00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,373 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 00:10:05

At 4/27/11 10:33 PM, unconsidered wrote: Demon's Souls lost it's appeal when Atlus took the servers down, I don't know how I can beat many bosses in the game without someone distracting while others attack.

The server's aren't offline yet. And you just suck at the game if you can't solo it.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 00:14:00

At 4/28/11 12:10 AM, Yokumashu wrote:
At 4/27/11 10:33 PM, unconsidered wrote: Demon's Souls lost it's appeal when Atlus took the servers down, I don't know how I can beat many bosses in the game without someone distracting while others attack.
The server's aren't offline yet. And you just suck at the game if you can't solo it.

What? Atlus stated that the servers would be down in March.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 00:56:46

At 4/28/11 12:14 AM, unconsidered wrote: What? Atlus stated that the servers would be down in March.

they pushed it forward to "late 2011/2012"

I'm guessing they'll cut it off when Dark Souls Releases.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 01:43:17

At 4/28/11 12:03 AM, Peony wrote: Hold that thought, put it in your signature, and PM me the next time Xbox Live has some form of network-based issue that shuts everything down for a week - or the next time DLC crashes a game or the hardware itself has some kind of intermittent issue that causes the owner to replace their unit entirely.

At least in all of those scenarios an users' personal info would be safe.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 02:23:37

Off the Playstation blog. Good comment I thought.

"Can everyone stop the chickenlittling already? Of the 77 million, a chunk of those are dupe accounts. Change your password, cancel your CC if you're extra paranoid, not 16 and living in your mom's basement. The hyperbole of the internet and the loud-mouthed trolls barking from behind their computer screens are deplorable. I'm pretty sure that everyone's name, address and date of birth are already on a thousand sites and data repositories across the web BEFORE this incident ever occurred. The only really concern is CC info, which, as I've already stated, you can rectify by calling the appropriate financial institution (and it looks as if that info is safe anyhow)."

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 02:56:40

At 4/28/11 01:43 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: At least in all of those scenarios an users' personal info would be safe.

Etch, at first I was for your comments, thinking you had some backbone to your argument, now I realize you qualify as an Xbox fanboy just using this as a reason to "prove Xbox is better". Seriously, XBL is not some sacred service that is untouchable, for all you know some information has been stolen but not on this scale. Oh and this isn't you "flexing your Xbox knowledge" either because you can't say without a doubt your information is 100% safe with Microsoft, no information via the internet is 100% safe. Bank's have state of the art "security" and are constantly broken into and have information constantly being stolen. Take your fanboy somewhere else honestly because now your only producing stupidity filled comments and repeating the same thing over and over again.

The majority of people act like this was Sony's intention, they took their servers down and have been losing profit every minute because of this to right their "wrong".
Popquiz
So a friend borrows you his gaming console (information). A few days after having brought it to your house, a thief (hackers) breaks in and steals it. Should your friend be pissed at you (Sony) or the thief (hackers)? If you said you (Sony) then your a dumb ass and just need to leave. I'm also sick of people saying how easy it was for the hackers, if it was so easy do it, do it yourself. Bet you can't, not because you "don't want to" but because you literally can't.

God the stupidity of some of you NG members is astonishing, your the type of idiots who if they dropped some fresh coffee on themselves, would sue the place where they got it from for not putting a label that stated it was hot on it.

I also hope that "lawsuit" get's thrown out, people are just wow.

Oh and whats with people thinking this has anything to do with Geohotz releasing how to "jailbreak" the PS3, pretty sure the hackers didn't use a PS3 as their hacking tool.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 05:42:50

Got that e-mail "apology" from Sony last night. I'm still frustrated by the situation but at least I've got nothing to worry about now that my passwords are changed and I've been assured that my bank details are safe. And so long as my online stats for Killzone, CoD etc are intact then I'm OK.

Also, 10 pages. Keep it as clean as you can please.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 09:03:06

At 4/28/11 02:56 AM, zooos wrote: Popquiz
So a friend borrows you his gaming console (information). A few days after having brought it to your house, a thief (hackers) breaks in and steals it. Should your friend be pissed at you (Sony) or the thief (hackers)? If you said you (Sony) then your a dumb ass and just need to leave. I'm also sick of people saying how easy it was for the hackers, if it was so easy do it, do it yourself. Bet you can't, not because you "don't want to" but because you literally can't.

It's a lot more like your friend lent you a console that you then left on a table by an open window, before going on holiday and not locking your doors.

In which case, yeah, it's entirely your fault, just like this is Sony's. Having personal information unencrypted on the servers of one of the largest gaming companies in the world in 2011 is inexcusable.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 09:23:35

At 4/28/11 09:19 AM, IrishGun wrote: The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

What do the words "was not encrypted" mean in your world?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 09:38:53

At 4/28/11 09:23 AM, TheMaster wrote: What do the words "was not encrypted" mean in your world?

I was going to say 'at least they tried to protect the personal data', but I forgot.

Feel free to ridicule me on not reading it thoroughly, though.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 09:40:46

At 4/28/11 09:03 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's a lot more like your friend lent you a console that you then left on a table by an open window, before going on holiday and not locking your doors.

In which case, yeah, it's entirely your fault, just like this is Sony's. Having personal information unencrypted on the servers of one of the largest gaming companies in the world in 2011 is inexcusable.
At 4/28/11 09:03 AM, TheMaster wrote: Having personal information unencrypted on the servers of one of the largest gaming companies in the world in 2011 is inexcusable.

Ha many companies don't bother encrypting the standard pieces of personal information. Including governments. That time when one of the UK government bodies lost 2 discs and another body lost a laptop with data of over millions of names and addresses of UK citizens and that data was not encrypted.

This to me, you and many other people shouldn't bother you. This can happen to anyone and its happened to me in the past even with a reputable company. The rate of data being stolen in increasing nowadays and I think its about time company's should take better responsibility of its customers data.

With me saying this I'm not gonna go all noob like and end up buying an XBox because of this. People should just get a grip. People who think they will get cash compensation well they'll end up getting it if anything fraudulent happens to them but knowing Sony they probably offer something related to the PSN Store for everyone else.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 10:42:08

Heard that some services will be back by 3rd May at the earliest. Only another week guys.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 11:22:32

At 4/28/11 10:42 AM, Quinny wrote: Heard that some services will be back by 3rd May at the earliest. Only another week guys.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Just imagine that glorious day where you finally get to update your trophies. ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 13:02:47

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have unthorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 14:41:50

At 4/28/11 02:56 AM, zooos wrote: Etch, at first I was for your comments, thinking you had some backbone to your argument, now I realize you qualify as an Xbox fanboy just using this as a reason to "prove Xbox is better". Seriously, XBL is not some sacred service that is untouchable, for all you know some information has been stolen but not on this scale. Oh and this isn't you "flexing your Xbox knowledge" either because you can't say without a doubt your information is 100% safe with Microsoft, no information via the internet is 100% safe. Bank's have state of the art "security" and are constantly broken into and have information constantly being stolen.

You are reading too deep into that post. I was going to add "lol" at the end of that post, but I had already hit "Post It!"

Read the post I replied to. A condensed form would be "yeah you can defend Sony when XBL has network issues and goes down, or a dlc breaks a game, or a hardware issue."

I then posted that "at least everyone's info would be safe in those scenarios." Nothing else. I emphasized the important part for you.

Take your fanboy somewhere else honestly because now your only producing stupidity filled comments and repeating the same thing over and over again.

Actually that is what I wanted to accomplish in this thread.

Since you seem to be legitimately angry with the "fanboys" in this thread, you are oblivious to how nearly everyone who is "praising" XBL (including me) in this thread are trolling. You sound as though I don't care about the breach but I do, just not on a personal level. Its just easier and fun to crack jokes and stir up the serious folk.

Get your panties out of a bunch and chillax.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 14:55:42

It's all fun & games till servers are down for longer then a day let's go to past when XBL went down for 2 weeks xD anyway the only info i hav eon the psn is stuff from my address 2 years ago/ a debit card i canned some time ago so yeah glad i like gaming on xbox/pc more the my ps3 :).

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 15:20:51

At 4/28/11 11:22 AM, illuminate wrote: Just imagine that glorious day where you finally get to update your trophies. ^_^

Haven't had the inclination to get any since it went down. Lack of Killzone is starting to do my head in :(

HACKERS, Y U NO HACK XBOX LIVE INSTEAD?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 15:56:08

At 4/28/11 03:30 PM, mushroomn wrote: Nintendo online service never goes down LOL

Cause no one bothers with it in the first place LOL

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 16:10:19

At 4/28/11 02:41 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Since you seem to be legitimately angry with the "fanboys" in this thread, you are oblivious to how nearly everyone who is "praising" XBL (including me) in this thread are trolling. You sound as though I don't care about the breach but I do, just not on a personal level. Its just easier and fun to crack jokes and stir up the serious folk.

Get your panties out of a bunch and chillax.

Sorry I like my panties and thongs so far up my ass when I cough laces come out, thats my preference. And not angry, just annoyed which I guess could be interpreted as a form of anger. Also "trolling" isn't an excuse and I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people "praising xbl" aren't trolling but legitimately Xbox 360 fanboys that think one day the Xbox will cure cancer.

I don't see how someone can care about something but not a personal level, unless you mean that since you have an Xbox your not effected by this, and whether or not you care isn't my problem nor my concern, I'm just sick of the stupidity flying around. "Its just easier and fun to crack jokes and stir up the serious folk.", now that's just a cop out, you mine as well say "I don't have anything meaningful or intelligent to bring to the discussion so I'll settle for jokes and "trolling".

But whatever, I think I'll upgrade from panties to hamsters, seems like a logical step in progression.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 16:20:19

At 4/28/11 09:03 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's a lot more like your friend lent you a console that you then left on a table by an open window, before going on holiday and not locking your doors.

I'll say that Sony was in the wrong in some circumstances but not to the extent they are being blamed for and it's not like the file was accessible to anybody at anytime, which would make your version of my statement right, like they said it was behind a security system. You also act as if the hackers wouldn't of been able to decrypt the data, like encrypted data is some god-like protection that no one can bypass.

So, It's more like a friend borrowed you his console, you placed it next to your TV and while you were gone someone broke into your house, did some snooping and spotted it and decided to take it. Then your friend started blaming you because you didn't have it in a locked safe with the security system from Mission Impossible.

Also, why does everyone assume the hacker's had it easy, I mean honestly use some common sense. And if you really do think they had it easy, again go ahead and hack into PSN like they did and steal the information they did, since it's so easy and Sony "handed them the key".

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 17:10:34

Lol, my brother heard from the guy who owns a local game shop that Sony could be shutting down the PSN for up to a year and when it's back you'll have to pay. So he went out and sold his PS3 and bought a XBOX 360. No matter how many people told him his information was wrong he wouldn't listen. Dumbass.He has also been telling me since this happened that Netflix does is down no matter how many times I tell him my friends say it does work. Cmon, Deric. Cmon.

PSN down for up to 2 days

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 17:51:41

At 4/28/11 03:56 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 4/28/11 03:30 PM, mushroomn wrote: Nintendo online service never goes down LOL
Cause no one bothers with it in the first place LOL

Of course. What would hackers gain from hacking the Nintendo servers? The guys who run XBL and PSN constantly pisses people off. This isn't the case with Nintendo.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 17:53:15

Good news if your buying new games, you don't need to be connected to PSN to update a game. You know when you get a game and it says "new version is available"? V.1.3 or whatever. The game will still update without use of PSN. It's good news for me anyways, I just borrowed heavenly sword and the second I saw the "new version is available" screen I went AWWWWWW!!!!! But then it downloaded and I was like "YES!"

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 20:28:22

At 4/28/11 05:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: Good news if your buying new games, you don't need to be connected to PSN to update a game. You know when you get a game and it says "new version is available"? V.1.3 or whatever. The game will still update without use of PSN. It's good news for me anyways, I just borrowed heavenly sword and the second I saw the "new version is available" screen I went AWWWWWW!!!!! But then it downloaded and I was like "YES!"

Yea, I've known that since I first got the PS3. But I do wonder if I'm the only person who still had the "Other OS" option. I got MK9 recently and had to update and got a pop-up that talked about losing "Other OS" if I updated and such, shows how long it's been since I've played it.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 20:41:38

At 4/28/11 04:10 PM, zooos wrote: Also "trolling" isn't an excuse and I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people "praising xbl" aren't trolling but legitimately Xbox 360 fanboys that think one day the Xbox will cure cancer.

Well if you want to assume so. You must be really annoyed by these simple words if you want to throw in angry sarcasm like "they think xbox will cure cancer". So I repeat myself by saying: chillax.

"Its just easier and fun to crack jokes and stir up the serious folk.", now that's just a cop out, you mine as well say "I don't have anything meaningful or intelligent to bring to the discussion so I'll settle for jokes and "trolling".

Meh, I've posted a couple fresh and relevant things in this thread that have nothing to do with Xbox. Being without a PS3 there isn't much I could possibly contribute aside from info I come across. So it was either ignore the thread or have fun and anger others.

Besides, having fun in a thread is hell of a lot better than getting annoyed and bitchy in a thread. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 20:50:23

On the not-replying-to-silly-people front: Supposedly the hacked database is being auctioned off.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 21:34:47

IGN's becomerealcreative on who or what may actually have been the cause of this "hackdown".

Get a load of this.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 21:46:09

At 4/28/11 09:34 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: IGN's become real creative on who or what may actually have been the cause of this "hackdown".

Get a load of this.

It's basically saying a member (or members) of the Xbox Live community may have hacked PSN. That's actually quite believable. That, or a member of Sony got fired a few days prior, was butthurt and decided to ragehack.

But I'd say the latter is probably true, most Xbox Live members only know how to hack by spending hours guessing someone's password.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-28 22:29:28

At first I was ok with it but i'm kinda getting annoyed too. I been playing Just Cause 2 for a week now. I would like to go back to black ops. I would play solo zombies but i'm pretty sure i could never beat my high scores.