00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Target is buying Newgrounds

8,565 Views | 103 Replies

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 00:59:09

At 3/27/11 12:58 AM, SSPBOURNE wrote: Tom... what's more important to you? Money, or the ones that love you? ANSWER ME!!!

Money, obviously.

Actually, Tom is cool as hell cause he loves us more than money.

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:01:12

At 3/27/11 12:59 AM, Squidbit wrote:
At 3/27/11 12:58 AM, SSPBOURNE wrote: Tom... what's more important to you? Money, or the ones that love you? ANSWER ME!!!
Money, obviously.

If that were true this wouldn't be happening. FUCK SHIT!
*mood swings*

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:01:12

At 3/27/11 12:59 AM, Squidbit wrote:
Money, obviously.

Then why is he doing this?

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:03:31

wait if they buy Newgrounds.....will this mean stuff on the store will be available at the stores too?

My book of faces

My Xbox Gamertag: AngeltheArson

How about you check out the cool shirts we make by clicking on my sig? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:05:39

We can protest this... right?

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:14:26

I made a logo... for the sad occasion.

Target is buying Newgrounds

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:40:32

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:44:52

I wonder what actual interest a Minnesota based big box store would have with a Pennsylvania based online cess--er I mean creative utopia?

For the record Target is actually starting to show promise in [the first time in four years] selling groceries or the "most important" daily things at prices significantly lower than Wal-Mart. According to this article, it's thanks to experiencing the recession.

What it could mean for NewGrounds if this is as legit as the OP appears to claim it is (considering this is NG, are we ever completely sure of authenticity?), is that NG has gotten corporate attention, and may lead to strong funding, and perhaps less annoying ads (or not, I mean we saw what Google did with YouTube after they acquired them; essentially every other video has someone commenting "F5" (or perhaps to a lesser extend "cmd-R").

Some acquisitions hold no real consequences, I mean though Square-Enix has Taito and Eidos at their disposal, we aren't seeing any Lara Croft RPGs or RayStorm pilots duking it out with the Highwind.

There have also been a number of rejections, and Tecmo was no exception when S-E proposed to acquire them (now THAT would've been something; picturing Tifa trash talk Hitomi into a DoA match).

For now, I think it's safe to say we just don't know. The Fulps certainly would've made this topic a big deal, long before now!

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:48:45

Wednesday is April fools day. It has to be a joke.

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:50:35

At 3/27/11 01:48 AM, SSPBOURNE wrote: Wednesday is April fools day. It has to be a joke.

No it's Friday.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:52:04

At 3/27/11 01:50 AM, ifureadthisdie wrote:
At 3/27/11 01:48 AM, SSPBOURNE wrote: Wednesday is April fools day. It has to be a joke.
No it's Friday.

Minor miscalculation...

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:58:10

Btw, if this really is April Fool's oriented, I have no idea why the park anyone would post something like this this early, perhaps just to make it sound REAL.

If this really is just a "shock topic", I remember this was a very convincing read back in 05', and I think it really could've happened. There's an extended version of the article elsewhere, but I don't know where, but when you read it, it becomes truly clear that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:59:19

I know walmart is shit and all, but I thought they had better business sense and taste.
hur hur april fools lolol, probably I'll log on in 6 days and see the outcome then.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 01:59:26

At 3/27/11 01:58 AM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: , I remember this was a very convincing read back in 05'

WTF was that?!

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:01:38

FUCKING SELLOUT CORPORTATE PIG. FUCK YOU TOM FULP HOW COULD YOU SELL OUT YOUR FANS SO EASIL LIKE THAT WHEN THEY ALL LOVED YOU FOR YEARS. FUCK COIRPORATE GARBAGRE AND FUCK TOM FULP NOTHING BUT BUSH'S SLUT. GREED TOOK OVER OUR WEBSITE, MONEY ISN'T' EVERYTHING TOM. YOU FUCKING PIG

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:04:47

At 3/27/11 01:59 AM, SSPBOURNE wrote:
At 3/27/11 01:58 AM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: , I remember this was a very convincing read back in 05'
WTF was that?!

An article depicting Homeland Security wanting to ban the selling of Final Fantasy VII in any shape or form. TL;DR? Dubya [would've REALLY] sucked!

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:15:38

At 3/27/11 02:13 AM, groundpwndr wrote:
At 3/26/11 10:42 PM, The-Great-One wrote: It's true. Here's the logo that will take the place of the Newgrounds Tank.
Had they not heard of aliasing. That looks so pixelated. I reley fucking hate sprite movies too.

That's because it IS pixelated. It's also not a sprite, but if you hate sprites because it's pixelated...well then i must say, fuck you, pixel art in general is awesome as proven by poxpower.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:20:36

This seems to be getting serious. Like, people are truly thinking fo' srs.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:36:44

I would kill myself. Big business blows. How's that for an alliteration. But no seriously, fuck target and the lame horse it rode in on.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:40:51

At 3/26/11 10:05 PM, Mestophales wrote: They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

10% off anything in the store under $500?

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:41:16

At 3/27/11 02:20 AM, groundpwndr wrote:
At 3/27/11 02:15 AM, ifureadthisdie wrote:
That's because it IS pixelated. It's also not a sprite, but if you hate sprites because it's pixelated...well then i must say, fuck you, pixel art in general is awesome as proven by poxpower.
Who the fuck is PoxPower, and pixel art is not awesome. It was awesome back in the 80's, now it is boring and borderline parasitic. It should be euthanized in Carousel. Also, that is a sprite. I don't think you know what a sprite is, let alone what awesome could even begin to be.

Actually, a sprite is just a 2D image (bitmap). What you're thinking of are sprites in terms of 2D video game graphics, which you're still using wrong. Anything pixelated does not automatically mean a sprite as in 2D VG art.

PoxPower is an awesome pixel artist and mod here. Pixel art is still awesome now, and it's not borderline plastic it's creative and it feels colorful and retro. So yea, fuck you.

Back on topic now.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:47:06

...whaaat?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:48:28

you guys do realize that newgrounds is independent right?

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 02:58:41

At 3/27/11 02:48 AM, klik wrote: you guys do realize that newgrounds is independent right?

Oh you say that now klik. However you won't be too happy when they force you to lower the price of your handjobs to $1.50 plus tax.

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 03:01:47

At 3/27/11 03:00 AM, speeling wrote: Downloaded this off of the Target-Newgrounds Torrent. I don't know if this is official or not, but I'm pretty excited for this.

had to screen because it wouldn't save for me.

Looks good.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 03:02:35

Sigh.. 1st april is coming up... wonder if this has something to do with that?

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 03:08:28

At 3/27/11 02:48 AM, klik wrote: you guys do realize that newgrounds is independent right?

So was the public access channel, but they were bought by FOX... well, the one in my area anyways.

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 03:19:17

At 3/27/11 02:51 AM, groundpwndr wrote: Now hold on, 1. I never said pixel art was plastic. I said it was parasitic.

That was my mistake then.
2. A sprite is just a 2D image, but I am wrong in thinking they are 2D images? lol, you don't know what you are talking about.
No, I meant you were wrong because you most likely thought since it's pixelated it counts as a sprite in terms of 2d pixelated video game art. Read "MOST LIKELY" over and over again before you jump to another wrong conclusion.
3. Your tastes of awesome are different than mine, but to insult me because of this, merely proves my point.
Yea no shit, I'm all for different opinions, but that's not entirely why I insulted you, I just had a vibe that you were a douche.
4. You merely sucking a MODS dick.
So any sort of compliment to a person who happens to have mod power is automatically rationalized as dick sucking? I just love his pixel art but i guess to you THAT'S JUST WAY TOO MUCH MAN!
5. I forget the rest but your mother is a whore.

Oh come on i know you can do better. (If you're actually going to try then do it via PM)

LEAVE THIS ARGUMENT BE

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 03:23:39

Targrounds

Selected items now 15% off

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to Target is buying Newgrounds 2011-03-27 04:01:08

seriously wheres the proof
the cnn thingy doesn't work i need proof

My book of faces

My Xbox Gamertag: AngeltheArson

How about you check out the cool shirts we make by clicking on my sig? ;)

BBS Signature