00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nardballs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Paper Mario!

16,525 Views | 89 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 20:16:48

If you have ever played any paper mario games, or beat them, just say which one you have played/beat.

Also, if you have played all of them, like myself, list your favorite.

Paper Mario-Played/Beat

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door-Played (almost got to the moon)

Super Paper Mario-Played/Beat

Favorite-Paper Mario
2nd Place-Super Paper Mario

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:01:12

At 12/27/10 08:16 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: If you have ever played any paper mario games, or beat them, just say which one you have played/beat.

Also, if you have played all of them, like myself, list your favorite.

Paper Mario-Played/Beat

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door-Played (almost got to the moon)

Super Paper Mario-Played/Beat

Favorite-Paper Mario

You pretty much summarized my list of Paper Mario games right there. I've beaten the 1st and 3rd then almost got to the moon on the 2nd. I like the 1st one the most, but I think I like Thousand Year Door better than Super Paper Mario though.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:02:56

I didn't really finish Paper Mario TTYD because the idea of going up against a 1000 year old demon spirit didn't sit right, if you know what I mean.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:13:29

At 12/27/10 09:02 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: I didn't really finish Paper Mario TTYD because the idea of going up against a 1000 year old demon spirit didn't sit right, if you know what I mean.

Man, I love killing 1,000 year old monsters. It's like, my 5th favorite thing to do. I didn't finish it because my friend wanted his game back.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:14:14

i never try it before

wow gold

While some don't concede to the "divine", there's no one that denies life.

[sto credits]&*[ffxiv gil]

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:28:11

At 12/27/10 08:16 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: Favorite-Paper Mario

That's my favorites listing, though I played and beat all three of them. TTYD was kind of a let down after I've played Paper Mario so many times and I had hopes that it would be a direct sequel with the same characters but alack. Super Paper Mario was a blast to play as it was more side-stroller and the bosses were fun. I'd still like there to be a Paper Mario set in the original locale.

There is no Mercy, only DoDonPachi

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:30:17

I did finsh TTYD but i dont remember the end
Didnt play for years :o

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:34:41

lol, 4 people so far haven't beaten TTYD. Is there something about that game that keeps us from beating it?

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:37:37

Non-smart ppl?
Idk all i remember is a big meany monster... *or was it small?*

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:45:03

At 12/27/10 09:34 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: lol, 4 people so far haven't beaten TTYD. Is there something about that game that keeps us from beating it?

Make that 5... I don't know what's up with it either. I got to the second chapter and boom, I'm stuck. I beat Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, though. Same order as OP.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:46:52

Were you stuck at a giant tree with the purple girl?
That is where a lot of ppl get stuck

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:51:01

At 12/27/10 09:46 PM, BobTheSpoonKiller wrote: Were you stuck at a giant tree with the purple girl?
That is where a lot of ppl get stuck

Yeah. It was actually a puzzle, to which I found the solution later. But I exited the tree, went back, and found out I had to fight my way to the point where I was. ALL. THE. WAY. THERE. Then I rage-qui-- I mean, quit because it was too much work. I've been meaning to get back to it, but man, them bosses...

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:53:40

it could be but if you didnt had bad eyes, you just needed to search a little on the tree and blow the
paper away and enter. After dont get stuck until the train ticket...
I searched for a long time xD

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 21:59:41

What's Paper Mario?

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:12:45

Paper mario is.......................Paper mario

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:43:06

At 12/27/10 10:12 PM, BobTheSpoonKiller wrote: Paper mario is.......................Paper mario

How was I so blind? Thank you so much for clearing this up for me.

I'm just going over here to kill myself for not realising that.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:44:57

sure if you want, unless it touches me

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:51:49

First one I have and beat it, one of the best N64 games with an interesting stories. It started my interest into RPGs.

The second one I got immediately after it's release because I loved the first so much. I got to the last boss, but couldn't beat it. I eventually started a new file and made better level up decisions, and found better badges. Completely hosed the boss. Excellent game, maybe even better than the first cause of the new features.

Super Paper Mario I never played but heard good things about it. It seems though, that there's too much platforming in it for me to like as much as I liked the others.

Overall Paper Mario is one of the most innovative and fun series. Fun for all Mario, RPG, and casual games.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:52:29

At 12/27/10 10:44 PM, BobTheSpoonKiller wrote: sure if you want, unless it touches me

Tell me, good sir, what grade did you get in your English tests?

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:52:57

70% aint in any english country

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 22:53:39

At 12/27/10 10:52 PM, BobTheSpoonKiller wrote: 70% aint in any english country

........ Yes.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 23:20:17

I've beaten all of those games and they were all great. I'm really excited for the new one that's coming out on the 3DS. Did you know that it'll have the return of the Frog Suit from Super Mario Bros. 3?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 23:20:28

At 12/27/10 09:45 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote:
At 12/27/10 09:34 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: lol, 4 people so far haven't beaten TTYD. Is there something about that game that keeps us from beating it?
Make that 5... I don't know what's up with it either. I got to the second chapter and boom, I'm stuck. I beat Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, though. Same order as OP.

I think it is because this game had a MUCH darker aura to it. For a little kid playing a gamecube, going to a dark alley, gambling, fighting demons, and seeing huge blue breasts are not very pleasant sights.

Plus, this game was overall much harder and longer in my opinion. I still like the original much better and hope they use the same great graphics of Super Paper Mario and incorporate the turn-based fighting of both Paper Mario and Paper Mario TTYD.

P.S. I got stuck looking for the stupid seed from the last guy in Forever Forest in the first game.
In the second game, I got stuck at pretty much every place.
In the third game, however, I didn't get stuck at all, I pretty much knew exactly what to do and where to go, because Pixy and Merlow told you.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 23:51:09

At 12/27/10 11:20 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: I think it is because this game had a MUCH darker aura to it. For a little kid playing a gamecube, going to a dark alley, gambling, fighting demons, and seeing huge blue breasts are not very pleasant sights.

Super Paper Mario was also pretty dark near the end. The characters actually died and went to hell. I'm serious. Play it if you don't believe me.

Plus, this game was overall much harder and longer in my opinion. I still like the original much better and hope they use the same great graphics of Super Paper Mario and incorporate the turn-based fighting of both Paper Mario and Paper Mario TTYD.

That's true. PM2 was much more challenging. I agree.

P.S. I got stuck looking for the stupid seed from the last guy in Forever Forest in the first game.

Through my first run at the game I came across it on accident. At first I found all four. My next run-through was MUCH more time-consuming finding the dang thing.

In the second game, I got stuck at pretty much every place.

Same.

In the third game, however, I didn't get stuck at all, I pretty much knew exactly what to do and where to go, because Pixy and Merlow told you.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the final boss too. Not to spoil anything, but he wasn't much of a challenge at all. Some of the levels were much harder than him.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-27 23:59:01

I've played Paper Mario up through to the boss of the Desert Temple but could never beat him. :/
And I've only played a little bit of TTYD, only the intro, really. I got it for my brother for Christmas, so I may be able to steal it when he's down with it and actually play it some.
And I beat Super Paper Mario without much hassle. It was really good, though. Loved the crap out of it.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-28 00:06:16

I have and played all three Paper Mario games, all beat as well. Out of the three, my favorite would have to be the first for the N64. Wasn't much of a fan of Super Paper Mario to be honest.

Although I did quite enjoy the dark, gritty atmosphere of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, I'm still in love with the first. I remember those wacky characters in the game, especially the bosses. The always cool Koopa Bros., General Guy and his ridiculous Shy Guy army, the "invincible" Tubba Blubba. I just couldn't get enough of these hilarious characters and their antics.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-28 00:16:16

They did have an epic cast of bosses. Lava Pirahna Plant dude wasnt that hard, but looked cool. Also, bowser in his super poweredup form along with the star rod was insanely cool, along with the awesome music. Also, the ice level was truly epic and mysterious. The music there was superb also.

Badges? How did y'all do on badges?
Did you all find the one in the original paper Mario behind the Grandfather Clock?!?

Also, I can't remember if the other two had badges, but I'm pretty sure the 3rd one didn't, it had cards instead if I remember correctly.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-28 00:53:47

What a coincidence, I'm playing through the first and second games at the moment. Both are some of the best games I've ever played. I'm not currently playing through Super Paper Mario because that game is slow and uninteresting in comparison.

Side note: Super Paper Mario is NOT Paper Mario 3. It's a spinoff. If there was another Paper Mario game, the title would start with "Paper Mario". Like Paper Mario 3DS for example. There's the true sequel.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-28 10:15:16

Really? I didn't know that. It does have a lot of changes. Why do you think that is the case?

Response to Paper Mario! 2010-12-28 11:57:41

This thread makes me want to go through Paper Mario all over again. Is there any way to get it on the computer like a computer game? That would be so epic. I don't have the original cartridge, I have it on the Wii.