New Topic Respond to this Topic
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 4th, 2011 @ 05:21 PM Reply

This thread is about the post nuclear apocalypse, and the people who are trying to live in it. The is open to the next five writers. Your Character's profile includes everything below. Hope you enjoy the thread.

Back story: It's been 83 years since the bombs fell. Anyone who had information on why the bombs fell is either dead or forgot about it. After the bombs fell, the once heavily populated cities were reduced to rubble. Anything that even resemble a house or building was destroyed from years of neglect. Now the only option for everyone is to survive.

Name: Ariah Verma
Mental State: Breaking point
Primary Weapon: Sharpened femur
Secondary Weapon: None
Armor: Bones stitched into a poncho and sweat pants.
Supplies: Four days worth of human meat and two canteens full of water. All inside a back pack.
Companions: None

"DAVE, EVERY ONE IS DEAD, WHERE ARE YOU?" A voice shrieks in the dark night. The silhouette of a young woman frantically enters a makeshift tent to find a body with a deep gash in the throat. "....... Dave? ... Oh my god." Ariah, holding a his sharpened femur, stabs a hole in the tent where the silhouette is. The woman falls down and exclaims with her dying breath "Mom, they got me." Ariah enters the tent and pulls his femur out of the warm body. He kneels down in a praying position, and lays his open back pack beside the body. Ariah sticks his hand into the wound and starts to pull out chunks of flesh then he throws the chunks of flesh into his back pack.

"Would you kindly..."

JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 5th, 2011 @ 07:09 PM Reply

Hey, I'm going to participate in this. I'm planning on writing more soon, this first mini episode is really more of a placeholder for me and a bump for the thread. I really think this could be interesting, guys.

Name: Henry the Silent
Mental State: Life as usual
Primary Weapon: Hand bone shovel
Secondary Weapon: Fighting experience
Armor: Heavy gloves and crude leather.
Supplies: Waning, but spring's coming.
Companions: Nathan's Village, population 14

"Come on, Rick, this soil isn't going to turn itself! Look at Henry. He's already turned over a full row of soil! We own one of the only soil beds that will still hold crops in the entire world! The least we can do is making sure it's healthy and ready to plant in!"

Nathan always used me as an example while we were working. He would barely look at me back at camp, but in the field I was his best friend. He would like nothing better than if every man and woman would work just as hard as me. Back at camp, he wished I would just be like everyone else.

I didn't speak. I felt no need to. In a world lingering with the traces of past excess, speech meant nothing. People listened only to action. When other groups became too hostile towards ours, I was the one to fight their leader. If you disgraced the authority, the followers soon dispersed or found a new leader. In either case, our group kept the land. Arguing over who 'deserved' the land more did nothing.

After finishing my allotted work, I sat back and observed the others. The farmers being mostly men, the women actually seemed to work harder. Perhaps they had something more to prove. Since women by default stayed to watch the camp and the herd, a job among the fields denoted a hard-working soul and a desire for more than the norm. There were some men who even with the entire world around them blown to shit, somehow managed to take things for granted.

When twenty minutes passed and the slackers still weren't done, I found myself sitting with all the women and few men. I stood and walked to the man farthest from being done. I stood over him until he looked up, and slapped his right cheek. Then I shoved him aside and wielded my hand shovel. Working hard, I finished this man's row before the other slackers. Strutting back to the ruined log we had to rest on, I found my place taken by the man I had relieved of work. I pulled him up and spat on his feet. He stood while the others finished.

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.
Zombie Story! <= read it! Nuclear Apocalypse Story! <= read this too!

BBS Signature
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 5th, 2011 @ 09:10 PM Reply

Supplies: Six days worth of human meat and two canteens full of water. All inside a back pack.

Ariah picks the last corpse and buttons his back pack. "Hey, Manny you awake." Ariah says while tapping his poncho. "Sorry, I almost forgot about them." Ariah grabs a hammer and walks over to three locked cages with people in them. "Are you here to set us free?" asks a severely bruised girl. "Yup." replies Ariah after he breaks the lock to the child's cage. Ariah breaks the lock on the other two cages, releasing a teenage boy, and a pregnant woman.

The teenager asks "So, where the hell are we supposed to go?" Ariah says"We are not going any were. If you guys want to live head east. There's a small town called Kason about two days from here. If you need any supplies.... Check the dead bodies." The little girl runs up to Ariah and hugs him. "Thank you." The little girl says sadly. Ariah starts to walk away from the scene with a tear in his eye.

After two hours of walking away, Ariah makes camp and fall asleep. Before Ariah can fall asleep, he prays. He then says to his poncho "Manny, I hate slavers."

"Would you kindly..."

silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 5th, 2011 @ 09:26 PM Reply

Sounds fun! :D I think I'll join

Name: Terry Melian
Mental State: Insane
Primary Weapon: Crudely crafted Sword
Secondary Weapon: Hunting Knife
Armor: None, she doesn't care if she get's injured!
Supplies: a Bunker full of Canned goods and Water
Companions: A half-mutated Cat names Sin

There was a reason why she came out of the bunker and she knew it, It was just too hard to tell how long she had actually been down there. Days? Weeks? Months? There was no telling, but the scene outside of a desolate land scape made her feel alone and completely Isolated. She went back into the bunker to pack the last of her provisions,

"I don't know how many cans I can possibly carry sin, but let's hope you can carry yourself, because there won't be any room left, I mean it'll only be for a few days then we'll come back I promise!" She reassured the half cat, half well.... whatever the other half had mutated into. The look in it's eyes was of obvious apathy but terry took it as the cat understood her. He was the Only thing that understood her.

"Now remember sin, when danger is near by just remember to run like there's no..." A heavy and very intrusive knock came on the bunker door
Scared out of her wits Terry stood in complete silence for what felt like a year until she heard it again, another knock came. Survivors?

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 12:57 PM Reply

Hey, cool idea, I'd participate but I'm not on the internet frequently enough to be of any good use.

I'll probably be following this shit once it starts moving along, otherwise, this is pretty much a bump for y'all.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 09:51 PM Reply

I have my next episode written but I'm on a hotel computer right now and I don't have the time to copy my handwriting onto the reply thing. I'm handwriting it for now, but when I get back in town I will definitely post what I have. Look forward to it Saturday or Sunday.\

Also, should we establish ground rules for mutations? I want it to be realistic, but it seems hard to do a thread like this without including some monsters. Discuss?

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM Reply

Primary Weapon: Sharpened femur/ Spear
Supplies: Six days worth of human meat and two canteens full of water. All inside a back pack.

Ariah is still sound asleep when there is the sound of rustling in the wind. Ariah jumps up to his feet, grabs his spear, and starts running towards the sound. When his eyes adjust to the darkness, he sees two rats fighting each other.

Ariah starts to chuckle, and then gets hit in the back of the head with a blunt object. Ariah falls unconsciously in ten minutes.

"Would you kindly..."

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 7th, 2011 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Radiation affects animals and people in different. Like Sin could have harder skin, but only live to be four years old since he would be more prone to cancer. Animals as a species would not change that much, but individual animals will. If you guys want to keep talking about this. Let's just PM, and leave the stories for the thread.

"Would you kindly..."

JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 07:04 PM Reply

Name: Henry The Silent
State of mind: Life as Usual
Primary Weapon: Hand Bone Shovel
Secondary Weapon: Knowledge of fighting
Armor: Crude leather hide
Companions: Nathan's Village

The walk back from the field was mostly quiet and calm. The field for our crops was half a mile away from camp because our grazing fields took up so much space. We were perhaps the only people left on Earth who raised cattle. Most of the people from the Past Time were generally complacent and stupid, but someone eighty-three years ago made a great decision taking his cows with him underground. Sure for a few generations we had to sacrifice some of our own food to feed them, but in return they gave us tools from their bones and clothes from their hides. The meat and milk they provided also gave us a dietary advantage over most other people in the wastelands. And now that we had found our paradise, the cows had their own food to graze on.

My reflections were interrupted by a faint moo-ing. My head swerved, and I caught sight of one of our magnificent animals, abandoned in the fields alone. I broke from our group and sprinted towards the forsaken cow. As I got closer, I slowed down. It looked like Kelly, the cow that had gone missing almost a week ago. The cries it gave seemed more painful up close. It's ribs showed through its ruined coat. The beast was close to death. Following me, the men now saw the poor animal for themselves.

The cow had surely drunk unfiltered water, and its meat was now unusable. Whatever it now had inside its body couldn't be allowed to spread into the herd. And it was clear this animal was on its last legs. I walked forward and wielded my hand shovel. When I cut the beast's throat, some of the men and women behind me cried out in protest. Nathan was silent. He knew I always did what was best, even if it wasn't pleasant or humane. He understood. But he knew that this quality made me a better leader than he would ever be.

My silence kept me from assuming control of the village, but I also found the idea of leading these people to be repulsive. This was not a part of my future. Nathan ordered me and a few other men to carry the corpse back to camp. The others groaned, and I ended up taking the majority of the weight upon my shoulders. It was dark by the time we got back, because of our unexpected load. We decided to leave the animal overnight. Messing up the skinning procedure would ruin a lot of the hide, so leaving it till morning made sense. The men went back to their respective homes with their worried women, and I stood alone in the darkness. Tonight, I had guard duty.

Sorry this is rather short (and late on top of that!). I hope you enjoy it though!

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 15th, 2011 @ 02:13 PM Reply

Primary Weapon: None
Armor: Bones stitched into a pair of sweat pants.
Supplies: A empty back pack
Companion: none

Ariah slowly wakes up to feel his skin slowly scrapping against sand. Ariah finally opens his eyes and sees his hands tied together by a homemade rope while slowly being pulled by a mule with a short haired woman driving the mule. "So what's the price on my head now?" questions Ariah. "Two weeks of food and forty bullets, bone collector" says the bounty hunter. "You have a gun?" The bounty hunter lifts up a single shot rifle. Ariah looks at the gun and decides fighting back is not a good idea.

"So where are you taking me?'" The bounty hunter replies "Paradise, just in time for the bazaar" "Great, everyone who wants to kill me gets a shot, can I at least have Manny back?" asks Ariah. "What?" "The poncho." "No"

"Would you kindly..."

silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 20th, 2011 @ 02:05 AM Reply

Name: Terry Melian
Mental State: Insane
Primary Weapon: Crudely crafted Sword
Secondary Weapon: Hunting Knife
Armor: None, she doesn't care if she get's injured!
Supplies: a Bunker full of Canned goods and Water
Companions: An almost dead cat named Sin

She wasn't sure whether to answer the knock or to just leave it be, she was probably just hearing things like usual. Then another knock came more abruptly then the last.
"Shit! someone is out there!" She paused for a moment to think again
"Maybe they aren't bad, but then again..." She pulled the hunting knife from out of her belt, and hid it behind her back, She wasn't too sure whether it would be dangerous or not, but she walked over to the door silently.

Terry opened the door but there seemed to be noone there, she glanced around and even went outside a little more hoping to see someone but there wasn't anyone in sight.
"Well that confirms my imagining it again!" She laughed nervously then headed back inside, back into the comfort of her mindless rantings and waiting for the days to just pass and hope someone would find her.

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 21st, 2011 @ 07:38 PM Reply

Mental State: Replacing his thoughts
Armor: Bones stitched into a pair of sweat pants.
Supplies: A empty back pack
Companion: none

I decide to start walking with the bounty hunter to Paradise. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a play on words, since they have no farming and most of there income is from gambling. They're located in a fucking desert, if it wasn't for the city ruins, they would be dead by now.

But Paradise is everything packed into one. Want to gamble away every thing you have? Go to Paradise. Need some farming supplies? Go to Paradise. Want a gun that doesn't need to be reloaded after one shot? Go to Paradise

The worst part about Paradise is who it's run by, slavers that call themselves "The Taboo." These people are bunch of pansies without there guns. "DAVE, EVERYONE IS DEAD, WHERE ARE YOU?" Stupid bitch. If she didn't say anything she would've been alive. Ah, fuck me, I can see Paradise.

"Would you kindly..."

Ketchemonia
Ketchemonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:59 AM Reply

Name: Manny Holiday
Mental State: Cool as one can be.
Primary Weapon: .44 Magnum Revolver Model 29
Secondary Weapon: M4 Assault Rifle
Armor: Bullet Proof Vest(Dragon's Skin) Dirty Fatiuges
Supplies: Military Bunker Untouched for 70 years
Companion: Five People, three women, two men

Jericha explained how the last of the marauders have been exposed since the last week of the month. Micheal is dealing with traders, Elecktra has been practicing her aim for the last two months. And Andrea is due to deliver in the next month or so.

"Manny!" A gruff man yelled from the scaffold ",when you go today look for a few decent car batteries so I can figure out afew different boobie-traps in the mock entrance."

"Sure thing Mike, I'll get on it as soon as I enter town" Manny returned his answer.

"Elektra come with me, I might need you in town." Manny asked.

Along the way there Manny and Elektra encounter some marauders.
Manny fires at who looks to the biggest one carrying a sharpened femur bone club.
As he unloads two to the ring leaders chest, Elecktra draws her barreta 9mm and shots two more into two unsuspecting skulls.

"Wow, WOW!" One of the marauders yell before being shot in th eye by .44 magnum special.

Manny then shots one more into the whore standing between three men, as she weilded a make shift flame thrower. Elecktra dives towards a rolled over car. Dust whipping agaisnt Manny's goggles, through his eyes you see three man running for their lives.

"I guess they don't have time to say goodbye." Manny remarks.

signature by moquaga

BBS Signature
Ketchemonia
Ketchemonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 07:33 AM Reply

Name: Manny Holiday
Mental State: Cool as one can be.
Primary Weapon: .44 Magnum Revolver Model 29
Secondary Weapon: M4 Assault Rifle
Armor: Bullet Proof Vest(Dragon's Skin) Dirty Fatiuges
Supplies: Military Bunker Untouched for 70 years
Companion: Five People, three women, two men

Seven months before...

"Why not bring that maggot scum Manny here," One disgudting man spoke "I mean if you'd wanna ate his ass fo' suppa tyme."

Voices started to roar from inside this group of theives, few yelling "Burn his ass!" or more profound things such as "It's gotta better use than being burn't!"

A tall fragile man rises from the ground, his skin is grey and scared, with crimson spilt over his shoulders, this is a man who strikes fear into mens eyes with a simple glance of his colourless pupils. The hair matted and dry of sweat.

"Now, no one is gonna tryin rape or eat me, alright." Manny pressuring the crowd through charm, but as any Paradise high end sluts, he has no charm. Except the polished and smooth black magnum he holds in his hands who from now on does his talking for now.

"Manny you've gon' an killed 'nuff of us too long now man." An addict speaks frightenedly.
"So, your filth I do what I please, even your precious dealers know this," Standing more confident with revolver loaded and out "now step aside I must return with these important documents to the southcoast, I promise you will never see me again."

The varmint stand still sure they finally have Manny in the corner.

"Remember the Crossing when your gang tried to take me out Ramone?" Manny addressed the crowd. "Of course you don't your dead Ramone so is your legiance."

One took his final step foward and was shot above the belly in the diaphragm. His gasping breaths shook even the evilest ones their for they knew the wrath of Manny Holiday. Many took their chance and left, but five. They drew their pistols.

Two to the left sported .32 pistol revolvers, one in the centre clung onto a glock. One centre right weilded a model 686 snub. Far right held a m1911.

Manny now irritated from the heat and five men starring him down.

BANG! PEW! BANG! Dust is flying from the ground. BANG! PEW! The shooting continued, as the dust settled only one stood.

"What the, where he guy!" Centre right questioned over his dead comrades.

"Well, while you fools were firing on each other I took advantage and slipped through the dust." Manny soon brought his gun to his hip. "I like your 686 too bad it's snub." BOOM!

signature by moquaga

BBS Signature
Ketchemonia
Ketchemonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 08:15 AM Reply

I hope it doesn't take anyone else long to right episodes for their characters, mine were on the spot and not given the needed time to perfect them two. So I will go easy next time, oh ya one more writer right?

signature by moquaga

BBS Signature
htmldude
htmldude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 08:21 AM Reply

I have no idea what is going on but I will write anyway. Need to do something productive.

The barren landscape was strewn with scraps of plastic, a reminder of a by-gone age. No longer did man rule the planet, as mad had almost been wiped out. Only a few remained, the anscestors of the dead, as we all once were. Cockroaches roamed with healthy abandon, some the size of dogs, shoveling the bones of long dead animals through strong and powerful jaws. One such roach scuttled through the remains of a bank, where the bones of men women and children, had all but worn away, the mute reminders of life at it's end, spread to the winds of time.

Crouching low, rifle pulled into her shoulder, the lithe figure aimed at the creature, it jaws snapping in trepidation of a fresh meal as globulous eyes found hers. She waited till the creature had begun to sprint, a formidable sight to the strongest of beasts, till pulling on the small strip of metal, sending a bullet ricocheting through it's soft brains, keeling it into the mud and dirt, tainted with the smell of death.

BBS Signature
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Apr. 30th, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Mental State: Calm

As we both pull into Paradise, I'm greeted by an old .... Acquittance. "Well isn't the man, the legend, THE BONE COLLECTOR. Or should I say my best hit man. You know I didn't kill your kid right?" says the all to familiar voice of Biggy, the Leader of The Taboo. "So where's my pay?" asks the bounty hunter. Biggy smiles, the same smile when he betrays someone. "It's in the saloon." The bounty hunter then cautiously enters the saloon. " I know you were targeting slavers in general, but you help this place big time. Out of the..." Biggy pulls a yellow torn piece of paper "56 slavers you killed, only two were mine. But my guys still want vengeance."

Seven years ago I was a hit man for The Taboo. I didn't like slavery, but it put food on the table for my family. I joined The Taboo before they controlled Paradise. I am also the reason that they got big. The day I became "The Bone Collector" was also the day that Chahna, my girlfriend, and Sabeena, my 4 year old daughter, were kidnapped by three amateur slavers. When I tracked them to their tent Chahna was dead. She was beaten to death and then used as food. I tortured and killed those three men. I found that on the floor was a poncho. I stitched my wife's murders rib bones into poncho, and then they started to speak to me when I was wearing the poncho.

I named him Manny.

Manny told me that Sabeena was sold. He couldn't tell me where though. The more I wore Manny, the more childish I became. The bounty hunter, whose name I later found out was Cassidy, did a good thing for me. She burned Manny. But you, the reader, are probably wondering what became of me in Paradise.

"Ariah, I'll do you a favor, you'll be sent to the Pit." Says Biggy remorsefully.

"Would you kindly..."

JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 5th, 2011 @ 12:39 AM Reply

Yeah... this took way too long. I'll do my best to speed it on up. It's just that at this point, I'm not extremely interested in the characters. I'm working on making them interesting, but I don't want to put out a stereotypical cynical mute. I want him to be a memorable stereotypical cynical mute. Lol. Anyway, on to the story!

Mental State: Retrospective but cautious
Primary Weapon: Bone scimitar
Secondary Weapon: Hand bone shovel

Before I set out to begin my rounds, I stopped by the shed. There I picked up the village's only true weapon. We had carved the sword out of a large rib from one of our cows. It's signature curve gave it the moniker 'scimitar,' but I'm not sure it truly fit the description. I never truly felt comfortable holding the weapon. I remembered every time I held the bone that someone had met the end of this blade. The only time our tribe had ever actually killed anyone.

It occured a few months after we had settled into our home. A group easily twice as large as ours had decided it deserved our lands more than we did. They agreed to the showdown between their leader and me. The fight was tough, and both of us had bloody noses and bruised bodies near the end. He threw a particularly cruel hook, and my jaw broke. Momentarily incapacitated, their leader laughed and proclaimed himself the victor.

Before the fool turned around, I returned with a thundering uppercut. He was knocked out cold, and Nathan's village cheered. But when the other nation's leader came to, he argued still. I had clearly lost in his eyes, and I had just struck out in trickery. The debate soon escalated, and it was clear to me that a peaceful outcome was not possible. Since my silence kept me from the argument, no one noticed when I slipped away. Everyone noticed when I came back, though. I shoved through the crowd, and before anyone could react, I pierced our sword through their leader's gut.

The look in his eyes was horrid and unforgetable. He looked straight into mine, and his hate faded away. It was replaced with pure terror and surprise. His face soon crumpled into agonizing pain. He did not die quickly. The other tribe retreated to tend to his wounds, but I had penetrated vital organs. I watched in the distance as he bled out into the dirt. Into our dirt. We never saw the other tribe again. This was a year or two ago.

But now was not the time to dwell on my worst day. I was at the edge of the perimeter, and it was time to focus. Guard duty was the most dangerous thing the villagers did. If raiders or slavers or the like wanted to infiltrate our village, all they had to do was take out the border guard. Everyone else in town went to sleep, and our only weapon was with the guard. I had a feeling other, lesser men found comfortable places to nap until their shift was over, but I took it seriously. We hadn't had any contact with other groups in a while, and it made me nervous.

Regardless of my fear of raiders, the light adrenalin was not enough to keep me fully going. After about an hour, I had trouble keeping my eyes open. I had patrolled around the entire perimeter once, and reached my second lap. All the rocks blended together. Boulders and light debris littered the landscape, hiding places for any wicked soul. I decided to check behind a few, at least for something to do. It took me longer, and I progressed slowly. Under one scrap of metal, I found something I never imagined before. It was a stemmed plant with red leaves at the top. I had never seen anything like it.

Some of the aged men used to tell stories when I was a kid. Their parents had known of the Before, and had passed the tales on to their children. They told of beautiful fields, like ours. But instead of just grass there were colored plants sprinkled in. They told of the beauty of the world, but the children did not believe. What made the stories even more ridiculous was the humans' treatment of the fields. The reason, they claimed, that there were som few fields left in our time was that we had destroyed and killed the plants in our quest to expand. The children laughed, and the elders sighed.

I had always sought to follow the story's moral. For even lies could hold meaning. I noticed the beauty in our world, and always appreciated my effect on it. Even back then I never spoke, and I showed the elders I had listened. I tended the fields, and harvested carefully. When other workers tore the fruit away from the plants, I was careful. And my plants always lived longer into the winter than others'. My plants grew bigger, and more quickly. Seeing this plant here confirmed everything I had wanted to believe in. And I stared.

It looked unhealthy, although I had no comparison other than different plants. Its stem had reached and stretched its way to the sun after this metal had fallen over it. But the metal must have sheltered it from any damage passerby would do to it. I wondered to myself how it had gotten here, how the seed had grown. I stood up slowly. It was beautiful, but I had duties. I started to replace the piece of metal when a loud noise rang out. Instantly, a sharp pain sprang from the back of my left shoulder and I stumbled forward. I barely missed the plant, and in avoiding it I fell.

I lay completely still as I took in my situation. We had heard of 'guns' from other clans. They were fairly common outside of our life, and wounded or killed very efficiently. Some traders had actually showed us one and fired it for us. We wanted no part of the barbaric violence. But bleeding into the dust now, I wondered if we should have bought one for ourselves. For the wound in my back was undoubtedly a gunshot. Nothing else could hurt so bad so quickly. I concentrated on remaining still as I heard my attacker approaching.

I was lucky, it seemed. At least with the gunshot. From what I could tell lying still I didn't think the wound was major. But my attacker didn't know that. And if he thought I was dead, I might be able to fight back. I glanced at the scimitar inches away from my right hand before shutting them.

"Woah, I've never actually killed anyone with this thing, that was awesome!"

The young man spoke with the cocky tone of someone who talks a lot.

"Damn, that's not as much blood as I thought there'd be..."

He trailed off and I felt him kneel down on my back, checking my wound. It took every ounce of self-contol I had not to flinch or yell when he picked at my wound. His hands were rough and dirty. I bit my tongue and held my breath. With his knee in my back he would feel any movement I made. Had he been trained for this?

"Aah shit. I don't remember how to check a pulse at all."

He reached his fingers down to my throat. It was now or never. I breathed a gulp of air and thrust myself up. Completely surprised, the young man fell over. I grabbed at my sword and cut at the hand that held the gun. A single finger fell, and the gun clattered to the ground. As the man clutched his hand and roared in pain, I smashed the handle of my sword first into his nose. His head whipped back, and I brought the hilt down on his forehead.

Adrenalin coursed through my veins, and my back ached terribly. I would need to get someone else to take care of the gun wound. I remembered the merchant talk of the bullets that the gun shot. They remained in the body, I thought. I looked down at the body of the man. With horror, I noted it was on top of the plant. I flipped the body over and away, and confirmed my fear. The delicate plant lay broken in the dirt. Perhaps it was the last of its kind, and it was dead because of my own scuffle. I shook away the guilt. I had to warn the others of this. I draped the young man's limp form over my healthy shoulder and started off towards town.

Ok, there's the end of that episode. And if you didn't understand, the plant he was so very interested in was a flower. I didn't think he would have had a name for it.

Used all the characters yay

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 5th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM Reply

Armor: None
Supplies: None

The Pit, a modern gladiator arena, except for a few things. Instead of having a leveled arena, the fighters are thrown into a maze. The prisoners are given no weapons and are stripped naked. The prisoners face everything and anything that can be a threat. One of the more humorous bets I made was against this one child murder, who was facing about 3 dozen rats. I thought I was going to lose til one of the rats started to bite to bite his one of his eyes. I won a hog that day.

I am thrown into a hole in the ground. I'm not kidding, two grunts throw me into a hole in the ground and put a rock over the hole. There are large rocks that surround the catacombs. I started to think "Well this should be fun!" I was not in the right frame of mind back then. Manny fucked me up.

All I can do is think about after a few hours here is Sabeena. Bringing me back to Paradise made me remember about why I was killing in the first place. I was doing it to find her. The cannibalism was from pure rage. Or envy that I was alive and that they were dead.

After hours of rethinking of my goals set me back on the my true goal. Finding Sabeena, I just wanted to know if she was dead or alive. If she was alive, I would help her. If she was dead, then every single man and woman who caused anyone else to suffer will die. It would be my redemption for all the suffering I've caused others.

My rock starts to move. It's time.

"Would you kindly..."

Bantun
Bantun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 11th, 2011 @ 12:39 AM Reply

Starting soon....

JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 15th, 2011 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 5/11/11 12:39 AM, Bantun wrote: Starting soon....

Me too. I've been busy closing up school and getting ready for exams and whatnot, but I'm definitely still in this. Do we have all of our writers? I think we need a few more. I may try to contact some of my old zombie buddies or something. Our pace right now is pretty bad... More writers could help.

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 18th, 2011 @ 12:19 AM Reply

Two slots left I think I'll get in on this!
Name. Pvt,Vollidech J Eric
Appearance. Caucasian. Blond. Blue eyes.
Specialization. Assault. Marksman.
mental state. Sane, "cleared for active service"
Age.19 (when joined into service)
Service Code. 23441-2501

The great reclamation of America, I could care less about that, I just wanted to get out of that d*** Dome. ' great people of america we are all that is left from the sin and corruption of man'. Not exactly what you expect to see some pomp politician say to a people who have spent the last 80 years in a giant dome city in greenland sipping tea and vodka. You should really shut the hell up Eric your not the only one who really, really really wants to be in this special operation! There was a long pause in the room until some voice came from, what edge of the room who knows. Well John your about the only one who wanted to be a soldier so why are you whining now of all times. You could hear a couple guys laughs down at the other side of the corridor.

. . .

The U.S.S Lili, big for the name. Considering it was an aircraft carrier . . . a couple other guys started mimicking the opening of a popular show in dome #3 down the corridor some guys had got out the
vids and started watching something on them in the middle of the large room there were plenty of chairs and tables set beside a couple windows in the side of the ship, it was not as lively in the mess today. Eric.
I could see joey one of my best friends when I was drafted before this entire shamble of a *plan* started and put into basic. he waved me over. "what's up." He was in a good mood for some reason. "nothing, so why don't you tell me what's making you so happy" He pointed to the window closest to us. I walked over and saw why he was so d*** happy all of a sudden. It was the statue of liberty or what's left of it. "We land sixteen hundred tomorrow." He was happy about this? Hurray we get to get an extra dose of radiation. He just kept that smile on his face. "It's new york who wouldn't be happy." He said. "Well besides me plenty of other people"!

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 18th, 2011 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 5/15/11 10:06 PM, JohnEndel959 wrote:
At 5/11/11 12:39 AM, Bantun wrote: Starting soon....

I am the fifth MUHAHAA I at last get onto one of these

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 20th, 2011 @ 07:48 PM Reply

Primary Weapon: A dull knife
Armor: Cloth pants

As soon as the rock opens up, guns are pointed at my head. "Climb out slowly." they command. I start to climb out, when I straighten up my posture. 1, 2, 3 guards pointing a gun at my chest. I asked "So, where do I go?" I ask. One of the guards point behind me, and I see another open rock. I slowly pace to the hole and see that it leads to the arena. I was about to ask "Do I just jump in?" When I am pushed once again into a hole, except this time they throw a dull knife. It's just this time I might die.

I stand up gently. If there has been anything I learned from the games, it's that everything changes fast. "Hello, criminals!" Biggy energetically announces. The audience cheers. "This weeks opening match is four bandits om the opposite sides of the arena and Jaik and Novi! Six go in two leave. Let the match begin!"

Showtime. I creep to the left to see if they made any changes to the maze. I step lightly around a find stairs leading down to another floor. I started to get a little nervous. I have absolutely no idea if they changed anything else. It also doesn't help that I hear a woman scream out in agony. The audience cheers once more but they stop shortly.

Since staying put didn't seem like the smart thing to do, I followed the scream. A man screams "BULL!" His scream is followed by "Novi run his ass over." I hear the man running away with whatever it was chasing him. A bull, He's using a fucking bull. Great, being a dumb ass I still went to check on the dead body. Before I can find her the audience cheers again. I find the remnants of her body. Nothing to tell who she was. Hell, you wouldn't even know if it was a girl if you didn't see the ripped off breast in the corner. I beat that's why the audience stopped cheering so soon.

"Novi, you smell him? Charge!" Says the voice I'm guessing is Jaik. Stampeding from a corner of the maze is a strong muscular white bull with a pale and skinny Jaik on top. It's easy to tell that they probably killed everyone because the bull and Jaik is covered in dry blood. I pick up the dead girl's knife and I sprinted away.

Jaik was getting close enough to me that he could start throwing spears. I tried to grab one but ended up taking a spear in the fore arm. The bull was getting closer, and the audience was starting to pound and scream. And then I turned around, threw the knife a Jaik and hit him in the chest. The audience was silenced, but the bull wanted more. It started to charge again.

I had about a five second head start since we were no longer in a long corridor on the edge of the maze, but now the center of the maze, which had twist, turns but most important was the dead ends. I hope I could out run the bull but it caught up to me and flipped me in the air. When I was in the air, I taught I was going to die. I was never going to find Sabeena. Then I hit the ground, face first.

I slowly waited for my death but nothing happened. "Um ladies and gentlemen we have our winners!"
I opened my left eye because my right was bruised shut. I saw everything but the bull. It was gone. I gradually stood up and the audience was shocked. I look around and see the bull ran into a pitfall trap. It was deep enough that the only thing I could see was a silhouette of a bull.

Biggy final announcement for my round was "Now I know what your wondering. Who is this handsome man and this beautiful woman's names are. The man is Ariah and the woman is Cassidy. You can see them five weeks from now In another match. Now to the next round."

I was slowly escorted from The Pitt into a shed with a table, food, two beds, and some alcohol. I start to eat at the delicious meat when the bounty hunter who caught me is pushed into the shed.

"Would you kindly..."

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 21st, 2011 @ 10:19 AM Reply

Last spot is all mine!!!

Name: Lukas Dremon
Mental state: Optomistic, ready for anything
Primary weapon: His quick wits and sharp tongue
Secondary weapon: A custom made crossbow gun, that fires ten inch metal or wooden stakes. Two handed weapon. Holds three shots a clip. Carries lots of ammo.
Armor: A brown, dusty trench coat, given to him by his grandfather. Torn jeans.
Supplies: A backpack containing 2 cans of beans, 3 liters of water (purified), a box of water purification tablets (8 left), and a Twinkie.

FOR THE GOOD OF ALL MANKIND!

BBS Signature
JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 22nd, 2011 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 5/21/11 04:54 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote: So... I went to all the trouble of writing this and then I saw that the last slot had been taken.
Any objections if I post it anyway?
No?
Alrighty.

This is something that will no doubt become a pretty large problem in the future. Many bad writers looking for a spot will only read the first post and then submit their sub-par story. In the zombie thread, it became a large source of anger and demotivation for the actual writers. So it's something we'll have to be prepared for.

That being said, I like your story. Considering several people "taking spots" before you didn't actually write anything, I'd say your good to go. If you wrote one sentence to cement a place here, I'd like it if you sent your first episode to both me and Optimisticperson, and we'll decide whether you can be in it or not. This process works well because minor trolls who just post one crappy story won't go to the trouble of PM-ing us, and interested writers can have a chance to get their first post edited a bit for free before joining.

After we leave the "get as many writers as we can quickly" phase, we can continue with the PM strategy. In the zombie thread, we actually obtained a great new writer with ZeeAk. He went through all the right steps, and we had another awesome writer on the team.

Addressing another point, my exams are over this week. I'll get to writing as soon as that's done.

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 25th, 2011 @ 01:42 AM Reply

May I just apologize beforehand for something. I am not a very strong dialogue writer, and this episode is very heavy in dialogue. Please forgive its low quality.

Mental State: Shaken but Prepared
Primary Weapon: Bone scimitar
Secondary Weapon: Hand bone shovel

When I finally reached town, I went to Nathan's hut first. It was only natural, as he was the leader. I wouldn't be able to wake the whole village quickly enough in my silence, so his voice would have to do. I stumbled into his hut and set the young man on the floor. When I shook Nathan awake, he jumped, but quickly regained his composure. He surveyed my bleeding shoulder, my grim expression, and the man at my feet. Nathan quickly got ready and ran out into the village with me.

Our village was based primarily around a single meeting square, which was big enough to fit roughly three times our population comfortably. All our huts were arranged with their door facing the square, forming a sort of defensive perimeter. This arrangement also made rousing the entire village quickly relatively simple.

As Nathan slowly brought out the villagers, I tended to the young man. He was beginning to stir, and I couldn't allow him to escape or cause any harm to the villagers. I roughly pulled his hands together behind him and placed him facedown in the dirt. Placing my knee on his back and holding his hands, there was no chance of escape.

When all twelve of the other villagers had been gathered, Nathan stood beside me. Without my voice to inform him of what happened, he was forced to tell the story through deduction. He got it close enough that I didn't attempt to correct him. Nathan spoke,

"Men and Women, we have been attacked. Henry was on guard duty, and has been wounded by this attacker. Even though he was injured, Henry managed to hold off and knock out the attacker. We have no idea where he comes from, or if he has companions. I'm hoping to find some of this out for myself. As we have the culprit right here, I say it's time for an interrogation!"

I yanked our prisoner roughly to his knees. He was fully awake now, and had heard some of Nathan's speech. He didn't look prepared to withstand much pain. I thought it was pretty clear we would find some information from him. He began to plead even before we asked him anything.

"Please, sir. I don't want to die. If I tell you anything, the Clan will kill me! Even mentioning their name is probably too much. I can't..."

Tired of hearing his pointless drivel, I slammed him into the dirt before pulling him back up again. Nathan nodded grimly at me and I did it again. The young man cried out, and I'm pretty sure I had broken his nose. Some members of the crowd gasped. Nathan began to ask questions.

"Who are you? What is your name?"

"I'm Frederick Loudmouth, s-sir."

"Why are you here?"

"I was s-scouting, sir."

"Who sent you?"

"I-- I can't tell you that. They'll hurt me."

"They'll hurt you? We'll hurt you!"

Nathan nodded to me, and I slammed him to the ground. Not finished, I twisted his arm up, preparing to break it. The young man just whimpered and shook his head, over and over. I didn't really want to break more bones, at least not yet. Slackening my grip on his arm, I slid down all the way to his fingers. I found the stump of the one I had cut off, and thrust my pinky into the red. The young man screamed as I dug a bit deeper into the finger with my nail. I felt his bone, and pushed at it lightly. People looked away, and a couple left in disgust. I retracted my finger from his, and put him back upright. Nathan looked slightly disgusted, but continued.

"Do you really want this to continue?"

The young man sobbed, and tears and mucus splattered into the dirt. I supposed he couldn't wipe his nose with me holding his hands. We gave him a minute to compose himself before pushing for an answer. His story was interrupted frequently by stutters. Apparently Mr. Loudmouth was breaking under the pressure.

"W-we're called the Clan. A long t-time ago we wanted this land your v-village is on. Our group was b-bigger, and we deserved it more. B-but your "hero" Henry murdered our l-leader, and we retreated. We never t-truly left, we were always k-keeping an eye on you. Th-this time we'll get what we deserve!"

The villagers still watching were stunned. So was I, but I held my grip. All this time thinking I had done the best thing for the village, and now I find out I had actually condemned us! Nathan was the first to speak again. He didn't stutter. Nathan's determination in this interrogation was only increasing my respect for him.

"When is the full attack?"

"I d-don't know"

At this response, I smashed him into the ground again. He screamed out "Wait!" I raised him slowly.

"It was s-supposed to be tommorow, but s-since I won't be bringing g-good news back, they'll w-wait. I don't know how l-long."

With that, we had found out all we wanted to know. Nathan asked for one of the stronger men to hold our prisoner while he talked to me. Pulling me aside, Nathan was certainly looking stressed. He said that we couldn't possibly just let him go, and I nodded. Then he said we couldn't keep him prisoner without wasting resources and manpower that could be better used to prepare for the assault. I nodded very slowly to this. I had an inkling of where this was going. After a bit more stalling, Nathan asked me to do the one thing I dreaded most. Nathan asked me to kill again.

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread May. 31st, 2011 @ 02:34 PM Reply

Hey Everyone! I'm still working on my next episode, and I wanted to let ya'll know why it's taking so long. Optimistic person and I are working on a little "crossing of paths" for our characters. I think we've basically outlined the story of it now. Once Optimisticperson posts the first episode, I'll continue the story in my own. This will go on for four or five episodes. I'm excited about it, and it should get started soon. I just wanted to let ya'll know what's happening!

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.

BBS Signature
Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Jun. 1st, 2011 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Armor: Cloth pants

I woke up naked in a bed with Cassidy next to me. The reason I woke up was because some one was pulling the spear out of my shoulder. "HOLY FUCKING HELL!" I exclaimed. The pain was excruciating. This skinny, bald, but young man finished pulling the spear out of my shoulder and muttered, "Shut up, I used a bottle of wine for you. This is hurting a lot less than you think." Then he used a red hot pipe to burn the wound.

I jumped out of my bed, yanked the pipe out, and started squealing like a little girl. The young man threw me this leather pouch filled with a cream and said, "Name's Parker, town doctor, surgeon, and ya de fuckin da. Rub the cream on your skin twice a day. Also, Biggy wants you in his house in fifteen minutes. And get some clothes on for Christ's sake." He then left the building.

I put on my cloth pants and started walking towards Biggy's mansion. When I enter, a barely-dressed woman escorts me to his throne room. Biggy's chair touches the ceiling. Maybe he wants to feel big, since he's a midget.

"Ariah" Biggy says while eating a chicken leg. "I have a proposal for you."

I lean myself against a wall and sneer, "What?"

"I will let you and your girlfriend go if you scout a place for us."

"I'll do it"

"You don't even want to know where it's at?"

"I will do anything to get out of this hell hole" I grunted.

"Fair enough, go talk to Parker. He's been assigned to the mission as well." Biggy says.

"Letting your town doctor go too?"

"We just got a new batch of doctors who are better than him. And the last scout we sent hasn't returned yet. He was actually a member of the Clan, so we know he didn't abandon the cause. He could be hurt. So we will let him go too. Oh and remember, if you don't tell me the information and just leave this place, I will kill you." Biggy says as I leave to go find Parker.

It isn't hard to find Parker. The stench of dead bodies is enough to tell me where the clinic is. I find him outside, pacing in circles. He sees me and says,

"You know where we are going?"

"No idea"

"A village way to the east of here. There are stories that the way our last leader died was because of a mute man with a sword. I don't want to die. Of the few things I care about, living is one of them."

"Calm down, all we are doing is scouting. Maybe picking up a wounded scout."

"Ya, but it's fucking Biggy. And do you ever wonder how it is that scout got hurt?" He says, still pacing in a circle.

He does have a point. This could get bad.

"Would you kindly..."

Nighthawk27
Nighthawk27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Post Nuclear Apocalypse Thread Jun. 1st, 2011 @ 07:43 PM Reply

FUUUCCKKK
I was too late.
Oh well, thats what I get XD I don't want to break the rules of 3 threads...
Zombie thread- FAIL
Vampire Story-Exception...but still FAIL
This thread-FAIL

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

BBS Signature