00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheDoujinanimator just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hi, may I please have some critique

4,110 Views | 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi, I haven't ever really asked for people's views or critiques upon my drawings before, even though i'm still very young, I still sketch pieces every now and again. I'd very much appreciate any looks at my gallery on NG and some feedback. Thank you for your time guys/gals!

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:19:09

Please kindly post pics in the forum as it is said according to the rules.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:23:15

At 9/5/11 12:15 AM, AcidicSavior wrote: Hi, I haven't ever really asked for people's views or critiques upon my drawings before, even though i'm still very young, I still sketch pieces every now and again. I'd very much appreciate any looks at my gallery on NG and some feedback. Thank you for your time guys/gals!

You should post your pics directly in the thread. People are more likely to take the time to comment that way.

I took a peek at your stuff. It's pretty cool. You draw your wrists very thick, I thought, although it looks like it might be a stylistic thing. You have sort of a comic book meets cartoon vibe.

I would like to see a little more contrast - darker darks. Would be cool to see some colour too,

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:25:42

Here's one :)
Sorry.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:27:14

Thank you, ^^ hoping to get you know what'd since I have 4 pics up now, but I don't want to jinx it or sound desperate.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:28:12

At 9/5/11 12:25 AM, AcidicSavior wrote: Here's one :)
Sorry.

This was my favorite one. I like how his chest opens up and that energy/smoke is coming out/in. Wanna tell us more about your character?

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:33:46

At 9/5/11 12:28 AM, Sockembop wrote:
Sorry.
This was my favorite one. I like how his chest opens up and that energy/smoke is coming out/in. Wanna tell us more about your character?

Oh man, I could just go on for a few hours when I came up with the story and concept for this guy. If I ever get in a highlighted position and sharpen my abilities more I'll make a mini comic or something. Anyway, to answer your question. He no longer possesses his own body. It's all steel and all that's left is his core/soul keeping him together. It's also his source of energy and must be recharged when depleted; however, he must take a life to do so, but, he is also trying to get his humanity back at the same time.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:36:05

Sorry.

Oh I see you use a scanner. I know this trick to make your pics appear a lot cleaner.

If you have a newly scanned pic, like this one for example you can make it look a lot more cleaner and refined through this trick.

Step 1 : Select Image > Adjustments > Desaturate and the picture loses some colour. Example
Step 2: Again, Select Image > Adjustments but this time click Curves. This will make your picture cleaner. You should see something like this. Example Try to make an S-shape on the line. And it should result to thisHope I helped.

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:43:33

At 9/5/11 12:36 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: And it should result to this

Wow, and all this time I thought you were painstakingly hatching and cross hatching with a pen.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret Deep Dark secret

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 00:50:11

At 9/5/11 12:43 AM, DeepDarkSecret wrote:
At 9/5/11 12:36 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: And it should result to this
Wow, and all this time I thought you were painstakingly hatching and cross hatching with a pen.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

Uh... I do use a pen to painstakingly draw every single line. I just use Photoshop for coloring and adjusting it. The lines are 100% drawn with a pen.

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 01:06:22

Haha, I hope you guys are enjoying my topic. I'm very sorry guys :( I would upload a fantastic picture but it's like 11'x14'. Maybe I can go by staples or something?

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 01:43:23

At 9/5/11 01:06 AM, AcidicSavior wrote: Haha, I hope you guys are enjoying my topic. I'm very sorry guys :( I would upload a fantastic picture but it's like 11'x14'. Maybe I can go by staples or something?

Well keep posting. I like what I see, but would like to see more.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 01:56:13

Oh yes, i'll have to scrounge around and sketch some pieces ^^

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 07:32:46

At 9/5/11 12:19 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: ...according to the rules.

Speaking of rules... you know what they should add?! That anyone that comes in here asking to be scouted... be it blatant begging or just hinting... and anyone that actually scouts that person, be it a reg or random user... should both be unscouted (thereby losing all of their scouts) and banned from the art portal ...for at least a week or two.

Seriously though... why even have a scouting system at all? It's completely useless.

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 07:49:11

At 9/5/11 07:32 AM, Nae wrote: and anyone that actually scouts that person, be it a reg or random user... should both be unscouted (thereby losing all of their scouts) and banned from the art portal ...for at least a week or two.

Should be fun; will you help me send 150 pms to my scouts?
The way I see it; it's the moderator's job to enforce the rules, not users'. If you want to punish someone for asking to be scouted, ban him, make him unscoutable or whatever; don't punish someone for scouting someone that deserves to be scouted based on his art.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 10:45:41

At 9/5/11 07:49 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/5/11 07:32 AM, Nae wrote: and anyone that actually scouts that person, be it a reg or random user... should both be unscouted (thereby losing all of their scouts) and banned from the art portal ...for at least a week or two.
Should be fun; will you help me send 150 pms to my scouts?
The way I see it; it's the moderator's job to enforce the rules, not users'. If you want to punish someone for asking to be scouted, ban him, make him unscoutable or whatever; don't punish someone for scouting someone that deserves to be scouted based on his art.

Thank you J-qb, scouting rules haven't been broking whatsoever here. I've read the rules before even posting this topic, and this topic is merely for critique upon my art.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 11:41:49

At 9/5/11 10:45 AM, AcidicSavior wrote: Thank you J-qb, scouting rules haven't been broking whatsoever here -

Nah, you can't get away with that. You've said:

At 9/5/11 12:27 AM, AcidicSavior wrote: hoping to get you know what'd since I have 4 pics up now

I don't want to escalate this, but you should think before you post.
Since this could have easily lead to a pruning.

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 12:23:34

At 9/5/11 10:45 AM, AcidicSavior wrote:
At 9/5/11 07:49 AM, J-qb wrote: ...don't punish someone for scouting someone that deserves to be scouted based on his art.
Thank you J-qb, scouting rules haven't been broking whatsoever here. I've read the rules before even posting this topic, and this topic is merely for critique upon my art.

I'd like to make clear that my post was merely a reply to nae's post, and didn't reflect my opinion on AcidicSavior's art or wether or not rules were broken in this thread.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 13:32:21

Alright then, there really isn't a need to escalate anything like you said.
My apologies to those I offended, I am now more post weary.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 15:28:52

Back to the art subject... One thing you can do is photocopy the 11x14 art and sale it down about 85 percent to fit 8.5x11.

Or, if you're really adventurous, you can place the drawing over the scanner in pieces, and put them back together in Photoshop.

I'm not a big superhero mega monster fan, but the shading is good and you've got the basics down. Curious to see how these flesh out into something more serious.

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 16:26:21

Thanks, I usually draw off and on, and i've even been to deviantart and have an account there, but I didn't really feel a sense of people actually seeing or taking note to it. NG seems to be a great place with a great community and people actually SEE your art. I believe I feel more compelled to do better now that there's the sense of people actually scoring and critiquing your works. I hope to have support ^^

I wonder what my arts will look like when I master my style as well.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 16:30:20

Sorry.

His right arm seems a bit long. You might wanna look into foreshortening, or study from real life. Unless that's your style.

be my fan... because.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 17:22:42

At 9/5/11 04:30 PM, IloveNantes wrote:
Sorry.
His right arm seems a bit long. You might wanna look into foreshortening, or study from real life. Unless that's your style.

I assume it's style lol but I see it now, I'll work on fixing that thanks for your inpu- (drawing begins to beat AcidicSavior with said right arm)

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-05 17:31:10

Less talk more rock... art, I mean art.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-06 05:38:33

So, does anyone have any tips for me improving my art or where I can improve upon or what to better myself on something in my drawings?

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-06 05:40:12

Any help is fine, I really want to know some tips of the trade. I'm ravenously hungry to get on that front page for some reason.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-09 18:21:28

WIP, sorry guys I was busy with school. Decided to do this, changed it a few tmes, sorry i've never studied anatomy but i'm in a class now in school, we haven't gotten far. Hopefully when we get that fa I can get something out of that. Anyway, kind of stumped as what to do next.

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-09 18:28:49

At 9/9/11 06:21 PM, AcidicSavior wrote: WIP, sorry guys I was busy with school. Decided to do this, changed it a few tmes, sorry i've never studied anatomy but i'm in a class now in school, we haven't gotten far. Hopefully when we get that fa I can get something out of that. Anyway, kind of stumped as what to do next.

You can make it into a giant creature type thing that this guy is trying to overcome or defeat. It looks pretty neat.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-09 18:35:43

At 9/9/11 06:28 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 9/9/11 06:21 PM, AcidicSavior wrote: WIP, sorry guys I was busy with school. Decided to do this, changed it a few tmes, sorry i've never studied anatomy but i'm in a class now in school, we haven't gotten far. Hopefully when we get that fa I can get something out of that. Anyway, kind of stumped as what to do next.
You can make it into a giant creature type thing that this guy is trying to overcome or defeat. It looks pretty neat.

Hmm background could fill that with he body, but it was supposed to be a flying head thing-a-majig lol

Response to Hi, may I please have some critique 2011-09-09 18:52:23

I see, well you have your answer. You should darken the final piece though. Right now since I'm out of good paper I'm working in just pencil too because my markers I have don't go to good with copy paper.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature