00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you tired of this in the portal

2,014 Views | 24 Replies

You know, when an artist ask for diplomatic immunity just because it is his first flash submitted like :
Don't blam its my first flash ever,
please be kind im just beginning with flash
etc...

I mean i'm the first one to defend new comers if they got potential or to encourage them to work on their stuff. But when its written : don't blam im just a 14 years old , it just get to me. DUde im going to review your stuff whatever, even if your 14 , or a newbie at flash it doesn't mean you deserve some kind of immunity because you suck at flash!

Am i the only one ??

Cry while training to laugh on the battlefield

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 14:32:36

I've heard that even when the Flash was pretty decent.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 14:32:47

When ever they say that i just blam them for shits and giggles.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 14:34:33

Same here.

When and IF I ever post a flash submission, I ain't saying that. Sure, I'd say it's my first, but I'll let everyone be brutally honest. That way, should it be blammed, I can learn from what I did wrong and make something better.

Just give me the Pulitzer right now. The competition's over, close the entries, I'd like to thank everyone who lost

Epic lock

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 14:35:04

I take it into account when I vote, but pull no punches in my review.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 14:41:51

I'd count it against them, but not if it would make the difference between me blamming it and me saving it.

If I'd have given it a 1 otherwise, I'd give it a zero.
If I'd have given it a 2, I'd still vote a 2.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 14:50:40

It doesn't phase me. If your flash is shit, I will vote zero. But that's still less annoying than people who request you not to blam it because the flash is only a test.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 15:21:35

Second i see a flash where the artist was dumb enough to say it was his first, i 0 it.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 15:24:35

Instant blam.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 15:27:21

If it's bad, I blam it. If it's good I save it.

Whether it's from a 14 year old kid begging for mercy or a basement-dweller 45 year old that has nothing better to do.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 16:05:01

Yeah, I kind of am but that's probably only because there are more flashes that are saved than blammed, so it seems more important to get the blams because they are rarer. Of course, if I see something that I really find to be bad, I would put a low rating on it. I have not blammed that many things, so it's possible most of the stuff that is blammed says it. Luckily, we here tend to be unforgiving with bad stuff.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 16:06:00

On my first flash I said that it was the first one I had made, but I didn't ask for any kind of special treatment. Coop was the only one to review it though. I didn't even know he was a mod at the time since I hadn't started posting in the forums yet.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 16:22:33

People should think before uploading.

If you beg to not be blammed I'll immediately be biased against you before I've even clicked Play.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 18:29:48

Just because you're new at flash I'm not going to judge you any less harsh.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 18:33:25

I might mention it's my first try but it's not like I expect people to be nice. 'Cause the internet is full of assholes who's sole purpose in life is to flame others.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 21:13:48

At 4/1/11 02:39 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: And it makes me happy seeing their score plummet.

That's not really my kind of humor. At all. I guess it just never appealed to me because there isn't a point.

Usually I just check out the Flash and review it. If the author's comments are dumb, it doesn't affect how I vote or review it. Especially because a lot of people are too hard on themselves. I've seen tons of animators say they're rusty, they suck, etc. but what they submit is really good.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 22:37:38

When they're begging for you not to blam it, that usually means it's not really worth passing, and that they're well aware of that fact. Usually though, not always. It's always better to watch and vote on the real quality.

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 22:40:17

I think it's amusing that I'll take it easy on them just because it's their first time.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-01 22:52:53

Tired of it, but I still vote fairly. You know, I went back to look at my first flash.

I'm surprised I didn't beg for mercy.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-02 08:37:44

what kind of dumbass submits their very first animation anyway?

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-02 10:34:28

If it's bad, I blam it, however, if the person adds that comment, I'll vote it lower, but not if it's the difference between blam and save.

If I wanted to vote 3, I'd vote 2.
If I wanted to vote 1, I'd vote 0, but then again I always use zero.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-02 11:17:40

I don't know about most other people, but if I had flash and I could actually produce flash, I wouldn't put it on the portal until I knew it was something I would give a good rating if someone else had made it. I just go by that, and how newgrounds would rate it as a whole.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-02 11:21:20

If someone's begging for mercy, before I've even watched it, I start assuming it's going to be a shit stain on the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-02 11:33:54

At 4/1/11 02:32 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: When ever they say that i just blam them for shits and giggles.

Good mentality. Your one of the many members that make the portal amazing.

I don't mind when someone announces they are new, but like you said I do dislike when they say something like "don't blam this", or especially "be nice or don't review". I've always believed the best critiquing is the negative.

I hate it even more when someone wants you to review their work, but then when you do they feel the need to bitch and complain and try to justify everything you were against. There's far to many people who don't even care to improve their craft, they just want attention.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you tired of this in the portal 2011-04-02 11:43:10

Yea I see that a hell of alot.

They submit flashing lights and shaps and expect it not to get blammed.

Then again, they don't want to be banned from submitting to the portal for repeated blams. Which I do know happens.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature