00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orangebag4448 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collab: Follow My Lead!

4,158 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 10:30:12

Welcome to the 'Follow My Lead' collab!
I haven't been very active on Newgrounds for the past year so I feel by hosting this will get me back into animating again and hopefully create an amazing collab with you guys!

This collab has been done before, but I haven't seen anyone doing anything much like it for quite sometime so it would be awesome to create a new one!
The rule is someone will make a short animation, then when they are finished will pass it on to the next person inline, no one knows what they will animate about so when you receive the animation you will have to continue the story in which that persons animated.

These are examples of this technique done before, watch them to get an idea what Im aiming for:

RULES:
-First off I just want to say that I want good animators joining, usually if people have created good quality parts will inspire everyone else to maintain the standards expected and finish their work!
-No sprites/pixels are aloud.
-No stick animations are aloud.
-No nudity or sex references, aiming for audiences of around 13+.

SPECS:
Stage Size: 600 x 400
FPS: 20Fps

Part 1: OPEN (Please ensure you share you idea before creating it).
Part 2: MarkyLyne
Part 3: OPEN
Part 4: OPEN
Part 5: OPEN
Part 6: OPEN
Part 7: OPEN
Part 8: OPEN
Part 9: OPEN
-Depending on how many people may want to join will reflect on the number of parts available.
-Around 10-30seconds on your part.
-Each person will have roughly 1week to make their part, remember the whole collab will be waiting on you.

Thats pretty much it! Please comment if you want to join and lets get started! :)

-MarkyLyne.

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 10:33:14

ALSO!
I can not more strongly make forward that I insist all animations are done on FLASH 8.
I've had so many problems with CS5 in the past which has resulted in collabs ending.

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 11:27:19

Hello, I really want to join. I can animate in many different styles.
Here's some samples: www.youtube.com/jeynimation
or just check my main page.

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 11:41:44

You abandonded your last collab, why should we think this one will be any different?

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 12:31:19

At 1/29/12 11:41 AM, Nae wrote: You abandonded your last collab, why should we think this one will be any different?

Like I said before, I can not more strongly make forward that I insist all animations are done on FLASH 8.
I've had so many problems with CS5 in the past which has resulted in collabs ending.

I tried day after day trying to put that collab together but CS5 kept crashing, you can only learn from your mistakes and try again.

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 13:55:52

At 1/29/12 12:31 PM, MarkyLyne wrote: you can only learn from your mistakes and try again.

If you had actually learned anything you would be asking people to back save their zombie collab parts to flash 8 so you can work with them and get that finished instead of starting something new. So why don't you do that now? ...then once that's done, you can focus on this.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 14:15:32

At 1/29/12 01:55 PM, Nae wrote:
At 1/29/12 12:31 PM, MarkyLyne wrote: you can only learn from your mistakes and try again.
If you had actually learned anything you would be asking people to back save their zombie collab parts to flash 8 so you can work with them and get that finished instead of starting something new. So why don't you do that now? ...then once that's done, you can focus on this.

It alot more complicated then that, please, if your not part of the collab, please stop posting.

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 14:37:46

At 1/29/12 02:15 PM, MarkyLyne wrote: It alot more complicated then that, please, if your not part of the collab, please stop posting.

What's so complicated about it?

It's only fair that people considering joining this are made aware that there's a real possibility you won't finish it. So why put a bunch of time and effort into something that you'll just abandon anyway?!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 14:50:06

At 1/29/12 02:37 PM, Nae wrote: What's so complicated about it?

It's only fair that people considering joining this are made aware that there's a real possibility you won't finish it. So why put a bunch of time and effort into something that you'll just abandon anyway?!

Because of advancements in Flash added in each version, CS5 isn't capable of back saving to Flash 8. The best you could do is try and save back to CS4, then someone with that could back save to CS3, etc. Tracking down someone with every version would be a pain in the ass. And depending on if people made parts using the new tools available in each version I don't think you're capable of down saving at all.

I see where you're coming from, wanting to be sure that who you're working with is reliable. That i completely fair! I have worked with Marky in the past (quite a long time ago) and he was always a great guy to work with! So I guess this is me vouching for him and the collab. It's a shame that the zombie collab went under, but I have faith that he will see this through as long as people work in Flash 8.

I unfortunately don't have Flash 8. I could try and get my hands on a copy. But for the moment I won't be able to contribute. Sorry buddy, but best of luck with the collab!!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 15:30:02

At 1/29/12 02:50 PM, Goat-Man wrote: Because of advancements in Flash... Tracking down someone with every version would be a pain in the ass.

I'm aware of what's involved. I've hosted enough collabs in my time. It's not that difficult to find someone to help back save... and as a collab host, you should be prepared to take on tasks of that sort to get things done ...if you can't, or don't want to... then you shouldn't be hosting collabs to begin with.

I'm guessing there are people in the zombie collab with the capabilities of back saving all of those parts to flash 8. If not, I've seen plenty of requests for help with it in the flash forum. There are ways to make it happen if you try.

So, again... what's so complicated about it?

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 18:48:33

I might be interested...Though I have flash 2004 so i'm not sure if its compatible...

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-29 19:43:35

Wow, I remember your OMG it's a zombie Collab, and I instantly remembered the cartoon I made for that. I completely forgot all about it. What a trip.

Anyways, I'll join this. It sounds cool. my animation skills have improved a lot lately. I'll try my best. :'D

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-30 02:03:01

I'll join, but I understand Nae's point fully. I've heard of so many people pissed about that collab not going ahead who were in it, but hopefully it doesn't happen to this one.

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-30 08:22:23

the go on collab was fantastic, so I'll join this pass thee flash thing :D

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-30 19:30:07

I love these kinds of collabs so I'll join :)

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-31 17:11:08

I forgot to say which part I want could I have the last or second to last?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-01-31 17:29:28

i'll join, i've never posted anything to the site before, but i'm not new to animation.

if you would like, i can post a sample

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-04 14:35:54

At 1/29/12 11:41 AM, Nae wrote: You abandonded your last collab, why should we think this one will be any different?

Agreed, I don't think this guy can follow through with anything.

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-04 15:00:22

sounds fun, I would like to join pls:)

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-09 18:44:25

If its not dead I'm interested to do this.

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-10 15:41:00

Im interested in joining.
I use CS5.

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-10 17:32:30

At 12 days ago, Nae wrote:

what matter does it make= .swf is a .swf whatever the 456789 or 10 version it is, Like a .tiff or a j-peg, the version makes no difference. bmp/.png/.tiff/. j-peg/.giff/.swf/.eps all can be open in a vector base program, regardless of what program.

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-10 20:20:17

I would be interested in joining but like a few other people, I only have CS5.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-11 07:18:18

I've messaged everyone who is interested, most of you I just need to see some sample animations!

By the way, if I don't post everyday it doesn't mean I've abandoned the collab, i'm really busy aside this but i'm trying my best!

-MarkyLyne

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-12 14:49:13

Ok awesome, cheers for letting me in.

So who's going first?
And also how are we stringing them together? I thought the last person to go could give the next person the last frame of their animation and then it can carry on straight from there, would make it very smooth and pretty awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-12 16:50:21

At 1 hour ago, adman wrote: Ok awesome, cheers for letting me in.

So who's going first?
And also how are we stringing them together? I thought the last person to go could give the next person the last frame of their animation and then it can carry on straight from there, would make it very smooth and pretty awesome.

First we need to find someone whose taking part 1, Im really searching for someone good at animation to create a good first impression and we also need a good idea to start it off because this will be the storyline used throughout the collab.

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-12 20:25:10

At 3 hours ago, MarkyLyne wrote: First we need to find someone whose taking part 1, Im really searching for someone good at animation to create a good first impression and we also need a good idea to start it off because this will be the storyline used throughout the collab.

If I feel like I have the time, I'd be more than happy to take the first part. Don't count me in just yet though, I'll have to feel out this week, which is very busy for me. What do you think is a reasonable ball-park for part lengths?
If I did take part, I wouldn't be free for about a week, give or take a few days.

I actually just gave myself an idea for how to start it off too!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-13 04:25:28

eel like I have the time, I'd be more than happy to take the first part. Don't count me in just yet though, I'll have to feel out this week, which is very busy for me. What do you think is a reasonable ball-park for part lengths?

If I did take part, I wouldn't be free for about a week, give or take a few days.

Parts would probably be around 10seconds on-wards. :)

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-13 08:02:50

I'm interested in joining too. But before I join (considering that you'd have me) I'd want to know when I have to set time aside from my other interests, so I could do this properly.

Currently got project work in flash, deadline is by easter. 4-5 weeks later I got another deadline in Flash work in another course. However, I can combine that with whatever I want to do in Flash. But count me in for this! :o

(I don't dare pick a part yet though, feels like I wanna know whenever that part needs to be animated first.) Has it already begun or are you waiting for more animators to join?

Response to Collab: Follow My Lead! 2012-02-14 06:29:49

We find anyone to start it? Really like to do this soon.