Be a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

  • 172,842 Views
  • 3,871 Replies
New Topic
Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 02:31 AM

At 3 minutes ago, Carefoot wrote: My original vocals are 1 DB
they are than 0.5
and than finally 0.4

If your vocals are ever above -0.0 db then you're clipping.

:Ahhhh, Audacity.... where has the time gone?


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:02 AM

Bring me these recording/mixing issues during the battles. If you wait until it's already uploaded I'm not going to do anything about it. If you bring them up during the recording, and I think they're valid, I will make people re-record things.


BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 03:24 AM

Ieuw. Neither of them know how to mix vocals properly. Disgusting.


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:22 AM

So I made a post earlier about a drawing of all the Round 1 MC's.

I'm gonna go round and try to message the ones I'm sure of now (fml), so I beg of you not to leave me hanging for ages.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:42 AM

At 19 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: So I made a post earlier about a drawing of all the Round 1 MC's.

I'm gonna go round and try to message the ones I'm sure of now (fml), so I beg of you not to leave me hanging for ages.

It would be cooler if you just drew everyone how you imagine they look.


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:47 AM

At 3 minutes ago, PiGPEN wrote:
At 19 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: So I made a post earlier about a drawing of all the Round 1 MC's.

I'm gonna go round and try to message the ones I'm sure of now (fml), so I beg of you not to leave me hanging for ages.
It would be cooler if you just drew everyone how you imagine they look.

I'ma do that if people are faggots and don't get back to me. I enjoy the practise of trying to semi-replicate peoples faces though. Tends to come out a lot better/more different looking than I could come up with.

TvJohnny is going to be fun.

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:11 AM

At 21 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: TvJohnny is going to be fun.

Good luck getting his real face.


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 07:32 AM

At 20 minutes ago, PiGPEN wrote:
At 21 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: TvJohnny is going to be fun.
Good luck getting his real face.

Nahh, everyone knows that's the real Tv Johnny.

I'm going to draw him as a TransVestite (ohohohohohohoho get it?)

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 08:50 AM

Dammit, Bigred, you didn't get laid tonite either. So put up that Obsideo battle and the rest of them shits before I start waterboarding you.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 09:09 AM

At 1 hour ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, PiGPEN wrote:
At 21 minutes ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: TvJohnny is going to be fun.
Good luck getting his real face.
Nahh, everyone knows that's the real Tv Johnny.

Sure it's the real tvjohnny but tvjohnny aint the real tvjohnny.


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 09:33 AM

At 23 minutes ago, PiGPEN wrote: Sure it's the real tvjohnny but tvjohnny aint the real tvjohnny.

Johnception.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:04 AM

Grudge Battle. GRUDGE BATTLE!

I want to see a grudge battle.

Rav v. Gasmasq

Senator John Dean v. Kill Bill

MAKE ONE OF THESE BATTLES HAPPEN!

The only grudge matches I can think of for me are already in the works with PigPen and Suddle, and even though we aint really beefing right now, they both fucked up with their zero bombing, smack talk and trolling. It is already too late for them.

Plus I had Lil C, which leads one to believe that my warpath was created by fate. Man I fucking rule so goddamn hard! I'm probably the best rapper any of you have ever heard. But I always stay humble you see, and that's the key to being the greatest lyricist/hip hop musician ever in the history of the universe.

Sc0rChP0KnEe
Sc0rChP0KnEe
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

At 4 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:

But I always stay humble you see, and that's the key to being the greatest lyricist/hip hop musician ever in the history of the universe.

Your modesty and humbleness is second to Gasmaq,

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

At 29 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: Grudge Battle. GRUDGE BATTLE!

I want to see a grudge battle.

Rav v. Gasmasq

Senator John Dean v. Kill Bill

I am so for the Senator John Dean battle. Kill Bill is a ridiculous human being. But I beat you in humbleness Teqneek, hands down. I'm the most humble motherfuck in the history of time. In case you didn't know, we already had a Humility Battle that I was too humble to tell you about. I then humbly and graciously handed you the victory without you even asking for it, which means I WON.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

At 36 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: PigPen and Suddle
they both fucked up with their zero bombing, smack talk and trolling.

Honestly, what are you even talking about?

ps. fair warning: Im probably gonna take the full 3 days since im busy with other stuff.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

At 3 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
I am so for the Senator John Dean battle. Kill Bill is a ridiculous human being. But I beat you in humbleness Teqneek, hands down. I'm the most humble motherfuck in the history of time. In case you didn't know, we already had a Humility Battle that I was too humble to tell you about. I then humbly and graciously handed you the victory without you even asking for it, which means I WON.

Well shit. Bill said "I'll battle him, IDGAF", and you just said you wuz 4 it dawg awwww shit looks like tha grujjj match is on! I'll start taking bets.

As for my unfathomably spectacular humbleness- I knew that you graciously handed me the victory in our humility battle. I planned it. You see, I used the exact (perfect, some would say) combination of words necessary to both quell your uprising, and maintain my own dignity and humility. The way I handled your subtle jabs was nothing short of majestic. And now I think we're best rap buddies.

See how crazy things can be sometimes? Everything worked out perfectly, and I'm still the most humble, fascinating, polarizing, manly, talented and physically attractive person in Clabtrap. And by "Clabtrap", I mean "The Universe". Now THAT is the definition of humility.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

At 22 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
>Kill Bill is a ridiculous human being.
>Kill Bill is a human being.
>human being.
>human

That's where you're wrong.

He's a monster.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

At 10 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote: > He's a monster.
> He's a
> He's
> He

That's where you're wrong.

He's a she.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread


BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

At 13 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 22 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote: >human
That's where you're wrong.

He's a monster.

I've seen his picture. It's true.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

At 17 minutes ago, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 10 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote: > He's a monster.
> He's a
> He's
> He
That's where you're wrong.

He's a she.

THE FUCK SON HOW U FIND DAT OMG IVE BEEN EXPOSEDED

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

At 35 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Well shit. Bill said "I'll battle him, IDGAF", and you just said you wuz 4 it dawg awwww shit looks like tha grujjj match is on! I'll start taking bets.
See how crazy things can be sometimes? Everything worked out perfectly, and I'm still the most humble, fascinating, polarizing, manly, talented and physically attractive person in Clabtrap. And by "Clabtrap", I mean "The Universe". Now THAT is the definition of humility.

I am humbled by your humility, more humbled than you will ever know. I'm too humble to tell you.

As for KillBill and grudge match, let's make it interesting. I am prepared, this very instant, to transfer $25 to your Paypal account. KillBill will do the same. Winner takes the $50.

32 bars, same beat, chosen by a third party, uploaded at the same time, Newgrounds votes, voting closes after 3 days, winner takes all. KillBill, consider your ugly mug officially slapped by my surprisingly soft yet somehow shockingly tart leather glove.

KillBill wins either way cuz after I toast him, I'll probably use the money to lease one of his stupid beats, make it a hit, and get him paid royalties for the rest of his stupid life.

What say you?


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

At 5 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
What say you?

I'm diggity down, cap'n. Or alternatively, to save that 2 dollars that paypal jips you out of, the loser can just pay the other one 25 dollars via paypal.

Also, don't be picking no whack beats. lol

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Would either of you object to me being the third party beat-picker?

Obsideo
Obsideo
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

At 3 hours ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Dammit, Bigred, you didn't get laid tonite either. So put up that Obsideo battle and the rest of them shits before I start waterboarding you.

My guy's been ill for like 5 days now, I told you guys I was sick, now you have the proof.

tvJohnny
tvJohnny
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Post battle now bye


TV JOHNNY DIAMONDZ ON MY RIMZ

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

At 27 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: Would either of you object to me being the third party beat-picker?

I think that's appropriate, seeing as you were the instigator.

Fine, KillBill, but when I stomp you, I want my goddamn money.

So let's set up the rules now so there's no bullshit.

If Kill is fine with Teq picking the beat, then once Teq posts it, 24 hours to post 32 bars. Then we put it in this thread and anyone who wants to vote can vote.

No asking friends for votes, no going on your FB or your Twitter to get your fans to vote, cuz I just set my shit up like 2 weeks ago and nobody on the Internet other than NG knows who the fuck I am.

Voting ends after 3 days, loser owes the bloodclot winner $25 FUCKING dollars.

Anything I'm missin here?


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

At 7 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 27 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: Would either of you object to me being the third party beat-picker?
I think that's appropriate, seeing as you were the instigator.

I instigated the SHIT out of that, hahaha. But still, I think this will be a dope battle for the people.

Okay so does it have to be a beat on Newgrounds? Say I get permission from a producer on soundcloud, you guys could use that right?

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:02 PM

At 17 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 27 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: Would either of you object to me being the third party beat-picker?
I think that's appropriate, seeing as you were the instigator.

Fine, KillBill, but when I stomp you, I want my goddamn money.

So let's set up the rules now so there's no bullshit.

If Kill is fine with Teq picking the beat, then once Teq posts it, 24 hours to post 32 bars. Then we put it in this thread and anyone who wants to vote can vote.

No asking friends for votes, no going on your FB or your Twitter to get your fans to vote, cuz I just set my shit up like 2 weeks ago and nobody on the Internet other than NG knows who the fuck I am.

Voting ends after 3 days, loser owes the bloodclot winner $25 FUCKING dollars.

Anything I'm missin here?

So wait, 24 hours to write and record a 32 is easy, but we're just going at each other without a setup? No like "Round 1, round 2, blah blah?" Just to get it clear, it'll probably be easier for people to get into it if we're on the same track. If you want, we can send both of our verses to teqneek and he can post them both as one song, since he's apparently our host lol

Also, are you jamaican? lol noticed the bloodclot you threw in there.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM

At 4 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 27 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: Would either of you object to me being the third party beat-picker?
I think that's appropriate, seeing as you were the instigator.
I instigated the SHIT out of that, hahaha. But still, I think this will be a dope battle for the people.

Okay so does it have to be a beat on Newgrounds? Say I get permission from a producer on soundcloud, you guys could use that right?

Just get something grimy son, I'll rap on industry, soundcloud, newgrounds, soundclick, as long as its grimy. And not all slow and whack. XP

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 01:04 PM

32 bars? Are you both recording on the same track, and is there only one verse each? Who goes first? I'd say Teq flips a coin.

Two easiest ways to handle voters: Count votes only from competing MCs, or, use the voting lists I have.


BBS Signature