00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

littlefoot970 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MOLS' art thread

73,821 Views | 707 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-29 21:48:09

http://www.codedlillycomic.com/ if you check the blog you see a grown up Dexter, Dee Dee, grown up Puffs, Douglas and Lalavava as well as Mandy and Ilana

the KND haven't been incorporated yet and thanks ^^

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-29 23:00:46

I read the Bios, Bubbles is the one with linguistic based powers BTW, unless Blossom just learned all the languages she could, as it does fit her nature. I'm gonna be a total geek and say it needs the Tests (Jhonny , Susan, Mary, and Dookie) As well as others but I'm sure there will be all sorts of cameos.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 00:28:37

NO.

Cartoon Network originals, only

and Bubbles can also speak to animals

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 00:32:30

At 6/30/11 12:28 AM, PixelCake wrote: NO.

Cartoon Network originals, only

and Bubbles can also speak to animals

Jhonny Test IS a cartoon Network original. Newer than the others, true, but an original non the less.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 03:36:03

No, it's not

http://www.johnnytestanddukey.com/

it's cookiejar entertainment - http://www.thecookiejarcompany.com/

they're in Canada and have never been related to Turner Broadcasting which owns Cartoon Network and Boomerang - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_Jar_
Group

and they used to be DiC - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIC_Enterta inment
and then became a subsidiary of DISNEY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walt_Di sney_Company

it's airing on CN but it's not a CN original

:\ I know my networks

The following shows are included in Coded Lilly:
Core Shows

Dexter's Laboratory (Including the movie Ego Trip)
Megas XLR
Generator Rex
Sym-Bionic Titan
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy (Including the movie Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy's Big Picture Show)
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (Includes all movies)
Ben10: Ultimate Alien (and beyond)
The Power Puff Girls (Original series, not %u51FA%u307E%u3057%u305F%u3063!%u30D1%u3 0EF%u30D1%u30D5%u30AC%u30FC%u30EB%u30BAZ ! or the Power Punk Girls comic)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
The Secret Saturdays
Samurai Jack
Courage, The Cowardly Dog
Codename: KIDS NEXT DOOR
The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
Regular Show
Adventure Time
Chowder
Camp Lazlo
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 03:40:00

~_ ~ that mumbo jumbo letter bunch is supposed to be 'that weird Japanese version'

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 03:46:23

At 6/30/11 03:36 AM, PixelCake wrote: No, it's not

http://www.johnnytestanddukey.com/

it's cookiejar entertainment - http://www.thecookiejarcompany.com/

Wow, I have been away from Cartoon Network a long time.
I barely knew anything about Johnny Test, much less that it wasn't a CN original. I guess that explains some of those screen shots I have seen that have different network bugs

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 04:57:44

yup

sometimes they outsource their studios, but the end of the cartoons will still have the Cartoon Network bump

they did buy the rights for Johnny Test and put him in Fusion Fall but I really hate the show so I refuse to play that part of the game :\ and I am keeping the comic purist with the content

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 05:57:34

You have such an amazing style I enjoy it greatly. Keep up the amazing work!

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 21:56:02

At 6/30/11 04:57 AM, PixelCake wrote: yup

sometimes they outsource their studios, but the end of the cartoons will still have the Cartoon Network bump

they did buy the rights for Johnny Test and put him in Fusion Fall but I really hate the show so I refuse to play that part of the game :\ and I am keeping the comic purist with the content

Well, will the RR Boys make an appearance? Also Kinda can't wait to see an older Billy Assuming he lived that long.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 22:09:43

At 6/30/11 03:36 AM, PixelCake wrote: No, it's not
CN mumbo jumbo

You tell 'em.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 23:00:58

MajesticBob -

I get asked about the RRB a lot
I haven't devised an arc for them yet
but they do appear in the backgrounds and they are mentioned a bit ^^

Mabelma -

thank you ^^

Kashi -

I'm a network whore XD

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-06-30 23:05:44

At 6/30/11 11:00 PM, PixelCake wrote: MajesticBob -

I get asked about the RRB a lot
I haven't devised an arc for them yet
but they do appear in the backgrounds and they are mentioned a bit ^^

Mabelma -

thank you ^^

Kashi -

I'm a network whore XD

Now I kinda want to go play fusion fall while waiting for the next page...

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-01 05:13:45

Fusion Fall is down for a few days for maintenance
I am seriously hoping they fix the major bugs like the crashes in Endsville for many mac users
and for people like me who can't get past the loading screen on high-speed internet and a 1 year old computer with 5 gigs of RAM and no other programs open

and it ran fine last year on an old laptop...

I know the senior developer on a personal level and have worked for the game for 10 months as a live beta tester (really it was 10 of us in a Player Advisory Council and have discussed adding and removing certain things when the game was public... brilliant time of my life)

so this game is a bit of a personal thing to me ... I'd like to be able to play again >_ <

I don't know when the next page will be out :D I haven't started it, been working on getting it translated ... so far we have Romanian http://www.codedlillycomic.com/?page_id=

I just realized that the comics measurements are all in metrics, but the hours are still not all read in military time XD

well, some things never change, huh? :D

I'm so used to this stupid empirical system . _.

anyway I am hoping to get my next page out before July 4th
I'm also in need of Spanish translators . _. I didn't know I was going to get Romanian before Spanish xDD

Some characters use Spanish phrases and I want to make sure my slang is right

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-03 01:03:28

they're down anyway o.o
and oh god hail

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-03 04:46:00

this is a newgrounds exclusive sneak peek

MOLS' art thread

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-04 06:18:01

This will be part of Mandy's battle attire . 3.

(OMG you should see her fight Mandark she totally whoops his ass...)

Dia de los muertos inspired, OBVIOUSLY

Well, why not? You're not the Grim Reaper's master for years without tacking on some of the more colorful aspects of death!

oh god so much detail in the dress I will hate myself later

and I need to work on that headpiece . 3.

MOLS' art thread

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-04 13:40:17

At 7/1/11 05:13 AM, PixelCake wrote: I'm also in need of Spanish translators . _. I didn't know I was going to get Romanian before Spanish xDD

Some characters use Spanish phrases and I want to make sure my slang is right

Do you need Spanish translators or people who translate to spanish? Because if so, i'd be glad to help!

I know the question sounds freaking stupid.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-04 14:02:11

people translating from english to spanish :D

Generator Rex uses spanish phrases sometimes

fuck, I am a pathetic puerto rican!

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-04 17:42:36

evil auras are awesome >:3

and yeah she wears a pink dress all the time

this is rather colorful for her :O

but i dont think it's colorful enough for dia de los muertos

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-04 22:13:37

At 7/4/11 05:11 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: That looks VeryFuckingPink. Also I realized that everybody that posted on this page has an evil aura.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

Also Mandy looks awesome.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-05 04:00:53

At 7/4/11 10:13 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 7/4/11 05:11 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: That looks VeryFuckingPink. Also I realized that everybody that posted on this page has an evil aura.
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

Also Mandy looks awesome.

*hisses at the light*

also

MOLS' art thread

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-06 04:34:16

I don't like these . _.

MOLS' art thread

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-07 00:05:32

You have a very unique style. It's like you took every Cartoon network style ever, threw it into a blender and garnished it with anime.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-07 18:16:42

thank you
I had a hard time keeping the old styles of the respective cartoons with my style and a fresh new look that keeps everyone looking consistent o.o

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-08 01:19:13

I didn't find any of my sketches interesting XD

oh, would it be possible to do something like this for my comic? it'd be nicer than having 40 bazilliion thumbnails

http://fav.me/d3bw33g

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-08 13:20:37

Heya Pixelcake/MOLS/Mandie Lescum/Whatever the hell you prefer.

Thought I'd just comment and say that when I first came across the idea that you had for creating a comic set in the Dexter's Laboratory universe, I legitimately thought it was going to be one of the creepiest things you've drawn.

Congratulations on not reaching that point. Although I'm going to maintain forever that you have an incredibly large crush on Mandark.

At 7/8/11 01:19 AM, PixelCake wrote: I didn't find any of my sketches interesting XD

Don't blame you. I think that's just a thing that most artists have; sketches are boring. I've been hit for saying it before, though.

oh, would it be possible to do something like this for my comic? it'd be nicer than having 40 bazilliion thumbnails

That's a great idea. There's probably a few templates you can use to simply copy+paste your arts into, and it'd work out fantastically. I say go for it.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-08 17:13:43

Lintire

what'd you think the comic would be about? 7 year old powerpuff girls constantly upskirting, inappropriate pedophile fanservice and terrible writing?

C'mon now XD!

The only person I have a crush on is Engineer from TF2... and I have no idea why. I just do. *purrs* I think it's the hard-hat :D

I just identify with Mandark a lot more than I do with Dexter...which makes Mandark much more relatable but I get what you mean

I don't know what those page flipper things are called but i'll gladly scrape together some money to get a programmer to help me with it .3 . i suck at flash

Kitten2910

not the style just something that flips the pages!

uuuuuuuugh

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-08 17:32:39

At 7/8/11 05:13 PM, PixelCake wrote: I just identify with Mandark a lot more than I do with Dexter.

You'd make a terrible evil genius.

Response to MOLS' art thread 2011-07-08 19:17:07

At 7/8/11 05:13 PM, PixelCake wrote: I don't know what those page flipper things are called but i'll gladly scrape together some money to get a programmer to help me with it .3 . i suck at flash

I don't like the click n drag feature. The idea is cool, but it sucks to do it on a laptop.
I think you should navigate with the arrow keys, and when you press to go to the next page, there is a page turning animation, instead of clicking and dragging.
Just my two cents.

I was going to post many times in here, but then decided against it. Mostly cause I just wanna say "Great stuff, as always" :P