00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why?

5,044 Views | 70 Replies

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-09 21:28:53

Good for them.

This site sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 00:20:20

One of the things I've always liked about flash is the fact it's mostly vector based. Vectors are awesome and something like a Weebl flash movie tends to look a lot better in full screen mode than watching it on YouTube in full screen. I don't think illwillpress even uses things like after affects so it's less understandable why he stopped submitting here. Then again, there was one day he deleted like half of his flash movies off of the site because he was pissed off about getting Turd of the Week for a flash movie so who knows with him.

Maybe illwillpress got sick of all the bitching on the site against his work. Even his shittier flashes tend to get a much more positive reaction on YouTube. Though if you compare the amount of views, that shitty flash movie which inspired a large thread to be created about the decline in quality of the series has more views than its YouTube version. However, that was back when the series was really popular on the site and that flash was getting a lot of attention for negative reasons. One of his newer flashes, Small, Medium, Large & Larger, only got 59,355 views here while its YouTube counterpart got 355,681 views. It should be noted that he does upload it on YouTube first so that site also has that advantage.

Formerly known on this website as W.A.C. / W-A-C.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 00:23:40

At 11 hours ago, Luis wrote: well actually one of the goals of the redesign, as mentioned by tom was to move towards categorizing movies as movies not necessarily FLASH movies. So in the next phase of the redesign one of the hopes is to begin accepting mediums beyond swf.

A no no Luis, newgrounds should stick to .swf.
All other video formats? That's what youtube for >:(

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 00:49:23

At 16 minutes ago, skater007 wrote:
At 11 hours ago, Luis wrote: well actually one of the goals of the redesign, as mentioned by tom was to move towards categorizing movies as movies not necessarily FLASH movies. So in the next phase of the redesign one of the hopes is to begin accepting mediums beyond swf.

I'm sorry, but I rather post something here on Newgrounds than on Youtube, most notably serious animation projects with intense use of after effects, and ect.

Becuse fuck youtube and the whitetrash followers and contributers they tend to have 90% of the time, atleast when someone is being "wierd" on NG, it's usally in a nicely put sarcastic manner that some people can enjoy.

Aslong as NG dosen't allow some shitty live action "shows" seen on YT most of the time, I'm fucking down.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 00:58:36

At 29 minutes ago, Cootie wrote:
At 13 hours ago, ih8dude wrote: Doesn't illwillpress usually release a shit load of videos at once? I remember some time last year he was getting multiple daily awards for about a week straight.
I think he does. I remember last year he just unleashed a fucking bombardment.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. I remember seeing "Daily Top 5: 1. Foamy speaks in a squeaky voice and Germain is fat for some reason 2. Foamy rants..." for what seemed like a week. He pretty much bukkaked the site with his flashes.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 01:26:41

At 1 hour ago, skater007 wrote: A no no Luis, newgrounds should stick to .swf.

But billy, if that happens, everyones work could get stolen!

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 01:37:03

Newgrounds is the "practice girl" of the Internet, apparently.

Just use it until you get enough amount of fame and then leave it in the dust.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 05:33:54

It just shows you what animators are worth respecting maybe?

I always used to hate Egoraptor and his overrated flash but I love how he didn't cave into Youtube and he still exclusively puts his flash on Newgrounds, but people like Weebl (who I still respect...but not as much as Egoraptor) just go for the moneycashbitches that Youtube supplies him with.

HappyHarry is sort of in between to be honest, he keeps a few things Youtube exclusive but sometimes he doesn't which is good.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 05:56:09

Good riddance.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 06:11:32

If they dont like this website they can suck monkey nutts??

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 09:16:38

At 2 hours ago, bongboy69 wrote: If they dont like this website they can suck monkey nutts??

Well i think at the end of the day its probably an issue of having to accomidate to swf. I cant speak for Tom's vision verbatim because i dont even know tbh, but the idea behind allowing video would be to accomidate artists growing out of the swf diapers. To be honest, flash has been getting more and more shit ever since it was bought out by Adobe (its been shit ever since Flash MX if you ask me). The animation tools become more and more meh and its just become a chore overall to use that application. I think the idea behind allowing video would still be to use in conjunction with animation. So none of those 2000000 Lets Play (insert popular video game here) garbage.

If i had to compare it to something id say, maybe vimeo? where the content is pretty moderated. I like vimeo but its reach sucks. I think newgrounds has way more potential than vimeo does at giving talented people exposure.

The one thing that is annoying about Weebl's stuff on youtube is that you cant loop in YouTube, so things that are purposely designed to loop, look like shit on YouTube.

None

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 09:37:09

Youtube is better for high volume viewing and distribution, but that's a double-edged sword for animators. The only way that you'll get a decent number of views is if you're already well-known. Newgrounds is better set up to accommodate new animators or game developers, and get them some exposure and feedback.

The idea of adding video to the site is good, as it opens up more options for animators, but unless it's carefully moderated to keep out youtube-style video content, the site will really lose the focus that's made it successful.

Dead.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 10:17:17

At 15 hours ago, Grub-Xer0 wrote: Foamy was always and will forever be SHIT.

This is probably why that guy stopped posting his stuff here. Too much hate mail?

And Luis apparently explained TheWeeble his reasons.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 10:20:51

Illwillpress released crap non-stop anyway, also I thought the weebl rarely released vids at all, they are usually far and few between.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 10:34:12

At 8 hours ago, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 1 hour ago, skater007 wrote: A no no Luis, newgrounds should stick to .swf.
But billy, if that happens, everyones work could get stolen!

Son, that's what mods are here for.
I mean a no no about the vids, because it can't do the stuff .swfs can.
Looping, gotoandplaying, simple stuff like that. Flash can render TV-Quality
animation too. Everyone can just load any swf into After Effects and apply
the effects seen on youtube, there won't be much creativity left.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 10:48:54

Ive noticed a lot of old NG arists leaving NG forever out of spite, dying, or just inactivity. What if Ben Spurgin and Ryan Miller still posted?

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 10:49:19

At 10 hours ago, skater007 wrote:

we are going to transmogrify into a youtube

reviews will soon become you tube comments

screw flash i am gonna go back to windows movie maker

they are going to run a bot to convert all the swf movies into flv video files anyway

using single file self contained flash is sooooooo 1996-2009

we only use flash to load flv files get with the program

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 10:58:39

At 8 minutes ago, bongboy69 wrote: Ive noticed a lot of old NG arists leaving NG forever out of spite, dying, or just inactivity. What if Ben Spurgin and Ryan Miller still posted?

They'd be dissapoint

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 11:40:41

At 16 hours ago, JoaoGabriel wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Grub-Xer0 wrote: Foamy was always and will forever be SHIT.
Agreed.
At 16 hours ago, FBIpolux wrote: Meh, Foamy was pretty shitty, to be honest.

IWP is entertaining as fuck, you lot are just ignorant.

in my language there is saying: how you name ship, thus it shall sail, FBIPOLUX, YOU HATEMONGER BASTARD.

(\__/)

(o .o)

(")_(") start a trend - list what song you're listening to when you post. Ha Ha Ha! Attention whoring.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 11:45:36

At 1 day ago, aniceguy wrote: Maybe contact them on any other websites they are on and ask them why they haven't been on Newgrounds?

The answer they'll feed you is "Newgrounds is inferior to Youtube because they only allow for a narrow array of file formats and that's why they'll never beat out Youtube, so it's pointless to even try with Newgrounds because you'll never receive as much exposure on Newgrounds as you will on Youtube".

Pretty much the reason Knox fed to me when I asked him why he wouldn't just simply embed his Youtube videos into Flash and submit them to the portal and make additional money off of the NG API system.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 12:05:56

Apparently HotDiggedyDemon doesn't post here any more because he's switched animating programs and can't make .swf files or something. I don't remember the exact details of what the problem was, but I recall that he mentioned that he would post all his videos here again if he could.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 12:47:40

At 54 minutes ago, phsychopath wrote:
At 1 day ago, aniceguy wrote: Maybe contact them on any other websites they are on and ask them why they haven't been on Newgrounds?
The answer they'll feed you is "Newgrounds is inferior to Youtube because they only allow for a narrow array of file formats and that's why they'll never beat out Youtube, so it's pointless to even try with Newgrounds because you'll never receive as much exposure on Newgrounds as you will on Youtube".

I find the idea of wanting to beat out Youtube to be hilarious. I actually kind of like that we dont 'beat out' youtube. It keeps this place approachable and like you know, a community. I do find the fact that someone would find it pointless to even try to be a bit unsettling. In the fact that you've become so detached from your work that you dont care for feedback, or public reaction, that your exposure or 'views' is more important than what people think about your work. The reviews on youtube are absolute garbage and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I've already spoken at length about the file format shit so i wont bother with that.

None

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 12:58:01

I dont think I couldve summed that up any better myself....so if Newgrounds allows video will Diggedy come back? It would be awsome to see more movies from prolific posters, but what about if they just leave or stop posting? Theres still people like Ryan Miller (that ive mentioned previously) that are still active making content, but would rather actively abuse its name than contribute content (Newgrounds). How the hell does this end up happening, and are there others that have fallen from grace?

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 13:21:56

At 21 minutes ago, bongboy69 wrote: but what about if they just leave or stop posting?

oh wellllll, cant please everyone.

None

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-10 13:22:37

Aw crap! Their shit was classic. I don't see why they can't just do both youtube AND newgrounds.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-11 05:19:42

At 18 hours ago, bongboy69 wrote: Ive noticed a lot of old NG arists leaving NG forever out of spite, dying, or just inactivity. What if Ben Spurgin and Ryan Miller still posted?

I don't think rtil even uses flash much anymore or at least not as his primary program for animating. Also, I can't find that post he made on his site at all. o_O

Formerly known on this website as W.A.C. / W-A-C.

BBS Signature

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-11 08:00:39

At 1 day ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 6 hours ago, Wolfos wrote: Asked Weebl.
I think it's because of Newgrounds' ridiculous restrictions for videos. They need to be SWF, the filesize needs to be under 10MB with no LZMA compression support.
Well the filesize is now 20mb, isn't it?

Mine's 30MB, but that's not the point.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-11 08:02:59

Because people stopped giving a shit about them on Newgrounds. So they went to go find a new audience.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-11 09:48:50

At 1 day ago, straberrykiler6789 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Luis wrote: hopes is to begin accepting mediums beyond swf.
YAY newfags can upload windows movie maker files without having to convert them to swf

You have a retarded reddit meme and you're calling someone a "newfag" (an also retarded word).
Pot calling the kettle black, friend.

Response to illwillpress & Weebl left NG. Why? 2012-02-11 18:25:57

It would seem, that I was correct in my assumptions.
https://twitter.com/#!/theweebl/status/168473481334370305