00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art Thread

22,474 Views | 122 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-28 19:17:35

At 11/10/11 10:50 PM, oscar11122 wrote: I really admire your style, I'm a fan of Simplistic-yet-Awesome Drawings. Keep the good work up.
At 11/12/11 12:34 AM, 3abden wrote: Nice characters :)

Thank you both for your kind words. I'll keep working and improving.

--

Holy Mistakes Batman! You're wearing the wrong cape!

A Batman cartoon I made Inspired on this mistaged plushie I got.

Any feedback is appreciated.

My Art Thread

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-28 20:12:06

At 11/28/11 07:17 PM, creepyboy wrote: Any feedback is appreciated.

the superman logo has to follow the folds on his cape. and the cape has to follow the shape of his back. look at the picture i uploaded, im guessing that is where his back is if you could see through his cape right? you get my point?

also, it looks like he's surprised by something out of view and not the cape. i would also suggest making him look even more shocked than he does. because if you remove the yellow stuff 'round his head it looks like he's just saying hello to his good ol buddy robin. not sure how you're going to do that without pupils though. oh and, some shading wouldnt hurt either :-)

My Art Thread

when life gives you lemons

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-28 23:45:21

At 11/28/11 08:12 PM, Daagah wrote:
the superman logo has to follow the folds on his cape. and the cape has to follow the shape of his back. look at the picture i uploaded, im guessing that is where his back is if you could see through his cape right? you get my point?

I got your point. I fixed the caped and now it follows the shape of his back and I did my best with the logo. That Superman logo is harder to draw that you could think.

also, it looks like he's surprised by something out of view and not the cape. i would also suggest making him look even more shocked than he does. because if you remove the yellow stuff 'round his head it looks like he's just saying hello to his good ol buddy robin. not sure how you're going to do that without pupils though. oh and, some shading wouldnt hurt either :-)

That's the big problem with masked superheroes, is a pain in the ass to make them show emotions, at least Batman has his mouth uncovered and I can make him expressing surprise using his mouth and that's why I remade it more open and showing more teeth (this is the only reference I found of Batman surprised, see that it also uses the yellow lines to express surprise). And I also add some shading.

Thanks a lot Daagah for all the advice.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-11-29 21:39:48

Something outta boredom.
A quickie of Perry The Platypus from Phineas and Ferb in my own style.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-12-05 23:21:30

A stupid drawing I did for this thread in general, it's lame but I kind of liked it, so I thought "what the hell, I'm gonna post it on the art forum".

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-12-06 09:43:27

At 12/5/11 11:21 PM, creepyboy wrote: A stupid drawing I did for this thread in general, it's lame but I kind of liked it, so I thought "what the hell, I'm gonna post it on the art forum".

You can't make magic without thumbs :O

Response to My Art Thread 2011-12-06 19:51:47

At 12/6/11 09:43 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/5/11 11:21 PM, creepyboy wrote: A stupid drawing I did for this thread in general, it's lame but I kind of liked it, so I thought "what the hell, I'm gonna post it on the art forum".
You can't make magic without thumbs :O

You're right. Now the magic is more powerful (not really).

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-12-19 20:51:40

I got so excited about the new trailer of The Dark Knight Rises that I feel the urge to make something Batman related (again). Here's the result, not my best, but I had to do it.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2011-12-21 16:32:10

At 12/19/11 08:51 PM, creepyboy wrote: I got so excited about the new trailer of The Dark Knight Rises that I feel the urge to make something Batman related (again). Here's the result, not my best, but I had to do it.

hehe it was cute, pretty good if you ask me.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-13 22:35:29

FIRST POST OF 2012!!!!!! I hope I can post more and better stuff this year, but for now, here's a quicky (and quirky) fan art of Link from The Legend of Zelda.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-15 16:10:41

WIP

Here's something I've been working in the last couple hours. I really like to draw females, but I'm still not good at it but I think I'm improving a little bit.

Any suggestions? What can I do to improve it? I'd appreciate some feedback on this.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-15 20:38:55

At 1/15/12 04:10 PM, creepyboy wrote: Any suggestions? What can I do to improve it? I'd appreciate some feedback on this.

First thing I noticed is that her arms are different lengths.

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-15 21:46:16

At 1/15/12 08:38 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/15/12 04:10 PM, creepyboy wrote: Any suggestions? What can I do to improve it? I'd appreciate some feedback on this.

Hey, not all of us are lucky enough to be born with arms the same length, ever thought of that? God, the intolerance of Newgrounds!

You may want to spend some time working on creating basic human figures proportionately before you continue with your cartoon work. I realize that you WANT to draw cartoon figures and want to improve your style, but trust me, if you work on your anatomy and proportions, it will pay off in higher quality characters. Also, you might want to take a look at this while you are at it:
http://tracyjb.deviantart.com/art/Lackad aisy-Expressions-193978013

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-16 18:15:12

At 1/15/12 08:38 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

Fixed her arms and other couple of details.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-16 18:26:54

At 1/15/12 09:46 PM, cmkinusn wrote:
You may want to spend some time working on creating basic human figures proportionately before you continue with your cartoon work. I realize that you WANT to draw cartoon figures and want to improve your style, but trust me, if you work on your anatomy and proportions, it will pay off in higher quality characters. Also, you might want to take a look at this while you are at it:
http://tracyjb.deviantart.com/art/Lackad aisy-Expressions-193978013

Thanks for the advice. I never been really good drawing human figure, I could dust a couple of anatomy books I have and practice again. And thanks a lot for that tutorial, I haven't use it yet, but I've been practicing expressions in the last few days. Here are some of them, I was also trying a different style.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-16 18:34:15

About the female, she needs to have her curves continue, someone's chest doesn't just loose it's shape once it's clothed. Good, great, clean work, but it seems too much like a shape instead of a torso, it need more shaping and the like. I'm sorry if I'm not making sense here, but that's my input. You are great, by the way.

War does not determine who is right, only who is left.~Bertrand Russel

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-23 18:11:44

My sexy girl is now colored. I think I fixed all the details and it looks good now.
I'd appreciate some feedback.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-23 18:40:28

i see you've been working with characters alot, i don't think it would hurt to put some type of background to give them a little more character. I like your nice simple style, people have mentioned about anatomy and stuff so no reason to getting into that. keep up the good work man, the gal looks great.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-24 21:29:27

I finally finish my pretty gal. It took me a little more time that I thought, but I like the result. Thanks again to all the good folks of the art forum who gave me a lot of useful advice and feedback.

Bigger Version

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-01-29 21:41:55

Boredom strikes again. I trace this crappy doodle made especially for this thread in the general forum, I was gonna make just the tracing, but it got out of control and it became on a full piece (it's my wallpaper right now).
BIGGER VERSION.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-02-05 20:10:43

What time is it???!!! ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

Now we know why Finn and Jake have so many adventures.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-02-12 19:15:55

A little something I did for this thread in general. I liked that random idea I had so I decided to fix some details to make look decent.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-03-09 22:33:00

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to present you... FROG BOY!!!!

This was my original idea for the last Friday Flood, but I thought it was too simple so I change it for the frog kissing girl, but I just got bored so I decided to color my little frog boy and share it with you.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-14 18:47:35

At 5/11/12 12:26 PM, Amaranthus wrote: So why doesn't this thread get updated anymore?

Because I haven't enough time to work properly on my art. I always carry a sketchbook with me and I sketch and doodle a lot, but I don't have a scanner or a decent camera to showcase the stuff I make on my sketchbook. The only full pieces I've made in the last couple of months are for the latest Friday Floods and a for the upcoming Emoticon Collab.

But if you insist, I'll post a couple of silly things I made last weekend. Here's a dumb, quick self portrait I made for my user icon and my Facebook profile pic.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-14 18:51:03

And this one was originally for the emoticon collab, but Spags suggested me that I should start from scratch because it wasn't good enough, and I agree. This one was supposed that would be never seen by anybody but me, but I post it just for the sake of updating this thread.

Hopefully I'll keep updating this with better stuff.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-20 19:08:27

WIP

Something I just started working on. Any feedback?

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-20 21:10:35

At 5/20/12 07:08 PM, creepyboy wrote: Something I just started working on. Any feedback?

I would suggest reducing the size of the head and neck.

My Art Thread

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-20 22:25:50

At 5/20/12 09:10 PM, heavyrain wrote:
At 5/20/12 07:08 PM, creepyboy wrote: Something I just started working on. Any feedback?
I would suggest reducing the size of the head and neck.

I reduced her head a little but not that much, it would lose a little of the "style". (I also started to add color).
Thanks a lot for the feedback.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-23 14:23:06

I like your art. It is very good.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to My Art Thread 2012-05-24 19:24:07

At 5/24/12 12:02 PM, Kane-Farrell wrote: are you using flash and a line tool? you should probably get a pen tablet, the characters look awfully stiff. i'm sure this problem would go away if you used the brush tools.

but your art looks like it could be great if done right.

Well, I mostly work with line tool and a mouse because it's the only option I have right now, I'd like to buy a tablet but right now I won't, I prefer to improve my lines in pen and paper (I'll show some of my traditional work soon) before buying a tablet; I tested a friend's tablet a couple of times and I didn't feel comfortable working with it.

BBS Signature