Be a Supporter!

Modern Warfare 3 to be announced

  • 3,007 Views
  • 129 Replies
New Topic
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 06:14:22

At 2/25/11 08:48 PM, animehater wrote: I pray to god we actually have some fucking Americans be the main characters this time.

Shut the fuck up. Asshole.


last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
aceofsleep
aceofsleep
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 08:14:41

At 2/25/11 09:28 PM, FlaminSquirrel wrote:
At 2/25/11 09:01 PM, Danavers wrote: The players eh?
Yes, the players.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just because a game gets a 9.0 or a 10 from a site like IGN doesn't mean everyone's going to like it. These sites prove it. And they have good reasons too: the community is crap, the multiplayer's unbalanced, the campaign is lackluster, and it has terrible PC support. The reason so many people play it is because Activision knows how to make "hardcore" gamers flock to games with guns, blood, and lots-o-action even when the rest of the experience is pretty average at best. To each their own, I guess. I'm not stopping you from getting this CoD or saying your opinion is crap. I'm just saying that CoD does have issues that make people not like it.

Danavers/codfans will ignore your post, it shows other people, who aren't a paid company to hand over cod a good review, give it a bad review.

In all honesty I hope generic warfare games die out completely already, seriously how about something original for once? (Never mind it won't happen, 52957 generic warfare games will be released by the end of 2020)

Gasthecar
Gasthecar
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 08:29:14

I want COD 3 style multiplayer with no ranks, give me this now

This single person demands that a multi-millionaire company bows to his needs
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 09:01:59

At 2/26/11 08:14 AM, aceofsleep wrote: Danavers/codfans will ignore your post, it shows other people, who aren't a paid company to hand over cod a good review, give it a bad review.

That's why I ended up saying "to each their own" because I knew they were either going to ignore it or attack it. I don't really have an issue with Call of Duty; I found Black Ops entertaining albeit not the best game I've ever played. Not saying that being a fan of anything's bad, but they need to quit defending the game whenever someone doesn't like it. People won't always go with what IGN says and buy it because it's popular. It's like the Oprah's Book Club of gaming. Haters gonna hate. Telling scores from IGNorant sites or saying how popular the game is won't change a person's view of a game, be it amazing, good, mediocre, or crap.

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 09:23:16

all i know is that game is going to be a good one


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? was her name tenneassi omtish

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 09:27:02

www.findmakarov.com.

so as it says at this website this how much time we have left


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? was her name tenneassi omtish

BBS Signature
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 09:52:15

Screw that. After Black Ops, I'm not buying Call of Duty again. Too much of the same for too high a price.

Only works for Armoured Core because I usually can pick it up for $5 or less
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 10:04:07

At 2/26/11 09:27 AM, kazumazkan wrote: www.findmakarov.com.

so as it says at this website this how much time we have left

Did anyone read my post earlier? It's a hoax.

At 2/26/11 08:14 AM, aceofsleep wrote: In all honesty I hope generic warfare games die out completely already, seriously how about something original for once?

Are you really that ignorant? Look around at the games coming out or that recently came out.

This thread is just stupid.

Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 10:05:56

I'll buy and enjoy it like every other call of duty title and it will be one of the best blockbuster games of the year.


Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
Lee
Lee
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 10:23:00

As a couple of people have said before, its a hoax.

Here's a link to a Kotaku article saying that activision have stated that they werent responsible behind the website.

Link

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 10:28:46

At 2/25/11 09:01 PM, Travis wrote: Seriously though... the latest gameplay trailer from BC 3 looked like something new for once.
BC 3

Bad Company 3?

No man, it's Battlefield 3.


#sweg #huzzledongs #sweg

BBS Signature
SN0WC0NE17
SN0WC0NE17
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 11:22:07

Cool, can't wait till Tuesday. I'm also glad that MW3 will finish the fight between Soap and Makarov instead leaving the cliffhanger ending in MW2 and going into a different view (at least if any of this is true).

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 11:36:11

At 2/26/11 11:22 AM, SN0WC0NE17 wrote: I'm also glad that MW3 will finish the fight between Soap and Makarov instead leaving the cliffhanger ending in MW2

Yeah, because that was REALLY likely to happen.

You actually care about the story of MW. I pity you.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-26 12:03:49

At 2/26/11 06:14 AM, Jackho wrote: Shut the fuck up. Asshole.

The fact that your ignorant ass has so obviously failed to read my post beyond the first few words makes me giggle.


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 14:19:39

HAHAHA, it was a hoax!
What do you buy a new Call of Duty for anyway? New multiplayer maps and more glitches?

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 15:08:03

At 2/27/11 02:44 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
PROVIDE SOME FUCKING EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR FUCKING CLAIMS!

The fact that EVERY game that gets released gets the EXACT SAME " 10/10 this is the bestest game evar! " review. None of them ever go into detail. They take bribes. Get over it.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 15:46:37

At 2/27/11 03:20 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I ASKED YOU TO PROVE THAT GAME REVIEWERS TOOK BRIBES

I really, REALLY don't want to interrupt this love fest, but I will say that while bribery might be out of the question, developers do (or at least attempt to) influence what reviewers think of a game. Watch this and it'll show that developers give reviewers a "review guide" that walks them through a game. Also, if the score varies differently from everyone else's, developers can react like they did in the video. I'm not for nor against Travis's or your view, but I'm just throwing out that developers can and probably will try to get people to re-review games if such a scenario were to occur.

But does this necessarily apply to Call of Duty? Heck if I care. CoD's popular and successful. It also isn't the first franchise to be milked to death and re-skinned each year. Whether or not it is good or not is entirely opinion. Call of Duty's success shows that there's people who like the game while you have others who like Battlefield and Counter-Strike say otherwise. It's a mixed bag. The views of the masses might be different from the views of the gamers as well.

Travis -- just stop feeding RWG. I understand your views of Call of Duty, but describing the possibilities that reviewers get bribed is useless when it still remains popular among people. If its fate turns out to being milked to death like Guitar Hero, so be it. Activision knows what people want, and right now they want CoD. Doesn't mean that there aren't other shooters that are better IYO.
RWG -- CoD's successful, but there's no need to justify yourself when others don't like it. What's the phrase, "haters gonna hate"? If YOU like Call of Duty, that's fine and dandy. But trying to defend your opinion on a forum is silly. There's no facts to back up an opinion. That's why it's called an opinion. Again, haters gonna hate, so play while others could really care or hate for it.

Just throwin' it out there.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 15:49:34

Holy shit, this thread is stupid.

IGN and Gamespot's reviews are always very close to reviews from other sites. They are never too high. I also never see 10/10s.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 15:52:53

I don't know (and don't care) if any review sites have taken bribes.

They certainly could have, though.

They may be bribed, or they may give certain games higher scores than they deserve to please their userbase and/or sponsors.

But honestly, who gives a shit. Only a moron would buy a game based on what a critic says.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22 "It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 16:01:24

At 2/27/11 03:49 PM, Makeshift wrote: Holy shit, this thread is stupid.

IGN and Gamespot's reviews are always very close to reviews from other sites. They are never too high. I also never see 10/10s.

Dutch magazine Power Unlimited actually gave Black Ops a 98/100, saying it was "absolutely the game of the year". When the game of the year list came, not a single writer had it in their top 10.
They also hyped that game way too much, actually releasing some kind of mini booklet with the magazine.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 16:35:41

At 2/27/11 03:31 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 2/27/11 03:08 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 2/27/11 02:44 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
PROVIDE SOME FUCKING EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR FUCKING CLAIMS!
The fact that EVERY game that gets released gets the EXACT SAME " 10/10 this is the bestest game evar! "
Does this look like a "BGE" review?
How about this?
That's THREE major game review outlets, and though they all disagree with idiots like you, none of the reviews are at all like the reviews you mentioned.

ALL THREE OF THOSE SITES PROVED MY POINT.

None of them ever go into detail.
Huh, I could swear that IGN ALONE went into a whopping 3 pages of detail.

They just over-elongated everything. Half of that shit was just saying the same over in different ways.

They take bribes. Get over it.
"WAH WAH THEY LIKE THE GAME THAT I'M TRYING TO BASH" isn't proof.

" WAH WAH THEY HATE THE GAME THAT I LIKE " your " proof " has consisted of nothing but talking about straw man arguments and other bullshit.

Any game a big company releases is going to get bribed.

Company releases game
Reviewers get bribed
People buy said game because it got " amazing " reviews.

It's that simple.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 17:01:50

RightWingGamer
Travis

Neither of you are going to convince the other to change their opinion so both of you should just shut up or this will go on forever.


last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 17:02:21

Wow if I were a mod i'd give all me you a warning you're all pathetic.
I just thought i'd drop in and say that I saw no kotaku that this was a hoax. Not sure if its been posted about yet


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Killerhammer
Killerhammer
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 18:55:25

5 places in Russia marked by a "radar"

ARG mayhaps?

i'mma go eat me a big ol' fuckin' bagel (Derpy Hooves sig courtesy of brony ryan)

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 19:54:36

Arrgh!!! My opinion on a trivial and stupid matter that is mostly based on opinions differs from your's!!! Let's argue about it endlessly, not making any new ground, but just recycling the same points!!!!


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22 "It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 19:56:49

At 2/27/11 07:45 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
You are a sad, strange little man, and I find you hilarious. You must have been dropped on your head as a child to think that you don't need to prove your points for them to hold validity in an argument.

Oh, and BTW, it is YOU who must admit that YOU are wrong. I have nothing to admit, because I don't make baseless accusations like a troll.

I think both you and Travis were dropped as children because apparently, this retarded argument is still going. No one is going to change another's opinion, so just shut up and let's move on.


Xbox live: C0n Queso PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 20:23:55

Burden of proof lies with both parties you twit. Just as it is possible to prove something is true it is possible to prove something ISN'T true. Don't even try and pull that bullshit.

Thing is, you have tried saying it is fact that bribes don't happen. But are you a game producer? What's that? You're not? So you can't actually know that bribes don't happen. You can BELIEVE that it doesn't but that's it.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Retrospective
Retrospective
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 20:36:10

Anyone remember when it came to light that IGN was once paid to give good reviews and everyone left because of that? Ever seen a fan boy review a game made by a company he loves say it's amazing without reason? Ever seen an opinion distorted because if the person says harsh things about it then their fan base will turn on them? The last example is most game reviewers nowadays.They'll admit it has flaws and it's a tired concept, but dress it over with all the good. THAT IS THE WORST THING TO DO WHEN REVIEWING. People read reviews to find out whether the game is either;

- To their taste
- Flawed in areas
- Worth their money

That, and it's crap to read positive things about things constantly.

I'm kinda going on with myself, but my point is, maybe reviewers aren't being bribed. There could be hundreds of different reasons they give out positive scores on a popular franchise. Don't always assume it's money trading hands.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 20:44:36

At 2/27/11 08:31 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 2/27/11 08:23 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Burden of proof lies with both parties you twit. Just as it is possible to prove something is true it is possible to prove something ISN'T true. Don't even try and pull that bullshit.

Thing is, you have tried saying it is fact that bribes don't happen. But are you a game producer? What's that? You're not? So you can't actually know that bribes don't happen. You can BELIEVE that it doesn't but that's it.
The INITIAL burden of proof indeed lies with the accuser, it is then the other party's job to rebut said proof.

And you accused that it doesn't happen. Do you realize how completely pointless ANY attempt at discussion would become if you follow these rules? People like you distort this simple rule to give yourselves an advantage.

Also, I'm not saying it CAN'T happen. It's just that Travis here has convinced himself that it DID happen and won't provide any evidence to support his accusations.

You quite clearly said it doesn't happen earlier.

Funny thought. Imagine Travis as a district attorney. "No, the defendant is guilty. Crimes happen, therefore he did it. Admit that you're wrong, because I don't need evidence."

My point is that you have no more evidence than Travis does so don't try and act like you do.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Modern Warfare 3 to be announced 2011-02-27 21:38:15

At 2/27/11 09:04 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 2/27/11 08:44 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 2/27/11 08:31 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: The INITIAL burden of proof indeed lies with the accuser, it is then the other party's job to rebut said proof.
And you accused that it doesn't happen. Do you realize how completely pointless ANY attempt at discussion would become if you follow these rules? People like you distort this simple rule to give yourselves an advantage.
Are you high? You can't accuse something of NOT happening. Why are you trying to stick up for Travis, anyway?

THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO. And I'm not defending Travis, I'm defending logic and common sense.

Also, I'm not saying it CAN'T happen. It's just that Travis here has convinced himself that it DID happen and won't provide any evidence to support his accusations.
You quite clearly said it doesn't happen earlier.
Doesn't, not can't. As in I CAN dislocate my elbow using only a hammer, but I DON'T. Same thing with the reviewers: they CAN accept bribes, but DON'T. And hey, as far as I'm concerned, if it hasn't been proven, or can't BE proven, then it didn't happen.

Saying that bribes don't happen is just that. I don't think you understand the difference between can't and don't. And how do you actually know they don't take bribes? Oh that's right, you don't.

Funny thought. Imagine Travis as a district attorney. "No, the defendant is guilty. Crimes happen, therefore he did it. Admit that you're wrong, because I don't need evidence."
My point is that you have no more evidence than Travis does so don't try and act like you do.
Okay, there's an analogy I like to use for situations like this. It's called Russell's Teapot, and it basically states that if I were to say that there was an invisible teapot orbiting earth, then it'd be a bitch for you to provide evidence that the teapot isn't there. That's why it would fall to ME to prove the teapot's existence before it can be disproven.

Understand?

EXACTLY, YOU made the accusation that reviewers don't take bribes therefore YOU must back yourself up with evidence, which you have failed to do.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature