00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread

65,337 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-24 01:27:15

Guys, this is the Super Street Fighter 4 thread. Go take your trolling and your "knowledge" elsewhere.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-24 03:20:15

Third Strike is a whole new kind of beast, I didn't even realize.

I'm really having a tough time with it because it feels like the inputs are either really sloppy and unresponsive or stupidly rigid in their execution. I've grown incredibly tired of getting a jab instead of an SPD. The art of punishing seems to be mostly lost in this game seeing as the game makes it clear from the get go that it wants you to parry for your punishes so normal blocking doesn't cut it.

The only problem with that is that parrying isn't as easy as focus countering, in fact it's not even practical for most people to know how to counter 90% of the cast's moves. I'm hoping my experience with SF4 will help me adapt easier so I can get to mauling with Hugo.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-24 03:46:47

At 8/24/11 03:20 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Third Strike is a whole new kind of beast, I didn't even realize.

I'm really having a tough time with it because it feels like the inputs are either really sloppy and unresponsive or stupidly rigid in their execution.

I've heard that they kept it the way an arcade would handle it. Compared to the console, idk it was something about inputs being too quick or something, that arcade players weren't used to it.

The only problem with that is that parrying isn't as easy as focus countering, in fact it's not even practical for most people to know how to counter 90% of the cast's moves. I'm hoping my experience with SF4 will help me adapt easier so I can get to mauling with Hugo.

My friend has the hang of that parrying system. I haven't played 3rd Strike though heard good things. Mash on Gobble ;p.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-24 23:15:17

Enjoying SF3 so far, I haven't played online yet, however. I'm really enjoying the challenges that are on the side of the screen during the fight. I wish they would have done more with the vault though, like they could have put stages or characters from the other versions of SF3, (I don't know what that would do to balance, but just an idea.)

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-25 21:52:55

If you guys are up for another round tomorrow let me know so I can get the group together and hopefully have an 8 man lobby or even a team battle

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-26 17:21:42

I think for 3rd Strike I am going to try and main Necro

I'll still use Hugo and Oro but I really like Necro and I want to be better with him.

On an AE related note, did everyone see the new balance changes for 2012?

What do you guys think of them?

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-27 19:48:06

At 8/26/11 05:21 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: On an AE related note, did everyone see the new balance changes for 2012?

What do you guys think of them?

Nope, you got a link? Also, started playing Ibuki, she's pretty neat.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-27 19:52:13

At 8/27/11 07:48 PM, Quinny wrote: Nope, you got a link? Also, started playing Ibuki, she's pretty neat.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/2 7/footage-ssf4-arcade-edition-v2012-loca tion-test/
There you go.Also3S is taking allmy time

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-28 16:23:11

Super street fighter 4 is a ghost town. seeing as I bought it recently, I had a theory going around, can any of you confirm?
You see I think SSF4 is so empty because everyone switched to arcade edition already. Does arcade edition do that? Say, I can't play with anyone that has arcade edition. I know arcade edition, aside from new characters tweaked alot of online stuff. Is that why SSF4 is so empty? Because everyone is playing arcade edition instead? And if I want to play with them I need to buy arcade edition as well?

I have not played tournament at all, and I have to refresh about 5 times to find anyone in a ranked match. And when I search in team battle the team consists of just me. Endless battles are only found two at a time (as in I can only find two games, sometimes even none at all).

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-28 16:49:48

At 8/28/11 04:23 PM, sweet21 wrote: Super street fighter 4 is a ghost town. seeing as I bought it recently, I had a theory going around, can any of you confirm?

I just think its cause of 3rd Strike, because SF4 has been around for quite a while and seeing that 3rd Strike is out being the beloved game that it is among the fighter genre why not try and master that one as well. Also, I thought SSF4 players can play with those that have Arcade Edition unless if they need to have their settings set to using both editions to play each other. I don't know about Endless battles but to me I always found Team Battles empty. I too just recently bought SSF 4: AE.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-28 17:33:31

At 8/27/11 07:52 PM, dmansland wrote: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/2 7/footage-ssf4-arcade-edition-v2012-loca tion-test/
There you go.Also3S is taking allmy time

Dee Jays super cancel will come in handy, Hakan being oiled from the start is good but I don't like Makotos' health getting nerfed. Also, Ibukis U2 being able to juggle gets a thumbs up.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-28 17:35:06

At 8/28/11 04:23 PM, sweet21 wrote: Super street fighter 4 is a ghost town. seeing as I bought it recently,

There is you problem. You should have bought the AE DLC or if you didn't already own SSF4, you should have bought the Arcade Edition stand alone disk. It's 40 dollars as well. Almost everyone who played SSF4 got the AE add on and those who didn't dropped the game altogether. You will most never find someone playing regular SSF4 online anymore, so might as well invest in AE. You can play regular Super even if you have AE though so it's basically 2 games in one.

Two expansions really...

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-08-31 21:15:05

I finally broke 2000PP which is something i've been working toward for a while

Hopefully I can really break into the top echelons of the late 3000's and 4000's

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-09-23 07:42:22

Got some lulzy wins with DAN THE MAN yesterday. I'm definitely using him when I'm at Replay Expo. Gonna see if I can bump him up to B rank, although that's probably asking a bit much of him.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-09-23 17:02:31

I kind of stopped plaing this game after SF3 came out. Sure I played it a bit but now it just feels extremely slow and I'm even dropping combos. What can I say Third Strike is just more fun

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-09-23 17:30:32

Does anyone know how much this game costs nowadays?

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-10-19 21:58:31

Okay so, I can easily say, I am sick of this game. I am so tired of losing to jerks online, im sick of the controls, just everything. Before I would just get pissed at this game. Whenever I try to do a hyper or ultra combo, it doesn't work half the time. I end up doing an EX attack instead, which if this game can piece that together, why can't it figure out i wanted a special?
It feels as though when I lose, I don't feel like it's my fault, but how awful the controls are. I swear to god, this really does feel like a gimmick to buy an arcade stick. "Buy this arcade stick and your character will do what you want them to do!"
And if it's not control it's the online community. I can't say just how sick I am of Vega and blanka, and the work "hadoken" at this point.
Now whenever I play, I start off like T_T then when I lose im like T_T when I win im like :|
When I leave im like :\
I have had enough of this game.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-10-19 22:33:21

At 10/19/11 09:58 PM, sweet21 wrote: Okay so, I can easily say, I am sick of this game. I am so tired of losing to jerks online, im sick of the controls, just everything. Before I would just get pissed at this game. Whenever I try to do a hyper or ultra combo, it doesn't work half the time. I end up doing an EX attack instead, which if this game can piece that together, why can't it figure out i wanted a special?

I've read if you're doing it too fast you'll land an EX move, too slow it just won't come out. Try to learn your characters combos, or what moves you can cancel into your Ultra/Super. Don't get lost that you have to put the commands in fast. Take your time, some just need the right timing and you'll be fine.

It feels as though when I lose, I don't feel like it's my fault, but how awful the controls are. I swear to god, this really does feel like a gimmick to buy an arcade stick. "Buy this arcade stick and your character will do what you want them to do!"

Whatever you feel makes you comfortable.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-10-19 22:35:00

I feel your pain. I tried this game again after a while and I just feel like I am grinding when I play it. Don't get much joy from it anymore

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-10-20 18:58:28

I'm in the top 100 for everyone and I'm 3rd in Europe with Dan. Not bad for someone who's a total duffer with every other character. I've lost a bit of PP to morons but I'm still on about 1200.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-10-20 23:13:04

At 10/20/11 06:58 PM, Quinny wrote: I'm in the top 100 for everyone and I'm 3rd in Europe with Dan. Not bad for someone who's a total duffer with every other character. I've lost a bit of PP to morons but I'm still on about 1200.

That's impressive. We should play again next time I'm on, though I am really rusty and I believe every game has parrying. Would be good to oil my gears against you

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-10-23 17:31:19

Currently sitting at #80 and 1500PP. Bit naff that you need at least 3000PP to get on the rankings but whatever. My chances at Replay are definitely getting better.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-11-17 00:07:13

Anyone know if I'll still earn the "From C to Shining C" trophy by using the AE ver. only since I bought SSF4: AE, not the DLC, I bought the disc. Keep reading about people switching over to regular SSF4 and getting it that way. Don't mind having to C rank the extra characters.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-11-17 00:54:18

At 10/23/11 05:31 PM, Quinny wrote: Currently sitting at #80 and 1500PP. Bit naff that you need at least 3000PP to get on the rankings but whatever. My chances at Replay are definitely getting better.

I could never get past 2300PP

It gets pretty tough out there, especially since the competition is thin so you either lose to the same people or the same people stop wanting to lose to you.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-11-17 06:35:15

At 11/17/11 12:07 AM, X1SephX wrote: Anyone know if I'll still earn the "From C to Shining C" trophy by using the AE ver. only since I bought SSF4: AE, not the DLC, I bought the disc. Keep reading about people switching over to regular SSF4 and getting it that way. Don't mind having to C rank the extra characters.

i was actually working on that achievement during super and got about halfway done. then ae came out and reset the bp scores and i gave up.

yeah, i could switch to super but there's rarely anyone playing that.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2012-01-14 14:02:04

Its been oh so long since I played this game. Worst part about it is I left the country took my 3DS with SSF4 but no one has even heard of a 3DS here. Now I want to play some SF4 so when I return in about a week or 2. lets get some matches going once more with the new 2012 rules or just regular SSF4. either one is fine with me

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2012-01-14 18:15:03

Kind of abandoned this after I dropped 500BP and a LOAD of PP. Don't really like anyone else apart from Dan. I have weird hands so can't pull off certain moves, charge characters in particular.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2012-01-14 18:24:52

Oh this thread is back? Perfect time to announce I destroyed this game in pure rage. So yeah. Took it out the console and threw the disk in the garbage. What finally did it was losing abit over 500PP to Vega after Vega. And then a Bison and a Balrog and then a Vega again.

I then deleted all the saved data and install data. Final record:

170 wins
500+ losses.
Best character: Ibuki, rank B+
Second best character: Rufus, rank C+

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2012-01-15 00:40:13

At 1/14/12 06:24 PM, sweet21 wrote: Oh this thread is back? Perfect time to announce I destroyed this game in pure rage. So yeah. Took it out the console and threw the disk in the garbage. What finally did it was losing abit over 500PP to Vega after Vega. And then a Bison and a Balrog and then a Vega again.

I then deleted all the saved data and install data. Final record:

170 wins
500+ losses.
Best character: Ibuki, rank B+
Second best character: Rufus, rank C+

Jesus the game must have pissed you off tremendously to make you do that! What happened throughout your whole SF4 career to finally throw the game out with such rage?

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2012-01-16 02:04:48

He just described what caused him to perma ragequit: getting put against characters that he sucks againsts repeatedly.