Be a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

  • 71,863 Views
  • 2,066 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 8 minutes ago, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: Just played as jet fighter today. Quite hard to control. Got 3 kills in a round.

Agreed. Three kills for first round is pretty good to be honest.

Speaking of flying, my friend and I can't get past the second co-op mission because we both can't fly for shit and we don't have controllers/joysticks.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Unlock .44 magnum

become Dirty Harry


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 16 hours ago, The-iMortal wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: Just played as jet fighter today. Quite hard to control. Got 3 kills in a round.
Agreed. Three kills for first round is pretty good to be honest.

Speaking of flying, my friend and I can't get past the second co-op mission because we both can't fly for shit and we don't have controllers/joysticks.

Taking off is the hardest part. A little steer of my mouse would end up crashing. I barely got a kill today. >.> crashing or get shot down until I decided to give up.


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
unfrnlyshd0w
unfrnlyshd0w
  • Member since: Mar. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

Well I play Call of Duty, but I also enjoy Battlefield. I do prefer Battlefield though.

Do you think Modern Warfare 3 is better then Battlefield 3 in your opinion?

ghostxero
ghostxero
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate

if my calculations are correct. When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, your gonna see some serious shit!

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 03:35 AM Reply

At 5 hours ago, unfrnlyshd0w wrote:
Well I play Call of Duty, but I also enjoy Battlefield. I do prefer Battlefield though.
Do you think Modern Warfare 3 is better then Battlefield 3 in your opinion?

Not this again.

Thou shall keep your opinions!!!


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 16th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

The USAS is still a pretty fun and arguably overpowered weapon.I mean I do sense a little reduction in power and damage capability but its still a weapon to be reckoned with.

MysticMan
MysticMan
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 03:31 AM Reply

Anyone will battlefield 3 for the playstation 3 should add me up, nobody i know plays so im getting lonely..

IM_BRUCE_WILLIS
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 09:47 AM Reply

At 6 hours ago, MysticMan wrote: Anyone will battlefield 3 for the playstation 3 should add me up, nobody i know plays so im getting lonely..

IM_BRUCE_WILLIS

ill play with you :)


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
cthulawasmymama
cthulawasmymama
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

Has anyone been experiencing the server issues in the campaign? If so can you send me a PM telling me if there is any kind of solution to this? Im on the 3rd or 4th level where start out in the tank and everything around is just wrecked and you turn into the alley way and thats where it cuts off for me. Great game but shitty server apparently...

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:32 AM Reply

At 13 hours ago, cthulawasmymama wrote: Has anyone been experiencing the server issues in the campaign? If so can you send me a PM telling me if there is any kind of solution to this? Im on the 3rd or 4th level where start out in the tank and everything around is just wrecked and you turn into the alley way and thats where it cuts off for me. Great game but shitty server apparently...

If you're on a PC, disconnect your internet and log into Origin as offline. Then open BF3 - it'll automatically take you into campaign.

MysticMan
MysticMan
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 2 days ago, kazumazkan wrote:
At 6 hours ago, MysticMan wrote: Anyone will battlefield 3 for the playstation 3 should add me up, nobody i know plays so im getting lonely..

IM_BRUCE_WILLIS
ill play with you :)

Right on, Add me. Unfortunatley the servers are down for a new patch update. i dont know when its due to come back on.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 37 minutes ago, MysticMan wrote:
At 2 days ago, kazumazkan wrote:
At 6 hours ago, MysticMan wrote: Anyone will battlefield 3 for the playstation 3 should add me up, nobody i know plays so im getting lonely..

IM_BRUCE_WILLIS
ill play with you :)
Right on, Add me. Unfortunatley the servers are down for a new patch update. i dont know when its due to come back on.

It should be back up around 2AM PST.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150622237602672&se t=a.10150104682062672.279492.308775617671&type=1&theater

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 20th, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

Anyone on the PS3 can add me Im Eckowr.I may not be able to join all invites but ill try.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:15 AM Reply

So Stingers and Iglas seem to make better decorations than actual weapons. When trying to take down even a fucking Little Bird, I might as well parachute in front of it and hope my spit blocks the pilot's screen.

THAT is more effective.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:53 AM Reply

At 23 hours ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: So Stingers and Iglas seem to make better decorations than actual weapons. When trying to take down even a fucking Little Bird, I might as well parachute in front of it and hope my spit blocks the pilot's screen.

THAT is more effective.

I take down choppers and jets ALL the time with those weapons, actually.

Anyway, I just unlocked the TV missile for the Attack Chopper, and it's not as great as I had hoped. Controls are REALLY sluggish. Anybody actually been able to use that thing effectively?

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 23 hours ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: So Stingers and Iglas seem to make better decorations than actual weapons. When trying to take down even a fucking Little Bird, I might as well parachute in front of it and hope my spit blocks the pilot's screen.

THAT is more effective.
I take down choppers and jets ALL the time with those weapons, actually.

I might just happen to target all the ones who have stealth AND flares, then.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 12:59 AM Reply

At 23 hours ago, MultiCanimefan wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 23 hours ago, MultiCanimefan wrote: So Stingers and Iglas seem to make better decorations than actual weapons. When trying to take down even a fucking Little Bird, I might as well parachute in front of it and hope my spit blocks the pilot's screen.

THAT is more effective.
I take down choppers and jets ALL the time with those weapons, actually.
I might just happen to target all the ones who have stealth AND flares, then.

The trick is to not fire immediately. A lot of times, people deploy the flares as soon as you lock, and don't wait for you to fire. If you wait for them to launch flares, then lock on again, they're defenseless.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

Anyone know if they are nerfing the Famas I unlocked it today.Its pretty awesome.I know they are reducing magazine size to 25.But what about damage,accuracy capabilities?

Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 05:00 AM Reply

I got so much hatemail <3

A Thread for Battlefield 3

Synde
Synde
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 05:42 AM Reply

Delicious Battlefield. Love the new server types for LIVE. Will give out my gamertag as soon as I change it if anyone wants to add me. I don't play squad rush, or snipe, and that's about it.


cUNT DESTROYER

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 08:03 AM Reply

At 3/26/12 05:00 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: I got so much hatemail <3

I had a match like that where I was using the engineers little repair robot. I could feel the hate coming from the other team.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 3/26/12 05:00 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: I got so much hatemail <3

Its a shame that they appear to be nerfing the MAV. If I read it correctly its supposed to blow up when you run into infantry at high speeds in the next patch.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 3/26/12 05:00 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: I got so much hatemail <3

lol!thats intense.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

I hate that this game wont work on my PC. It's a shame because I got it free when I bought it (the PC), and yet the only person that plays it is my friend that I let on my account. I played it over his and I can't get over how much better the game is on PC. The 64 player maps, the sensitivity, everything just feels better. Only problem is jets are strange to fly, they always seem to wobble for me even when I'm not moving the mouse.

I hope I don't start a flame war, I still love playing it on Xbox and I hope to buy it soon again, because I was only renting it. I also can't wait for the close quarters DLC, but I can't help but think how much cooler it would be on PC with more players and stuff.

I neeeeeeeeeeed a new graphics card.

AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Hey guys check out this small clip I made. Added some sound effects from freesound.org. It's 20 seconds long. "Protecting The MCOM"

I didn't no scope 5 people in a row or anything so don't get your hopes up haha.

It was fun!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O4w-CcmUN8

Synde
Synde
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 27th, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

Gamertag: LeetRepPro

It will be truly gay.


cUNT DESTROYER

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 29th, 2012 @ 08:10 AM Reply

is it just me or with the patch the game feels weird


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 29th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

Hey, can anyone tell me if I would be able to run the game on PC?
My specs are:
Intel Pentium Dual core CPU @2.20 GHz
3.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 32 bit
Gtx 550 Ti


I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Mar. 29th, 2012 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 3/27/12 12:26 AM, Synde wrote: Gamertag: LeetRepPro

It will be truly gay.

Yeah the patch totally has created a learning curve for some of the weapons.They really increased the recoil on the Famas its no longer the beast.Im trying to find what the new OP; weapon is now.