00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who doesn't use a cell phone?

2,400 Views | 41 Replies

Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:26:07

Or mobile phone as us British folk call it.

Seriously, I feel that I am the only one in the world that doesn't use one, it feels great most of the time, being off the grid all the time but sadly it is shit when people can't contact you and they're doing something cool or when a girl wants my number and I tell them "I don't use a mobile", then proceeding to give a puzzled look.

I ask you Newgrounds, who here doesn't use a mobile? If so, why?

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:27:56

I know someone who doesn't. It's sad because I want to hang out with him, but there's no way of contacting him short of going directly to his house.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:28:33

At 6/30/10 12:27 PM, Star wrote: I know someone who doesn't. It's sad because I want to hang out with him, but there's no way of contacting him short of going directly to his house.

you can call his home phone

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:28:43

I want one really badly but my parents have some irrational, deadly hatred of cell phones. It really sucks not having one.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:30:55

At 6/30/10 12:28 PM, Archon68 wrote: I want one really badly but my parents have some irrational, deadly hatred of cell phones. It really sucks not having one.

That is pretty shit on your end, but I can't understand why you think it really sucks. Surely it's annoying getting called constantly or receiving/replying to texts.

Only possible circumstance I would use a mobile is if I was going on a trip and HAD TO contact others, or if my internet died or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:31:10

At 6/30/10 12:28 PM, PsycoticDemon wrote:
At 6/30/10 12:27 PM, Star wrote: I know someone who doesn't. It's sad because I want to hang out with him, but there's no way of contacting him short of going directly to his house.

No idea what it is, he wont give it out to anyone and it's not in the phonebook.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:36:35

i still don't have one.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:36:53

I have a cell phone, but I only use it sparingly. I just set up my phone with AIM though, so I'll probably be using it more (or at least more than I did before).

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:37:09

At 6/30/10 12:28 PM, Archon68 wrote: I want one really badly but my parents have some irrational, deadly hatred of cell phones. It really sucks not having one.

Same here man. My older brother didn't get his first cell phone until he was living on his own at age 19.

Formerly known as Headshot777

The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:41:55

My dad got me one 2 years ago and since then I topped up 5 quid once and made about 2 calls and sent less than 10 texts. I really don't ever use it, lost the charger and the headphones pretty quickly as well. I just don't need it yet in my life, all my other friends contact people for me or I already arrange to meet with them ect. beforehand on facebook or MSN.

I really find it strange when people moan about not having sent a text in 3 days or having made a call in a week, and how they can't bear it any more, I could never see myself being that addicted to the thing.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:43:47

I'm sure that everybody has a mobile nowadays.
Who cares if you get some kind of brain tuma.
You'r going to die some day anyway.

Beware the lumpy fart.

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:45:34

I Don't, Because my mom took mine without my permission.

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:49:52

I have one, but I don't really use it all that much. I'll only use it to contact my dad or if friends are wanting to meet up. I never use it for general chatter. Credit burns to easily.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:50:43

At 6/30/10 12:30 PM, DumbassDude wrote: That is pretty shit on your end, but I can't understand why you think it really sucks. Surely it's annoying getting called constantly or receiving/replying to texts.

I guess it isn't that big of a deal but it's frustrating being tied to a landline all the time. None of my friends can contact me if I'm outside of "ringing distance" of my home phone, if I'm out with my friends I can't call my parents if I need something, and if we go on vacation we have no form of communication if we get stuck on the road or lost in the woods.

It would also be nice to have my own phone, so nobody else answers when someone is calling for me.

I wouldn't even care if there was no texting service, I would just like the ability to make calls away from home.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 12:55:47

I have one, but I hardly use it. I don't actually contact anyone with it except my girlfriend, but I can use it as a torch or an alarm clock which is pretty useful.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 13:00:08

I have one, but I never really use it. I used it for like 10 minutes total in the 2-3 years I've had it. I never really needed it.

and I hate the whole texting fad with a passion

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 13:12:08

I have a phone now and it comes in handy quite a bit, but I didn't even have my own phone to begin with until I was 17 (nearly 18). I don't have texting enabled on it, though...just as a little cost saver. However, even before I had a phone, it was still possible to get by. If I needed anyone or if anyone needed me, there was always AIM, MSN, Skype and MySpace (no longer considered cool anymore).

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 13:33:15

i don't use one because I lost it because I fell while snow boarding.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 13:34:54

At 6/30/10 12:28 PM, PsycoticDemon wrote:

I'm in the same situation but the only way to contact him is through his butt-ugly sister.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 13:47:30

I never use mine because nobody likes me enough to talk to me.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 13:50:54

I use one but very rarely because most of me and my friends time is spent communicating through a computer or Xbox.

I don't see the point in not using one when they aren't an option though, only downside is the cost.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 14:10:49

At 6/30/10 12:30 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Surely it's annoying getting called constantly or receiving/replying to texts.

I actually like talking to my friends; guess I'm weird like that. You all need to get out of the stone age.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 14:12:45

At 6/30/10 12:51 PM, Wabblefish wrote: I don't because I'm a fucking loser and will have no need for it anyway.

But we still love you

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 14:18:04

At 6/30/10 12:26 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Or mobile phone as us British folk call it.

Seriously, I feel that I am the only one in the world that doesn't use one,

I ask you Newgrounds, who here doesn't use a mobile? If so, why?

You do not use it. What do I win?!

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 17:42:42

i don't

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 17:56:34

I don't use mine too much, then again it's old and not on a proper plan.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 17:58:49

The only person I know who doesn't have a mobile phone would be my Italian teacher.

I have a mobile phone but I basically only use it to listen to music and maybe as a camera. I rarely use it to text (ugh I hate texting. Typing's so much easier anyway) or call anyone (for that I'd just use land line), and I really can't understand the people who spend most of their time with MSN in front of them and a mobile in their hand constantly sending and receiving text messages/calls.

Hell, I can't count the many times I was talking to a friend and suddenly their mobile phone rings, soon followed by the familiar 'sorry, hold on a sec'.

My mobile phone, despite having it for over a year now, is still in mint condition O.o.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 18:02:26

Lmao so many losers on NGs.. Why wouldnt you want a phone? Dont you have friends? I need my phone to keep in touch with people make plans etc etc..

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 18:02:48

At 6/30/10 02:10 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 6/30/10 12:30 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Surely it's annoying getting called constantly or receiving/replying to texts.
I actually like talking to my friends; guess I'm weird like that. You all need to get out of the stone age.

I have this funny thing right, we're I meet my friends in person and talk to them. Old fashioned I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to Who doesn't use a cell phone? 2010-06-30 18:13:15

I dont have a cell phone

BBS Signature