00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation Forum Lounge

20,757 Views | 165 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 16:00:56

Interview with Tom Fulp

Wanna ask the creator of Newgrounds, Tom Fulp a question? Well you can! The Interviewer is putting the power in your hands to ask the questions. Just click above!

Also yes, Tom Fulp has given permission to do this thread.

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-09-20 20:33:17

At 8/2/12 10:00 PM, ASSHAT-ISLAND wrote: Hey guys, I was just wondering if you know any good websites where I can create flash animation. I've got an acer laptop, and it's a couple of months old (it's not going too fast at the moment), but I want to start uploading experimental animations to Newgrounds and get constructive criticism on how I could improve etc.
Also, I'm sort of a cheapskate so no animation programmes that cost money or anything. I tried using Doink, but it is going sorta slow and such. :P
So could you please help me out? Thanks.

maybe pencil? or you could do hand drawn animations. I don't think there's any animation software that you can use within your browser. Also flash animation is done with the program 'adobe flash' (you could get the trial). But NG now allows other formats so its easier to use any kind of software

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-09-21 19:15:18

So... anyone else excited for the movie jam next weekend?

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-09-22 11:18:54

At 9/21/12 07:15 PM, wreckr wrote: So... anyone else excited for the movie jam next weekend?

I kinda am. Even though I fail at animating, I'm hoping I can team up with someone/s ...somehow.

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-11-23 16:45:30

Out of curiosity (and to hopefully get some actual discussion going here) how do most of you feel about the object drawing tool/option? do you hate it or do you use it some/all of the time?

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-11-23 18:26:31

At 11/23/12 04:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Out of curiosity (and to hopefully get some actual discussion going here) how do most of you feel about the object drawing tool/option? do you hate it or do you use it some/all of the time?

I use it pretty frequently. Mostly for circles, or if I'm drawing a lot of rectangles, like an overhead of a city. I don't really use it for linework though, only if I need a perfect shape in a background or something.

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2012-11-24 11:30:23

At 11/23/12 04:57 PM, KaDoYuu wrote: I have no real grasp on how the object drawing feature works and find it a bit frustrating to work with. I prefer the Line/pencil/paintbrush tools. Those are working for me at the moment. What is your 'tool of choice'?

Object Drawing can be active on all of those.
My tool of choice is the paintbrush.

Animation Forum Lounge

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-04 09:59:16

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-10 07:55:30

CLICK DAT TO WATCH MY ANIMATION:3>

What do you guys think about my latest animation? :3
And one question: What is best program to make animations?
I make dem pictures in Photoshop and put them to AE6, and that takes alot time :s

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-10 09:35:54

At 1/10/13 07:55 AM, Spurdoh wrote: CLICK DAT TO WATCH MY ANIMATION:3>

What do you guys think about my latest animation? :3
And one question: What is best program to make animations?
I make dem pictures in Photoshop and put them to AE6, and that takes alot time :s

not bad for what you're doing!

you want to get either flash or toon boom to speed up your animating process

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-11 15:33:34

Hi guys,

I was told to post my animation here to look for critique on my latest animation: SNAPSHOT Vol. 2.

Please take a look and let me know what you think, thanks!

(Please vote as well, thank you!)

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-11 22:38:05

Hi there,

I just realized that there's actually an Animation Lounge here for animators to post their animations. So here's my latest animation:

It's basically a teaser trailer for a series I'm making for its old original animation I did way back in 2007:

I'm open to all feedback and comments. Enjoy and don't forget to vote! Thanks! :)

Oh BTW, @Quasimodoxxx: Great flash! Deserves a 5!

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-11 23:47:39

At 1/11/13 10:38 PM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608160
It's basically a teaser trailer for a series I'm making for its old original animation I did way back in 2007:

Oh BTW, @Quasimodoxxx: Great flash! Deserves a 5!

Thanks, Jess-The-Dragon! I am actually looking forward to the Super Hero Clock! How is it coming along?

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-11 23:51:10

At 1/11/13 10:38 PM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: Hi there,
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608160

I must say the quality of your frame by frame animation is amazing, so crisp and smooth... You do all the animation alone?

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-12 08:45:30

At 1/11/13 11:51 PM, Quasimodoxxx wrote: I must say the quality of your frame by frame animation is amazing, so crisp and smooth... You do all the animation alone?

Ya. Thanks for watching it btw. Your animation is pretty exciting too.

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-01-25 21:07:10

Hi everybody! Just wanted to make an announcement that my animation entitled 'Jack's Halloween Treats' is one of the finalists for Film Skillet Winter 2012/2013 Animation Contest 2D animation category. There's only 1 more week left to vote. To watch and vote, visit:
http://www.filmskillet.com/films/892-jack-s-halloween-treats
If you like my animation, please vote for it. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-02-11 16:46:09

'ello!

I have been watching different animations on YouTube and on here, Newgrounds.
I mean I have watched animations for like 1 year on YouTube, and I really know alot about popular animators and not so popular animators who comes from Newgrounds.

Few days ago I was wondering do I have any skills to do some kinda animation.
[It's here]

What you guys think? :3
Yeah I know it's short, but I think it's pretty good for FIRST? :D

(Sorry for my english, I'm so tired now that I can't think am I writing wrong... )

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-04-14 16:12:30

If you're a monty python/terry gilliam fan, you might enjoy this:

http://youtu.be/IrsKPKjGF_Y

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 00:44:04

At 4/14/13 04:12 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: If you're a monty python/terry gilliam fan, you might enjoy this:

http://youtu.be/IrsKPKjGF_Y

Aww, I not old enough.
Actually, I don't want a YouTube account. Terry Gilliam's MPFC animations are legendary. I'd love to see a compilation of the work he did for their video games.

Or were you referring to Absolutely Anything?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-06-05 13:47:37

I just made a tinychat for the animation forum users, it can be found here. Looking forward to animating with everyone!

"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-06-06 12:54:10

At 6/5/13 01:47 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote: I just made a tinychat for the animation forum users, it can be found here. Looking forward to animating with everyone!

Ooh, cool. Hopefully people will use it. Also, if anyone is live streaming while they work, they should post links so others can tune in (wasn't there an activities thread here somewhere? coulda sworn. Oh well).

I know NATA is going on, and I'm not sure what Tom has planned, but... would anyone be up for a movie jam? Say... next weekend or the weekend after. We could probably organize something. Thoughts?

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-06-06 13:26:25

At 6/6/13 12:54 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 6/5/13 01:47 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote: I just made a tinychat for the animation forum users, it can be found here. Looking forward to animating with everyone!
Ooh, cool. Hopefully people will use it. Also, if anyone is live streaming while they work, they should post links so others can tune in (wasn't there an activities thread here somewhere? coulda sworn. Oh well).

I know NATA is going on, and I'm not sure what Tom has planned, but... would anyone be up for a movie jam? Say... next weekend or the weekend after. We could probably organize something. Thoughts?

I had quite a few people in there the other day, maybe 4 or 5 people including toas, luwano, peglay and a few of the NATA participants. I'll be in there later today once I get pack from work, finishing up my walk cycle for the walk cycle collab.
A movie jam sounds good, only 8 people are moving on to the next round of NATA, so there should be plenty of people to work with. Maybe next weekend?

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-06-06 13:33:00

At 1/7/12 12:42 PM, spammer4life wrote: im working on some simple frame-by-frame..
does anyone know how to make the shakey feel on your drawings like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWpbBYOt-
HU

??
thanks in advance?

yeah if your in flash you can either use the smoothing function in a symbol or you can badly onion skin

SaddamSauce

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-06-07 15:39:51

In here animating if you dudes wanna drop by!

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-06-07 21:19:47

At 6/7/13 03:39 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote: In here animating if you dudes wanna drop by!

I had to go somewhere for a bit, back in here animating, If anyone wants to join me

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-10-12 16:24:22

Question to everyone... out of curiosity... how have you learned what you know about animation? Did you go to school? Are you in school now? If so, which one? Is it strictly an animation course, or full art-type program? ...Or are you self taught/learning on your own? If so, what has been the most helpful resource for you? (books, sites, other animators, etc.)

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-10-13 11:37:27

At 10/12/13 08:30 PM, Cordyceps wrote: As for resources, I read Osamu Tezuka's books, which I fortunately found at the library, and were incredibly helpful. I also received quite a bit of help from the guys at AlbinoBlackSheep back in the day when I had particular issues.

Despite not having any formal education, I still manage a few commissions here and there, and I even worked a couple months at Disney.

Cool, I'll have to check out that book! Thanks!!

Disney, eh?! Impressive!! That had to be exciting!! What did you do there? Did you work on anything we may have heard of/seen?

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-11-07 03:03:05

At 1/11/13 10:38 PM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: I just realized that there's actually an Animation Lounge here for animators to post their animations.
At 11/5/13 11:00 PM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: ...thought I might wanna post them here before I continue with the next one.

That's actually NOT what the Art Forum lounge is for. The Art Forum lounge is for getting to know other people in the Animation Forum and to discussing things that aren't important enough or Animation related enough to make thread/topic about. Please try not to use it just for a few extra views on your submisions.

It seems you put a lot of effort into your animations and that they do quite well though, nice work.

Response to Animation Forum Lounge 2013-11-07 09:59:38

At 11/7/13 03:03 AM, CloudEater wrote: That's actually NOT what the Art Forum lounge is for. The Art Forum lounge is for getting to know other people in the Animation Forum and to discussing things that aren't important enough or Animation related enough to make thread/topic about. Please try not to use it just for a few extra views on your submisions.

It seems you put a lot of effort into your animations and that they do quite well though, nice work.

CLOUDY!!!!!

Hi :D

Just an fyi... due to the lack of activity in this forum, it was sort of decided that it was ok to post links to ones stuff here (I tried to find the discussion, but I think it happened in another thread). We also talked about making dedicated 'showcase' threads like the art forum has but for finished and in progress animations. We were hoping it would spark some kind of conversation and liven this place up. It didn't really work :'(

tumbleweed.gif

So what have you been up to?!