00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii

2,046 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 13:02:00

Hello, and welcome to another Sig of the Week. The winner of last weeks competition was Officer, and he has chosen to go with Iron Man as this weeks theme, to celebrate the release of the Iron Man 2 movie.

If you are a sig maker, and would like to post an entry, here are some rules you MUST follow:

»Maximum dimensions for entries: 599px by 300px. **NO VERTICAL SIGS ALLOWED!**
»Minimum dimensions for entries: 350px by 50px.
»Sigs must be no larger than 150k.
»NO MS-PAINT. This competition is meant to increase overall sig quality, not decrease it.
»ONLY ONE ENTRY PER SIG MAKER. This makes it easier for the voting.
»Sigs must be your own work. The use of stock images and resources is acceptable though.
»You may not post entries with nudity, racism, or entries that don't follow the theme.
»POST ONLY YOUR FINISHED SIG. We don't need the thread filled up with "redo's"
»You MAY NOT use an old sig. In addition all sigs must be created AFTER this thread is posted.
»You MAY NOT participate in this competition if you are banned.
»You MAY NOT use an alt to post an entry.
»NO DISCUSSION. You may only ask questions pertaining to S.O.T.W.
»If your entries do not follow these rules, it will be ignored.

You will have from now until Tuesday to complete your entries. Voting will take place in this thread ending early Thursday, giving the winner a whole day(or a little more if required) to log on to Newgrounds and PM either myself, CagedSilhouette, or Life-Stream. If it takes more than 2 days for the winner to PM his choice, a new theme will be randomly chosen, and the next S.O.T.W thread will be posted.

Good luck to everyone. Let's begin, shall we? :)
I'm about to make my entry now :)

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 14:19:06

I don't like the position of the text but w/e

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 15:40:23

Contributing...

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 19:21:56

At 4/30/10 07:18 PM, angryglacier wrote: Uh huh... So, what are the rules on how much the sig is actually yours as in you actually painted it in photoshop as well. Is it for more design features where you can use clip-art or is it for completely 100% original pieces. Not to be a downer on your parade here but a LOT of sigs are made with just using clip art that you put a background behind, and at the art forum we won't allow that.

He already has clearance Gene.
yes this falls under a photoshop thread, meaning clip art allowed,
besides I already have my sig idea in mind.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 19:40:57

I like this week's theme. I decided to see if I could still make a decent tech-border. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 19:51:03

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-04-30 22:27:52

HERE COMES IRON MAN

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-02 01:08:09

I have not made a sig or used Photoshop in about 6 months. I got a little tired and frustrated near the end of making this too.

Here's the source image I used.

And of course, here it is:

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-02 01:27:43

Oh my. That sig looked much better on the Mac I made it on.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-02 17:12:37

At 5/2/10 01:27 AM, Makeshift wrote: Oh my. That sig looked much better on the Mac I made it on.

I suggest more effects on the text itself, and making the border complete or removing it

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-03 03:57:09

1 day left to post entries.

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 11:01:21

Sig of the Week is "officially" over, now it's time to vote! We're going to try something different this week and tag the voting to the end of this thread(obviously).

That being said, here are some rules that MUST be followed for all who plan on voting:

»DO NOT post entries after this post. S.O.T.W is over, and the voting will start now.
»No voting for yourself. If you do so, it will count negatively against you.
»Absolutely no alt voting. If we find you are doing this, you may not enter the competition ever again, nor will you be able to vote ever again.
»Again, vote fairly. Every entry deserves an honest vote.
»Vote for the sig, not the sig maker.
»NO DISCUSSION! You may only vote, from here on. Feel free to critique the sigs you are voting for.

Here's how the voting will work:

Example.
---
1: Turkeybean
2: MadCow
3: KevinBacon

Scoring
---
1 = 3 points
2 = 2 points
3 = 1 point

You can scroll through this thread to see the entries, or see them all together onthis page.

Good luck to everyone who entered. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 11:33:47

My vote:

1.] Life-Stream--Meh, it's almost over-kill with all the effects and distortions. Despite that, I like the border, and though you made the background too dark, I knew what you were going for, and forgive you for that(I figured your monitor's brightness may be too dark or something. The BBS background color is 25272D btw). I'm also really liking the color. Overall, it's a pretty good sig.

2.] Ninjar--Almost the same gripe as Life-Stream's, but not so close to over-kill. I don't really know what to think of that one brush that goes across Iron Man's chest. Kinda throws me off. However, you pulled off a pretty cool grunge background with an equally cool "border". Also, props on finding the "Iron Man" font. ;) I think you did pretty good.

3.] Mulchings--Simple and slick. The text placement isn't so bad, but I think you could have done something a little different. Simple border. Simple background, I can tell it's just Iron Man's "face", but stretched, or smudged, across the background... With a little brushing over it, maybe... Or, maybe some noise. :P I dunno. I like the little criss-cross thing you did there with the dots, and how it fits your name in the corner there. Overall, I think it's a decent sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 13:32:38

1) Ninjar
2) Mulchings
3) Life-Stream

This thread made me realise how bad I am at this...

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 13:43:15

At 5/4/10 11:33 AM, CagedSilhouette wrote: The BBS background color is 25272D btw)

I usually just print screen and pick the colour from that and it's always slightly off, it comes up as 26272C or something like that for me

At 5/4/10 01:32 PM, LimitedMortality wrote: 1) Ninjar
2) Mulchings
3) Life-Stream

This thread made me realise how bad I am at this...

But competition is the best way to improve!

Life-Stream
Ninjar
CagedSilhouette

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 15:29:12

1.) Ninjar
2.) Mulchings
3.) Life-Stream

Late entry for Ninjar (NG Time, at least), but it's so positively awesome that it can't be passed up.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 18:18:44

1. CagedSilhouette

2. Life-Stream

3. Ninjar

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-04 19:01:03

1 - 3 points - ninjar

2 - 2 points - life-stream

3 - 1 point - cagedsilhouette

ill compete next week depending on the theme

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-06 12:16:24

The competition is now over and the results are in!

First, with 15 points is Life-Stream
Second, with 14 points is Ninjar
And third with 7 points is CagedSilhouette

Congrats to Life-Stream and the new thread should be up on Friday with a theme chosen by Life-Stream

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-06 15:23:16

Damn i did't get to vote. I thought voting ended at midnight on Thursday. Sorry guys. If i had re-read Caged's first ngsm rules i would have seen. Ninjar should have won this one really, with 3 points from me, cos his sig was damn awesome.
I would have given Caged 2 points, because you can just tell that alot of time and effort went into that awesome tech border, and it was worth it. Beautiful sig!
And last but not least i would have given Mulchings 1 point. Though quite subtle, the colours work nicely and its quite easy on the eye.

Nice job guys, and thankyou for your votes. I'll have the 3rd NGSM SOTW thread up tomorrow morning!

Response to Ngsm's Sig Of The Week Ii 2010-05-07 05:01:48

how does he breathe

BBS Signature