00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Modern Warfare 3 to be announced

5,800 Views | 80 Replies

Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 15:07:39

Read here that Modern Warfare 3 is gonna be announced this tuesday!! Can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 15:18:42

It's not THAT much of a shocker seeing how Activision pulls out a Call of Duty like it's a Madden game every year. Seeing how they're producing info this early, Activision's number-one prime goal now is to hype it until it falls into oblivion. Which it will.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 15:50:34

I can wait, I can wait plenty of time. Judging by the last few CoD games it's going to be pretty terrible.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 15:53:29

they're gonna milk the cashcow that is CoD until it dies aren't they

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 15:55:46

At 2/25/11 03:18 PM, FlaminSquirrel wrote: It's not THAT much of a shocker seeing how Activision pulls out a Call of Duty like it's a Madden game every year. Seeing how they're producing info this early, Activision's number-one prime goal now is to hype it until it falls into oblivion. Which it will.

No its even worse then madden games, now they release call of duty games every 6 months. After a couple years I can see them making call of duty games every couple weeks.

Before cal of duty wasn't so popular, they would only make them every couple years.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:00:03

Its going to be awful. But I'll still buy it :C

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:01:44

At 2/25/11 03:07 PM, TholomewP wrote: Read here that Modern Warfare 3 is gonna be announced this tuesday!! Can't wait!

...so they announced that they're going to announce a game that was already announced?

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:05:24

At 2/25/11 03:55 PM, Chiroz wrote: now they release call of duty games every 6 months.

the fuck are you talking about?

One company releases a game every 2 years.
Another releases a game every 2 years.

You should be getting angry with Ubisoft for releasing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a year after Assassin's Creed 2, and then planning another game to come out just a year after Brotherhood. That's worse because the series has one developer. No one seems to be complaining about this, even though Brotherhood is basically Assassin's Creed 2 with a new story and some multiplayer.

Why do people have to complain? Just don't fucking buy the game if you're so worried about it.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:09:58

At 2/25/11 03:55 PM, Chiroz wrote: No its even worse then madden games, now they release call of duty games every 6 months.

CoD 4 - 2007
WaW - 2008
MW2 - 2009
Black Ops - 2010

Small world.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:43:48

It's going to be awful. It's going to be the same game it's been for the last four years. It's ridiculous. It's going to fucking sell like hot cakes.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:50:00

At 2/25/11 04:00 PM, LulzCal wrote: Its going to be awful. But I'll still buy it :C

Uh... why?
I personally don't have too many issues with the Call of Duty series, it's a mediocre shooter to me that I have some mindless fun with. I have no issues with people who love the series, or even those that hate it, enjoy what you will... but why waste money on a game you know is going to be awful?

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 16:56:43

Unlike these nonconformists, I'm looking forward to MW3. Very much so in fact.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 17:02:29

Also,

Call of Duty - 9.0

Call of Duty 2 - 8.8

Call of Duty 3 - 8.8

Call of Duty 4 - 9.0

Call of Duty 5 - 8.5

Call of Duty MW2 - 9.0

Call of Duty BLOPS - 9.0

Call of Duty MW3 - 4.0?!?!?!

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 17:16:58

At 2/25/11 05:05 PM, Travis wrote: From those I suspect that you are a Call of Duty fanboy. Some of the games were that good, but not all of them were that good and if you rerelease the same game over and over again... (WaW-BLOPS) then it should only be losing points.

Gimme some legitimate sites that give any of the COD games a low score.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 17:32:42

At 2/25/11 05:05 PM, Travis wrote: if you rerelease the same game over and over again... (WaW-BLOPS)

These games are really fucking different. What are you talking about?

They are from the same series, so of course the main gameplay is going to be the same and they will be similar in other ways, like ANY SEQUEL FOR ANY GAME EVER. Seriously, point out a sequel to a game that changed a whole lot.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 17:41:26

I like the COD games.

I play Black Ops all the time and have a lot of fun doing so.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 17:59:32

At 2/25/11 05:51 PM, Travis wrote: You want a sequel that changed!? Final Fantasy 6 to Final Fantasy 7.

Not really, considering they're all just clicking on menus for several hours.

Modern Warfare 3 to be announced

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 18:14:29

At 2/25/11 05:51 PM, Travis wrote: You want a sequel that changed!? Final Fantasy 6 to Final Fantasy 7.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I wouldn't exactly call that a fair analogy due to the fact that said transition was when games were going from 2D to 3D. Of course it would change drastically.

But I agree with Travis. The Call of Duty games offer very little differences with the overall gameplay. I realize that in a series, the games are going to have the core gameplay of what made the series good in the first place. The problem with Call of Duty, however, lies that it feels like a reskin every time since CoD 4. If you play Call of Duty 4 and then to MW2, there is little change in gameplay AND strategy. And with the rapid releases of Call of Duty each year, it offers little time to truly develop into something fresh. It's like the Madden of FPS games, in which each new version is basically a reskin with slightly different modes.

BUT this kind of stuff happens to other games as well. If you look at Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel, it's the same exact thing but with different levels. In a way, SMG2 is a slight improvement or differentiation of the original, yet you could argue that it's still essentially the same game. Same with most game sequels out there. Until new technology is available, game sequels routinely stay the same.

The reason why Call of Duty gets beef over this is that they're shoveling out sequels each year. DLC and updates for previous titles just stop because everyone wants the newest version of Call of Duty. It's ridiculous. Games like WaW, MW2, and Black Ops are alright sequels, but because of the rapid releases, it gets monotonous and bland fast. Activision SHOULD have released CoD games maybe two years or so after each sequel with support for better DLC until then. But they know that fanboys and "hardcore" console gamers will buy them because it's "edgy" and "hardcore." That's why the DLC is expensive for just a couple of maps and that a new CoD is released each year because Activision knows how stupid people are.

If that's too long I'll give you a TL;DR:
There's no problem with new Call of Duty sequels or having it close to the same as the last game. But because Activision releases a new version each year, it gets tedious and monotonous when it's the same exact engine but with different maps. With that in mind, it might as well be DLC. But it's not, and people will buy the new version because of CoD's reputation. And Activision knows this.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 18:39:05

At 2/25/11 04:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: You should be getting angry with Ubisoft for releasing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a year after Assassin's Creed 2

Shut up, Cole. Brohood may have been released just a year after AssCreed 2, but it was more
of a side thing to see how multiplayer would be and to clear up Ezio's story to make way for
an all-new character in Assassin's Creed 3, as opposed to the same dull, repetitive piece of
shit being reskinned every year since 2003.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 18:53:40

I'm not liking forward to this. I mean they should take some time on the next game and really invent it. Its really sad what they've done to the game, hopefully they'll find some way if possible to redeem themselves and the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 19:59:30

At 2/25/11 04:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: Why do people have to complain? Just don't fucking buy the game if you're so worried about it.

Why is Makeshift the first guy that understands this shouldn't get people that angry? He's supposed to be the idiot who sold his PS3 for an Xbox.

Seriously, we have this argument monthly, whether or not a Call of Duty game is coming or just came. Just focus on other titles that do interest you. I hear there's gonna be another Gears of War and a new Portal game this year. Wheeeeeee

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:11:40

Im probably going to avoid this one.
I bought modern warfare 1 on the wii
World at war on the wii
Modern warfare 2 on the 360
and now black ops on the 360.

Im getting sick of this I won't buy it this year. Il just milk everything I can out of black ops until I hit 15th prestige.

Oh by the way
MW1(5th prestige)
WaW(1st prestige then quit after 5 levels)
MW2(1st prestige then quit after 20 levels)
Black ops(8th prestige currently level 28)

(the only reason I mention this is because I don't want you guys thinking I take it to the last level every game. I definitely do not.)

I think black ops is the only game Im going to go all the way with. I have no intentions of going with a new game if it is released later this year like I expect it to be.

Fall 2011 I expect the 3DS and wii to take my life back over again.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:12:07

At 2/25/11 07:59 PM, Gustavos wrote: He's supposed to be the idiot who sold his PS3 for an Xbox.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:12:44

At 2/25/11 08:10 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Another shitty yearly release filtered through a slightly different story with no real improvements, marketed to generally kids.

Rejoice!!!!

MW3 will take a dump on BF3's front lawn.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:15:23

At 2/25/11 08:14 PM, Travis wrote:
At 2/25/11 08:12 PM, Danavers wrote:
And so it begins...

I'm still waiting for my links you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:17:18

At 2/25/11 08:12 PM, Danavers wrote: MW3 will take a dump on BF3's front lawn.

I wonder more and more whether this forum is populated more by sane, intelligent gamers who can bring good points across in discussion, or fanboys who have no solid argument against all but their chosen franchise.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:17:26

Hehe.. Haha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA AA!!!

Haaah... Call of Duty.

People still have faith in this steaming pile of shit?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:22:07

Hahaha you guys are like video game hipsters.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:33:11

At 2/25/11 08:12 PM, Danavers wrote:
At 2/25/11 08:10 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Another shitty yearly release filtered through a slightly different story with no real improvements, marketed to generally kids.

Rejoice!!!!

lol I actually want to try BF3. I have liked what I have seen so far. I will definitely try that game once it comes out.

Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-25 20:40:27

OK, everyone can stop saying a game they know nothing about is shit because the reveal is a hoax:

"There seems to be a great deal of speculation about the next Call of Duty project. Let me be clear that we are not revealing yet. Anything indicating otherwise is a hoax."

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature