00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monster Mash

1,149 Views | 20 Replies

Monster Mash 2011-07-02 10:22:42

Hello All!

Its been a long long while since i've bumped around in the collaboration forums - but recently upon my browsing through i have felt a lack of compelling projects for groups...that said.

I BRING YOU MONSTER MASH

A collaboration for artists to create comedic shorts about classic holloween based monsters/creatures...you get the picture. This is a collaboration for halloween as you may have guessed - SO heres the when and wheres...

What:
A short Comedic piece based around a certain horror/monster/halloween character - -between 15-60 seconds. ALSO a still drawing/avatar for your part that will be used in the "Monster Select Screen" please make it from the waist and up : )

When:
Submission time aims for the FIRST week in october - this gives our collab ample time to sit and simmer in with viewers allowing it to grow in popularity over time (hopefully HEHEHEHEH )

DUE DATE SEPT 24- this is non negotiable

Why:
because i fuckin said so....no but seriously...i dont believe a halloween collaboration has ever been done?

Where:
Fuck where.

Who:
This parts important - if you view some of my previous collabs i try to keep the work to a pretty high standard - please do not request to join if you dont have multiple quality submissions on your page- i honestly dont do this to be some elitist dick - i used to have to grovel to be in collabs and was turned down after starting my own collab threads - its just to ensure a quality final product - thats all

so if you want to join please comment on here and i will definitely check out your stuff!

Specs:
24 FPS
CANVAS 700x450
The piece should be contained in ONE MOVIE CLIP. This is a must.
No sticks, sprites, clocks, locks
The rating will be irrelevant so dont mind including dirty jokes or what have you...! ; )

Now here will be the line up - - each artist may only use one monster/creature as their focus( this does not mean you cant include others but you have to focus on one) i have rallied a list of all the ones i can think of - feel free to suggest you own - i may shoot it down though hehehheheheh(ps i am including m/f for the popular monsters

Vampire(m):
Vampire(f):
Zombie:
Demon(m):
Demon(f):
Werewolf:
Frankenstein:
Bride of Frankenstein:
Mummy:
Ghost:
Skelliton:
Witch:
Death/grim reaper:
BoogeyMan:

(feel free to suggest your own but its preferred that the slots are filled before adding more.

HAPPY MONSTER MASHING!

Monster Mash

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-02 11:09:15

This is an awesome idea! I hope it goes well and I can't wait to see the final product!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-02 12:01:06

I Want to join this!
I'll take... Zombie :D

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-02 23:10:31

At 7/2/11 12:01 PM, Jomillex wrote: I Want to join this!
I'll take... Zombie :D

Alright man - sounds good! make sure its quality.

I'm actually probably going to open up one more Zombie Slot

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 01:35:53

Do you need any voice acting for this collab? If so, pm me and you can see what I can do.

perhaps - you havent got a voice demo - perhaps provide a link and participants will be more willing to contact you :)

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 03:44:35

Your spelling of skeleton was off...

:Just sayin'

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 04:09:00

At 7/3/11 03:44 AM, Wallross wrote: Your spelling of skeleton was off...

Just sayin'

i'll get er' next time

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 05:28:26

I MAY give this a go. I will see what I can produce.

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 10:00:25

I am so in on this! I pick the Boogeyman if that's okay?

I mean, who wouldn't wanna spoof a monster that has no designated apperance, but still tickles children when they go to sleep, I smell a rape victim!

There is no lines put on this right? We can go all out in the animation, or are you keeping it PEGI 13?

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 14:18:39

First post said no limits, MortalFudge.

I want it.

I'll take one Bride of Frankenstein, please.

And if we can have more than one part, I'd like a side of Death.

My dog shits on my keyboard.

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 14:31:38

At 7/3/11 02:18 PM, frameslinger wrote: First post said no limits, MortalFudge.

I want it.

I'll take one Bride of Frankenstein, please.

And if we can have more than one part, I'd like a side of Death.

Sweet, then i'll go with the boogeyman! =D

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 15:23:27

do they all have to be comedic pieces? Also if someone snags a monster you want, is it possible to maybe have two of the same monsters in the collab?

touchin 101

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 15:50:27

I would love to join.
I would like to take skelliton.

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 16:56:44

hmm we have got ALOT of time to make these!
I have a feeling there will be alot of High Quality entries.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 17:16:22

Wow, this collab couldn't have came at a worse time for me.

I'll will be watching over this collab. And if everything goes right for me, I'll definitely join.

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 18:45:07

I think I can try animating for this collab, but I'm not sure yet, I'll have to think it over some more (plus I'm not that experienced in animating anyway so I'd probably be rejected anyway lol).

Anyway, I will be willing to lend my voice to anyone who needs one in this collab. I'm pretty sure RedHarvest can vouch for my quality of voice acting =P

If testimonial from Harvest isn't enough for you, I've got my demo right here for anyone who want to hear for themselves!

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 19:01:41

hey gaiz - ill be out for a few days for the fourth but keep posting about shit - i will adress all posts when i RETURN!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-03 20:58:21

At 7/3/11 07:01 PM, RedHarvest wrote: but keep posting about shit

About shit? err uh okay.
Shit or scientifically speaking Fecal Matter.
is a waste product from an animal's digestive tract expelled through the anus or cloaca during defecation.
Hows that? :o

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-04 01:44:02

At 7/3/11 08:58 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 7/3/11 07:01 PM, RedHarvest wrote: but keep posting about shit
About shit? err uh okay.
Shit or scientifically speaking Fecal Matter.
is a waste product from an animal's digestive tract expelled through the anus or cloaca during defecation.
Hows that? :o

No that kind of shit, it has to be about the collab. (I know it's a joke lol)

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-04 16:12:08

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Monster Mash 2011-07-11 03:37:40

A few of the signed-on artists have dropped out, so RedHarvest has requested a lock for this collab.

MASHED

BBS Signature