00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

1,034 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-04 12:46:00

Welcome back to another installment of the NGSM's Sig of the Week. Last weeks winner was Jay11, who has chosen a Space/Sci-Fi theme.

Some news here for you guys, this will be the last SOTW I host for a while. If anyone is interested in taking over SOTW for an indefinite amount of time, I will refer you to this news post. PM me for more details. Anyway, lets get to it...

If you're interested in participating, here are some rules you MUST follow:

»Anyone may participate. The NGSM is an open sig making environment. Naturally, so is this competition.
»Maximum dimensions for entries: 599px by 300px. **NO VERTICAL SIGS ALLOWED!**
»Minimum dimensions for entries: 350px by 50px.
»Sigs must be no larger than 150k.
»NO MS-PAINT. This competition is meant to increase overall sig quality, not decrease it.
---[If you wish to use MS-PAINT, it absolutely MUST kick-ass. Otherwise, don't bother posting it.]
»ONLY ONE ENTRY PER SIG MAKER. This makes it easier for the voting.
»Sigs must be your own work. The use of stock images and resources is acceptable though.
»You may not post entries with nudity, racism, or entries that don't follow the theme.
»POST ONLY YOUR FINISHED SIG. We don't need the thread filled up with redo's.
»You MAY NOT use an old sig. In addition all sigs must be created AFTER this thread is posted.
»You MAY NOT participate in this competition if you are banned.
»You MAY NOT use an alt to post an entry.
»LIMIT DISCUSSION. You should only discuss things having to do with SOTW.
»If your entries do not follow these rules, it will be ignored.

You will have from now until early Wednesday to post your entries. In the event that there are 3 or less entries for the week, the competition will be extended accordingly. PM me if you have any questions or suggestions pertaining to SOTW.

Best of luck to all participants. :)

I guess it was so late I forgot the entry pic... Here it is...

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-04 14:36:21

At least mine won't look crappy like it did last time. (shrug)
Space - SOTW Entry

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-04 17:25:59

I'm not really proud of this week's sig, but I'm going to post it anyway!

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-04 20:08:31

Made the planet using a tutorial, other than that i'm pretty 'meh' with this sig.

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-05 12:41:20

At 6/5/10 01:36 AM, Ninjar wrote: I spent 3 hours on this baby. The whole thing is 100% original artwork,

I must say, it looks amazing and the fact that you did it all makes it even better. The only part of mine that I did was those unrealistic stars.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-07 02:07:56

At 6/6/10 09:55 PM, Ninjar wrote: Thanks man. I wasn't planning on going all out like I did, was just going to make something simple with the same layout like I used but I couldn't stop adding minor details here and there. When it comes to competitions mainly such as this, I will mostly do my own artwork rather than using stock photos as it's more of a challenge. :)

I agree with Makeshift, it is an awesome sig. Original artwork is always good.

I will attempt to make an entry sometime in the next few days... I have an idea that just might blow your mind. Well, probably not, but methinks it's a pretty cool idea. Anyhow, I'm tired.

Peace.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-07 10:49:52

here is my attempt, enjoy :)

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-07 10:50:39

Sup guys here's my entry, Seeing as it's allowed I used resource images for the planets, although anything I did use has been changed quite a bit to get it to work, especially the centre piece.

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-07 10:53:38

At 6/5/10 01:36 AM, Ninjar wrote: I spent 3 hours on this baby. The whole thing is 100% original artwork, except for two textures created by someone on DA (used for planets).. and a couple brushes for top left star (still had to modify it a lot to my liking after placing brushes in.) If you want to see the original dimensions (twice the size as one below), you can view it here. You'll have to "Download File..." to get the full view. :)

Dude, I absolutely love the way you've used multiple colours and made it look amazing. I alwaya end up having an image with a single predominant colour which isn't always what I want.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-08 20:54:03

Alright, here's my entry...

Game changer?

I felt like animating something, since we're not allowed to use animated sigs on NG anymore. Not exactly the animation I had in mind when I got the idea, but meh. It'll do.

I was going to have a UFO beaming a laser into the ocean, forming a hurricane, and using the laser to guide the hurricane ashore. Too complicated though, and too much animation to keep in a 150k file size.

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6 2010-06-09 11:32:17

Hey guys. Hope i'm not late. This was a last minute thing by me. Seeing as the theme was Space/sci-fi i went for something more sci-fi than space, seeing as how most of the entries this week were all space sigs.
Been a while since i've done a sig, so hopefully this still looks ok on NG....

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 6