00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Itspanzinobro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Navy win Team 6

824 Views | 14 Replies

Navy win Team 6 2011-05-26 13:23:16

Good new at last. After Disney filed for the trademark of SEAL Team 6, the Navy filed for Navy SEALS and SEAL Team. Thanks to public outrage against Disney, they surrendered the trademarks to the Navy. Hopefully this means there won't be some awful reenactment movie coming up.

Link

<(ò_ó)>

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-26 13:44:38

About time, It would just sound too weird for a family company like Disney to trademark a codename of war. I would have imagined that the Navy should've done that in the first place, considering that it was a Navy SEAL operation after all.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-26 13:47:08

Good to see that they gave the rights back, I guess the negative reactions of alot of people helped to make this decision.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-26 14:36:54

So there might just be hope for humanity after all...

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-26 14:39:06

At 5/26/11 02:36 PM, Spikrodd wrote: So there might just be hope for humanity after all...

No.

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-26 14:55:09

I'm glad they got this back. It really angered me that Disney of all things would get a hold of one of the most bad ass possible names for a movie due to recent events.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-27 15:59:17

I'm surprised they thought they had a shot. Everyone knows you don't fuck with the military.

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-27 16:23:05

I thought that the contents of government programs (other than classified material) was public domain. Since the tax payers fund those programs.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-27 16:37:34

I still wonder why the fuck Disney wanted the rights to it in the first place.

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-27 17:17:30

At 5/26/11 01:44 PM, orangebomb wrote: I would have imagined that the Navy should've done that in the first place, considering that it was a Navy SEAL operation after all.

I would imagine that they shouldn't have to... ever. Clearly the Navy had the name "Seal Team 6" first... why Disney thinks they can come in, steal the name, and make it theirs I have no idea.

I thought you owned something the moment you came up with it... the problem is being able to prove you came up with it first... thus patents and trademarks. But in this case, it's clear the Navy had it first so it should automatically belong to them.

Really... what the fuck does Disney want with a Navy Seal Team? The straight to DVD release of Bambi 7 is going to be some fucked up shit.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-27 17:49:45

Disney is smart not to fuck with the guys who train every day to go and carry out the most dangerous missions we can think up for them.

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-27 17:55:00

At 5/26/11 01:23 PM, Yuan-Ti wrote: Good new at last. After Disney filed for the trademark of SEAL Team 6, the Navy filed for Navy SEALS and SEAL Team. Thanks to public outrage against Disney, they surrendered the trademarks to the Navy. Hopefully this means there won't be some awful reenactment movie coming up.

Link

Navy: We'll ask you,.. politely... hand over the trade mark to SEAL team 6!

Disney: NEVER!!!!

Navy: Ch-chk.

Disney: >.>...<.<....Here ya go.

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-30 22:59:58

At 5/27/11 05:17 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote:
At 5/26/11 01:44 PM, orangebomb wrote: I would have imagined that the Navy should've done that in the first place, considering that it was a Navy SEAL operation after all.
I would imagine that they shouldn't have to... ever. Clearly the Navy had the name "Seal Team 6" first... why Disney thinks they can come in, steal the name, and make it theirs I have no idea.

My guess would be that the Navy didn't get the chance to copyright the name Seal Team 6 because they didn't know 100% that Bin Laden was there, {and luckily he was there.} And by the time that they could celebrate, Disney swoop in and took the name. Until someone copyrights a name of a group or a person, then it is technically under public domain, I think.

Really... what the fuck does Disney want with a Navy Seal Team? The straight to DVD release of Bambi 7 is going to be some fucked up shit.

I would imagine that they would make Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy as Navy SEALs going to Pakistan and finding Pete Bin Laden, and it would really be fucked up for sure.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-30 23:07:16

I would still want to punch those Disney fuckers in the face.Slut bitches!

Response to Navy win Team 6 2011-05-30 23:08:56

At 5/26/11 02:39 PM, sharingankakashi13 wrote:
At 5/26/11 02:36 PM, Spikrodd wrote: So there might just be hope for humanity after all...
No.

As long as were here, there's hope

I don't hate anybody. even if you occasionally piss me off.

The Man who made my Sig

I am a huge brony.

BBS Signature