00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

takoluka just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread

5,174 Views | 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread 2011-06-01 19:45:32

At 6/1/11 07:43 PM, Nighthawk27 wrote: FUUUCCKKK
I was too late.
Oh well, thats what I get XD I don't want to break the rules of 3 threads...
Zombie thread- FAIL
Vampire Story-Exception...but still FAIL
This thread-FAIL

Before you say "I'm a troll," I meant I failed, not this thread.
Arghh.
Well, I ought to start my own, but my topic is probably going to suck penises.

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

BBS Signature

Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread 2011-06-04 18:40:09

I have my epsiode written, and have had it written for a few days now, but I'm waiting for confirmation from Optimisticperson about something that I had happen. I sent him a PM, and as soon as he replies I'll post the episode. Sorry for the wait!

Sig by Byteslinger.

Writing by John Endel.

Zombie Story! <= read it! Nuclear Apocalypse Story! <= read this too!

BBS Signature

Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread 2011-06-05 01:09:20

It made sense for us to kill the man. He had shown up out of nowhere, shot our guard, and told us of an impending attack. Disregarding reasons of revenge, we simply didn't have the time or resources to keep him secure while we prepared. Every second we wasted could mean another second given to another scouting group arriving. Even though we all knew I would have to be the one to do it, Nathan asked for volunteers. The sword lay stuck in the dirt, waiting for someone to take it up. I stared at it's curved edge, and felt others' eyes on me. The young man looked painfully at me, and I shifted my gaze to him. This would have been a good time for a speech.

I stepped forward slowly and wrapped my fingers around the sword. I motioned the men holding our prisoner away, and they pushed him towards me. He began screaming and yelling for help, as if any were coming. Tears streamed down his face. I wished I could show that sort of emotion. My eyes remained dry as I drove the bone scimitar deep into his chest. His eyes widened, and his screams were reduced to whimpers. Last time I did this, the man took hours to bleed to death. I would not let this prisoner's death take so long.

I ripped the sword out from his insides. The gasp he gave was reinforced by our own villagers'. I pulled back, and swung the sword down upon his shoulder. He screamed, long and loud. I yanked, and felt the blade scrape against bone on the way out. He slumped to the ground, and I stuck the blade into his back. No more sound escaped from our prisoner. I shook my head and began walking. My intention was to take some time to myself. When I looked up, I froze. I saw two people watching me. One was a woman in crude cloth clothing. She was accompanied by a skinny, bald man.

I met eyes with the woman. In them I saw a sort of disgusted hatred. She had only seen me at my worst. I was a monster to her. More importantly, she was a scout. As soon as our eyes met, the scouts spun around and ran. I sprinted after them, and threw the bone sword. It pierced through the thigh of the young man, who staggered and fell screaming to the dirt. The woman looked back, but clearly did not feel too much mercy for the man. She sprinted away, and left me panting in her wake. This was not good. That scouting trip had undoubtedly been to confirm the death of their first scout.

I dragged the screaming man to the town square. We had even less time than I thought. The attack would undoubtedly occur as soon as the Clan got word of their scout's fate. In my head, I began planning how best to defend our village. We couldn't possibly be able to build a wall around our entire field. We would have to build around our homes. In fact, since our homes were already in a circle, we could just build walls in the alleys between our homes and hold it there. That's what I would begin doing, and the others would follow along. It never took words, only my example.

I threw the bald young man in the middle of the square. He was screaming that he was a doctor and if we spared him he'd heal us. No one trusted him. Nathan looked pleadingly at me. This time, I would not help him. I held out the handle of the bone scimitar. Nathan's gaze was met only by my grim eyes. Nathan slowly reached out and took the sword. I ran off to begin pooling resources. If I could have said something, it would have been:

"Your Turn."

Sig by Byteslinger.

Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature

Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread 2011-06-12 03:02:18

Sorry for the double-story-post but since Optimisticperson has experienced a setback and NO ONE is posting stories, I wrote a new episode. It's mostly a placeholder setting up for the attack.

Hey! This time I remembered to do the character description thing!

Name: Henry the Silent
Mental State: I've Got to be Ready
Primary Weapon: Bone scimitar
Secondary Weapon: Hand bone shovel
Armor: Heavy gloves and crude leather.
Supplies: Waning, but spring's coming.
Companions: Nathan's Village, population 14

As I ran off to gather supplies, the new scout's wails were cut off. I didn't really want to look. I knew what I would see, and I've never liked dead bodies. While we were traveling, sometimes we had to clear abandoned roads of debris to keep our train of cows and people going. It's actually harder than you might think to divert a bunch of animals and people around an obstacle. It's easy to lose a cow in the confusion. I would do more than my fair share of heavy lifting, but I would leave any dead bodies for the others to pick up. I knew they would have wanted me to take care of it, but I was doing so much that no one complained. I was certain that another villager could dispose of the bodies now, too.

When we had built our huts out of mostly mud and rough cow's hide, we had left a moat-like trench around our circle. My plan was to dig out the rest of this trench, and use whatever dirt we didn't need for our primary wall for a smaller secondary structure around our moat. I couldn't express this in words, but people were used to deriving my meaning from my action. I dug out a section of the moat and built up a wall in between two houses. It took about thirty minutes for me to complete the new structure alone. When I had finished, I turned to the few men standing by watching me. I pointed to the new wall, and then to the other gaps between our houses. Then I started work on another section of our new wall. The people followed.

After an hour or two of hard labor, we had completed walls in all the gaps between houses but one. Our moat was now a foot-and-a-half deep in most places. I then used the same technique of beginning work and pointing to build a secondary wall. We finished this by nightfall. Our moat was about two feet deep, and the wall we had built around the entire village was only a foot or so high. The whole reasoning behind these new defenses was to keep attackers from scaling our walls. If enemy forces could get into our circle from any point, it would be chaos. As it was, we had left one gap in the wall and one filled section of the trench. We could use this to get back to our fields when we needed to, and it also provided a good chokepoint for our defenses.

I had never had to truly defend our village against a large attacking force. Keeping other wandering groups away is one thing, but our village was in serious danger. If their initial scouting force had been supplied with a gun, their main assault was sure to pack a punch. I could only hope I had prepared us as best I could. I thought of the woman scout that had escaped. How fast could she run? How much time did we have? I had no idea when the attack was coming. I only knew it was soon.

The villagers' morale seemed low. Everyone knew about the Clan because of our public interrogation, and there was no mistaking the nature of our new defenses. A few people had stockpiled small curved peices of ribs from cows. They were beginning to sharpen these. I couldn't stop myself from thinking we would need more than daggers to survive, but I sat down with them and helped anyway. It was a way to pass the time. The next day or two would be tense. A little after I had finished my first dagger, Nathan walked up. He was carrying the bone sword. It was bloody.

"Henry, we both know this belongs in your hands. When this attack comes, I want it to be with its rightful owner. You take this, and I'll use a dagger like the rest of the group."

I took the sword from him and stared into Nathan's eyes. In a way, he was passing on leadership to me. I looked back on the day, and realized I had essentially stolen the leadership from him. I still had no desire to lead, but the village needed me. I had always done what was best for the village, and right now it was best if I took charge. He took the dagger and walked off, leaving me to think of the days ahead.

Sig by Byteslinger.

Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature