00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiritobaka just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Tarot Card Collab!

51,441 Views | 555 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-14 23:44:49

Well, to be honest my band put making the music for the collab on the back burner and we are animating it and what not which also has been put on the back burner due to the shows we've been racking up, so that's why I'm not even active here so much anymore actually.

Cards I'm waiting on:
Death, The World, Wheel of Fortune, Strength, The Magician, The Empress, The Hierophant. The Star and The Moon.

People who DEFINITELY need to contact me: Jacimoose, ImpendingRiot, Ninjar and BMK

All the other cards have been completed and I've written out the entire script of the 'story'.

Need a new voice actor though, since CosmicDeath backed out but I'd say the project is like 50% And it might take til summer to finish unless I can make more time.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 00:11:08

At 2/14/11 11:44 PM, Knocturne wrote: Well, to be honest my band put making the music for the collab on the back burner and we are animating it and what not which also has been put on the back burner due to the shows we've been racking up, so that's why I'm not even active here so much anymore actually.

So that's where you've went! Been wondering why you sort of disappeared lately.

Need a new voice actor though, since CosmicDeath backed out but I'd say the project is like 50% And it might take til summer to finish unless I can make more time.

D: Sadness. Oh well, good luck finding a good voice actor! Maybe jonny could impersonate a chick.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 05:24:35

At 2/9/11 10:22 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 2/9/11 10:12 PM, IndigoWraithe wrote: Awesome Drawing.
Lol Bewbs.

My thoughts exactly hahahahahahaha

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 06:54:48

At 2/14/11 11:44 PM, Knocturne wrote: Well, to be honest my band put making the music for the collab on the back burner and we are animating it and what not which also has been put on the back burner due to the shows we've been racking up, so that's why I'm not even active here so much anymore actually.

Cards I'm waiting on:
Death, The World, Wheel of Fortune, Strength, The Magician, The Empress, The Hierophant. The Star and The Moon.

People who DEFINITELY need to contact me: Jacimoose, ImpendingRiot, Ninjar and BMK

All the other cards have been completed and I've written out the entire script of the 'story'.

Hrmm, I thought someone submitted a Hierophant that resembled the Pope, was that not accepted?

That sucks about the voice actor, but there are many talented actors here on NG, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to find a replacement.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 08:28:40

At 2/14/11 11:44 PM, Knocturne wrote:

I or maybe big-jonny-13 could help with that.
If you could send something in a pm that has to be voiced, I could send you my try at it, and you can tell me if you like it, hmm?

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 08:45:34

At 2/15/11 12:11 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: D: Sadness. Oh well, good luck finding a good voice actor! Maybe jonny could impersonate a chick.

Sorry, I hit puberty way too long ago to the that.
The best I could do would be trying to imitate an old Italian nonna, but mreh?

Also, Ninjar hasn't posted in a month, same with JaciMoos.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 08:55:27

At 2/15/11 08:45 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/15/11 12:11 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: D: Sadness. Oh well, good luck finding a good voice actor! Maybe jonny could impersonate a chick.
Sorry, I hit puberty way too long ago to the that.
The best I could do would be trying to imitate an old Italian nonna, but mreh?

Also, Ninjar hasn't posted in a month, same with JaciMoos.

Aw come on, you know you can do it, a voice actor can do anything!
Just imagine giving birth to a baby, and then imagine you're a woman screaming, then imagine that voice not screaming, then produce that voice.

Ta-dah!

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 11:48:11

Jonny is a great voice actor, but I think a real female voice is necessary.

Unless he is willing to undergo an estrogen therapy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 13:52:24

At 2/15/11 11:48 AM, Luwano wrote:
Unless he is willing to undergo an estrogen therapy.

Well, we all saw what happened when Kinsei tried that.....
*shudder*

That image will haunt my dreams.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 19:07:41

I would be willing to voice it, but I do have a home counties English accent and I'm not sure how good my mic would work for it. So yeah, volunteering myself as a backup option.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-15 19:38:32

At 2/15/11 08:45 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Also, Ninjar hasn't posted in a month, same with JaciMoos.

in a previous post a few pages back someone wanted take on Death, but it wasn't open. Ninjar had apparently been in contact with Knocturne via PMs. I guess that has changed since, but there have been alot of folks who aren't posting any WIPs but still retain their dibs for whatever reason. I assume many are PMing.

However, since Knocturne is busy with his band and whatnot, it seems that this project isn't going to wrap up any time soon even if all the cards are turned in tomorrow.

~Wraithe

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-19 13:52:57

So I'm gonna go ahead and let anyone dibs The Magician and Wheel of Fortune.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-19 17:45:20

Updating my card so I don't lose my dibs. Sorry for the really slow pace.

The Tarot Card Collab!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-02-20 21:52:05

At 2/19/11 04:00 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
At 2/19/11 01:52 PM, Knocturne wrote: So I'm gonna go ahead and let anyone dibs The Magician and Wheel of Fortune.
I thought I had already lost it, that's why I hadn't updated you :X

Riot, what card are you working on, Magician or Wheel?

Fifty - love the coloring! This is shaping up to be even better than the Justice you did. But that's probably biased in light of the hot girl in this one. ^__~

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 16:30:34

Hello! I'm no longer as busy, and that being said I can set into motion the completion of the Tarot Card Collab.
Projected finish date is late October, due to the fact you people draw hella slow and I need to create buffer for those who will be taking long periods of time to complete their card.

These are things I need at the moment:
A voice actor (male or female)
A programmer
Artists for the rest of the unfinished cards

Here's a quick description of the collab:
The Tarot Card Collab is a collab in which in order to make the collab more interactive, I've decided to create an interactive linear story which sets the user against a fortune teller, answering a variety of questions which would be answered via the cards drawn by you all. I wish to also include a gallery, much like a normal collab, in which you can view all the cards and have brief biographies of the artists whom created them as well as a "random card random answer" generator which would pool forty-four questions and randomly answer them with a tarot card.

The cards listed below are the complete set of major arcana being used for the Tarot Card Collab.

0 The Fool * - IndigoWraithe Done
1 The Magician / The Juggler * - Open
2 The High Priestess / The Popess * - Aigis Done
3 The Empress * - Open
4 The Emperor * - Kinsei Done
5 The Hierophant / The Pope * - BlackMarketKraig Done
6 The Lovers * - MasterMerol Done
7 The Chariot - Toast-Tony Done
8 Justice * Fifty-50 Done
9 The Hermit * - LegolaSS Done
10 Wheel of Fortune - Open
11 Strength / Fortitude * - Open
12 The Hanged Man / The Traitor* - Aigis Done
13 Death * - Open
14 Temperance * - Open
15 The Devil * Test-Object Done
16 The Tower / Fire * Spaghetti14 Done
17 The Star * - Open
18 The Moon * - Open
19 The Sun * - Kinsei Done
20 Judgment / The Angel * - xTY3x Done
21 The World *- Open

Now, I am revising the "dibs" rules as follows:
If there is a card that is open, you may call "dibs" on it, requiring you to dedicate your time to the card to the point where you can post every three days an updated WIP, if you cannot do this but wish to create a card for the collab you may PM me and we can probably work something out.
Cards that have already been completed or already dibsed can be worked on regardless, by different artists for inclusion in the gallery portion of the collab.

If you have worked on a card to completion and it's not on the "done" list then feel free to PM me, I've only kept the cards which I recieved the high quality files for.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 17:31:01

At 7/8/11 04:30 PM, Knocturne wrote: A voice actor (male or female)

I thought you already had someone?

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 18:44:26

At 7/8/11 05:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

Yeah, they opted out when this was in full swing

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 19:14:11

Dick.
I call Moon then.
Officially.
In the thread.

I hate you for bumping this. I totes wasn't ready.
Hey Demo, are we still gonna see who has the best? :P

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 22:10:37

I call dibs on the magician! :O

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 22:18:46

I call dibz on Deeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath...........
........... :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 22:24:21

I also couldn't help but notice a particularity about the magician's pose...

The Tarot Card Collab!

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 22:31:42

Calling The Empress.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-08 22:41:16

Just to keep y'all informed, on my page there's a news post which is actively updated in regards to what cards are completed, what cards are open, who is working on what card and lastly, how much time they have to keep their card dibs'ed

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-09 20:05:07

Heya Knocturne! May I call dibs on the Star? How long have we got left till we come up with the finished product?

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-09 20:13:34

At 7/9/11 08:05 PM, Jinberry wrote: Heya Knocturne! May I call dibs on the Star? How long have we got left till we come up with the finished product?

You can take The Star, and you have as long as you want on the card, but you need to update us in three day intervals, if you can't do that then we can figure out something special ;P

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-09 23:25:34

i thought temperance was done by byrony. i remember the picture had the angel with the rainbow wings.

If it for some reason wasn't accepted though, i'd like to try it. if it's not really open, i think i'll try the empress.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-09 23:33:41

At 7/9/11 11:25 PM, monsterparty wrote: i think i'll try the empress.

Aigis already called that.

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-10 02:07:49

At 7/8/11 06:44 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 7/8/11 05:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Yeah, they opted out when this was in full swing

Well, I'm always available if you want me ;D

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-10 12:03:42

You're right, I somehow missed Byrony's Temperance so I'll go ahead and add that to the completed list.

I'd like to warn everyone who has dibsed that your clock is ticking!

And Jonny, perhaps you can do the voice =]

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Tarot Card Collab! 2011-07-10 17:50:35

At 7/9/11 11:33 PM, Kashi wrote: Aigis already called that.

ah, so he did.
then i'll do the wheel of fortune. i'm pretty sure nobody called that yet.