00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lordmagian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Badass Beard Brigade

36,622 Views | 143 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-01-21 23:47:11

This bad boy of mine just keeps getting better and better.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-01-22 12:16:06

At 1/22/13 11:32 AM, Shade wrote: I have been trying to beard for a month now, my main issue is I can't get the damn thing to grow evenly. Advice?

Take a pic. Upload it to the dump and PM me the link. I'll see what I can do to help.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-02-20 02:46:36

How do you guys take care of your beard ? I mean, do you clean it with a special shampoo ? Do you use a comb ? How many times a week do you clean it ? Stuff like that...

Also, I was thinking about getting myself a little Friedrich Engels beard style.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-02-22 00:29:54

At 2/20/13 02:46 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: How do you guys take care of your beard ?

At least a 5 minute brush every day.

I mean, do you clean it with a special shampoo ?

Absolutely NO Shampoo, it strips all the natural goodness from your hair. Just use a decent Conditioner, I use Sunsilk Co-Creations Damaged Hair Reconstruction because my Beard is fairly thick and coarse. It works wonders. I thoroughly rinse all that out then I use Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair. Just leave them in for 5 minutes each and rinse out thoroughly. Then use a Pea size portion of the Dove and massage it through your Beard and use it as a Leave-In Conditioner. You'll be soft and fluffy like Santa in no time at all.

Do you use a comb ?

See above. A good 5 minutes Brushing.

How many times a week do you clean it ?

3 minimum.

Stuff like that...

That's about all the stuff I can think of.

Also, I was thinking about getting myself a little Friedrich Engels beard style.

It would be an interesting look for you with your long hair.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-02-22 12:43:21

I felt like this would be an okay place to ask this.

Does anyone know what I could do for my beard? It seems as though the hair on the right side grows normally but on the left it grows slower and isn't as full as my right side. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? It seriously bugs me.
I mean...I don't want to shave or cut up any part of it but it looks a tad weird with one side having a bit more beard than the other haha.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-02-22 13:21:51

At 2/22/13 12:29 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Absolutely NO Shampoo, it strips all the natural goodness from your hair. Just use a decent Conditioner, I use Sunsilk Co-Creations Damaged Hair Reconstruction because my Beard is fairly thick and coarse. It works wonders. I thoroughly rinse all that out then I use Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair. Just leave them in for 5 minutes each and rinse out thoroughly. Then use a Pea size portion of the Dove and massage it through your Beard and use it as a Leave-In Conditioner. You'll be soft and fluffy like Santa in no time at all.

So, no normal body soap and no shampoo. I'll try this with conditionner then.

See above. A good 5 minutes Brushing.

With a comb, right ? Not with an hairbrush ?

How many times a week do you clean it ?
3 minimum.

Thanks for the info !

It would be an interesting look for you with your long hair.

I don't have such long hair anymore, but his beard was just so majestuous!

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-02-22 15:59:40

At 2/22/13 01:21 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: With a comb, right ? Not with an hairbrush ?

See pic attached. It's a sweet Brush, just perfect for Beards.

Thanks for the info !

My pleasure.

but his beard was just so majestuous!

Indeed it is/was.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-09-07 03:11:06

At 9/5/13 01:22 AM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: I dunno if this is much of a beard, but I've been letting it grow for the past three and a half months at least. Hope it's at least a LITTLE badass. Doesn't really help that I'm wearing a black shirt, does it?

I feel that you should keep this, but with a short beard for the rest of your face. But very short. Like, you take the shortest lenght a clipper can give you, and you keep it at that. But that's just me. I feel that a beard such as yours feels kind of weird if it's left alongside a clean shaved face.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2013-09-07 14:35:23

At 9/7/13 05:21 AM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: I've always shaved everything else (except for the mustache, which I will eventually let grow back out)... maybe I should take another pic when I have the 'stache grown out, see if it looks better. I don't think I could do a full beard like some of the guys in this club, but that's me.

I like the Van Dyke Beard. It's pretty cool :)

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-01-17 23:14:38

At 1/17/14 12:55 AM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Alright, not intending to bump this thread, but I've actually started growing a full beard as of last month. http://i.imgur.com/9Kvlnh9.jpg This is where it's at as I'm typing this. Hopin' it'll be nice and thick in a couple more months. What do you all think?

Looks pretty good so far. Keep going and you can have a real BADASS BEARD like me.

PS: Don't post links. Just post the picture here in the thread.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-01-18 00:23:57

At 2/20/13 02:46 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: How do you guys take care of your beard ? I mean, do you clean it with a special shampoo ? Do you use a comb ? How many times a week do you clean it ? Stuff like that...

I wouldn't clean my beard with shampoo if I had the choice but I get beardruff (and it leads to dry patches and itchiness), so I have to use Head and Shoulders on it.

I don't use a comb. Combs snag and lead to breakage and spilt-ends. Brushes like the one gamejunkie pictured are preferred.

I clean it whenever I take a shower.

At 2/22/13 12:43 PM, Viper50 wrote: I felt like this would be an okay place to ask this.

Does anyone know what I could do for my beard? It seems as though the hair on the right side grows normally but on the left it grows slower and isn't as full as my right side. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? It seriously bugs me.
I mean...I don't want to shave or cut up any part of it but it looks a tad weird with one side having a bit more beard than the other haha.

Mate, I've got the same issue. I used to grow a goatee/beard hybrid (previously pictured and in my user picture), because the right side of my face grows a nice, full beard, but the left side is not the same. Not having symmetry makes me feel like a slob now that I'm growing a full beard for aesthetic and religious reasons.

I've never looked into it for a way of fixing it, because I just accepted that it would be like that. I may search for an answer.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-01-18 00:36:45

Actually I've just started using this Honest Amish Beard Balm. I got it as a Christmas present. I'm going to use it for a month or so and see if it's any good. If it is, I will post an updated pic very soon.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-01-18 11:53:28

do goatees count? I end up looking like a vagabond if I try and grow a full beard. I always end up shaving it to a goatee before its fully grown, but i'm thinking of growing out my goatee to about six or eight inches and then braiding it partway down.

I've always had a deeper voice, but it's not like gravely. less james eael jonesish and more nicolaus cage-ish, I guess.(dumb analogies)

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-03-11 14:35:08

Be gentle kind sirs, i shaved my beard a week and a half or so ago so it barely grew since.
Even if you don't accept me now i'm gonna shave it around April 10 and let it grow for a full year so when it reaches a decent size i'll post it here again for you guys to judge me.

The Badass Beard Brigade

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-08 19:23:56

At 1/18/14 12:36 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Actually I've just started using this Honest Amish Beard Balm. I got it as a Christmas present. I'm going to use it for a month or so and see if it's any good. If it is, I will post an updated pic very soon.

What exactly IS that stuff? And what does it do?
I'm too lazy to look it up....

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-09 03:23:54

At 4/8/14 07:23 PM, Viper wrote:
At 1/18/14 12:36 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Actually I've just started using this Honest Amish Beard Balm. I got it as a Christmas present. I'm going to use it for a month or so and see if it's any good. If it is, I will post an updated pic very soon.
What exactly IS that stuff? And what does it do?
I'm too lazy to look it up....

Exactly what that stuff is, is utter shit. I only used it a couple of times but it re-acted badly with my skin so I stopped using it. I would not recommend to anyone to use it.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-09 14:32:47

At 4/9/14 03:23 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Exactly what that stuff is, is utter shit. I only used it a couple of times but it re-acted badly with my skin so I stopped using it. I would not recommend to anyone to use it.

Hmm...okay. What was it supposed to do? Other than ya know....do what it did to you ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-09 14:52:25

At 4/9/14 02:32 PM, Viper wrote:
At 4/9/14 03:23 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Exactly what that stuff is, is utter shit. I only used it a couple of times but it re-acted badly with my skin so I stopped using it. I would not recommend to anyone to use it.
Hmm...okay. What was it supposed to do? Other than ya know....do what it did to you ._.

It supposedly has those features:

- Conditions and Helps New Growth
- Softens Course and Rogue Hairs
- Alleviates Itch and Dryness
- All Natural with NO petrochemicals or preservatives
- Vegan Friendly

According to Amazon.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-09 15:54:32

At 4/9/14 02:52 PM, Asandir wrote: It supposedly has those features:

- Conditions and Helps New Growth
- Softens Course and Rogue Hairs
- Alleviates Itch and Dryness

Oh. Well if gamejunkie didn't pretty much say to not get it since it's apparently crap I'd consider getting it for those 3 reasons.
Ya know....if it WASN'T crap ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-10 22:41:54

At 4/8/14 12:28 AM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Alright, so it's been a good two and a half months since you last saw my beard (I'd barely had it for a few weeks at the time), but now I give you more beard (and I do mean more). Tell me what ya'll think.

Looking good. Y'ain't got no patchiness, ya lucky sod.

I cut off my cheeks and left the sideburns and jawline to combat a bald patch on the left side of my face. It is of note that my chin grows darker and thicker than the rest of my beard (not including moustache). Interestingly, my left sideburn and jawline looks better than my right (pictured).

If I let my beard grow naturally it has uneven growth and the afore mentioned patchiness.

Picture is a few months old.

The Badass Beard Brigade

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-11 03:49:42

O' look at the little beard. One of my first attempts to grow one and the first where I can actually say I have some facial hair as opposed to what looked like a few wirey pubes stuck to my face. Still got a way to go but it's been about two months so far.

The Badass Beard Brigade

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-13 15:12:55

So, I am only coming here with a question to ask all of you guys.
I know many of you have probably been growing bears since before all of the beard hype that I'm seeing in the world as of late.
It seems that it's the new trendy thing, to grow a gigantic beard and along with it, grow a gigantic ego because of the beard.

For those of you who have been growing out your beards since before the trend, what do you all think of this?

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-14 00:32:40

At 4/13/14 03:12 PM, Luke wrote: For those of you who have been growing out your beards since before the trend, what do you all think of this?

I had my ego long before I had my Beard.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-14 13:30:38

At 4/13/14 03:12 PM, Luke wrote: So, I am only coming here with a question to ask all of you guys.
I know many of you have probably been growing bears since before all of the beard hype that I'm seeing in the world as of late.
It seems that it's the new trendy thing, to grow a gigantic beard and along with it, grow a gigantic ego because of the beard.

For those of you who have been growing out your beards since before the trend, what do you all think of this?

Even though at the moment I have a pretty okay sized beard I honestly wouldn't say I have much if any form of an ego.
So I don't really know what to say about that.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-14 13:42:52

At 4/10/14 10:41 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Interestingly, my left sideburn and jawline looks better than my right (pictured).

All jokes and sarcasm aside. To be honest dude, (nothing homo) when I first saw that picture I actually thought to myself, wow, that mo-fo takes a damn good profile pic. And btw the Beard is coming along nicely.

At 4/11/14 03:49 AM, Decky wrote: Still got a way to go but it's been about two months so far.

Looking good dude, keep at it and in a couple more months it will look grand.

At 4/8/14 12:28 AM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Tell me what ya'll think.

Splendid job dude. Very well kept. That Badboy is starting to take nice shape. Give it a few more months and that thing will look formidable.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-14 16:56:27

At 4/14/14 01:42 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 4/11/14 03:49 AM, Decky wrote: Still got a way to go but it's been about two months so far.
Looking good dude, keep at it and in a couple more months it will look grand.

Hey man. I'm sure that somebody else would have brought these up before in this thread but I, to be honest, can't be arsed reading back and they're funny as hell anyway, so fuck it.

I also believe they're from your neck of the woods.

Give Them A Listen

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-04-14 23:49:07

At 4/13/14 03:12 PM, Luke wrote: So, I am only coming here with a question to ask all of you guys.

I've been bearded since high school and I think it's cool that more men are wearing beards. I think it's unfair for men to be forced to shave in order to be accepted at jobs that will call themselves, "Equal Opportunity," and be seen as unclean for no legitimate reason other than being a man and having hair on your face. God wants us to have beards, that is why we have them.

@gamejunkie

Honestly, it was just a quick snapshot, lol.

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-07-04 22:13:50

At 7/4/14 02:16 PM, Chronamut wrote: such majesty.

You sexy beast, how long since the last shave?

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-07-05 07:57:23

So i dunno if my small ass beard is good enough, last time i shaved was 86 days ago.

The Badass Beard Brigade

BBS Signature

Response to The Badass Beard Brigade 2014-08-31 07:47:49

Well i think this is big enough, i'm thinking about cutting it today and i need you guys to tell me what type should i get; should i shave my moustache, cheeks and trim the hair on my chin (goatee) or should i shave the cheeks and trim it all a bit (van dyke)?

The Badass Beard Brigade

BBS Signature