00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RestiveTrooper5153 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow

8,064 Views | 95 Replies

Response to Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow 2012-01-27 14:41:17

At 1/27/12 02:15 PM, FrostDrive wrote: I don't understand how parodies and fanart infringes copyright. If you made it, it's yours goddammit.

It's under fair use policy, unless ACTA retroactively gets rid of that you should be safe there

I also don't understand how this bill affects generic medicines and seedcrops. Could someone explain?

I read somewhere that big pharmaceutical companies like Tylenol and Pfizer could patent their drugs and use ACTA to prevent generic companies to sell basically the same medicine for a fraction of a cost.

Response to Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow 2012-01-27 14:41:39

instead of complaining lets figure out how to stop this

BBS Signature

Response to Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow 2012-01-27 16:22:00

At 1/27/12 02:51 PM, Rummy0 wrote:
At 1/27/12 02:48 PM, Rummy0 wrote: HEY ONEY THIS PASSED LIKE 9 DAYS AGO ARE YOU GONNA DELETE YOUR PARODIES YET. :3333333
Oh god please don't, I feel sick after posting that.

The people behind these bills deserve to be endlessly mocked for the rest of their lives.

Dammit, I liked Oney.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow 2012-01-28 06:25:09

At 1/27/12 02:48 PM, Rummy0 wrote: HEY ONEY THIS PASSED LIKE 9 DAYS AGO ARE YOU GONNA DELETE YOUR PARODIES YET. :3333333

Hey, I thought about creating a contra-ACTA/SOPA/PIPA license (or legal disclaimer added to a license) that most explicitly protests against what these three screw up in our life. If any of us publish anything, it must fall under this exclusion.

Any publisher not adopting this form of protest should be shunned and ignored, which means ascetic denial of possessing any product coming from supporters of these cartel pacts (this means shredding even the legally bought CD albums of your favorite bands), and this tendency must be pushed through the media to propagate our views. Demolishment of material could be organized in public, piling up products and collectively destroying them (not burning, but rather shattering).

I know this is harsh, but it certainly would have a shocking effect and would spread like wildfire. Any thoughts on this?

Response to Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow 2012-01-28 11:53:50

At 1/25/12 08:49 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: I meant the censorship you twat. Post WW2.

You must be thinking of the Stazi.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Acta Getting Signed Tomorrow 2012-01-28 13:49:52

At 1/25/12 04:35 PM, gavkay21 wrote:
Its also a world wide law.

No its not, it's a treaty between several countries. It doesn't apply to countries that don't sign it, international waters or terra nullius. World laws don't exist.