New Topic Respond to this Topic
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 10:32 AM, Blounty wrote: On friday I am hoping to unleash upon the forum the first BWAC Bi-Weekly Animation Competition

I would like to get your input on what rules and regulations you would like to see imposed on the competition.
I've been told the simpler the better
I have an idea for the first topic/subject and hope to have a introduction written and an opening animation ready for that in the next few days.

After that anyone can post in here what kind of topic we could have or even shoot me a PM.

I am glad you're doing this! As far as ideas for rules and regulations goes, I guess it depends on what kind of competition you are looking to have.

Some possible questions:

-Should people be required to work alone, or can multiple people participate in the art/animation aspect?

-Are people encouraged to only use audio from the art portal, or are outside sources allowed?

-Is there going to be a restriction on how mature peoples' content can be, or will it be a sort of 'anything goes' type deal?

-Will there be a prize? If so, can people participate and win a prize biweekly, and if so, does that mean that if someone wins one set of weeks, will they be barred from winning the prize for the next set of weeks?

I'm sure I'll think of more, but for now I guess these are some questions I am throwing out there.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

I'll answer everyones questions tommorow, I'm tired and dont want to fuck up.

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 04:11 AM Reply

At 6/12/12 02:16 PM, terabiter wrote:
After that anyone can post in here what kind of topic we could have or even shoot me a PM.
Ninjas! its all about the ninjas.

I'll keep that in mind.

I would like to discuss minecraft parodies. Theyre getting super super lame and yet there is at least 5 I count being posted on newgrounds every week. They always seem to have the same unoriginal content typically a new player collecting resources making a house and getting attacked by the various monsters in the game. I know there are many exceptions to this. Minecraft TNA and Rubberninja's derpcraft (which I think started the whole thing off). How long is this phase going to last? I think that this can also be applied to Skyrim parodies- they started off to be epic with Harry partridge but then to many animators seemed to jump onto the band waggon. I can empathise with animators that it is hard to find original content. Sorry for this rant I just wanted to get it off my chest. Feeling better now.

Why not parody the Minecraft parodies :P

Some possible questions:

-Should people be required to work alone, or can multiple people participate in the art/animation aspect?

I'll probably announce whether teams are allowed or not depending on the subject.

-Are people encouraged to only use audio from the art portal, or are outside sources allowed?

It's always encouraged to use audio from the AUDIO portal ;p but I don't think it should be a problem if anyone wants to use other audio if they need it.

-Is there going to be a restriction on how mature peoples' content can be, or will it be a sort of 'anything goes' type deal?

I believe it should be anything goes as I don't think people should be restricted in what they make but this could change depending on the subject.

-Will there be a prize? If so, can people participate and win a prize biweekly, and if so, does that mean that if someone wins one set of weeks, will they be barred from winning the prize for the next set of weeks?

In the Beta I don't know if prizes will be offered, I'm still working on getting it organised. I think that if someone wins they won't be able to win the next BWAC but could maybe get a higher powered vote on who they think should win.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but for now I guess these are some questions I am throwing out there.

Keep 'em coming.

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 6/13/12 04:11 AM, Blounty wrote:
It's always encouraged to use audio from the AUDIO portal ;p but I don't think it should be a problem if anyone wants to use other audio if they need it.

Whoops! Didn't even see that typo. My phone has a mind of its own sometimes.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:35 PM Reply

My mic broke and I didn't want to have to find a voice actor, So I just did some fbf for the starting animation of BWAC.

I then spent 100 quid for a new mic setup.

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 6/13/12 05:35 PM, Blounty wrote: My mic broke and I didn't want to have to find a voice actor, So I just did some fbf for the starting animation of BWAC.

I then spent 100 quid for a new mic setup.

I do believe you have finished the BWAC opening animation now, all you have to do is organize the posts for the discussion and entry threads and you can have the weekend to relax.

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:43 AM Reply

I bought a blue yeti mic, can't wait to start voicing and animating my cartoons again.

What have you guys been upto?

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
ASSHAT-ISLAND
ASSHAT-ISLAND
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Aug. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:00 PM Reply

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you know any good websites where I can create flash animation. I've got an acer laptop, and it's a couple of months old (it's not going too fast at the moment), but I want to start uploading experimental animations to Newgrounds and get constructive criticism on how I could improve etc.
Also, I'm sort of a cheapskate so no animation programmes that cost money or anything. I tried using Doink, but it is going sorta slow and such. :P
So could you please help me out? Thanks.

I like asshats :3

BBS Signature
razem
razem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:07 AM Reply

This is my favorite forum :)

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Interview with Tom Fulp

Wanna ask the creator of Newgrounds, Tom Fulp a question? Well you can! The Interviewer is putting the power in your hands to ask the questions. Just click above!

Also yes, Tom Fulp has given permission to do this thread.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 8/2/12 10:00 PM, ASSHAT-ISLAND wrote: Hey guys, I was just wondering if you know any good websites where I can create flash animation. I've got an acer laptop, and it's a couple of months old (it's not going too fast at the moment), but I want to start uploading experimental animations to Newgrounds and get constructive criticism on how I could improve etc.
Also, I'm sort of a cheapskate so no animation programmes that cost money or anything. I tried using Doink, but it is going sorta slow and such. :P
So could you please help me out? Thanks.

maybe pencil? or you could do hand drawn animations. I don't think there's any animation software that you can use within your browser. Also flash animation is done with the program 'adobe flash' (you could get the trial). But NG now allows other formats so its easier to use any kind of software

BBS Signature
wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

So... anyone else excited for the movie jam next weekend?

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 9/21/12 07:15 PM, wreckr wrote: So... anyone else excited for the movie jam next weekend?

I kinda am. Even though I fail at animating, I'm hoping I can team up with someone/s ...somehow.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

Out of curiosity (and to hopefully get some actual discussion going here) how do most of you feel about the object drawing tool/option? do you hate it or do you use it some/all of the time?

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 11/23/12 04:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Out of curiosity (and to hopefully get some actual discussion going here) how do most of you feel about the object drawing tool/option? do you hate it or do you use it some/all of the time?

I have no real grasp on how the object drawing feature works and find it a bit frustrating to work with. I prefer the Line/pencil/paintbrush tools. Those are working for me at the moment. What is your 'tool of choice'?

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Emrox
Emrox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 11/23/12 04:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Out of curiosity (and to hopefully get some actual discussion going here) how do most of you feel about the object drawing tool/option? do you hate it or do you use it some/all of the time?

I use it pretty frequently. Mostly for circles, or if I'm drawing a lot of rectangles, like an overhead of a city. I don't really use it for linework though, only if I need a perfect shape in a background or something.

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 11/23/12 04:57 PM, KaDoYuu wrote: I have no real grasp on how the object drawing feature works and find it a bit frustrating to work with. I prefer the Line/pencil/paintbrush tools. Those are working for me at the moment. What is your 'tool of choice'?

Object Drawing can be active on all of those.
My tool of choice is the paintbrush.

Animation Forum Lounge

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 09:59 AM Reply

Necro-Bump per Me and NaeNae

• Take Me Back
    Take Me Back by Max-Vador

sometimes sorry is the hardest word to say

Score
    2.97 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Spurdoh
Spurdoh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 07:55 AM Reply

CLICK DAT TO WATCH MY ANIMATION:3>

What do you guys think about my latest animation? :3
And one question: What is best program to make animations?
I make dem pictures in Photoshop and put them to AE6, and that takes alot time :s

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 07:55 AM, Spurdoh wrote: CLICK DAT TO WATCH MY ANIMATION:3>

What do you guys think about my latest animation? :3
And one question: What is best program to make animations?
I make dem pictures in Photoshop and put them to AE6, and that takes alot time :s

not bad for what you're doing!

you want to get either flash or toon boom to speed up your animating process

Quasimodoxxx
Quasimodoxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Hi guys,

I was told to post my animation here to look for critique on my latest animation: SNAPSHOT Vol. 2.

• SNAPSHOT Vol. 2
    SNAPSHOT Vol. 2 by Quasimodoxxx

Hunter or hunted?

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Please take a look and let me know what you think, thanks!

(Please vote as well, thank you!)

Jess-The-Dragoon
Jess-The-Dragoon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:38 PM Reply

Hi there,

I just realized that there's actually an Animation Lounge here for animators to post their animations. So here's my latest animation:

• Super Hero Clock Teaser
    Super Hero Clock Teaser by Jess-The-Dragoon

Teaser trailer for Super Hero Clock animation series

Score
    4.11 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

It's basically a teaser trailer for a series I'm making for its old original animation I did way back in 2007:

• Super Hero Clock
    Super Hero Clock by Jess-The-Dragoon

A new mysterious super hero hits the city...

Score
    4.35 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

I'm open to all feedback and comments. Enjoy and don't forget to vote! Thanks! :)

Oh BTW, @Quasimodoxxx: Great flash! Deserves a 5!

Quasimodoxxx
Quasimodoxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 10:38 PM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608160
It's basically a teaser trailer for a series I'm making for its old original animation I did way back in 2007:

Oh BTW, @Quasimodoxxx: Great flash! Deserves a 5!

Thanks, Jess-The-Dragon! I am actually looking forward to the Super Hero Clock! How is it coming along?

Quasimodoxxx
Quasimodoxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 10:38 PM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: Hi there,
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608160

I must say the quality of your frame by frame animation is amazing, so crisp and smooth... You do all the animation alone?

Jess-The-Dragoon
Jess-The-Dragoon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 1/11/13 11:51 PM, Quasimodoxxx wrote: I must say the quality of your frame by frame animation is amazing, so crisp and smooth... You do all the animation alone?

Ya. Thanks for watching it btw. Your animation is pretty exciting too.

Jess-The-Dragoon
Jess-The-Dragoon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 09:07 PM Reply

Hi everybody! Just wanted to make an announcement that my animation entitled 'Jack's Halloween Treats' is one of the finalists for Film Skillet Winter 2012/2013 Animation Contest 2D animation category. There's only 1 more week left to vote. To watch and vote, visit:
http://www.filmskillet.com/films/892-jack-s-halloween-treats
If you like my animation, please vote for it. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:05 AM Reply

Great new tools for animators from Newgrounds this week!

Swivel, created by Mike is hands down the best SWF to video converter on the web. Not only that, but it's free.

AND

The collabinator to find programmers, other animators, and music producers.

JoshiiWah
JoshiiWah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 01:05 AM, Zachary wrote: Great new tools for animators from Newgrounds this week!

Swivel, created by Mike is hands down the best SWF to video converter on the web. Not only that, but it's free.

AND

The collabinator to find programmers, other animators, and music producers.

I couldn't thank him enough for making Swivel, such a time saver! :)

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 08:03 PM Reply

I know most of you probably are aware of the artists post feed, but just in case anyone isn't here is a link.

Post on some blogs and make people feel good! Nothing is better than having someone taking the time to comment on your blog when you are first starting out. Just thought this would be a good way to get a better sense of community flowing.

madeFlash
madeFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Forum Lounge Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 04:46 PM Reply

'ello!

I have been watching different animations on YouTube and on here, Newgrounds.
I mean I have watched animations for like 1 year on YouTube, and I really know alot about popular animators and not so popular animators who comes from Newgrounds.

Few days ago I was wondering do I have any skills to do some kinda animation.
[It's here]

What you guys think? :3
Yeah I know it's short, but I think it's pretty good for FIRST? :D

(Sorry for my english, I'm so tired now that I can't think am I writing wrong... )