00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GonzoidPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You

25,576 Views | 368 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 02:59:04

Greetings and welcome. I'm sure you're wondering why I've scheduled this meeting. For you rent-a-mods, don't worry, I WAY meet the requirements for starting this thread, but go ahead and waste your time checking if you want to.

I've been working on Holy Sprites 2 for a little while now and decided I should just open it up as a collab. There are many reasons for this, one of which is to have new flavor and style integrated into it. The title of "Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You" is just a working title and will be changed as time/suggestions go(es) on.

What's the Idea?:
A long play list of skits developed by strong sprite animators for the enjoyment of everyone. Animations are to be humorous and can be mixed with action.

Rules:
1. You must be a good sprite animator
2. If you don't have any submissions, you must provide a sample of what you are able to produce
3. VCam MUST be used and files listed+created as I instruct when submitted
4. Only the best will be used
5. Logo must be present where I instruct
6. Skit to be 5 to 30 seconds (if longer is needed and worth it, exceptions can be made)
7. Up to three skits per animator is allowed
8. Be as original as possible
9. ALL sprites are allowed

Specs:
1. Flash 8 Compatible (I do not have a newer version of Flash) and AS2.0 or older
2. 550 x 400 project size (VCam dimensions)
3. 30fps
4. BG color will be set to black in main file
5. BG graphics are of your choosing
6. Music set to stream

Submission Instructions:
1. All complete animations set inside a movie clip
2. Logo to be placed in top right of screen
3. Name your files in this style: YourName - WhatYouNamedIt - WhatSceneItIs [this will prevent overwriting of files from other artists]
4. Submitted in either the *.FLA or *.RAR format

So, how awesome is that? So awesome! If you're interested, drop your name here along with your idea on what you're going to submit. Keep posting your updates from Spam The Web on here to a minimum only for the fact that way people will get a treat when they finally get a chance to see the finished product.

Also, I'm willing to take bids on the opening sequence, menu selection, and the credits. Let's get to work.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:08:49

Ok I'll join.
You may wanna see my skills, then here you go.
LINK
And MFM means MarioFlashMovies, I moved accounts to Aguproductions (This) and forgotted to change the watermark xD

Yeah, man, I'm in sprite fights, and this is quite old, I can do BETTER now, but this is my minimum. I will do a lot better.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:12:28

Oh, and BTW, can I do the opening, too?
I have an awesome idea.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:15:04

Okay, you're in, especially if that's your minimum.

Opening? Sure, kick over the idea for it. Like I said, I'm willing to see what everyone can do. For the original Holy Sprites (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/5 04493) I did just a quick thing for the intro, so I'm looking for something more intricate this time around.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:17:27

At 5/2/10 03:15 AM, Sunrie wrote: Okay, you're in, especially if that's your minimum.

Yeah, dude, I know. I watched HS1.
(Holy Sprites 1)

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:43:43

I'd love to be a part of this project. I haven't animated much in a while, and it'd be great to get back to the way of things.

It's also great to see a sprite collab that actually requires a bit of skill, I thank you for that.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:45:46

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 03:57:28

Oh my yes, Greenfrost6, you can definitely join. I remember seeing that animation and admiring the time you spent on it. Lots of custom sprite movement in it.

Yeah, skill is a must. I'm not going to take just anything by anyone.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 10:22:51

Sprite fight tribute.

LINK!
Now isn't it EPIC?!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 14:39:50

*LOL* Nice so far, man. Smooth animation and clean effects

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 14:53:02

We really need an edit option...like one that allows up to two minutes after posting before it's permanent or something...

Anyway, I made an official post in my news section. When new people join later on in this topic and don't come to the front page, they can at least be directed there. It also lists who is joined, scene count, etc.

Holy Sprites 2 - Sunrie's News Post Page

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 14:55:11

At 5/2/10 02:53 PM, Sunrie wrote: We really need an edit option...like one that allows up to two minutes after posting before it's permanent or something...

Uhhhh, is that a custom sprite for L? Or is it ripped from somewhere?

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 15:01:10

It's ripped from the Death Note game from Japan :3

The one I used is from him standing there, talking. I have a few others if you'd like them, including Light.

Oh, and would you like to be part of this?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 15:09:50

I'm in! I'll think of some ideas. One of them will be about Cream the Rabbit.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 16:06:09

Okay, animate something up to show what you're capable of since you don't have any animations submitted.

This is going to be the best of the best.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 19:44:38

Is it 24 FPS I take it? I'm currently working on a pac man one

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-02 20:15:55

At 5/2/10 07:44 PM, hrechkaness wrote: Is it 24 FPS I take it? I'm currently working on a pac man one

It's 30 fps.

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-03 07:29:40

So ah, can I do another part?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-04 02:46:05

Yeah. I am allowing 3-4 per additional artists. Let me know via PM when you need my e-nail to send the files.

Titrou said he'd join, but he has CS4 and can't save down to F8 :(

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-04 04:03:00

At 5/4/10 02:46 AM, Sunrie wrote: Yeah. I am allowing 3-4 per additional artists. Let me know via PM when you need my e-nail to send the files.

Titrou said he'd join, but he has CS4 and can't save down to F8 :(

TITS IS JOINING?! IF SO, I'M DEFS IN THIS!
Man, I missed him... I thought he quit animation?

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-04 07:22:40

I made a little animation test to see how I can animate at 30fps (That's the required framerate for this collab). This isn't made for the collab itself. This is just to show you my sprite animation skills.

SWF

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-04 14:08:00

Filler.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-04 20:03:14

Here's a hint about the first part I'm working on:
Cream will be using the Chao Blaster. A gun which uses Chaos as bullets. How epic is that?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-05 00:47:47

I'm in on this :D

I have an idea...

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-05 08:42:29

At 5/4/10 08:03 PM, OutcastLabs wrote: Here's a hint about the first part I'm working on:
Cream will be using the Chao Blaster. A gun which uses Chaos as bullets. How epic is that?

You mean Chaos the water god or the little Chao? Chao is plural too, just saying /sonic nerd.

And sounds like the crap I always see on my YT friends activity. Though it's best to wait and see how it comes out before judging.

Another sprite collab eh? Dunno at the moment. I have some ideas, but they're way longer than the required limit. I'll see what I can come up and I'll let ya know. ;)

If you're picking people, can you ask them NOT to submit a Vs movie as an example? Anyone can make a VS movie, but you need more than sprites beating the hell outta each other to DBZ sfx to make this worthwhile. Just some suggestions my good sir.

Formally - gameboyplayer; needs to fix up this sig again

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-07 01:14:49

At 5/4/10 07:22 AM, OutcastLabs wrote: I made a little animation test to see how I can animate at 30fps (That's the required framerate for :this collab). This isn't made for the collab itself. This is just to show you my sprite animation skills.

With a fleshing out, that could be really funny. Keep going with your ideas and show us what you've got.

At 5/5/10 12:47 AM, liljoey50 wrote: I'm in on this :D
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 1776
I have an idea...

Sounds good, man. You may definitely join up. The animations were well done and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

At 5/5/10 08:42 AM, GameboyHero wrote:

Another sprite collab eh? Dunno at the moment. I have some ideas, but they're way longer than the required limit. I'll see what I can come up and I'll let ya know. ;)

If you're picking people, can you ask them NOT to submit a Vs movie as an example? Anyone can make a VS movie, but you need more than sprites beating the hell outta each other to DBZ sfx to make this worthwhile. Just some suggestions my good sir.

I agree. Aguproductions sent me another example of what he does, so it's all good, and the one he's making for this is good.

Hope you decide to join up with this.

At 5/4/10 04:03 AM, ikool wrote: TITS IS JOINING?! IF SO, I'M DEFS IN THIS!
Man, I missed him... I thought he quit animation?

He said he would, but he has Flash CS4, and it doesn't save down to Flash 8, which is a problem for him. Tittrou said if he could find a way to save down to Flash 8, he'd do it.

----
Does anyone have another suggestion for the Collab name? It'll have Holy Sprites 2 in it, but what about the "sub-name"? The whole "Collaber is You" was just an idea and temp name, kind of a play on Kingdom of Loathing.

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-07 05:53:23

Horry, you know YouTube fads, Sunrie.

This is Sparta! Remix!

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-07 05:54:43

TITLES
Holy Sprites 2: The sprited return
Holy Sprites 2: Game's not over
Holy Sprites 2: The collab

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-07 22:02:32

At 5/7/10 05:54 AM, Aguproductions wrote: Holy Sprites 2: Game's not over

I like this one ;D

Well, I've just finished my VA Stream and it looks like my part is going to go for more than a minute..perhaps i could split it into two parts?

Response to Holy Sprites 2: Collaber is You 2010-05-07 23:21:27

Looks like my buddy, Wyldfyre, is going up. Doing a few Yoshi skits. Well, one long skit broken into about three as the "running joke".

At 5/7/10 05:53 AM, Aguproductions wrote: Horry, you know YouTube fads, Sunrie.
This is Sparta! Remix!

*L* Sparta rocks...but I had to look that remix up. Had never heard of it before.

At 5/7/10 10:02 PM, liljoey50 wrote:
At 5/7/10 05:54 AM, Aguproductions wrote: Holy Sprites 2: Game's not over
I like this one ;D

Well, I've just finished my VA Stream and it looks like my part is going to go for more than a minute..perhaps i could split it into two parts?

I like that one, too.

Yeah, you can definitely split it into two parts. If you want to do four total, I might even consider that one even though it's split into two.