• 655 Replies
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 5th, 2011 @ 01:01 PM

At 1/3/11 08:51 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: Is there an auto-sad face script? I know Jolly posted a few on some page but I was just wondering.

Oh, I checked a while back and it turns out the script was taken down.

Does someone else want to make the auto-emote scripts by singular or by a selector? I would really appreciate it and it could be quite handy for those who like using just one emote-face-thing.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 5th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM

At 1/5/11 12:29 PM, JoaoGabriel wrote: The NG BBS never stay so much colorful.

We need something to color usernames in threads and such.

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 5th, 2011 @ 06:14 PM

and it does not work for me

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 5th, 2011 @ 10:00 PM

At 1/3/11 08:51 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: Is there an auto-sad face script? I know Jolly posted a few on some page but I was just wondering.

I didn't make a sad face one, originally, but here.

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 5th, 2011 @ 11:17 PM

At 1/5/11 10:00 PM, Jolly wrote:

Whoops! There was a server error!

The error has been logged to the database; you can complain in the site forum or email the admins.

Sorry, the monkey that normally runs this site is busy playing with a cat.

Is that only happening to me?

­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 6th, 2011 @ 12:14 AM

At 1/5/11 11:17 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote:
At 1/5/11 10:00 PM, Jolly wrote:
Whoops! There was a server error!

The error has been logged to the database; you can complain in the site forum or email the admins.

Sorry, the monkey that normally runs this site is busy playing with a cat.

Is that only happening to me?

Try again, it should work now. The site apparently goes down fairly often, even though I've never personally seen it down..

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 6th, 2011 @ 12:25 AM

At 1/6/11 12:14 AM, Jolly wrote: Try again, it should work now. The site apparently goes down fairly often, even though I've never personally seen it down..

Still doesn't work. Is there a way you could link straight to the install from here?

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 6th, 2011 @ 12:35 AM

At 1/6/11 12:25 AM, ChrisLovejoy wrote:
At 1/6/11 12:14 AM, Jolly wrote: Try again, it should work now. The site apparently goes down fairly often, even though I've never personally seen it down..
Still doesn't work. Is there a way you could link straight to the install from here?

I could copy and paste the source code here, so you would have to manually add it to greasemonkey.

Hopefully NG doesn't break the code.

// ==UserScript==
// @name NG Auto-emote 17
// @namespace http://www.newgrounds.com/
// @description Changes your topic and post icon to always use the smiley with id w/e(default: 17).
// @include http://www.newgrounds.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

var sid = 17; //default 17 for the 17 face. Change this number to which smiley you want.

function MakeSmileySelection ( id )
{
var hidden_icon_element = document.getElementById("icon");

// First see if there's an old one to deactivate
var old_id = hidden_icon_element.value;
if(old_id != "")
{
document.getElementById("smiley" + old_id).className = "smiley_off";
}

// Now activate the new one
document.getElementById("smiley" + id).className = "smiley_on";
hidden_icon_element.value = id;
}

MakeSmileySelection(sid);

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 6th, 2011 @ 02:17 AM

Okay, I have a script request. This is mainly directed towards OldSage, but if somebody else can do it, go for it.

I want a script that changes every level to the Christmas levels. OldSage made the Saint Aura script, so it shouldn't VERY hard to edit it so that it does the Christmas levels instead.

Here's a link to every single Christmas level.
http://ngarchive.aksumka.com/bbs/index.p hp?topic=1505.0

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 6th, 2011 @ 06:10 AM

Hmm ... I wonder, I seen Greasemonkey rework the search engine for the Flash Portal, but is it possible to make a search engine for users? Let's say you remember part of a user's name, but not the whole thing - it could be rather useful.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 6th, 2011 @ 10:44 PM

At 1/6/11 02:17 AM, Jolly wrote:
I want a script that changes every level to the Christmas levels. OldSage made the Saint Aura script, so it shouldn't VERY hard to edit it so that it does the Christmas levels instead.

Here's a link to every single Christmas level.
http://ngarchive.aksumka.com/bbs/index.p hp?topic=1505.0

Yeah, I'll give it a quick go when I get some spare time.

razorbladesigh
razorbladesigh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 7th, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

Could someone create/update the theme choosing script? The add-on doesn't work for Forefox newer than like 3.2, and the script doesn't work. I liked the blue winter.

|1.|2.|3.|

BBS Signature
StalkerGuy
StalkerGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 7th, 2011 @ 01:58 PM

I am now an Icon Mod so you can edit your mod scripts now

fu

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 09:44 AM

At 1/7/11 01:58 PM, StalkerGuy wrote: I am now an Icon Mod so you can edit your mod scripts now

I stopped using the Icon Mod Gold aura script months ago, so I stopped caring about updating it.
I'll update it later today, Userscript's website is down at the moment.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 03:24 PM

At 1/7/11 01:58 PM, StalkerGuy wrote: I am now an Icon Mod so you can edit your mod scripts now

Yeah... uhh... what Jolly said...

I purposely held my tongue when I saw this comment... But sorry StalkerGuy, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you getting Icon Mod status doesn't immediately mean that anyone who made a mod script has to go update it now. Most Icon Mods have some sort of "I'm an icon mod, PM me for icon help" or similar style message in their signature.

Now then, I don't think you intended to flaunt your new status around, though the way your message is written, I might be giving the BOTD...

Anyway, the point of this post is basically... Gratz on becoming an Icon Mod, but us editing our scripts to include you is not a matter of life or death, so if you want people to know that you're an Icon Mod, I suggest putting something in your sig that says so.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 04:34 PM

At 1/6/11 02:17 AM, Jolly wrote: Okay, I have a script request. This is mainly directed towards OldSage, but if somebody else can do it, go for it.
I want a script that changes every level to the Christmas levels.

Ok, I finished it, let me know if theres any bugs in it :)

[Install Now] Tested on Chrome v. 8.0.552.231.

It works on userpages and BBS posts, it will change everyone's aura to the winter theme and their aura's name to "Frost". Also works on all users, including staff.

Preview:

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 11:48 PM

At 1/9/11 04:34 PM, Oldsage10 wrote:
At 1/6/11 02:17 AM, Jolly wrote: Okay, I have a script request. This is mainly directed towards OldSage, but if somebody else can do it, go for it.
I want a script that changes every level to the Christmas levels.
Ok, I finished it, let me know if theres any bugs in it :)

[Install Now] Tested on Chrome v. 8.0.552.231.

It works on userpages and BBS posts, it will change everyone's aura to the winter theme and their aura's name to "Frost". Also works on all users, including staff.

Preview:

Thanks for making the script, man. I uploaded it on Userscripts to make it easier for everybody else. I also made my own version of the script that removes the "FROST" and replaces it with the actual aura. Here it is.

Okay, this is the LAST time I've ever going to update this script. I don't even use the scripts, and they're really stupid, in my opinion. Anybody who wants to keep them up to date, go for it.

Icon Mod Gold Aura
Icon Mod Display

It may not have all of the new icon mods, but I don't keep track of who is made one anymore. I believe, since the last time i've updated it, Gory, Armour, iBliss, and StalkerGuy have been made icon mods.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 12:15 AM

At 1/9/11 11:48 PM, Jolly wrote: I believe, since the last time i've updated it, Gory, Armour, iBliss, and StalkerGuy have been made icon mods.

Gory isn't really an icon mod.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 10th, 2011 @ 12:20 AM

At 1/10/11 12:15 AM, EJR wrote:
At 1/9/11 11:48 PM, Jolly wrote: I believe, since the last time i've updated it, Gory, Armour, iBliss, and StalkerGuy have been made icon mods.
Gory isn't really an icon mod.

Oh, I didn't bother reading the whole thread or checking the FAQ page.

Okay, this is the LAST time I ever update it.

Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 12th, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

You guys are amazing, could I request a newgrounds theme that goes with the evil aura?

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 12th, 2011 @ 01:15 PM

At 1/12/11 10:45 AM, adamflecko wrote: You guys are amazing, could I request a newgrounds theme that goes with the evil aura?

I'll see what magic, if any, I can work...

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 13th, 2011 @ 05:01 AM

At 1/12/11 01:15 PM, Oldsage10 wrote:
At 1/12/11 10:45 AM, adamflecko wrote: You guys are amazing, could I request a newgrounds theme that goes with the evil aura?

You need someone to help with the graphics, I'm decent with Photoshop. I can try to help you out. Just tell me what you want.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 13th, 2011 @ 08:11 AM

At 1/13/11 05:01 AM, Narcissy wrote:
At 1/12/11 01:15 PM, Oldsage10 wrote:
You need someone to help with the graphics, I'm decent with Photoshop. I can try to help you out. Just tell me what you want.

I don't think he would need any help. The request takes very basic photoshop skills, in my opinion. It's basically just adjusting the hue/saturation to make it red, doing the exact same thing for every single image.

I kind of made the nav bar.. Not really a good example though, because I used Photoshop elements (Just now figured out the trial version came on my computer) and I don't know how to adjust the hue/saturation to make it look better.

I also didn't spend much time on it removing the spots that looked bad, such as the color over the text.. It may be a bit time consuming, making it to perfection, that is.. but I think it would look bad if multiple people worked on it, because it would probably end up having a lot of different variations of red.

Whatever though, that's just my opinion. Anyways, the example I mentioned above is below.

Also, out of pure boredem, I made what is probably the most pointless script ever. It automatically changes your emote to the first one.. which it already does. Link if you want to download it, for some reason.

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 13th, 2011 @ 08:15 AM

At 1/13/11 08:11 AM, Jolly wrote: Anyways, the example I mentioned above is below.

Well, that image came out terribly. I should have probably made it a jpg. Here's a higher quality version. It doesn't look that great either, but it's better. It's not like it's actually going to be used anyways (please don't use it) so quality doesn't matter THAT much.

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 13th, 2011 @ 08:26 AM

I agree with you. Yes, it only needs basic skill, but like you said, it's very time consuming. Especially considering how many buttons Fabgrounds replaced.

I'm just offering.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 13th, 2011 @ 06:05 PM

Yeah... what I was getting at when I said I would "see what magic I could work" is basically... I would see if I find enough free time on my hands to crack down and actually edit all of the resources that are used... and that is a lot of editing to do... especially because red is such are harsh hue, sometimes simple hue/sat/light shifts on less harsh warm colors like yellow/gold result in this nasty red that hurts the eyes, and highlights turn pinkish...

So whenever I get some time I'll sit down and see if I can give it a go... I did play with it a little yesterday and found out that the textboxes in particular are an element that make that "nasty red/pink" color I described before... Also, the glows on the side of the page that are cast from the NG logo are hard to shift along with the grays, because colorizing the grays makes the glow kinda disappear. But still, its an idea to chew through and try out.

I'm going to be so XD if I typed this all with no typos considering it was typed on my phone with autocorrect off...

Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 14th, 2011 @ 05:52 AM

At 1/13/11 08:26 AM, Narcissy wrote: I agree with you. Yes, it only needs basic skill, but like you said, it's very time consuming.

I just think it would look bad if multiple people worked on it unless you worked together to make the buttons the EXACT same color.

Especially considering how many buttons Fabgrounds replaced.

FabGrounds?

At 1/13/11 06:05 PM, Oldsage10 wrote: especially because red is such are harsh hue, sometimes simple hue/sat/light shifts on less harsh warm colors like yellow/gold result in this nasty red that hurts the eyes, and highlights turn pinkish...

I agree. Honestly, my navbar looks terrible. Despite the fact I didn't put very much effort into it, it would probably still be fairly difficult.

I'm going to be so XD if I typed this all with no typos considering it was typed on my phone with autocorrect off...

I'm not going to analyze every word to see if you did.. But I don't think you made any typos.

At 1/13/11 06:08 PM, adamflecko wrote: Thanks Oldsage, Narcissy, and Jolly.

I don't know what I did, but you're welcome.

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 14th, 2011 @ 06:01 AM

At 1/14/11 05:52 AM, Jolly wrote: I just think it would look bad if multiple people worked on it unless you worked together to make the buttons the EXACT same color.

Well, one person can just do it the graphics, is where I was getting at.

FabGrounds?

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7329 8

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Jan. 14th, 2011 @ 06:05 AM

At 1/14/11 06:01 AM, Narcissy wrote: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7329 8

That looks terrible, in my opinion. The colors look way to.. Purple. Honestly, there's barely any pink there..

Anyways, I have a question. Was there going to be a script that changed the current navbar to the pre-07 redesign navbar? If there is, and it's done, could I have a link please?

If there's not one, could somebody make it?