00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread

65,110 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-25 05:52:33

At 4/25/11 05:09 AM, Idocreating wrote:
At 4/25/11 05:02 AM, dmansland wrote: Fight an Akuma that knows how to vortex the see who ragequits
Remind me what the vortex is? Is that the spinning kick thing or the ultra I mentioned? Cos he got me a few times before with that ultra while I tried to jump kick him.

The vortex is completely different. Its when Akuma scores a untechable knockdown through a sweep or throw and mixes you up constantly with his demon flip. Its very hard to escape and once a good Akuma has you locked down, it's pretty much over unless he fucks up or you guess correctly. Ibuki has one too with her kunai but not as scary as Akuma. Hope that helps

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-25 06:50:26

I hope PSN gets fixed soon so I can get on with piledriving noobs. Also, trolling with Dan never gets old.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-25 08:31:54

At 4/25/11 06:50 AM, Quinny wrote: I hope PSN gets fixed soon so I can get on with piledriving noobs. Also, trolling with Dan never gets old.

The rush from winning with Dan is indescribable. He's not that bad either, his ultra 1 can really screw up players with little experience against him if used straight after theirs. Especially when they're nearly dead and you can tell there going to unleash their's as soon as they get up.

Akuma: Prepare yourself!
Dan: GA DO! *Bam bam bam bam bam* Yahoo! *Teeth Sparkle*

DAN WINS. AKUMA TOTALLY RAGEQUITS. JIZZ.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-25 17:52:03

At 4/25/11 05:52 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 4/25/11 05:02 AM, dmansland wrote:
Ibuki has one too with her kunai but not as scary as Akuma. Hope that helps

More Ibuki players tend to know how to do it correctly though. I despise Ibuki for it, especially since you can't lariat her kunai because they hit low.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-25 22:48:01

At 4/25/11 08:31 AM, Idocreating wrote: The rush from winning with Dan is indescribable. He's not that bad either, his ultra 1 can really screw up players with little experience against him if used straight after theirs. Especially when they're nearly dead and you can tell there going to unleash their's as soon as they get up.

Akuma: Prepare yourself!
Dan: GA DO! *Bam bam bam bam bam* Yahoo! *Teeth Sparkle*

DAN WINS. AKUMA TOTALLY RAGEQUITS. JIZZ.

He also has a decent Hurricane Kick, and a great Dragon Punch. He's tricky, his Ultra Projectile damages more than Metsu Hadoken, and he has an impressive dash.

I like Dan Hibiki, he might not be the streetest fighter but he's up there.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-26 00:36:39

At 4/25/11 05:52 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 4/25/11 05:52 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 4/25/11 05:02 AM, dmansland wrote:
Ibuki has one too with her kunai but not as scary as Akuma. Hope that helps
More Ibuki players tend to know how to do it correctly though. I despise Ibuki for it, especially since you can't lariat her kunai because they hit low.

Thank God for EX shoryu and bingo. Go right through =P

I'm modding my TE stick yet again. This time, I'm installing a bat top and seimitsu buttons. Sadly, the hole plugs were out of stock so I must wait until my stick completed and ready for EVO

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-26 10:38:36

At 4/25/11 10:48 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote: I like Dan Hibiki, he might not be the streetest fighter but he's up there.

Also, his purple outfit is the shizz. And air taunting ALWAYS pisses people off.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-26 14:30:42

Like quite a few of you, I started maining Dan... ever since I got beaten in a random vs random comp (a few weeks ago) I had at home as Dan I realised I needed to start training as characters I never play as... After a few hours of training I found out he does kick some ass but imo, his 2nd ultra seems to work better for me.
His 2nd ultra is better imo because it happens instantly unlike his first one (you can be hit with some attacks during the run up). And secondly, even if dan's gadoken doesn't hit, Dan will be propelled away from the attacker and be safe from any counter attacks....

Just thought I'd share with you people this stuff as I havn'tposted here in a while...

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-26 15:51:04

At 4/26/11 02:30 PM, BogKid wrote: His 2nd ultra is better imo because it happens instantly unlike his first one (you can be hit with some attacks during the run up). And secondly, even if dan's gadoken doesn't hit, Dan will be propelled away from the attacker and be safe from any counter attacks....
Just thought I'd share with you people this stuff as I havn'tposted here in a while...

Not true. I KO'd a Dan who randomly used his Ultra 2 once by Doing Cammy's EX Hooligan Throw into sliding kick. I'm sure there are other moves which can punish it as well.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-04-26 20:39:02

Played a cheap as hell Seth today. He sets the match so it's one round on the lowest time limit, scores some quick hits and then jumps and teleports so i can't even touch him.

Then he switched to Blanka. And got dicked on by my Dan's Koryuken spam against all his stupid ass rolls. Then he went back to Seth and ate Ultra in the face when he was landing from a jump.

R-R-RAGEQUIT! Dan's the man!

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-13 10:59:59

Why hello there 9340BP 2300PP Vega! Say hello to Dan the man!

Won both rounds after the guy badly timed his ultras on both of them, enabling me to counter with my own after i blocked his. All i got was one round out of the guy before he quit out.

Makes up for the 1500PP i've lost recently, been up against some nasty players.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-14 13:39:54

I would like to anounce that I will be purchasing AE for both PS3 and 360. Hopefully I will be able to raise enough money to dual mod my current TE stick and be taking names on both PSN and XBL. With that said that God there is an arcade right in front of my school and another within reasonable driving distance.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-15 17:38:35

God it's good to be back. The noobs are ripe for the picking.

Love me some free points

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-19 05:55:49

Playing with Dan on ranked now. Been deliberately dicking about and only just winning by a little bit. Funny as hell.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-19 17:29:05

Beat a rank B Chun-Li, was so awesome. Nearly had a rank B Blanka as well but he started playing dirty :(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-19 22:41:04

Doing quickmatches

Run into an 11,000 PP 23000 BP Zangief

Get Raped

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-19 23:08:18

At 5/19/11 05:29 PM, Quinny wrote: Beat a rank B Chun-Li, was so awesome. Nearly had a rank B Blanka as well but he started playing dirty :(

Chun Li has always been a thorn in my side with Zangief, which is why I prefer to use Fei or Hawk against her. My Street Fighter buddy uses Chun and he has my Zangief on lock and I haven't been able to beat him in forever, he's really a lot better than his rank. I'm hoping once I get another copy and AE comes out i'll be able to solidify my normals game and beat the Chun Li matchup.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-20 05:25:00

Stopped Akumas' super with Dans crouch taunt. Shit was so cash.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-20 13:10:45

At 5/20/11 05:25 AM, Quinny wrote: Stopped Akumas' super with Dans crouch taunt. Shit was so cash.

I've stopped Bison's U2 with Dan's crouching and jumping taunts. His taunts are to OP and must be nerfed immediately!

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-31 05:58:58

Got about 20 wins with Dan yesterday, including two Jap B rank Guiles and a South African (lol) B rank Sagat. Also, went into an endless lobby and beat this Kraut with 4400PP who had a 7 win streak, and then BATTERED another B rank Sagat.

But then the guy got angry and handed my arse to me :(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-31 12:30:17

At 5/20/11 01:10 PM, dmansland wrote: I've stopped Bison's U2 with Dan's crouching and jumping taunts. His taunts are to OP and must be nerfed immediately!

how did you stop it with his legendary taunt ultra? AFAIK it just send dan running accross the screen? Unless you mean Bison's ultra where he jumps in the air and slams down near you?

Also everytime I try his legendary taunt, my opponent always hits me instead of watching the legendary taunt.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-31 13:23:02

Do people actually get any joy out of being a scrub? Just lost to a Juri that kept dive kicking every time I went near him, about as much as I'd expect from a French person to be honest. Still got over 1000PP though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-31 13:48:13

At 5/31/11 12:30 PM, Yokumashu wrote:
At 5/20/11 01:10 PM, dmansland wrote: I've stopped Bison's U2 with Dan's crouching and jumping taunts. His taunts are to OP and must be nerfed immediately!
how did you stop it with his legendary taunt ultra? AFAIK it just send dan running accross the screen? Unless you mean Bison's ultra where he jumps in the air and slams down near you?

His regular crouching and jumping taunts hit but cause no damage. The person did the Ultra where Bison jumps and stomps the floor but my taunts stopped it since he landed on my fist and I just did jump taunt as an AA agaisnt him.

Also everytime I try his legendary taunt, my opponent always hits me instead of watching the legendary taunt.

That's why you must do crouching medium kick to fireball and taunt before it hits and kills the guy. They will have no choice but to watch the taunt with their lifeless bodies on the ground

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-05-31 13:52:12

At 5/31/11 01:23 PM, Quinny wrote: Do people actually get any joy out of being a scrub? Just lost to a Juri that kept dive kicking every time I went near him, about as much as I'd expect from a French person to be honest. Still got over 1000PP though.

Unnecessary francophobia aside. If you lost to a scrub, you can only have yourself to blame.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-06-02 01:56:42

Just 4 more days before AE comes out on PSN and XBLA. I must admit though I was hoping it could come out a little later just so I can finish getting C to shining C. I basically need about 11 characters and I don't want to go through all of that again with 4 more characters to use. I will say though that I will be playing nothing but endless mode since the good players are there and I don't care about points. I will start a chat on PS3 and will invite anyone who wishes to play on release day and any time with other people from Newgrounds as a more organized part instead of asking people on your friends list if they can play or not. One last note, witness my improved arcade stick which will cause all of you to tremble and lose in an instant

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-06-05 13:29:30

Been playing as Balrog alot recently in his suit which looks awesome but has anyone came across a Jpanese person recently since all of them for me seem to bee Akuma scrubs, easy points though.

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-06-06 22:37:30

I'd love to play some of you guys sometimes when AE comes out

I hope nobody would get too mad if I played Fei and Gie,f who i've been using for a while, because of their buffs.

I'm hoping to pick up Yang too which should be fun and Oni looks cool too.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-06-06 22:51:39

At 6/6/11 10:37 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I'd love to play some of you guys sometimes when AE comes out

I hope nobody would get too mad if I played Fei and Gie,f who i've been using for a while, because of their buffs.

I'm hoping to pick up Yang too which should be fun and Oni looks cool too.

I'll take you on with day 1 Yun and Evil Ryu. I won't go in training mode or arcade mode I want to see how well I can adapt

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-06-07 08:02:30

Arcade Edition is now up on Xbox Live. PSN should receive the game later on.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2011-06-07 13:57:36

At 6/7/11 08:02 AM, UncleABCD wrote: Arcade Edition is now up on Xbox Live. PSN should receive the game later on.

doesn't work for games on demand for xbox

I'M FABTASTIC

BBS Signature