00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

22,846 Views | 185 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-15 19:24:20

At 1/15/12 02:22 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: Today I will be double-dutying to ensure the thread. I just whipped out a pic and tonight I will be drawing again as usual and intended so everything will be fine.

The inking is really good on this, I was wondering what kind of pen you use, or if it even matters? I love this thread so far, it's a good incentive to make yourself make things.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-16 12:48:49

Well, first off: YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!
[Link to fantastic celebratory return song]

Joe's back! Woo!
Lovin' the new sketches, man!

It's such a relief to get my BizarroJoe fix again. I was going into a withdrawal! D:

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-16 14:02:17

- Comment responding post!

At 1/15/12 03:46 PM, argile wrote: I've followed your art for quite a few years since you've started posting in 2007,It's nice to see that you're still active though I've sort of changed tastes since then...

... Does that mean I'm not of your liking anymore...?

Has there been a way you try to work in a idea even though your kind of stuck?

Hmm, you're asking if I found a way to get myself over this "art block", you mean...?
Well, you're looking at it! By making my self-recovery attempt public, I won't be able to drop it out that easily (you're all being witnesses of it!).
On a more specific note, I plan to make exercises on stuff that are giving me a hard time, so I can build more confidence in myself and actually get better, too!
Right now, I'm working on enjoying drawing again. Be more realistic about my current level and take it more easily. I'm taking inks again too, that I'm not that fond of.
I hope this was the answer you requested... Thank you for the comment, old pal!

At 1/15/12 04:16 PM, creepyboy wrote: Glad to see you back here Bizarro. I'm really digging this thread so far, especially your monsters. Keep the great stuff coming.

Thank you very much! I hope next pics may entertain you!

At 1/16/12 12:48 PM, Sabtastic wrote: Well, first off: YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!
[Link to fantastic celebratory return song]

Joe's back! Woo!
Lovin' the new sketches, man!

<:´]
... Much appreciated, sniff...
But this one fits me much better, though.
I will make an extra effort just for you, gal. [FIST FLEX!]

At 1/15/12 07:24 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: The inking is really good on this, I was wondering what kind of pen you use, or if it even matters?

Well, since you asked, here's a pic of my studio!
Which is, actually the kitchen's table.
Helpful Chun-Li is holding the item you were asking for, a Staedtler triplus fineliner. I think you call this a "sharpie".

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-16 14:05:23

... And here today's drawing.
I love this one panel cartoons... This one was originally drawn by Bob Schuster.
Can anyone give me some info about this way of cartooning?
I must hurry out now. So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-16 14:37:20

At 1/16/12 02:02 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: - Comment responding post!

At 1/15/12 03:46 PM, argile wrote: I've followed your art for quite a few years since you've started posting in 2007,It's nice to see that you're still active though I've sort of changed tastes since then...
... Does that mean I'm not of your liking anymore...?
Has there been a way you try to work in a idea even though your kind of stuck?
Hmm, you're asking if I found a way to get myself over this "art block", you mean...?
Well, you're looking at it! By making my self-recovery attempt public, I won't be able to drop it out that easily (you're all being witnesses of it!).
On a more specific note, I plan to make exercises on stuff that are giving me a hard time, so I can build more confidence in myself and actually get better, too!
Right now, I'm working on enjoying drawing again. Be more realistic about my current level and take it more easily. I'm taking inks again too, that I'm not that fond of.
I hope this was the answer you requested... Thank you for the comment, old pal!

Thank you for the response...I hope that you were not offended by the first part, for the most part i'm unbiased behind the ways things are seen from the Interpreter eyes as I was when I was kid, So either it's done in a realistic or even childish fashion it's all very subjective...
Perspective and backgrounds can be a bit of pain to come up with from the of your head
just remember I still haven't forgotten you

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-16 18:27:20

At 1/16/12 02:05 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: ... And here today's drawing.
I love this one panel cartoons... This one was originally drawn by Bob Schuster.
Can anyone give me some info about this way of cartooning?

I was gonna, but kinda postponed it cause it sounds like whining... anyways:
I really like the style you've got going but I'm getting a bit bored with it. I've seen about every woman there is to be drawn in that style if you get what I mean. And it's not really a phase/project either; it's just everything you do is basically the same drawing. Now, I don't think you should definitely try to change your style or anything, but I'd love it if you could maybe have characters interact with each other or with object, or draw an entire scene instead of just one character floating in the void. On that note, this last one is a move in the right direction, but I'd like to see you take it a bit further.
so yeah... guess that did sound like whining eh? Anyways, I love your stuff, just getting a bit bored with it.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-16 23:41:04

Enjoyed the thread. Quality as usual.

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-17 01:25:39

Joe, man your work is so inspiring. You tend to force the proportions further than my tastes would like, however they're so well grounded on good knowledge about anatomy. It really works well. We could all learn a lot by studying yours lines. I really appreciate you sharing the sketches with us, I especially enjoyed studying the ones in your first image post.

I really need to make time to do more drawing and sketching, thank you for the inspiration again.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-17 02:53:49

At 1/16/12 06:27 PM, J-qb wrote: so yeah... guess that did sound like whining eh? Anyways, I love your stuff, just getting a bit bored with it.

Yeah, it is a bit, but you do raise the good point that Joe's cartoons are at their best in instances liek the last one.

Which was also a great tit-based joke.

Love the stuff, joe, and great to see you around the forum again.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-17 19:34:33

At 1/16/12 02:37 PM, argile wrote: Thank you for the response...I hope that you were not offended by the first part[...]

Of course not, I just saw a chance to clown around and I couldn't resist... I wasn't being serious.

Not me either! Your latest posts in your thread may be inspiring... I'll see if I can make something out of that if I can get the time.

At 1/16/12 06:27 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/16/12 02:05 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: Can anyone give me some info about this way of cartooning?

... ?

I really like the style you've got going but I'm getting a bit bored with it. I've seen about every woman there is to be drawn in that style if you get what I mean. And it's not really a phase/project either; it's just everything you do is basically the same drawing. Now, I don't think you should definitely try to change your style or anything, but I'd love it if you could maybe have characters interact with each other or with object, or draw an entire scene instead of just one character floating in the void. On that note, this last one is a move in the right direction, but I'd like to see you take it a bit further.
so yeah... guess that did sound like whining eh? Anyways, I love your stuff, just getting a bit bored with it.

... But... This is not what I was asking for.
I was asking for information about those one-panelled sexy gag comics... I mean, is there an specific name for them? I've tried surfing the net about those, but, apart from some blogs, I have not found that much. And what about the authors? People of the likes of Robert Lassalvy, Kiraz, Bill Ward, M. Fornari, Enrich...
Anyway, thank you for the review in which you, basically, state that I'm... a... one-trick pony?!
... AaaaAAAAaaaaaargh... I suppose this is what they call "tough love"...

At 1/16/12 11:41 PM, rolentogrenades wrote: Enjoyed the thread. Quality as usual.

Heeey... This is what I call a "blast from the past"! (A grenade blast, of course.)
So nice to see old-schoolers still hanging around this forum! Thanks for commenting!

At 1/17/12 01:25 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Joe, man your work is so inspiring. You tend to force the proportions further than my tastes would like, however they're so well grounded on good knowledge about anatomy. It really works well. We could all learn a lot by studying yours lines. I really appreciate you sharing the sketches with us, I especially enjoyed studying the ones in your first image post.

Woah, thank you so much...
Yeah, I think it's time for another of my cyclical study of human proportions again, and whip up a round of sketches of realistic-looking dummies. And see what can I get this time from it.

I really need to make time to do more drawing and sketching, thank you for the inspiration again.

It has been kinda reciprocal, your thread encouraged me to keep on sketching daily!

At 1/17/12 02:53 AM, Lintire wrote: Which was also a great tit-based joke.

Glad you liked it!

Love the stuff, joe, and great to see you around the forum again.

Much appreciated!

Damn, I'm pooped.
I may have been dozing off after each line of this post. I think I've been like an hour or so writing this post... Sorry for typing unsatisfactory responses, but I just can't stand being at the keyboard any longer.
On the left, there's a drawing I eventually turned into sorta studay of a nude male, just to see at what state was that matter now. The face kinda look like Abe Sapien...
In the right, is a sketch of a concept that has been coming lately to my head.
Well, yeah, it's Death. A reaper that's not meant to be feared. I'd love to use that in a videogame...
You may be asking where her arms are. There's a reason, but that'll be a story for another day...
Oh and if tomorrow there's not post, blame SOPA or PIPA or whatever shit they come with.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-17 20:30:24

At 1/17/12 07:34 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 1/16/12 06:27 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/16/12 02:05 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: Can anyone give me some info about this way of cartooning?
... ?

I really disagree here. There is nothing wrong with having a recognizable and expressive style. And there is also nothing wrong with starting an experimental thread with something one draws best or even is famous for, like BizarroJoe is with his girls. After all, Joe has proven many times that he can draw almost every content, that anyone can think of.

I didn't want to take this into a long discussion, since that's not the purpose of the thread, but I couldn't let this remark go unchallenged.

... But... This is not what I was asking for.
I was asking for information about those one-panelled sexy gag comics... I mean, is there an specific name for them? I've tried surfing the net about those, but, apart from some blogs, I have not found that much. And what about the authors? People of the likes of Robert Lassalvy, Kiraz, Bill Ward, M. Fornari, Enrich...

I couldn't find anything more specific than the general term "single panel comic", but nothing that hints at sexy comics explicitly. Maybe that's a niche for incredible fame and richness, who knows? :P

As for the actual art (last but not least), I really like what we are seeing so far. Especially the barbarian and lizardman designs. It would be great if you inked the monster hunter beast some time too.

Btw, Am I the only one who is reminded of Penos(NSFW) by that one?

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-18 05:47:03

At 1/17/12 07:34 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: ... But... This is not what I was asking for.

yeah, I noticed that after I had posted; I read "this way of cartooning" as "this way of drawing cartooney characters" rather than "this way of drawing cartoons"

Anyway, thank you for the review in which you, basically, state that I'm... a... one-trick pony?!
... AaaaAAAAaaaaaargh... I suppose this is what they call "tough love"...

I guess it is... I didn't call you a one-trick pony cause I don't think you are. i.e. I think you've got more up your sleeves than just the individual characters. To answer what you were asking for: yeah I'd love to see you do more of those one-panel comics, I think the one you posted is great.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-18 09:34:24

At 1/17/12 07:34 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 1/16/12 02:37 PM, argile wrote: Thank you for the response...I hope that you were not offended by the first part[...]
Of course not, I just saw a chance to clown around and I couldn't resist... I wasn't being serious.
Not me either! Your latest posts in your thread may be inspiring... I'll see if I can make something out of that if I can get the time.

You actually found a few of my posts to be inspiring , Allow my immersion of disbelief to be blown out of proportion if you really want to be inspired you should look into some of the stuff that I really like.Procrastination's not what I encourage.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-18 09:48:01

You have a style Joe... a fantastically beautiful style that no one else has... most people would kill to be able to have a style to call their own, and you have your own style... and not only that, you do it bloody well... sure you have your triangle styled girls, but you have proven to be able to do more complexed line work and art when ever someone has asked...

I personally love your artwork and would hate to see it come to an end.

Now let them artistic juices flow and splurge some artwork in my eyes :D

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 07:10:02

Well, as I feared, just when I went to post, I got foiled by the blackout...

At 1/17/12 08:30 PM, Luwano wrote: I couldn't find anything more specific than the general term "single panel comic", but nothing that hints at sexy comics explicitly. Maybe that's a niche for incredible fame and richness, who knows? :P

Yeah... It's so weird... Now that every single trace of a trend seems to be cathegorised under an specific name, this way of cartooning seems to be yet unlabelled... I still find it hard to believe.

Btw, Am I the only one who is reminded of Penos(NSFW) by that one?

I think not! Remember Ramatsu's comment?

At 1/18/12 05:47 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/17/12 07:34 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: ... But... This is not what I was asking for.
yeah, I noticed that after I had posted; I read "this way of cartooning" as "this way of drawing cartooney characters" rather than "this way of drawing cartoons"

With my parents knocking at the door, I had to write the post too hastily. I'm afraid it's rather poorly phrased...

I guess it is... I didn't call you a one-trick pony cause I don't think you are.

Nah, don't worry about that. I just hope you may find more interesting stuff here in the future.

At 1/18/12 09:34 AM, argile wrote:

Procrastination's not what I encourage.
YIKES!!!

At 1/18/12 09:48 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Now let them artistic juices flow and splurge some artwork in my eyes :D

^_____________ THIS ___________^

Well, there will be more later. So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 11:01:43

At 1/19/12 07:10 AM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 1/18/12 09:34 AM, argile wrote:
Procrastination's not what I encourage.
YIKES!!!

What I mean ofcourse is I don't want you to pick up that bad habit , you may notice that in quite a few of my posts here in the art forum that I don't seem to make a serious commitment whenever I make my promises but when I try to I sometimes hold it to for the next few hours,days or even weeks and sometimes even months when I'm not all that interested.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 12:59:07

At 1/19/12 11:01 AM, argile wrote: What I mean ofcourse is I don't want you to pick up that bad habit , you may notice that in quite a few of my posts here in the art forum that I don't seem to make a serious commitment whenever I make my promises but when I try to I sometimes hold it to for the next few hours,days or even weeks and sometimes even months when I'm not all that interested.

Yeah, I understand, but I'm afraid that piece of advice comes a bit late for me...

And now we go on with the show.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 13:01:41

Thinking seriously about getting a book from the library this afternoon and start working on some learning sketches... I'll see if I can get there before they close.

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 13:04:25

Lastly, a little bonus!
This is something I salvaged from my old HDD.

O Flash, how I miss thee...

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 13:20:05

At 1/19/12 12:59 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 1/19/12 11:01 AM, argile wrote: What I mean ofcourse is I don't want you to pick up that bad habit , you may notice that in quite a few of my posts here in the art forum that I don't seem to make a serious commitment whenever I make my promises but when I try to I sometimes hold it to for the next few hours,days or even weeks and sometimes even months when I'm not all that interested.
Yeah, I understand, but I'm afraid that piece of advice comes a bit late for me...

Now how does it often come by exactly? Hopefully you're working with things you actually enjoy not just because they look pretty or grotesque.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 15:57:29

Wicked work mate, digging the chick's head in the sketches, the first face, she's hot. Also the banger looking guy with the machete is awesome. You're killing it! I gotta get my shit together and compete with you some.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 17:27:00

At 1/19/12 03:57 PM, Hyptosis wrote: Wicked work mate, digging the chick's head in the sketches, the first face, she's hot. Also the banger looking guy with the machete is awesome. You're killing it! I gotta get my shit together and compete with you some.

You need to get your shit together,really? I thought some of your examples were good enough already.

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-19 22:10:17

At 1/13/12 07:17 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: Basically I'll be posting stuff made the day before, on a daily basis.

Yeah, you better do >:(

I'm just going to drop another useless comment here and tell you that this stuff is all pretty amazing!
Glad you came back!

Also, for a moment I thought this guy was you in disguise. Pretty ridiculous, I know.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-20 07:34:24

Thanks for all your support, guys!

At 1/19/12 03:57 PM, Hyptosis wrote: Wicked work mate, digging the chick's head in the sketches, the first face, she's hot. Also the banger looking guy with the machete is awesome. You're killing it! I gotta get my shit together and compete with you some.

To compete in a contest I can't win would be suicidal! But I may have sorta death wish in me...
It'd be so exciting if I could learn something more. At least a bit discipline, that'd be nice.
Anyways, your new arts are already expected!

At 1/19/12 05:27 PM, argile wrote: You need to get your shit together,really? I thought some of your examples were good enough already.

Everybody poops!

At 1/19/12 10:10 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Yeah, you better do >:(

Eeek!

I'm just going to drop another useless comment here and tell you that this stuff is all pretty amazing!

Not that useless... If people don't tell me, how would I know they're liking this stuff?

Also, for a moment I thought this guy was you in disguise. Pretty ridiculous, I know.

Thank you so much for this link... That thread is amazing. And the first post resumes the whole concept of "Whore for a day" in the most brilliant way I've seen. I wish I could come up with a line like that. A wise bloke indeed. Glad to have'em watching us from above.

And now, some sketches. Yeah I could get that book, but, for the moment I just reviewed the proportions stuff... I feel better with the 7-head set than the canonical 8-head one... Curious, isn't it?

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-20 07:36:27

And now, I will give you some head.
Funny how the first eventually turned into Link!
I hope I can post something else later. So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-20 18:32:42

Oooook, I'll do more figure sketches... tomorrow.
So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-21 02:12:08

Me be of the likings of these pictures, me has happy cat face now, me be off the printing new picture for my cat flaps meow, i gives you top paws and can of tunas for yours artworks is so great, me be of the looking forward to more artworks in near futures yes, meow <3

Meow <3

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-21 13:36:45

At 1/21/12 02:12 AM, MeowolaSS wrote: Me be of the likings of these pictures, me has happy cat face now, me be off the printing new picture for my cat flaps meow, i gives you top paws and can of tunas for yours artworks is so great, me be of the looking forward to more artworks in near futures yes, meow <3

Well, I can use some tuna for my sandwich! Anyone has fresh lettuce to spare?

And speaking of greens, I'm eating mine now.
The one at the bottom was made without reference... And it shows.
Not all posts are going to be pretty... There's a long, long way ahead of me...

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-21 14:56:51

At 1/21/12 01:36 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: The one at the bottom was made without reference... And it shows.

It's also an incredibly difficult pose and angle. But I think, the only thing that is kinda off is the connection between the little finger and the ring finger.

Not all posts are going to be pretty... There's a long, long way ahead of me...

I like the sketches and practices, because it's like looking "behind the scenes".

BBS Signature

Response to BizarroJoe's Daily Deal 2012-01-22 11:31:04

At 1/21/12 02:56 PM, Luwano wrote: It's also an incredibly difficult pose and angle. But I think, the only thing that is kinda off is the connection between the little finger and the ring finger.

I hate so much referencing/copying that I tried to come up with a pose that would be pretty different from the previous ones from scratch. Well, I suppose it could've been worse...

I like the sketches and practices, because it's like looking "behind the scenes".

Yeah, sort of. Soon I will be showing all my embarrasing facts and dirty secrets here...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, pal!

And now, more of the same. So long!

BizarroJoe's Daily Deal