00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

22,867 Views | 185 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-04 19:51:41

At 2/4/12 05:47 PM, cmkinusn wrote: I love how imperfect your characters are without looking bad :) You do an extremely good job man

Yeah like some of them are not like of shallow physical perfection as others in the world would depict yet he does it quite well to even play with some of the features without making it seem Broken or dislocated.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-05 08:36:48

I like your style
I see that it's not your thing to draw requests but your piranha drawing excited me a lot.
I am an enthimologist and I would really like to see a Tinkerbell live dissection with severed foot and shoulder
Your facial expression drawings are awesome
Stay cool

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-05 13:53:26

At 2/4/12 05:47 PM, cmkinusn wrote: I love how imperfect your characters are without looking bad

... I suppose the username has an influence on the style?
Anyway, thanks, chap!

At 2/4/12 07:51 PM, argile wrote: Yeah like some of them are not like of shallow physical perfection as others in the world would depict

Yeah, others more skilled than me would do that.

At 2/5/12 08:36 AM, Grotesque wrote: I am an enthimologist and I would really like to see a Tinkerbell live dissection with severed foot and shoulder

Thanks for the comments! But... that request... Kinda breaks me in half... Mm...

Well, since the redesign is imminent I'm gonna celebrate it with nachos now.
Yeah, I don't eat nachos often, so it's kinda a special treat for me... So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-05 14:01:45

At 2/5/12 01:53 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 2/4/12 07:51 PM, argile wrote: Yeah like some of them are not like of shallow physical perfection as others in the world would depict

Yeah to be be honest I still have no idea what that other person means when he said "Your characters have imperfections yet they still look good to be honest" and that just after a few minutes of thinking last night.
As for skill I don't tend to think a lot on that moreso that I focus on Concept and Idea.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-05 16:22:02

At 2/5/12 02:01 PM, argile wrote:
Yeah to be be honest I still have no idea what that other person means when he said "Your characters have imperfections yet they still look good to be honest" and that just after a few minutes of thinking last night.
As for skill I don't tend to think a lot on that moreso that I focus on Concept and Idea.

Well, the females aren't the skinniest thing in the world like most would draw them, they actually have some pudge and don't most of the characters are asymmetrical, which I think is a unique feature that bizarro joe has in his art compared to most.

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-08 05:12:30

At 2 days ago, cmkinusn wrote:
Well, the females aren't the skinniest thing in the world like most would draw them, they actually have some pudge and don't most of the characters are asymmetrical, which I think is a unique feature that bizarro joe has in his art compared to most.

Ah, you were referring to the canon stuff! Yeah, I kinda like to play with that...

Anyways, I kinda excited right now... These two days without Newgrounds have been really harsh, but now it's back and all pretty and ripe! So it's time to soil it with some sketches here!

That hand has short fingers...

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-08 05:19:06

Now, yesterday I decided to try out Posemaniacs... And here are the results of my first Posemaniacs 30 seconds challenge hell (Part one)!
DAAAMN, I'm green... You don't really realize how short are those 30 seconds until you try it...
The rest of the session follows next.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-08 05:28:08

Here are the rest of that first session.
Although I'm determined to keep trying these at least one or two times a day, I'm not going to post all those scribbles, obviously. I'm posting these because it's the first time I try it, and it'd be nice to compare them to future ones, to see how I'm evolving...
Actually, I've erased all of these (and some others I did afterwards) from my sketchbook. I mean, you burn pages really fast with this, you know...

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-08 05:30:34

And now, it's time to get some colour in this new page and post another pic salvaged from my late computer.
Made with Flash and lots of nostalgia.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-08 09:16:09

At 3 hours ago, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 2 days ago, cmkinusn wrote:
Ah, you were referring to the canon stuff! Yeah, I kinda like to play with that...

Canon you mean like staying on the same sort of idea maybe keeping close relatively to a series without breaking out of concentration ,Hmm... But Either way I was referring to let your fantasies to go out freely

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-08 16:32:06

At 11 hours ago, BizarroJoe wrote: DAAAMN, I'm green... You don't really realize how short are those 30 seconds until you try it...

Tell it to me, at least you managed to get the whole structure done, I always get stuck with one part of the body and then the time runs out :(

Weren't you working on a cartoon? What happened to that?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 05:43:55

Hey Bizarro, how are you :D?

"Could... could you please die?" - Alice

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 07:31:03

At 21 hours ago, argile wrote:
At 3 hours ago, BizarroJoe wrote: Ah, you were referring to the canon stuff! Yeah, I kinda like to play with that...
Canon you mean like staying on the same sort of idea maybe keeping close relatively to a series without breaking out of concentration ,Hmm... But Either way I was referring to let your fantasies to go out freely

Canon like using an "ideal" set of measurements, features and proportions to build your figures. You know, drawing stuff...
By the way, I like your current icon much. Dr. Urabe from Kirihito Sanka... A really tortured character!

At 14 hours ago, MasterMerol wrote: Tell it to me, at least you managed to get the whole structure done, I always get stuck with one part of the body and then the time runs out :(

Your feedback is really, really appreciated. I really wanted to hear experiences from others who have tried this exercise or similar ones, like live sketching sessions. I'm not used to these and I feel like I'm doing it all wrong...
Thanks, man. Hugs.

Weren't you working on a cartoon? What happened to that?

*sigh*
My lack of experience at animating kinda killed it, I fear. I took too much time on each segment (And they were probably not that good anyways)... And right now, I can't continue on it (I only have MSPaint available now.). Anyway, you can say it is "on hold", but...
I think should try to earn some scores on my own before teaming up with anybody... I don't want any more failed projects because of my incompetency.

At 1 hour ago, LoCo-joker-05 wrote: Hey Bizarro, how are you :D?

I'm fine, and you?
The golden era of the NG Radio Chat... I have fond memories of those times, yeah.

And now, for today's pic... Posemaniacs has a gadget with 3D models of some hands that I found most handy(*tsk*). I was running out of models!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 08:23:53

At 47 minutes ago, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 21 hours ago, argile wrote:
At 3 hours ago, BizarroJoe wrote: Ah, you were referring to the canon stuff! Yeah, I kinda like to play with that...
Canon like using an "ideal" set of measurements, features and proportions to build your figures. You know, drawing stuff...
By the way, I like your current icon much. Dr. Urabe from Kirihito Sanka... A really tortured character!

Well it's certainly a new term that i've never heard in the art classes I took in Highschool. Never read the manga before but there was just something about the character instance I saw that I felt like I could relate to him.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 08:24:07

At 47 minutes ago, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 1 hour ago, LoCo-joker-05 wrote: Hey Bizarro, how are you :D?
I'm fine, and you?
The golden era of the NG Radio Chat... I have fond memories of those times, yeah.

I'm good, in school, getting bored like usual. Should take it more seriously, blablabla, etc.
And yes, golden era it was, I tried messaging some of the people we used to chat with, but from the ones I remember, only few where much to my liking. So, I ended up only having Jacob on MSN, pming flame and vampy and now trough forum asking you how you are....so it all went better then I expected. :D

"Could... could you please die?" - Alice

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 09:03:12

At 1 hour ago, BizarroJoe wrote: *sigh*
My lack of experience at animating kinda killed it, I fear. I took too much time on each segment (And they were probably not that good anyways)... And right now, I can't continue on it (I only have MSPaint available now.). Anyway, you can say it is "on hold", but...

Did someone say ms paint!? :D... oh, yeah when i started animating i had the same problem... i would treat each frame like a proper picture and spend an hour per slide... then when you release your working at 24 frames per second you release how silly it was...

I think should try to earn some scores on my own before teaming up with anybody... I don't want any more failed projects because of my incompetency.

totally agree... but if you ever need a hand *tsk* i would be more then happy to try and help out ;)...

PS - Loving the sketches as usual... i currently got given a sketchbook by a friend and i'm doodling everything you have posted, its very fun :D

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 11:42:59

i now want to do some random quick sketches, but 30 sec? i can never do. but today i'll put up some sketches nd shit because Bizarrojoe has started the flame and its building! love your style man its inspiring!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-09 19:34:22

First of all, thank you for the support, guys!

At 10 hours ago, argile wrote: Well it's certainly a new term that i've never heard in the art classes I took in Highschool.

Same here, In "art" class we were taught just technical drawing (finding middle points, intersections, drawing heptahedrons... that stuff). It was in history where we learnt about it.
Anyways, you'll find out about canons in almost every book about drawing the human figure.

Never read the manga before but there was just something about the character instance I saw that I felt like I could relate to him.

Well, I'm sorta Tezuka nut...

At 10 hours ago, LoCo-joker-05 wrote: I'm good, in school, getting bored like usual. Should take it more seriously, blablabla, etc.

Heheh... Just like everyone else.

And yes, golden era it was, I tried messaging some of the people we used to chat with, but from the ones I remember, only few where much to my liking. So, I ended up only having Jacob on MSN, pming flame and vampy and now trough forum asking you how you are....so it all went better then I expected. :D

I assume the Radio Chat has been down since quite some time, then? *tsk* I suppose people can't help to break it... Or maybe... I wonder how is PodO doing...

At 10 hours ago, LegolaSS wrote: Did someone say ms paint!? :D... oh, yeah when i started animating i had the same problem... i would treat each frame like a proper picture and spend an hour per slide... then when you release your working at 24 frames per second you release how silly it was...

I animated on "twos"... I've been missing that lately, and it was such a good practice... But first things first, I'll hone my basics during some time before I start working on getting my programs back.

totally agree... but if you ever need a hand *tsk* i would be more then happy to try and help out ;)...

Thank you very much, Legs...

PS - Loving the sketches as usual... i currently got given a sketchbook by a friend and i'm doodling everything you have posted, its very fun :D

Although flattered, I must recommend you to copy the actual models and not my scribblings... |; ]

At 7 hours ago, Ramatsu wrote: i now want to do some random quick sketches, but 30 sec? i can never do. but today i'll put up some sketches nd shit because Bizarrojoe has started the flame and its building! love your style man its inspiring!

Start a fire? Not me!
But I encourage you to try it. It really grows hair in your chest! Go, guy!

Now, I'll have to show something now... So I'll post some practice made this afternoon.
And before going to bed, I'll try to blast off and strike some evil empire. So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-10 10:07:13

At 14 hours ago, BizarroJoe wrote: First of all, thank you for the support, guys!
Well, I'm sorta Tezuka nut...

Say if Pipa hasn't removed or censored out everything on the net (I'm thinking they have some Scans even if it's just a few volumes) would you say Tezuka's Work would be worth Checking out ?

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-10 19:02:01

At 8 hours ago, argile wrote: Say if Pipa hasn't removed or censored out everything on the net (I'm thinking they have some Scans even if it's just a few volumes) would you say Tezuka's Work would be worth Checking out ?

Well, of course. I own every single work of his published in Spain (except for Hidamari no Ki - Tree that casts shadows. I was short on dough and I had to buy MW instead. I have yet to purchase that, but they are eight thick volumes... That's a fair bunch of bucks). I particularly enjoy his works intended for mature readers.

Maaan, I'm beat... I've just had to draw this so I can make it for today... Good night.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-11 19:29:39

Woah, same as above.

And also, note to self: Use an H pencil when sketching not a B. You've been doing it wrong all the time, you numbskull.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-12 01:27:31

At 5 hours ago, BizarroJoe wrote: Woah, same as above.
And also, note to self: Use an H pencil when sketching not a B. You've been doing it wrong all the time, you numbskull.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-12 17:41:02

At 16 hours ago, Hyptosis wrote: Fan-freaking-tastic.

Thank you, pal... I kinda feel you're noticing what I'm trying to achieve with this thread.

Thus, I couldn't help but think of you when making this uncleaned sketch. I've left it like that so you all can figure out how was it developed. I should explain it, though, so I can exchange experiences with all fellow users...
... But I'm too beaten to type anymore now. Today, I'm going to bed to a proper time, I promise. So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-13 01:23:00

going strong!

i love your anatomy studies joe, how long do you spend on these drawings?

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-13 01:53:04

Real solid studies Joe.

Using the correct pencil...I know this seems like a dumb question; but how big of a difference did it make for you?

and is it just personal preference or do you normally want to use one type of pencil for one type of sketch?

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-13 18:12:11

Thanks for the interesting comments, guys! And for the support! You rock!

At 22 hours ago, ImpendingRiot wrote: Absolutely wonderful stuff Joe. You make it look so easy. All of your figures have such a tangible...I don't know, calmness to them? And those hands...damn, I'd make a deal with the devil to draw hands like that.

Hey, I must be doing it fine, then! Also, I'm really interested in reading how people react to my stuff. One of the aspects of art I'm more interested in is "communication"... Transmitting ideas or feelings through indirect means... Well, I mean... Well, I'll have to work a bit on these theories... Sorry!
And don't get rid of your soul so haphazardly! If I really get to master drawing hands, I'll demonstrate that anybody can do it too!

Start rooting for me then, guys!
At 16 hours ago, jagondudo wrote: i love your anatomy studies joe, how long do you spend on these drawings?

Aargh... I never get to take note of that! I'll try to check that on the next one!

At 16 hours ago, Spac3case916 wrote: Using the correct pencil...I know this seems like a dumb question; but how big of a difference did it make for you?

The "B" pencils smudge easily, and, as you can see, the eraser can't get rid of it completely. Therefore, you can end up with a really dirty-looking pic. They are recommended for shading and getting uniform tones, because they are soft and quick on the paper. The "H" ones are better for sketching, cause they can be erased easily... If you're careful not to scratch the paper with their hard, sharpened nibs.
Anyways, I may be confusing them again... Ornery? We need your help here!

And here are today's fruits... The one on the left came off a bit stretched. I like the modest pose of the one in the right.
Pretty much the pose a real live model would strike, don't you think so?

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-14 17:39:21

OK... This one has been made in exactly 20 minutes...
Yet, it's a very small drawing... Hmm... I suppose I'll get quicker with practice. I hope.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-16 09:32:22

Sorry for not posting yesterday!
We've currently have a visitor sick in my house and I couldn't use the scanner...
Yesterday I was making some quick gesture drawings while attending my brother's shop. Here's a sample.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-16 09:36:33

Here I tried to answer Sockembop's question about a running pose, but it's a bit late for that now... *sigh* Sorry!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-02-16 09:38:27

I had the urge to post this one and I don't know why...
Oh, well. I'm finishing a pic for another thread now, I hope I can post it later... So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal