00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,067,876 Views | 77,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 08:42:28

At 1/16/08 06:45 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote:
At 1/16/08 03:57 AM, PenisClown wrote: Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Bill can't write lyrics for shit.
I think his lyrics are just.... potatoes.

Lolz, Not as good as mine though, Remember that whole Song about immortality Written in like 5 seconds for Ryan?

A couple of chords in Drop B later and it was complete.

Also, everyone shut up and listen to what I have to say.
I am writing a 4 part song, which is possibly the most awesome thing ever. 1 Metalcore bit. 1 Death bit. 1 ghey acoustic bit to balance things out. And 1 power metal bit.

Parts:
Part 1-I Matter (The Ideal Death)
Part 2-Hellfire Will Purge Your Soul
Part 3-Everlasting Shreds of my Sorrow
Part 4-From the Ashes I Will Rise

If you're looking a challenge, guess which one's which.

However, I have hit a snag. I have the basslines, vocals, drums and most of the guitars figured out. The snag is that:
I cannot write solos to save my life. And while I've got solos for I Matter and Everlasting Shreds of My Sorrow figured out, they're pretty simple and easy to play.

On another note, I spotted a genuine Warlock in the music shop today. I am SO getting it for my birthday.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 10:02:28

At 1/15/08 08:04 PM, Bonemill wrote: Anyways, any of you guys here like Agalloch?

Aye, Agalloch is awesome. I have 'Pale Folklore,' 'The Mantle' and 'Ashes Against the Grain,' all of which are really good, especially 'Ashes.' I never would have thought that this kind of metal would come from a place like Portland, Oregon, but what do I know? I hope the White EP is as good.

All's I know is, I can't wait for the new Hate Eternal, Immortal, Cannibal Corpse, Belphegor, Fear Factory, and Melechesh albums.

"Most people with low self-esteem have earned it." - George Carlin

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 10:08:30

At 1/15/08 08:04 PM, Bonemill wrote: Anyways, any of you guys here like Agalloch?

Aye, Agalloch is awesome. I have 'Pale Folklore,' 'The Mantle' and 'Ashes Against the Grain,' all of which are really good, especially 'Ashes.' I never would have thought that this kind of metal would come from a place like Portland, Oregon, but what do I know? I hope the White EP is as good.

All's I know is, I can't wait for the new Hate Eternal, Immortal, Cannibal Corpse, Belphegor, Fear Factory, and Melechesh albums.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 10:10:55

Whoops, sorry, double post not intended.

Right now I'm playing some old school DM - Obituary's 'Cause of Death' album always makes me want to punch shit. And punch it good. "CHHAAAWWWPPP INNNN AAUUUUUUUGHH! FEEEEEL THEE BLAUUGGH SPIIILL FRO YOOOO MOOOUUUUUUFFFF!"

Oh, John Tardy, how I can understand you is beyond me.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 10:17:17

No, they're weren't. No offense against Bill, I mean, Bill rules. He bummed a smoke of Lemmy, he's seen Black Sabbath a gajillion times.... That's more times that Idio has licked his arsehole.

But those lyrics sucked.

They were carrots.

Oh yeah.

Ulver's Bergtatt is fucking brilliant, and quite possibly the best album of all time, but Burzum? Well, I like Burzum. Hviss Lyset Tar Oss.... Man, that is fucking something. I own both of those albums, not downloaded (I recently vowed to never download music again and wipe all my downloaded stuff... Well I havn't wiped my Gorgoroth or my Darkthrone yet :S), they are masterpieces. So....

Ulver Burzum and Gorgoroth are tied as my favourite black metal bands. Darkthrone is second. Then um.... Well Mayhem are pissing me off, I don't like them that much anymore.

I had too much whiskey by the way.

Wait, not too much, that other thing.... Yeah, not enough. Wait here while I have some more.

Lol, whiskey is fucking potatoes.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 11:12:47

At 1/16/08 10:10 AM, ShogunNemesis wrote: Whoops, sorry, double post not intended.

Right now I'm playing some old school DM - Obituary's 'Cause of Death' album always makes me want to punch shit.

I preffer to stick on "World Demise" if I feel like Obituary. "Don't Care" i think is a much more appropriate song to play. Way to go for me having one of the original 1999 CD releases : D. Still looking for the original vinyl in the Camden lock market, they seem to have original releases of many things on vinyl except Obituary.

I have the original Darkthrone's Transylvanian hunger with the Ayran Black Metal message sleeve too if anyone cares.....

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 11:16:59

As a side note, I also now agree with Centurion's comment on the whole Slipknot thing. I don't go as far as the magazine Metal Hammer's view of IOWA being considered 'death metal' {not by a loooooooooooong shot} in their Oh-Six issue of the top fifty albums ever, but I do still think it has some, not all, of the metal ethos and aesthetics. Ok, I'm done talking about this subject now.

Still, I do preffer to stick on some Bezerker over Slipknot if I want angry music.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 13:17:11

YOU CANNOT KILL THE METAL, THE METAL WILL LIVE ON!!!!!

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 14:18:32

At 1/15/08 07:53 PM, TheBehemoth wrote: I have bad news for you guys. =(

I have almost totally stopped listening to metal.
Recently I been getting into funk, mid 90's gangsta rap, and rap.

no shame in liking medski martin and wood, geniuses that they are, specially with john scofield as well. maybe you could re-kindle your love of heavy music with something jazzy like john zorn? if not then, well take a listen to him anyway.

RZZZZZZ

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 16:01:23

At 1/11/08 03:40 PM, mrdurgan wrote:
At 1/11/08 03:24 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
A lot have electronica influence with jazz vocalists, or eastern/bulgarian/asian elements, some with orchestras, and some just kinda fall into this 'chillout' genre that's just as vague.
ooooo interesting, if you like indian music at all look up talvin singh, very cool spacey indo-electronica. he's an amazing drummer too.

Oi. Thanks for that recommendation. Some stuff I can't say is my style, but some of it is very interesting. Reminds me how I liked a lot of Georges traditional Indian influences in The Beatles.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 18:47:36

At 1/16/08 08:42 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:

Lolz, Not as good as mine though, Remember that whole Song about immortality Written in like 5 seconds for Ryan?
A couple of chords in Drop B later and it was complete.

NOOOOO!!!!
Not Chords! >:C

If I remember correctly, You said it would be Death metal!
DEATH METAL IS NOT CHORDS!!!!!

Also, everyone shut up and listen to what I have to say.

K lawl.

I am writing a 4 part song, which is possibly the most awesome thing ever.

Well, Frankly, With you writing it, I already expect some bad shit.
:1 Metalcore bit.
Ok, It's gonna suck.
:1 Death bit.
You can't play death! :S
:1 ghey acoustic bit to balance things out.
You can't play acoustic either, An Ghey acoustic songs are MY thing >:C
:And 1 power metal bit.
Ok, It's going to be an atrocity to music.

Parts:
Part 1-I Matter (The Ideal Death)
Part 2-Hellfire Will Purge Your Soul
Part 3-Everlasting Shreds of my Sorrow
Part 4-From the Ashes I Will Rise

Those are fucking terrible song titles!
they should never be so long, and those titles make no sense and just sound uncool.
I'm going to guess part 1 is metalcore, 2 is "death", 3 is acoustic, And 4 is powar.

I'd like to suggest some better titles, If you don't have lyrics down, Which I doubt, Since those titles suggest a lot of rhyming difficult words.

Part 1- I REFUSE TO NAME METALCORE, EVER.
Part 2- Fire of Purification (songs about Fire& Purifying, are the most overused thing in metal,Lame.)
Part3- The Darkest Veil of Grief (The Sorrow Within)
Part 4- Ashes, No More.

Lol no Such thing as overly poetic, Stfu.

I cannot write solos to save my life.

Ok.
I am just about to Give you some of the best advice, You will ever hear in your life.
PEOPLE, THAT CAN'T PLAY OR WRITE SOLOS, SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO WRITE SONGS WITH SOLOS IN THEM,IF YOU DO, THAT SOLO WILL SUCK, AND A BAD SOLO CAN BRING DOWN THE REST OF THE SONG FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY "omfg that was good advice"

Now, I know this Post has sounded just like I'm trolling you or being a dick for no reason, But I seriously doubt that you are working on Said songs, Since you have claimed to be working on Songs countless times, That never turn up.

And If you are, There is not a single speck of Doubt in my mind that it will SUCK, (Ok Sounds a bit overly mean, but I'm telling the truth here) I mean, I've heard some of your "songs" not only the epicly bad one,but another one as well, and seriously dude....

YOU HAVE NO CONCEPT OF WHAT A FUCKING SONG IS, Your "Songs" don't contain any beat,Any Structure at all, It's just random Power chords in Drop D, and I mean fucking random, I don't think you ever repeat the same note. EVER.

Then the Fucking "solos" It's like, You took some Behold...The Arctopus, And Slowed it down 8 times, And skipped a few notes to make it even easier to play, and like minus some of the already non-present structure.

Anyway.

YOU ARE NOT A MUSICIAN, YOU ARE A MALLKID, THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE AND THAT IS WHAT YOU SHALL BE.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 18:50:20

At 1/16/08 06:47 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote:
YOU ARE NOT A MUSICIAN, YOU ARE A MALLKID, THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE AND THAT IS WHAT YOU SHALL BE.

You're dumb.

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 18:53:20

At 1/16/08 06:50 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
You're dumb.

You're Female.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 19:21:03

At 1/16/08 03:57 AM, PenisClown wrote:
Smegol1 is like 12 years old.

Smeagol loves you too......

learn to spell my fucking name right.

so Im gonna get a new sig made. still thinking how I want it to look it's gonna be vocalists from all my favorite bands.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 19:49:40

At 1/16/08 10:17 AM, PenisClown wrote:
No, they're weren't. No offense against Bill, I mean, Bill rules. He bummed a smoke of Lemmy, he's seen Black Sabbath a gajillion times.... That's more times that Idio has licked his arsehole.

Whose butthole did I lick?

and what's your problem, seriously?

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 19:59:46

In response to my last post (being probably a week ago) I think I'm about done with this place. It's dumb, it's called "metal hell", I don't understand why I can't come in here with metalcore bands without being shunned and hated. It's absolutely ridiculous, that's like saying I can't come here because I like Power Metal, or like saying I can't get into the music crew or some shit because I like Justin Timberlake. Yeah, he sucks, but it's still music he's producing (whether it be shitty or not) and it can't possibly be done. No matter how hard you try, it can't be done.

All I'm asking is that you accept metalcore for the metalness in it and stop being such prudes about your fucking genres.

If ya' ain't got any idear uh wutz goin' on, go on n' mosey along.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 20:08:44

At 1/16/08 07:59 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote: All I'm asking is that you accept metalcore for the metalness in it and stop being such prudes about your fucking genres.

Most metalcore has very little metalness in it

Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 20:13:19

At 1/16/08 08:08 PM, Lost-Thought wrote:
At 1/16/08 07:59 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote: All I'm asking is that you accept metalcore for the metalness in it and stop being such prudes about your fucking genres.

How so?

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 20:16:10

At 1/16/08 08:13 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote:
How so?

listen while it has some metal influences it just does not feel like it has much metalness to it, it doesn't have the same feeling that metal has to it

Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 20:19:28

At 1/16/08 08:16 PM, Lost-Thought wrote:
At 1/16/08 08:13 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote:
How so?
listen while it has some metal influences it just does not feel like it has much metalness to it, it doesn't have the same feeling that metal has to it

The only thing different is that their isn't much "cookie monster" ( i love it, fuck you) vocals in it. And it has breakdowns (if you guys don't know what that is, it's like a mini solo, minus the solo, and everyone goes fucking nuts ( it's shit that's being played in half of what it really is))

And I see not too much difference.

Hardcore in general, I can understand. But Metalcore doesn't sound anything like regular hardcore shit. It's plenty different.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 20:53:38

Look at me! All I do is complain about how the general consensus of this club is that most metalcore derives mostly from hardcore and thus does not belong in this club, but I think otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 21:02:11

At 1/16/08 02:18 PM, mrdurgan wrote: no shame in liking medski martin and wood, geniuses that they are, specially with john scofield as well. maybe you could re-kindle your love of heavy music with something jazzy like john zorn? if not then, well take a listen to him anyway.

oh dude my friend loves john zorn

i've never met someone who likes (or has heard of) john zorn besides them

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 21:14:26

At 1/16/08 06:53 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote:
You're dumb.
You're Female.

That was a major fucking win...

Also NEW SHOW IS UP.

You guys should check it out ;)

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 21:21:07

At 1/16/08 11:12 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote:
At 1/16/08 10:10 AM, ShogunNemesis wrote: Whoops, sorry, double post not intended.

Right now I'm playing some old school DM - Obituary's 'Cause of Death' album always makes me want to punch shit.
I preffer to stick on "World Demise" if I feel like Obituary. "Don't Care" i think is a much more appropriate song to play. Way to go for me having one of the original 1999 CD releases : D. Still looking for the original vinyl in the Camden lock market, they seem to have original releases of many things on vinyl except Obituary.

I have the original version of Cause of Death, Slowly We Rot, and End Complete on both vinyl and CD, as well as World Demise, but frankly, beyond Cause of Death, I think Obituary kinda eats ass. The new album's really good though.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 21:29:41

At 1/16/08 10:08 AM, ShogunNemesis wrote:

Ashes against the grain is amazing. So is the mantle. I have them all and those are the two I listen to the most.

The new hate eternal album? Fury and Flames? You can check out one of those songs on the net they have it up its called Bringer of Storms if you want add me to MSN or AIM and I will send it, pm me about it.

The new belphegore album? DO SOME SPLAININ PL0X

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 21:42:29

At 1/16/08 09:02 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:

oh dude my friend loves john zorn

i've never met someone who likes (or has heard of) john zorn besides them

You're forgetting someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 21:55:56

At 1/16/08 09:42 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: You're forgetting someone.

I didn't know you liked him.

give me john zorn recommendations please?

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 22:00:20

At 1/16/08 06:53 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote:
You're dumb.
You're Female.

Yet I still have more balls you.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 22:01:13

dont know how to really start off, so ill just list my favorite bands
like metallica... old metallica during the 80s with cliff, like megadeth, symphony X, iron maiden, pantera, and trivium.

Response to Metal Hell 2008-01-16 22:01:54

At 1/16/08 07:59 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote:
All I'm asking is that you accept metalcore for the metalness in it and stop being such prudes about your fucking genres.

If ya' ain't got any idear uh wutz goin' on, go on n' mosey along.

If you wanna talk metalcore, why cant you just go to the giant fucking metalcore thread that metalcore fans have made who know and appreciate it way more than we know or appreciate it.
WAHWHAHWEJKHFJKSDF DSUCK MY COCK D:D:D:D:D:

BBS Signature