00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

1,222 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-07 16:33:00

Hello, and welcome to another Sig of the Week. Sorry for being late on posting the thread, I've been relatively busy lately, and away from the computer for the most part. The winner of last weeks competition was Life-Stream, and the theme he has chosen is Big Cats, lions, leopard, panthers, jaguars, etc.

I know he tried posting a thread already, but he didn't have time to make his entry, and it got locked. He's asked me to post a new one, and I just saw his message in my inbox(sorry). Let's get on with it, shall we?

If you are a sig maker, and would like to post an entry, here are some rules you MUST follow:

»Maximum dimensions for entries: 599px by 300px. **NO VERTICAL SIGS ALLOWED!**
»Minimum dimensions for entries: 350px by 50px.
»Sigs must be no larger than 150k.
»NO MS-PAINT. This competition is meant to increase overall sig quality, not decrease it.
»ONLY ONE ENTRY PER SIG MAKER. This makes it easier for the voting.
»Sigs must be your own work. The use of stock images and resources is acceptable though.
»You may not post entries with nudity, racism, or entries that don't follow the theme.
»POST ONLY YOUR FINISHED SIG. We don't need the thread filled up with "redo's"
»You MAY NOT use an old sig. In addition all sigs must be created AFTER this thread is posted.
»You MAY NOT participate in this competition if you are banned.
»You MAY NOT use an alt to post an entry.
»NO DISCUSSION. You may only ask questions pertaining to S.O.T.W.
»If your entries do not follow these rules, it will be ignored.

You will have from now until Tuesday to complete your entries. Voting will take place in this thread ending early Thursday, giving the winner a whole day(or a little more if required) to log on to Newgrounds and PM either myself, Mulchings, or Life-Stream. If it takes more than 2 days for the winner to PM his choice, a new theme will be randomly chosen, and the next S.O.T.W thread will be posted.

Best of luck to all participants. :)

I don't have time to participate this week, so here's another example sig I put together real quick...

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-07 17:15:32

FYI: These threads, along with the past sotw's, have been added to the Weeklies section.

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-07 20:17:02

At 5/7/10 05:15 PM, Art101 wrote: FYI: These threads, along with the past sotw's, have been added to the Weeklies section.

Thank you kindly for keeping tabs on all of that. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 06:56:00

I had a lot of fun making this. :)

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 09:36:02

I really quite like this sig, if anyone is interested the text is a quote from Winston Churchill.

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 09:48:22

At 5/8/10 09:36 AM, LimitedMortality wrote: I really quite like this sig, if anyone is interested the text is a quote from Winston Churchill.

Oh and please ignore any crappy English, I just got up.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 19:22:51

I always want to refrain from posting for a few days but can never seem to. God damnit.

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 21:17:07

Kind of stole Ninjar's idea from last week. And now I see Limited has done it this week. But oh well, I like mine, personally. Could use a few touches and it's going to look waaaay different for on PC. (I make all my sigs on my mac).

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 21:20:26

DAMMIT! It DID turn out really bad on here.

If a mod happens to wonder in here (please delete this post and my previous with the sig).

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 22:02:34

At 5/8/10 09:20 PM, Makeshift wrote: DAMMIT! It DID turn out really bad on here.

If a mod happens to wonder in here (please delete this post and my previous with the sig).

Well that wouldn't be too fair, now would it? What's up with the sig BG colors lately? Is it something wrong with my computer or something? I keep getting 1a1b22 or 18181d and stuff like that as the color you guys are using? It's 25272D, is it not? It's weird, cause a few sigs on the forum have done that, and they used to blend in and show 25272D as the BG color, but they don't anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-08 22:09:20

At 5/8/10 10:02 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote: Well that wouldn't be too fair, now would it?

Yes, if I posted it fixed or new one.
I was just going to not post another.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-09 00:24:10

At 5/8/10 10:09 PM, Makeshift wrote: Yes, if I posted it fixed or new one.
I was just going to not post another.

Well, what if someone liked it, and decided to vote for it?

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-09 08:19:21

Not too pleased with how this turned out to be honest. But i spent quite a bit of time on it so this is my entry. Couldn't find a decent text that went well with it either. Oh well.

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-09 17:52:38

At 5/8/10 10:02 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote: What's up with the sig BG colors lately?

I have the same problem, but it isn't with all images. only some the background colour appears different. I'm using chrome on my macbook pro, although I tried switching to firefox but the colours are still wrong on the same images. When I go to newgrounds on my iphone however, the images have the correct colour and blend in with the background fine...

People who's images always seem to do this on my computer are life-stream's, and mine. I have no idea. even though it just seems like a browser issue...

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-10 00:47:07

At 5/9/10 08:19 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Not too pleased with how this turned out to be honest. But i spent quite a bit of time on it so this is my entry. Couldn't find a decent text that went well with it either. Oh well.

I bet this one would have been cool. Or at least something to that effect. And just my personal opinion, I don't think you should be able to have a mod delete your post and retry if there's a rule you can only post your sig once. The border on mine is messed up, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else if I had a mod delete it. Then, anyone can go to a mod and ask them to delete their post, and then why not just be able to post a draft or two to see how they look actually in a thread?

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-10 08:10:49

At 5/10/10 12:47 AM, michelinman wrote: I bet this one would have been cool. Or at least something to that effect. And just my personal opinion, I don't think you should be able to have a mod delete your post and retry if there's a rule you can only post your sig once.

Yeah, that font probably would have looked better, but i don't want mine deleted. What's done is done.

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-10 09:57:09

At 5/8/10 09:17 PM, Makeshift wrote: Kind of stole Ninjar's idea from last week. And now I see Limited has done it this week. But oh well, I like mine, personally. Could use a few touches and it's going to look waaaay different for on PC. (I make all my sigs on my mac).

Nice Idea :D Put I find the making is a little bad

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week 3 2010-05-10 19:06:52

At 5/9/10 05:52 PM, Officer wrote: People who's images always seem to do this on my computer are life-stream's, and mine. I have no idea. even though it just seems like a browser issue...

It's wierd. I always thought it had something to do with mac and PC users, that each computer had a different colour palette numbers or something. For me my one obviously looks like it blends into the NG colour background, but Makeshifts for example looks darker than normal.

However, i understand that on his computer his might look correct, so i wouldn´t deduct points when judging sigs like that.

Are you gonna make a sig this week Officer?