00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Tarot Card Collab!

51,443 Views | 555 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-26 16:30:54

At 12/26/10 02:44 PM, xTY3x wrote: here is Judgement.

Looks like a real painting you'd see in a meseum.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-26 17:18:11

At 12/26/10 04:30 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Looks like a real painting you'd see in a meseum.

thanks, that was my intent, i'm happy to see it came out good.

Bringing the fun in funeral.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-27 03:54:02

Sorry for not posting up stuff DX uhm i changed the previous one because it looked more like a princess than an empress so here this one, not done still but yeah =]

The Tarot Card Collab!

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-27 06:27:58

At 12/20/10 11:20 PM, RobJohnson wrote: Here's a WIP of a more-traditional tarot card devil.... just for good measure.

I'm so lazy I'll probably never finish tho... and even if I did... I have no photo editing software to add it to a card... so I guess its a good thing I'm not doing this for real. :P

More WIP maybe I will finish...
(as if anyone cares tho, lol)

The Tarot Card Collab!

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-27 11:44:54

At 12/27/10 03:54 AM, Darkittys wrote: Sorry for not posting up stuff DX uhm i changed the previous one because it looked more like a princess than an empress so here this one, not done still but yeah =]

A few notes:
The name should be in the designated area on the card (shouldn't it?)
You overused stock images. The purple stripes, the green floral print, what looks like a black doily? The unimaginativeness really takes away from your piece and makes it look more like a photo manipulation that anything else.

It's a work in progress, I know. I'm just saying. Actually coloring it yourself is higher regarded than a bunch of images that, although they may look nice, aren't yours.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-27 13:12:44

Yup I agree with you =D

that is how i want it to look like (design wise) I wanted to post up progress so i used the images
my sketch had the patterns drawn by me but cleaning it up was going to take too long to post up anything haha
however the top and bottom on the dress i will keep because I'll mess the look i want if i do it my self

as for the name I will put it in the area it is meant to be in the end

note: Kinsei01 did his empress and I think that's the one being used

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-27 13:20:29

At 12/27/10 01:12 PM, Darkittys wrote: note: Kinsei01 did his empress and I think that's the one being used

no-no... I want you to beat mine out.....

I have a few reasons >.>.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-27 20:29:38

Just Got home, here's the work I've done so far.

The Tarot Card Collab!

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-28 00:31:08

At 12/26/10 02:59 PM, xTY3x wrote:
At 12/26/10 02:46 PM, Falonefal wrote:
It's really good, except that no-one would ever hold a sword that way.
in fast actions it's possible to assume poses we couldn't mantain for a long time. other than that i took a picture of myself to study that pose, so i think it's realistic. finally he's not gonna hit him, he's just holding the sword for now.

I think what he's seeing is that the hand looks 'reversed'. It took me a second look to see that the fingers where pointing down not up. Maybe pump up the contrast there so we can more clearly make out the hand shape.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-28 00:35:06

At 12/28/10 12:31 AM, Occluded wrote:
I think what he's seeing is that the hand looks 'reversed'. It took me a second look to see that the fingers where pointing down not up. Maybe pump up the contrast there so we can more clearly make out the hand shape.

And I think the thumb should curve in over the fingers instead of laying flat across the top. It's is a killer piece though.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-28 05:56:32

At 12/28/10 12:35 AM, Occluded wrote: And I think the thumb should curve in over the fingers instead of laying flat across the top. It's is a killer piece though.

maybe, but i took a pic of myself to draw the hand, so i think it's plausible.

Bringing the fun in funeral.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-28 20:49:06

honestly, i think the hand itself is fine (although i do agree that some additional shading would help since at first glance the hand looks upside down as the fingers aren't very well defined). the thumb position is very relaxed, if it curled over the fingers it would look like a stronger grip, very commanding. but, that's your preference.

the main problem is the angle of the blade. it doesn't match the angle of the hand. i'm not sure how to describe it, but it needs to be a sharper angle with more foreshortening. hopefully you can understand what i mean. also, looking at it just now, i think the fingers appear to be "resting" over the handle and not really "gripping" it.

anyway, just some feedback. it's your piece and it's already been approved, so if you don't think it needs any work or you just don't feel like it, that's entirely up to you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-30 23:22:30

I'm done with Justice. Dibs on strength. Art Portal Hi res

The Tarot Card Collab!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-30 23:47:25

At 12/30/10 11:22 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I'm done with Justice. Dibs on strength. Art Portal Hi res

Love the coloring and the background! Good job!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-31 01:24:23

At 12/30/10 11:22 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I'm done with Justice. Dibs on strength. Art Portal Hi res

Oh yeah, look at all that majesty.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-31 15:53:05

At 12/31/10 07:34 AM, RafaelThe13th wrote: No idea if this was taken already, but i call dibs on the moon, if it was already taken, i call it on The World.

Both are taken at the moment. Wait until the 2nd. I'll be tallying up which are now free and which aren't then.

As for yours Fifty, it's accepted.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2010-12-31 16:18:41

At 12/31/10 03:53 PM, Knocturne wrote: I'll be tallying up which are now free and which aren't then.

any chance youll be able to send me that briefing so I can get working on the flash by then?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-01 00:48:49

If its alright with you, Knocturne, I would like to try for the wheel of Fortune.
If so, mightn't you happen to have a .sai version of the card template, or perhaps and .png of it?
I am sorry, I don't use photoshop...

Omnomnom.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-01 01:46:34

Progress has been slow due to holidays and what not, but I am working on mine. Laying down colors...
Also, Knocturne, when is our stuff due?

The Tarot Card Collab!

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-01 01:52:41

At 1/1/11 01:46 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Progress has been slow due to holidays and what not, but I am working on mine. Laying down colors...
Also, Knocturne, when is our stuff due?

Wow, It looks pretty so far. I'm excited to see it finished!

Omnomnom.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-02 16:33:15

Today's the day, I'm gonna be opening up positions for cards. And yeah JQB will do.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-02 20:50:27

The following are now open: Temperance, The Star. Those whom are working on cards at the moment are advised to post WIPs to keep their cards, or PM me.

Those who've finished cards, should PM me the PNG

And updates:
Music is about 30% done
We have a voice actor for the character doing reading
In the middle of getting the ideas of the format for whicb the collab will operate to JQB
and we have a willing animator
As soon as this portion is complete there will most likely be a double set (another set of Major arcana) and if I think it can be done, one card to represent each of the suits.
I'll be uploading a SAI friendly template today. Feel free to ask questions or correct me, I could have overlooked a few things in haste.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-03 20:28:21

Here's an update on mine, uhm I did patterns my self this time (which you could so totally tell )=D haha

The Tarot Card Collab!

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-03 20:30:50

At 1/3/11 08:28 PM, Darkittys wrote: Here's an update on mine,

coming along nicely.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-04 19:16:49

Haven't been able to work on this for a little while due to the Game Jam, and a short holiday that I took (without internet).

But The Hanged Man is still coming along.

The Tarot Card Collab!

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-05 06:15:13

At 1/2/11 08:50 PM, Knocturne wrote: The following are now open: Temperance, The Star.

Wow, this is looking awesome.
I know this is pretty late in the game but I'm having a sleepless night anyway, can I do temperance?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-05 14:23:52

At 1/5/11 06:15 AM, Bryony wrote:
At 1/2/11 08:50 PM, Knocturne wrote: The following are now open: Temperance, The Star.
Wow, this is looking awesome.
I know this is pretty late in the game but I'm having a sleepless night anyway, can I do temperance?

Yup, if you want

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-05 16:22:07

At 1/5/11 04:21 PM, RafaelThe13th wrote: Well, i'm a bit lost now, there is still any open card? i'd take anything.

The star is still open

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-05 18:08:36

Outline just about finished, going to do watercolour later. Yes I'm drawing this then transferring it onto the template because I suck at photoshop/any kind of computer art.

The Tarot Card Collab!

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-01-07 18:21:22

Looking good ;O

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature