• 655 Replies
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-30 23:54:23

I'm curious, I don't know too much of ANYTHING about Greasemonkey, but would it be possible to make a script that could totally warp the design of a website?

I mean, could you make a script that could make Newgrounds look like it did in 2005?

I doubt it, but then again, I don't mess with it. I'm just curious if it would be possible. I'm not asking anybody to do it, just wondering.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-30 23:58:43

At 12/30/10 11:54 PM, Narcissy wrote: I'm curious, I don't know too much of ANYTHING about Greasemonkey, but would it be possible to make a script that could totally warp the design of a website?

I mean, could you make a script that could make Newgrounds look like it did in 2005?

I doubt it, but then again, I don't mess with it. I'm just curious if it would be possible. I'm not asking anybody to do it, just wondering.

Uhh... if someone could dig around and find the resources IF they still exist on the Newgrounds server, and that is a big if.

Also, it wouldn't work on site features that did not exist back then but exist now, namely, the Art Portal and Widescreen Flash Submissions...

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 02:46:05

At 12/30/10 11:58 PM, Oldsage10 wrote: Also, it wouldn't work on site features that did not exist back then but exist now, namely, the Art Portal and Widescreen Flash Submissions...

Understandable. But, I suppose someone could make a fake version of the Art Portal. You know, how it would probably look like in 2005, I suppose.

Still, I'm sure it's not too possible.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 05:52:44

Is it possible to make a greasemonkey script where your aura will change to purple, like with P-bot's? I'll include a picture...

It'd be great if I could see my aura as purple. :D

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 09:04:13

At 12/31/10 05:52 AM, Jedi-Master wrote: Is it possible to make a greasemonkey script where your aura will change to purple, like with P-bot's? I'll include a picture...

Thats possible but it would mean copying every level in one aura, say, neutral, then trying to do a color match to make the green spots purple, then uploading those to a server somewhere, then loading them in for the user of the script. So, really the scripting of that would not be hard at all, but the photo manipulation to create all those purple levels would be time consuming.

At 12/31/10 07:49 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
The Art Portal is a problem, but you can make Submittions look like their Pre-2009 by enabling the old type of layout in My Account

This is true but the Classic style layout will not function on any submissions that use the Newgrounds API version 2 & Later. Because those API packages include Medals, Custom Level Editors, etc. If you try running any game with Medals or a Level Editor that uses the API, it will have a box above the Author's Comments for Medals/Save Data, and that triggers a script as the page is loading and automatically switches into widescreen for that submission.

Couldn't you just Disable the Art Portal Link

Yeah but that would be getting rid of a lot of content don't you think? It would also mean scouring every Newgrounds page with a script to convert Art Portal links to dead links. It would be a lot better to find the old site resources somewhere and use JS to create a pseudo-CSS style element on the page, and disable the current Newgrounds elements, resulting in an Art Portal that looks and feels like it might have if it were launched in 2005.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 09:08:58

At 12/31/10 09:04 AM, Oldsage10 wrote:
At 12/31/10 05:52 AM, Jedi-Master wrote: Is it possible to make a greasemonkey script where your aura will change to purple, like with P-bot's? I'll include a picture...

Thats possible but it would mean copying every level in one aura, say, neutral, then trying to do a color match to make the green spots purple, then uploading those to a server somewhere, then loading them in for the user of the script. So, really the scripting of that would not be hard at all, but the photo manipulation to create all those purple levels would be time consuming.

Would you do it for me? The purple aura is quite popular actually. A lot of people would love to see a purple aura on their level icon. But that's OK, if it's too time consuming, I wouldn't want to burden you with that.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 09:16:27

At 12/31/10 09:08 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 12/31/10 09:04 AM, Oldsage10 wrote:

Would you do it for me? The purple aura is quite popular actually. A lot of people would love to see a purple aura on their level icon. But that's OK, if it's too time consuming, I wouldn't want to burden you with that.

Uhh actually it wouldn't be too time consuming, as long as Eddie, who I found from a quick Google search, and who is probably your god right now =P, keeps these on his Photobucket account.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 09:24:09

At 12/31/10 09:16 AM, Oldsage10 wrote:
Uhh actually it wouldn't be too time consuming, as long as Eddie, who I found from a quick Google search, and who is probably your god right now =P, keeps these on his Photobucket account.

Yes he is my god now, but so will you if you make the userscript. :D

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 09:34:46

At 12/31/10 09:24 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 12/31/10 09:16 AM, Oldsage10 wrote:
Yes he is my god now, but so will you if you make the userscript. :D

I'll take a crack at it. Though some icons are named "level" and some "Level"... so I'll have to track that manually... no matter though, I'll get to work on it soon.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 11:16:55

Ok, I made the script:

Newgrounds Bot Level Converter
[Install Here]

Works fine on Chrome, anyone with Firefox issues can PM me.

Preview:

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-12-31 15:16:26

By the way, for anyone who wants to download my new scripts. I decided to take them down off of Userscripts and I'm going to do the same with the old ones I kept on Dumping Grounds.

The new homepage of my scripts is in my/Jaxh's site, ShadeStorm Productions, right now its a Google Site, but it can still host scripts just fine.

Head on over to the Newgrounds Scripts page for all of my scripts stored and updated in one place.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-01 01:09:56

At 12/31/10 03:16 PM, Oldsage10 wrote: By the way, for anyone who wants to download my new scripts. I decided to take them down off of Userscripts and I'm going to do the same with the old ones I kept on Dumping Grounds.

The new homepage of my scripts is in my/Jaxh's site, ShadeStorm Productions, right now its a Google Site, but it can still host scripts just fine.

Head on over to the Newgrounds Scripts page for all of my scripts stored and updated in one place.

THANK YOU GOOD SIR!!! I installed it on Google Chrome, and it works just fine! One question though, how do you install it on Firefox?

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-01 02:28:36

At 1/1/11 01:09 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 12/31/10 03:16 PM, Oldsage10 wrote: By the way, for anyone who wants to download my new scripts. I decided to take them down off of Userscripts and I'm going to do the same with the old ones I kept on Dumping Grounds.

THANK YOU GOOD SIR!!! I installed it on Google Chrome, and it works just fine! One question though, how do you install it on Firefox?

Well, if you're using a Stable Release of Firefox(which would be one of the versions below 4, which is the beta)

All you need is the GreaseMonkey Extension, just be sure to check the compatibility with your version.

Then you just go to the address like last time and GreaseMonkey will take over the installation process. Here is the updated link to download it:

Bot Level Converter - Clicking this will auto-launch the installer

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-01 05:16:05

At 1/1/11 02:28 AM, Oldsage10 wrote:
All you need is the GreaseMonkey Extension, just be sure to check the compatibility with your version.

Then you just go to the address like last time and GreaseMonkey will take over the installation process. Here is the updated link to download it:

Bot Level Converter - Clicking this will auto-launch the installer

Thank you again man! It works great on Firefox! I think I love you now! :3

BBS Signature
SeeD419
SeeD419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 05:35:18

Error, the following scripts were not installed because they are not compatible with Minefield.

Come on Mozilla...

Minecraft server: proxa.co
PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download
Sig by illicit

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 08:41:02

At 1/2/11 05:35 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Error, the following scripts were not installed because they are not compatible with Minefield.

Come on Mozilla...

Isn't Minefield just a theme? Also what GreaseMonkey version/Firefox version are you using?

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 08:43:41

At 1/2/11 08:41 AM, Oldsage10 wrote:
At 1/2/11 05:35 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Error, the following scripts were not installed because they are not compatible with Minefield.

Come on Mozilla...
Isn't Minefield just a theme? Also what GreaseMonkey version/Firefox version are you using?

Minefield is the pre-release version of Firefox. In other words, it's a beta and not the final release. The fact someone is complaining that something doesn't work when using a beta browser is beggars belief.

#coys

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 09:13:21

Who's hosting the online indicator script now? Criticsquid abandoned it.

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 09:28:54

At 1/2/11 09:13 AM, Wolfos wrote: Who's hosting the online indicator script now? Criticsquid abandoned it.

I'll host it if someone gives me the source.

#coys

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 09:32:15

At 1/2/11 09:13 AM, Wolfos wrote: Who's hosting the online indicator script now? Criticsquid abandoned it.

There are actually two now...

Mine, which does the same thing as the original by adding "Online" or "Offline" in the box with the user's level icon; but mine also adds a little red or green dot, simply aesthetic, to the top of the post next to where the person's username is. [Install Mine]

Then theres the one Knugen made that shows the status up on top of a post next to the "Profile-Posts-Contact" buttons. [Install Knugen's]

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 09:37:22

By the way I forgot to mention...

Both my script and Knugen's script use an XMLHTTPRequest to access the main BBS page (http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs) and pull the list of users from the "User Base" box at the bottom of the page. Therefore, neither script needs access to an independent server, however, for features like citricsquid's where it indicates the last time someone posted, using a server would be ideal.

Still though, it could be done without a server, just not very cleanly...

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 12:42:18

Inline poster isn't working right.

I just get some kind of warning saying "You didn't come from Newgrounds.com did you?" or something like that.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-02 14:34:03

At 1/2/11 12:42 PM, Zecampeao wrote: Inline poster isn't working right.

I just get some kind of warning saying "You didn't come from Newgrounds.com did you?" or something like that.

This is a known issue in Chrome because it forbids cross-origin movement of data... So if you have Chrome, the inline poster isn't going to work

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-03 15:41:55

New script!

Saint Level Converter, similar to the Bot Level script I made...

This script changes your aura to "Saint" a very cool aura developed by Alfie! If you like the icons, its all thanks to Alfie, he took a lot of time to make them all!

Preview:

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-03 15:51:09

At 1/2/11 02:34 PM, Oldsage10 wrote:
At 1/2/11 12:42 PM, Zecampeao wrote: Inline poster isn't working right.

This is a known issue in Chrome because it forbids cross-origin movement of data... So if you have Chrome, the inline poster isn't going to work

Dammit.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Noodle
Noodle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-03 20:14:50

Can I put in a suggestion for a script?
I have no idea how complex these things are, so don't anyone kill yourself trying this.

Sometimes when I get linked to a submission, all I see is the grey screen with a play button. I find myself wishing that I could see the icon in the new viewing layout.
In the old one you had to click the icon in order to open the pop-up, and the icon was a little judge for me of what I could expect from the movie.

I attached a really generic sample that I spent half a minute on in paint as a quick example.

If nobody has done anything like this already, and someone wants to give something similar a shot, I'd be very grateful. Thanks

GAH!

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-03 20:51:14

Is there an auto-sad face script? I know Jolly posted a few on some page but I was just wondering.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-03 21:03:51

At 1/3/11 08:14 PM, Goat-Man wrote: Sometimes when I get linked to a submission, all I see is the grey screen with a play button. I find myself wishing that I could see the icon in the new viewing layout.
In the old one you had to click the icon in order to open the pop-up, and the icon was a little judge for me of what I could expect from the movie.

This is something I would very much like to see. I miss seeing icons on the flash page.

BBS Signature
JGL096
JGL096
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-05 12:29:03

The NG BBS never stay so much colorful.

Newgrounds Forever! / Comment my userpage, bitch! / Add me as fan :3

BBS Signature
TheBoyOfAges
TheBoyOfAges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2011-01-05 12:41:07

Ok there are a some links that have been (500 server error'ed).Can anyone makes a new list of working scripts.

Also how do I install scripts that people put in their dump files and ones not found on the GS site?

BBS Signature