00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Badass Beard Brigade

36,737 Views | 143 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 21:38:16

While Chronamut's beard apparently did not pass muster to be the founder of The Badass Beard Brigade, I would like to submit my name for consideration. The following is my beard. The requirements to join the BBB would be the same as before:

-You must post a pic of your beard to join.

-You must do more than just post a pic of your beard.

-You must not be an asshole.

-Deep voice a plus.

As long as you do that, feel free to join in on the beard talk. And if my beard isn't good enough to start the club, then go ahead and lock me. Just show me yours first ;)

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 21:42:21

Beard, reporting for duty.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 21:46:39

At 8/13/10 09:42 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Beard, reporting for duty.

aww yeah. Yours is all groomed. I'm envious. do you trim it regularly?

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:03:24

At 8/13/10 09:46 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:

Yeah, every month and a half or so I trim it down. When it gets colder I keep it longer, but I need to figure out how to make it look better when it's long. It gets flattened on the sides and so the bottom just grows downwards and it looks kind of silly.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:07:50

At 8/13/10 10:03 PM, Chronamut wrote: my voice is deeper than all of you - I qualify :P

prove it!

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:08:21

At 8/13/10 10:03 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 8/13/10 09:46 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
Yeah, every month and a half or so I trim it down. When it gets colder I keep it longer, but I need to figure out how to make it look better when it's long. It gets flattened on the sides and so the bottom just grows downwards and it looks kind of silly.

Yeah, I defiantly need to groom mine soon, it's just a bit too thick at the bottom for how thin it gets at the top.

At 8/13/10 10:03 PM, Chronamut wrote: my voice is deeper than all of you - I qualify :P

even if my beard isnt as full - but hey - goatees count too

I dunno, I have a deep ass voice too man. I don't really know how we'd go about comparing it, but it doesn't really matter. You planning on growing yours out more or what?

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:15:52

My beard supports this thread, and brings Chron's beard along for the ride.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:23:25

I'm a kawaii anime girl.

The Badass Beard Brigade

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:31:30

The world finally knows what the face of the user Ronald-McDonald-LoL looks like.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:31:45

I think if I join this group that I'll have to be in it's lower ranks. For some odd reason my beard comes in patchy. Sadly I can't allow mine to grow out like I want it to because of student teaching and everything.

Anyway, I salute the great beards of the thread.

Year old picture, don't have a recent one with a beard.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:46:23

At 8/13/10 10:31 PM, Fro wrote: I think if I join this group that I'll have to be in it's lower ranks. For some odd reason my beard comes in patchy. Sadly I can't allow mine to grow out like I want it to because of student teaching and everything.

From what I can tell, your front comes in better than mine. I don't get too much of a goatee effect. My beard does go red though, which is pretty strange since my hair is usually black.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:50:34

At 8/13/10 10:46 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
From what I can tell, your front comes in better than mine. I don't get too much of a goatee effect. My beard does go red though, which is pretty strange since my hair is usually black.

I can usually get the goatee looking pretty good, but like most of the people in this club would know, a well groomed goatee or beard is pretty hard to keep up with. I wish it was my sides that grew in better. Perhaps when student teaching is over I'll let it go for a few months and I'll see where it goes.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 22:58:34

At 8/13/10 10:46 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
At 8/13/10 10:31 PM, Fro wrote: I think if I join this group that I'll have to be in it's lower ranks. For some odd reason my beard comes in patchy. Sadly I can't allow mine to grow out like I want it to because of student teaching and everything.

It's actually pretty common for dudes to have red or red patches in their beard. I've got some red patches in my beard but it doesn't show up on my webcam.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-13 23:07:02

At 8/13/10 10:58 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: It's actually pretty common for dudes to have red or red patches in their beard. I've got some red patches in my beard but it doesn't show up on my webcam.

really, that's cool. I always figured it was b/c I was part Irish, but if it's pretty normal I guess not.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-14 01:26:14

At 8/14/10 01:03 AM, esko-man wrote: Does anyone ever tell you that you look Amish with the beard? Well, any that lived?

when my beard was longer, i looked amish or like an orthodox jew ahaha

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-14 01:53:21

I have no beard, but I would just like to point out that all of your beards look terrible.

Except for D3NTATUS who has his quite well groomed.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-14 11:46:45

At 8/14/10 01:53 AM, Aigis wrote: I have no beard, but I would just like to point out that all of your beards look terrible.

Except for D3NTATUS who has his quite well groomed.

Everybody is a critic....

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 08:15:31

I have no beard but I wholeheartedly support them.

Ink

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 08:19:29

I have a beard on my sack, but I lost my camera.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 11:30:43

At 8/15/10 08:15 AM, Punkboyben wrote: I have no beard but I wholeheartedly support them.

Pretty much this, although in a few years I reckon this'll change around. It's in my family's genetics to have the ability to easily grow amazing beards. At the age of eleven I had a minitache, and now I'm thirteen I shave pretty much every day. It probably won't be too long until I can start branching out and in four or five years maybe I'll have the beard-growing ability to challenge the top tier of this group.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 12:56:34

Awh man, I shaved off my long stubble/beard the other day, should have taken a picture. I'll come back the next time I grow it out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 18:34:25

At 8/15/10 05:50 PM, Chronamut wrote: mah deep sexy voice

You don't mind if I masturbate to that later, do you?

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 18:59:12

At 8/15/10 06:38 PM, Chronamut wrote: only if you provide pics or videos :P

also give me a damn msn contact or something - your damn pm box is full

robottaco@q.com

You'll have an easier time reaching me via Steam though. I'm not on MSN as much as I used to be.

Anyone else who is eavesdropping is free to add that MSN btw.

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-15 19:47:02

I will return to here in a month

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-16 09:43:08

At 8/14/10 01:53 AM, Aigis wrote: I have no beard, but I would just like to point out that all of your beards look terrible.

Luckily your post carries no weight here because you don't have a beard. Come back when your opinion matters. :)

At 8/15/10 07:47 PM, klik wrote: I will return to here in a month

I find this funny in a way. :P If I were to shave I would only have to wait for about a week before it came back. Mine grows the most within the first two weeks and after that it just starts to get straggly.

By the way, my beard must be so manly that my girlfriend said yes when I asked her to marry me this morning.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-19 20:56:18

At 8/16/10 09:43 AM, Fro wrote:
By the way, my beard must be so manly that my girlfriend said yes when I asked her to marry me this morning.

congrats fro. That's awesome man.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-19 21:01:13

At 8/16/10 09:43 AM, Fro wrote: By the way, my beard must be so manly that my girlfriend said yes when I asked her to marry me this morning.

Congrats!

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-22 22:59:20

At 8/16/10 07:16 PM, Chronamut wrote:
lol congrats

Thanks Chron. By the way, what type of beard do you like on a man? Or do you even like a beard on a man at all?

At 8/19/10 08:56 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
congrats fro. That's awesome man.

Thanks man!

At 8/19/10 09:01 PM, Frenzy wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks! Does your band want to play at the wedding? :P

At 8/22/10 07:23 PM, esko-man wrote: What does your beard feel like? I have seen beards as sharp as steel-wool and razors blades, but mine is a little more like a dog with a haircut right now...

Hm, I would say mine feels like a bag of sand. Nah, I think since mine's a bit short and scruffy from me shaving a few days ago I'd say that my beard feels the same as yours.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-23 03:40:33

At 8/22/10 07:23 PM, esko-man wrote: What does your beard feel like? I have seen beards as sharp as steel-wool and razors blades, but mine is a little more like a dog with a haircut right now...

mine is nice and soft :3

i trimmed my beard recently, i tried a new technique. i use an electric trimmer, and i trimmed it all on the longest setting (that is, i cut off the least hair possible). then i trimmed everything on the next shortest setting except for my chin and i'm pretty pleased with the results. also i shaved my neck beard ("neard") and cleaned that up.

reference (webcam photos don't do it justice):

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2010-08-23 04:12:06

If I was wearing underwear I'd probably have to change them. Okay okay, so Im genetically incapable of growing a beard, but as a beard admirer and fancier I have to congratulate you all on some very fine facial hair and am also accepting offers of marriage. I tend a hearth very well, and while I can't offer a fellow beard to rub theirs upon, I can think of other places for a beard to go.