00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

You ever wonder why black people..?

7,536 Views | 52 Replies

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 00:22:10

At 9/29/10 09:38 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: Why am I indian

I think I laughed much harder than I should have at this.

BBS Signature

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 00:24:27

why do you like grape soda?

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 00:26:59

what do black people like more obama or anime?

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 00:27:55

Why do black people have such perfect shiny teeth? I mean the African American ones particularly.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 00:31:03

At 9/30/10 12:27 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Why do black people have such perfect shiny teeth? I mean the African American ones particularly.

They brush there teeth after every meal.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 00:35:19

Why do you have to make the rest of us so self-conscious about our penis size?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 01:45:43

At 9/29/10 11:51 PM, Stereocrisis wrote: Ignorant rant

Your whole argument is based on a stereotype that most people dislike. Black people hate other blacks who fit into your stereotypical caracature, just like every other race does. However, most people have the sense to realize that it's a generalization also.

Or maybe not....

I can't get mad at you for generalizing a whole group of people, that's what humans naturally do, and it's what saved us from the wilderness. However, I just want to warn you that your point of view will cost you at some point in the future. How much, I cannot predict, but with the country only getting more diverse as time goes on, it's gonna cause you some consternation at some point in time.

Oh, and shut the fuck up.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 02:19:18

Ebonics: What's the deal?!

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 02:54:00

If I post any question on this thread am I automatically racist?

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 04:07:57

Do Black people hold themselves to a higher standard than Whites, or are there about as many who do whatever they like, and don't care what others, Black or White, think about them?

I'm just asking because I've broken away from family traditions and do things a bit outside of social norms. I assume that's kinda normal for Whites like me.

Sorry if I'm not being clear. It's late and I'm tired.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2010-09-30 06:10:50

Why am I not asian?

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 11:05:34

At 9/29/10 09:38 PM, Onepiece285 wrote:
At 9/29/10 09:37 PM, razorbladesigh wrote:
At 9/29/10 09:36 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: Why can't you guys have blonde hair?
What?
Why can't you guys have naturally blonde hair?

They're called Melanesian. They have had blonde hair for generations without European influence.

Outside of them, blonde hair is a recessive trait, along with blue eyes. The likely hood of being black (which, genetically speaking, implies almost all dominate traits) with natural blonde hair is very slim, if not somewhat impossible.

It's not that there aren't any, it's that our genetics don't really allow for it to be common.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 11:44:19

Is it true that you have gills?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 11:49:36

At 9/29/10 11:02 PM, LocoJoe wrote: Why don't you have much hair? Every black person I see has little to no hair. If they do have hair it's always weave.

Assuming every black person with long hair has a weave is generalizing and should be avoided. There are a lot of naturally long haired black people out there. I've met them, you've probably seen them (even if you didn't realize it. I mean, do you even own a tv or have an internet-capable computing device? Obviously, because you're here). And for those with weave, the process is actually meant to protect hair from damage, either caused by nature or damaging hair routines and treatments, while providing an alternative to their own hair. Think of it as a screensaver for your head while your real hair takes a nap. It's the same with braiding. It doesn't have to mean their hair is short, just protected. It's what we call protective styling.

Second, most black people have a LOT of hair. There's a difference between hair length and hair thickness. I, personally, have more thickness than is really called for and would genuinely be surprised if you found breathing room between my follicles.

Third, not every black person has short hair. Those who do usually fall into three categories: shaven, short, or shrinkage (which technically isn't short at all, but I'll get into that).

Shaven hairstyles are for keeping a low maintenance hair routine. It's easier to not have to mess with your hair in the morning than wrestle with iron-tight curls. You know. Our natural hair texture. Given to us by God. Chosen at random just like everybody else's... Anywho, this is usually a hairstyle chosen by men but has become popular with women, lately. And when I say tight, I mean when a strand of hair falls out of my scalp, it doesn't look like a line or an S-shape; it's a perfect, 1-centimeter circle. Like, a good 6-inches coiled around itself into a compact shape. Now multiply that image by trillions of thousands of strands competing for scalp real-estate. It's not fun to comb through and very time consuming.

Short hairstyles do exist and a lot of people have them regardless of being black. It's sometimes a choice and sometimes just genetic. Either way, it's not that big of a deal. Moving on.

Shrinkage is, more or less, what you are probably referring to. This is actually misleading and not actually short hair. Think of it as the ultimate hair illusion and best built-in party trick of all time. Sometimes shrinkage is just mind-blowingly long hair existing under the conditions I mentioned up above. To put it into perspective, I'm leaving you with this image of a woman having her natural hair straightened with a flat iron.

(Note how the long hair isn't a weave, but actually coming from her scalp.)

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 12:12:04

At 9/30/10 04:07 AM, Painbringer wrote: Do Black people hold themselves to a higher standard than Whites, or are there about as many who do whatever they like, and don't care what others, Black or White, think about them?

I'm just asking because I've broken away from family traditions and do things a bit outside of social norms. I assume that's kinda normal for Whites like me.

Sorry if I'm not being clear. It's late and I'm tired.

The question has very little to do with ethnicity, rather, overall human nature. People do what they do and they're the only ones who can do it. To speak on a general level, either black or white, is generalizing a whole to fit the behavior of the individual. That's the existential answer.

The political answer is that as a black person, there is a higher level of self-monitoring our behavior than with white counterparts simply because we are fighting against strong racial biases that cut our societal value down before we say or do anything, regardless of our intentions. Whether that socially engraved behavior causes prejudice or resentment toward our white counterparts, directly or collectively, is, again, a matter of the individual and should not be assumed can be answered by one to speak for the whole.

But I can say that hostility and resentment does exist, in a general sense, on an individual basis, in people of color toward white people, yes.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 12:19:57

At 9/30/10 02:54 AM, Dosensuppen wrote: If I post any question on this thread am I automatically racist?

Not if you respect the rules of the thread, i.e. ask a genuine question and treat those who answer them with basic human decency and respect regardless of if the answer was what you were expecting or questions your previous notion of what you thought to be true about black people.

Unless you're a racist. Then I can't help you with that.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 12:23:28

At 9/30/10 12:26 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote: what do black people like more obama or anime?

Obamime. We like Obamime.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 12:24:56

At 9/29/10 11:07 PM, Coop5245 wrote: Why are you guys so loud and quick to violence and threats?

I think this is better directed toward the "You ever wonder why men..." thread.

At 9/29/10 11:12 PM, andycastaneda wrote: Why do so many blacks refuse(?) to use proper grammar? For that matter, why do blacks get mad when I correct them? Do you ever think that the race card is played too often? If a black guy pulls the race card a lot, [do they] lose respect from [their] fellow race members(<== What?)?

*clears throat audibly*

And now, a response in the form of a poem:

Commas. Use them. Gender assumptions. Lose them. Valley Girls. Heard of them? Manners. Get them.

Thank you.

In other words, your grammar isn't that spectacular, so you should probably avoid telling others how to use it.

Second, there's a little thing called culture. It varies from place to place and changes over the course of time. Ever hear of Valley Girls? Bros? New Jersey? The South? There isn't a single place in the United States (assuming you're from the United States) that speaks exactly the same dialect. Not even in the world. To assume your dialect is the RIGHT dialect is overly presumptuous at this point, wouldn't you agree?

Add on that we don't exactly have a national language in the first place, many of these linguistic stylization are drawing from other languages because (oh my gosh, guys) not all black people are from Wisconsin or Georgia. They come from all over (and no, Africa is not "all over" in this context) and learn English differently, so to them, they're speaking perfectly and you're speaking incorrectly. Add on even more, given the fact that people interact with one another, it shouldn't be too surprising that, in a country that encourages assimilation, those linguistic stylizations work their way through American slang and daily dialect.

Going back a bit, from the English perspective, if you met with a grammar radical who didn't care that you were from America, to them, you'd speak horrendously. And just as the people you've presumably "corrected", you would get highly offended if someone from the UK told you you sounded ridiculous and that your speech pattern was something to be corrected. Why would you assume that the people you "corrected" wouldn't get upset if you would in their position? And while I will admit that there is a time and a place for cultural dialect versus business dialect, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the people you've encountered have not been engaged in a business scenario with you.

And last, and certainly the most offensive, the "card" game. It's not pulling out a race card, it's pulling out a "you're being a d-bag" card. It's like telling someone there's broccoli in their teeth, except with the intention of calling out societally engrained racism. Accept the card, thank them, and go off and fix yourself where others can't see, like a normal person.

And by the way, it's "black people," not "blacks". (Petty insert, I know. But your grammar was just bugging the world out of me. I also went back and inserted corrections to your question. They're highlighted in brackets.)

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 13:17:22

At 9/29/10 11:21 PM, Odio wrote: Why are you so dumb and ignorant? You were only good as slaves. Go back to Africa.

Sure. Just as soon as you go back to Spain. Wait, you're not Spanish? Huh. You look like a Spaniard. Hold on, let me see your papers. I'm gonna have to bring this up with immigration. No, I won't take your Spanish word for it. Wait here while I call the cops because I don't trust you to not be a Spaniard and do Spaniard things.

(Pssst. That's what you sound like, troll.)

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 13:20:06

At 9/29/10 11:24 PM, Coop5245 wrote: Why do you say to people that you'll have your buddies attack them for a stupid reason?

Why do people like @Odio exist and say stupid things like that? You don't know? Must be one of those "individual" things that can't be explained in a generalized answer.

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 13:44:03

Aaaand done. All of the questions I came to answer. Can't believe I made an account for this. Wow. Well, bye. I most likely will never return. Ever. At all. Are you picking up what I'm laying down, trolls? Do I need to get you an interpreter? Are we good? Yeah? Okay.

To everyone else, I hope these answers cleared up your vague and, honestly, strange questions.

(Please don't make me return. Please. Use your brain... or Google. Preferably Google. It's smarter than us all. Also, more stupid. In that case, and that case alone, use your brain to differentiate the two.)

Response to You ever wonder why black people..? 2016-11-11 14:30:00

At 11/11/16 01:44 PM, GraceWasHereToo wrote: Aaaand done.

You made an account to dredge up a old thread AND look like an ass?

It's my lucky day