

Free speech does not cover religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbpyk1uHNWY&feature=related

He was attacked because of the extremist Muslims. The reason we are facing these kinds of troubles is because the violence gets them attention and we cower to them.
Look at South Park. Prior to all this Muhammad drawings stuff, there was no issue. Remember the "Super Best Friends" episode? It aired without any problems until the 200/201 incident, when it got pulled along with the other two episodes. Comedy Central and Viacom continue to cower to this day.

If we want to put a stop to these problems, we need to stand up to the extremists. Moderate Muslims have nothing to do with this.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 12:23:19

At 1 minute ago, SnoopyChicken wrote:
I 100% agree that is disgusting and an attack on free speech. I don't think that represents the majority of Muslims, clearly they turned up to stop the film.
You could compare it with the protests over Jerry Springer the Opera where a small amount of Christian fundies tried to stop it being shown on TV.

I'm glad that your starting to get what i'm saying. Thanks :) I'm not saying that that is representing the majority but the extremists.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 12:25:53

At 1 minute ago, Th-e wrote: Look at South Park. Prior to all this Muhammad drawings stuff, there was no issue. Remember the "Super Best Friends" episode? It aired without any problems until the 200/201 incident
If we want to put a stop to these problems, we need to stand up to the extremists. Moderate Muslims have nothing to do with this.

I completely agree with you. I was pretty pissed when that happened cause i'm a supporter of free speech and i fucking love South Park. As i said earlier i might have been misleading because i did not mean to accuse the moderate muslims about this, I was meant to accuse the extremist muslims for overreacting about everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 13:31:50

At 55 minutes ago, jonathanfis wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Th-e wrote: Look at South Park. Prior to all this Muhammad drawings stuff, there was no issue. Remember the "Super Best Friends" episode? It aired without any problems until the 200/201 incident
I completely agree with you. I was pretty pissed when that happened cause i'm a supporter of free speech and i fucking love South Park. As i said earlier i might have been misleading because i did not mean to accuse the moderate muslims about this, I was meant to accuse the extremist muslims for overreacting about everything.

You shouldn't single out Islam. Sure, there are more extremist Muslims today than extremist Christians, but it hasn't always been that way. The reason the Middle East is in such bad shape has little to do with the particular religion they subscribe to and a lot to do with the politics going on there. The United States is to blame for a lot of the instability there, but we turn and say that the problems in the Middle East are representative of Islam and the relative freedom and prosperity of the west is representative of Christianity. In part, the western world has elevated to this point by ending Christian theocracy. If Europe and America didn't change course and focus on secular democracy, we would continue to see the same kinds of conflicts in Christian nations that we do in the Muslim world. In a modern "Christian" nation, religion does not play a major role in government or the personal lives of the its citizens (unless they so choose). You cannot say that Christianity is a religion of peace while Islam is a religion of violence simply by turning to current events. Christianity has a much bloodier history than Islam.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 14:35:45

Since I'm a theology major i don't take religious discussions lightly.

The whole idea of a Muslim being a violent extremists should be a contradiction. If you are a so called peaceful Muslim and then go and practice any types of violence then you are no longer a Muslim but a terrorist and bring shame to Islam if they are of peace.

Same with Christianity, God's words say that if any acts of violence are committed and claim to be in his name, then they are not of God, and God is not in them.Violence is frowned upon in many religions, but it seems Muslims practice it the most. It just seems the true Muslims are following Mohammad's path.

It seems it's OK for Muslims to commit violence as long as its in the name of "Allah". Mohammed himself was not a peacemaker, and used violence in many occasions for persuasion. If you claim to be a Muslim and are not following Mohammed, then that would make you a non-Muslim and a perpetrator of his teachings.

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 14:55:25

IMO Islam is no different to Christianity - they just enforce the laws and teachings set out by their religion; Christianity doesn't because secular laws prevent its people from doing so, and it's been like that for a long time.

If everyone kept to the teachings of the Bible to a tee, it would be as violent as Islam, because Islam still does.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 14:56:52

At 1 day ago, jonathanfis wrote: They hit their women will we christians respect our women.

Lol k

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 14:59:53

At 1 day ago, jonathanfis wrote: Why is most muslims angry that you burn their qu'ran when they burn our bibles once or twice a day. Why can they portrait the christian prophet when we can't portrait their? They hit their women will we christians respect our women.

Because it's a different fucking religion.(?)

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 17:34:08

At 1 day ago, Shade wrote: I want to break your knees so badly right now.

Yea same here. Sounds to me you like you dont know what your talking about. If you read the quran you would know its not like that.

Its just people use passages from the quran and interpret there way in a hateful way. Islam is against hate and its also considered a sin.

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 17:51:54

At 15 hours ago, Halberd wrote: Wow, this thread is messed up.

I feel like I've stepped onto a Youtube or Liveleak video about Israel or I'm on Stormfront.org

Some of you guys should go here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1294301

Also on-topic I agree that the mentality of a large amount of Muslims is pretty bad. I know Muslims though that I respect and aren't bad people though and I also don't agree with the idea of bombing the Middle-East or whatever...unless its really far in the future and we have to resort to imperialism to get oil or something...but I'd rather not think about that or frame that into this discussion

So if its more in the future and its all about economic stability THEN its ok to bomb the entire civilian population of the Middle East.Wow.

Response to Islam 2012-03-06 18:06:29

At 1 day ago, jonathanfis wrote: They hit their women will we christians respect our women.

Yeah, let's look into the past and see if Christians gave a fuck about women's rights.

It took me an hour to make this signature. You bastards better appreciate it.

Response to Islam 2012-03-07 07:35:35

At 1 day ago, Painbringer wrote:
If you're an Arab, people assume you're Muslim.
If you're a Semite, people assume you're Jewish.

Arabs are technically part of the Semitic genes, and Christianity, Judaism and Islam all come from West Asia.

The majority of Arab Christians tend to come from Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, etc

Emphasis are great!

Response to Islam 2012-03-07 10:18:51

Book burning has existed for as long as we've had written language, people see it as a form of protest. When it comes to burning religious books, they are merely burning paper, they cannot kill the idea or the religion. Those who are killing the faith are those within the faith themselves; and of course modern development is turning it into folklore and mythology.

Response to Islam 2012-03-07 10:52:19

At 26 minutes ago, PrincessLuna wrote: Book burning has existed for as long as we've had written language, people see it as a form of protest. When it comes to burning religious books, they are merely burning paper, they cannot kill the idea or the religion. Those who are killing the faith are those within the faith themselves; and of course modern development is turning it into folklore and mythology.

I do kinda agree with your idea :) The Bible or the Quran are actually only text on normal paper.

BBS Signature

Response to Islam 2012-03-07 14:03:17

At 2 days ago, ArthurGhostly wrote:
State your source. Also, the only times I've heard this happening it's the actions of extremists who don't speak for the majority. You can't hate an entire religion or creed of people for the actions of a few.

Here is the problem. You say extremists do this, but the so called "non extremists" don't speak out against it, unless someone says something. Why not call them out. Muslims don't try to stop the "extremists," so most every muslim is an accessory to the fact.