00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art Thread

22,497 Views | 122 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Art Thread 2011-09-07 23:07:35

I've been member of Newgrounds since '06 and I've been hovering the art forum for a while. I've submitted my stuff in various contests and art topics but I never made my own art thread.....until now.

Here's my first piece, a cartoon I did a couple weeks ago.

My Art Thread

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-08 13:36:34

Interesting, it leads me to wonder about the context. There are a lot of basic shapes in your character's design. His pose isn't really interesting, though. I want to see you do something in that style with a more dynamic pose, or even with some perspective with foreshortening and all that.

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-08 16:39:38

At 9/8/11 01:36 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Interesting, it leads me to wonder about the context. There are a lot of basic shapes in your character's design. His pose isn't really interesting, though. I want to see you do something in that style with a more dynamic pose, or even with some perspective with foreshortening and all that.

Thanks for the critic SuperBastard. This is why I decided to create my own art thread to see what the NG community think about my art and how I can improve.

I'm just developing this style, so I don't have many pieces to show but I'll try to update this very often.

Here's another one, I know is a little flat but like I said I'm just working in developing a style.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-08 17:00:31

At 9/8/11 04:39 PM, creepyboy wrote:
Thanks for the critic SuperBastard. This is why I decided to create my own art thread to see what the NG community think about my art and how I can improve.

I'm just developing this style, so I don't have many pieces to show but I'll try to update this very often.

Here's another one, I know is a little flat but like I said I'm just working in developing a style.

Not a problem, I'm happy to try and help, and it seems others around here are as well. Looks like we're both new here and looking for the same things so I know precisely what you mean.

In response to your new drawing, I'm digging the humor and it maintains the style you've established with the first one, but once again the pose could do with a little bit of tweaking. It's not a particularly interesting picture, since the pose is so static, and the only interaction between the guy and the bee, besides the text bubble, is that the guy is looking at the bee. Other than that, they seem totally disconnected in space and the composition becomes weaker because of it. Try redrawing it with the guy interacting with the bee in some way, like trying to swat it or running away from it or something, so that the bee has more of a presence and the guy isn't quite as static.

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-08 17:02:19

Oops, I'm sorry if I sounded presumptuous when I said "looks like we're both new here," I just meant that we're both starting our own art threads, not that you're a newbie to the site like I am!

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-08 20:41:12

Your two pieces you've submitted seem to be just your basic shapes.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-09 01:32:12

At 9/8/11 05:00 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
In response to your new drawing, I'm digging the humor and it maintains the style you've established with the first one, but once again the pose could do with a little bit of tweaking. It's not a particularly interesting picture, since the pose is so static, and the only interaction between the guy and the bee, besides the text bubble, is that the guy is looking at the bee. Other than that, they seem totally disconnected in space and the composition becomes weaker because of it. Try redrawing it with the guy interacting with the bee in some way, like trying to swat it or running away from it or something, so that the bee has more of a presence and the guy isn't quite as static.

Well, the idea (totally random btw) was an awkward moment between the guy and the bee, nothing special. Still, I'll take note of your suggestions and make more dynamic stuff.

At 9/8/11 08:41 PM, J-Rex wrote: Your two pieces you've submitted seem to be just your basic shapes.

I basically use the usual geometric forms to create cartoonish characters but I'm working to make them look a little less "square". Thanks for the critic.

--

Here's another piece. This one keeps the same style of the previous ones, but hey, there's a difference, it's a girl.

I'm working on making more dynamic characters. I'll post my progress soon.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-10 20:40:32

At 9/9/11 01:32 AM, creepyboy wrote:
I'm working on making more dynamic characters. I'll post my progress soon.

I see much potential with this last one, keep going dude!!

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-21 23:19:57

At 9/10/11 08:40 PM, LuckyDesign wrote:
I see much potential with this last one, keep going dude!!

Thanks man, I'm working really hard and I have a bunch of cool sketches but I don't have a scanner or a decent camera, still I hope to keep submitting stuff.

Here's an unused character for a game project I was working. It's not my best, but I liked it.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-24 00:04:08

WIP

I keep my practice drawing female, and I came out with this quirky girl. The pose is really funny, it seems like she's practicing capoeira.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-27 12:39:56

My quirky girl drawing is (almost) finished.

I'd like some feedback on this, anything to add? anything to fix?. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-27 14:30:12

At 9/27/11 12:39 PM, creepyboy wrote: My quirky girl drawing is (almost) finished.
I'd like some feedback on this, anything to add? anything to fix?. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

I think this is pretty cool, so good job on that! Her left tit is a bit wonky, pointed. The way you simplified her hands don't really works for me. I have no problem with abstrahizing hands per se (although they can convey a lot, so you might not want to close of the option of using them) but you don't have to make them into shovels.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-09-27 23:24:40

At 9/27/11 02:30 PM, J-qb wrote:
I think this is pretty cool, so good job on that!

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Her left tit is a bit wonky, pointed.

Noted. I'm fixing it.

The way you simplified her hands don't really works for me. I have no problem with abstrahizing hands per se (although they can convey a lot, so you might not want to close of the option of using them) but you don't have to make them into shovels.

Drawing hands is a pain in the ass for me, I know they're very important and they can express a lot, but due to my difficulty to draw 'em I have to simplify them. I know I still have to practice very hard.

Thanks for the advises.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-02 19:45:37

Time to update this baby.

I finally got some time to finish my quirky girl, I followed J-qb's advice and fix her left boob. I really like who it turned out. Any feedback would be truly appreciated.

BIGGER VERSION HERE!!!

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-02 21:00:27

Whoah, I'm getting flashbacks to Clone High!

Great style dude, are you planning on animating them?

Check out my experimenting tech blog @ http://tekkmonkey.blogspot.com/

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-03 16:53:14

At 10/2/11 09:00 PM, XDrako wrote: Whoah, I'm getting flashbacks to Clone High!

This style I'm developing is highly influenced by that retro style of Clone High and other similar cartoons. Glad you noticed it.

Great style dude, are you planning on animating them?

Thank you. I'll may do some animation for Halloween, I'm not sure yet.

--

Here's a quicky. Made in a couple of hours using Flash. I'd like to know whay you guys think.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-03 17:18:27

Ah, I'm thinking the slanty eyes are a bit too much.
Also, the lines in the neck: either stick to just the sternocleidomastoid muscles (google it), or draw the adam's apple.

Keep it simple and your art will consistently flourish.

My Art Thread

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-03 18:16:26

At 10/3/11 05:18 PM, XDrako wrote: Ah, I'm thinking the slanty eyes are a bit too much.
Also, the lines in the neck: either stick to just the sternocleidomastoid muscles (google it), or draw the adam's apple.

Keep it simple and your art will consistently flourish.

I fixed the lines on the neck and the adam's apple as you suggested. I'm really happy with the eyes so I just let them that way.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep working hard and improving.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-03 18:20:30

Lol, I meant one or the other for the neck lines, you have it too busy in there.

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-03 19:09:51

At 10/3/11 06:20 PM, XDrako wrote: Lol, I meant one or the other for the neck lines, you have it too busy in there.

You're right. I suppressed the adam's apple. It looked like he was swallowing and he's supposed to have the lemon in his mouth. Thanks again for the advice.

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-03 19:13:13

oops, forgot pic.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-07 02:23:08

Looking better. Keep it up.

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-10 19:16:18

At 10/7/11 02:23 AM, XDrako wrote: Looking better. Keep it up.

Thanks man.

Here's a quickie of Walter "Heisenberg" White from the awesome tv show Breaking Bad. I'm so thrilled about the season 4 finale that I HAD to do this piece of fan-art.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-13 01:26:54

This thread is amazing. Your creations are source of inspiration to every art lover.

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-18 18:36:34

At 10/13/11 01:26 AM, toddler20 wrote: This thread is amazing. Your creations are source of inspiration to every art lover.

Wow. Thanks a lot for those kind words.

--

I've been very busy those last weeks, but I always try to make something.

Here's Patrick Star. Not my best, not my worst, just something I did for fun. I also made Spengebab (dark version of SpongeBob) for this thread a long time ago.

I'm working on more stuff, so I'll be updating this thread more often with better art.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-10-30 19:00:18

WIP

Slurpee Zombie. If I finish it on time I'll may submit it to the Halloween art contest.
Any critic, suggestion and feedback is truly appreciated.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-09 19:10:31

More Breaking Bad fan art. A drawing of DEA Agent Hank Schrader.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-09 19:16:00

Character based on a good friend of mine.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-10 22:50:56

I really admire your style, I'm a fan of Simplistic-yet-Awesome Drawings. Keep the good work up.

He's right behind you... And he's got donuts :3

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-12 00:34:54

Nice characters :)

My art thread!

Clicky for my DA!

BBS Signature