00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

73,745 Views | 475 Replies

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 17:23:45

Sorry guys, I messed up.

If anybody has downloaded the Quote 'n' Reply, please uninstall it and redownload here.

I had put a piece of code in there to ensure that the resources it needed were fully loaded, but when I tested the script with another new script, I found that they clash with each other.

The newest version of the script has been fixed, this will prevent problems like this in the future.

Sorry
- Xaotik

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 17:28:34

At 4 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: - Xaotik

Great job man, that's one of the things I was starting to miss.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 17:33:26

At 7 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Sorry guys, I messed up.

If anybody has downloaded the Quote 'n' Reply, please uninstall it and redownload here.

Great that you fixed it so qickly. And thanks for making this script, I missed that option and I am glad that it is brought back so quickly via userscript.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 18:04:37

At 12 hours ago, ZombieMonkey wrote: Thank you so much! This was basically one of the only things that bugged me about the redesign. Now if you guys could make a script that removes the avatars and just makes us see the level icons, then this site will be perfect!

oh my god yes I'm so sick of seeing stupid internet memes as people's avatars

lolollolololololll my little pony as my avatar on newgrounds im so fucking cool

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 18:35:18

OK guys, next up at the plate.

Name: Quick BBS
Description: Puts a button on your quick-links bar to show all your BBS posts (see pic).
Tested With: FireFox 10.0, Chrome 16.0.9

[Install]

Pic:

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 18:37:54

At 49 seconds ago, Xaotik wrote: OK guys, next up at the plate.

If they added a tears of joy emoticon I'd use it.

THANK YOU.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 18:42:55

At 1 minute ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 49 seconds ago, Xaotik wrote: OK guys, next up at the plate.
If they added a tears of joy emoticon I'd use it.

THANK YOU

Glad you enjoy it.

I took a peek at the HTML used for the new Flash/Audio viewers and I think it's gonna be a pretty easy job to rebuild my old Inline Submission Viewer :3

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 19:04:42

Xaotik, you're such a big help, thank you so much for the quick-reply for BBS, and for updating it so quickly.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 20:50:36

At 40 minutes ago, EJR wrote: Request: Link button on news post comments

Comments on News Posts don't render as HTML though. In fact, it even asks you not to use HTML.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 21:02:25

At 3 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: Sorry
- Xaotik

So how do I use this new script? I downloaded it but it's my first time ever using grease monkey. Ever. I wouldn't even begin to know how to install and use it.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 21:08:55

At 3 minutes ago, sweet21 wrote:
At 3 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: Sorry
- Xaotik
So how do I use this new script? I downloaded it but it's my first time ever using grease monkey. Ever. I wouldn't even begin to know how to install and use it.

Hmmm.....Right now this script is hanging out in my "downloads" folder but I can't find a way for grease monkey to use it. Why didn't you just upload it to "userscripts.org"? Oh well, somebody just tell me how I can put this script in action, im tired of having to delete text!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 21:23:27

At 8 minutes ago, sweet21 wrote: Hmmm.....Right now this script is hanging out in my "downloads" folder but I can't find a way for grease monkey to use it. Why didn't you just upload it to "userscripts.org"? Oh well, somebody just tell me how I can put this script in action, im tired of having to delete text!

Once you download it and try to open it, it should work. However, you'll need the add-on linked to in the first post of this thread if you have Firefox. If you have Chrome, it'll work without needing add-ons. If you have Internet Explorer, then quickly install a different browser. If you have any other browser not mentioned, then I'm afraid I don't know how to help there.

Once you've installed the script and hit F5, the script should start working perfectly.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 21:38:47

At 10 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote: Once you download it and try to open it, it should work. However, you'll need the add-on linked to in the first post of this thread if you have Firefox. If you have Chrome, it'll work without needing add-ons. If you have Internet Explorer, then quickly install a different browser. If you have any other browser not mentioned, then I'm afraid I don't know how to help there.

Once you've installed the script and hit F5, the script should start working perfectly.

I have grease-monkey installed, using firefox. I double clicked the file "xao-quote-and-reply.user" and attempted to open it, but it tells me the document is undefined. Guess i'll have to wait for Tom to fix this problem himself :(
Damn it people, start complaining about this more! It's the only way tom will listen!
In the meantime in a last ditch effort I will delete the file and download it again.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 21:42:05

Failure!
You lose.
Continue? *starts countdown*
*refuses to insert quarter*

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-08 22:10:06

At 25 minutes ago, sweet21 wrote: Failure!
You lose.
Continue? *starts countdown*
*refuses to insert quarter*

If your Greasemonkey Addon is configured properly, you should get a popup asking you to install as soon as you click the link. If it downloads into your folders, then somethings wrong.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-09 01:17:02

At 3 hours ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
Once you download it and try to open it, it should work. However, you'll need the add-on linked to in the first post of this thread if you have Firefox. If you have Chrome, it'll work without needing add-ons. If you have Internet Explorer, then quickly install a different browser. If you have any other browser not mentioned, then I'm afraid I don't know how to help there.

ah, no wonder it wasnt working for me, i didnt install the greasemonkey add on, i had to do that first! Thanks for that, i dont think i wouldve found out otherwise

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-09 11:19:04

Xaotic, I'm not sure if it's a thing you can do, but I don't see why not.

Can you make a script so that when you use the up/down arrows, Pg Up/Pg Dn or the space bar, it aligns with posts? eg. you press the down arrow, and it shows the next post in the thread? Using Pg Dn and the space bar would show the next load of comments you can't see.

They already work to do that, to some degree, but I figure it'd be helpful. Smooth Scrolling implementation in that would be nice too.

It's just a thought really, I'm not sure how well it would work in practice, but it seems like a cool concept.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-09 17:50:15

Can someone make a script that makes the forum background grey again. I imagine it would make posts readable again.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-11 19:08:57

Just a quick update to keep the conversation alive.

I've been working a bit on the new Inline Flash Viewer. I have the graphics to work, it just seems to have a bit of trouble loading the actual submission. Will continue working on this.

- Xaotik

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-11 19:14:43

At 2 days ago, Xaotik wrote: If your Greasemonkey Addon is configured properly, you should get a popup asking you to install as soon as you click the link. If it downloads into your folders, then somethings wrong.

Greasemonkey wasn't enabled. It's always the simple overlooked things.....well it's working now!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-11 19:40:28

At 2 days ago, SBB wrote: Can someone make a script that makes the forum background grey again. I imagine it would make posts readable again.

Adblock, custom filter, this motherfucker:
http://cssimg.ngfiles.com/bg-skins/gold1-outer.jpg

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-11 23:58:15

Newgrounds Stretch
Adds the stretch button back in and color codes it so you know when the author thinks the original size is better.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-12 13:22:53

I updated Newgrounds Stretch to make it more cross-browser compatible. Works in Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. It has the potential to work in IE and Safari though I haven't tested it(and can't for Safari). Use the link above for the latest version.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-12 22:36:23

Another little update guys.

Worked on a script for a few hours today (had to build custom resources for it). But I'm seeing great success with it.

Probably release by Tuesday at the latest, might put a beta up at midnight.

- Xaotik

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-12 22:45:46

This thread is just utterly beautiful. I'll be sure to keep watch on it.

"EXTERMINATE!" -Daleks, Doctor who

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-14 17:24:55

Newgrounds Start Collapsed
Automatically collapses submissions on page load. This is especially good for multiple tabs with under judgement submissions or lining up a playlist of audio submissions. Works in Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-14 23:56:25

At 6 hours ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Newgrounds Start Collapsed
Automatically collapses submissions on page load. This is especially good for multiple tabs with under judgement submissions or lining up a playlist of audio submissions. Works in Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.

Really helpful, thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-16 21:03:20

New Script!

Name: Event Feed +
Description: Adds a little indicator with the number of notifications for your account to the notifications button.

Verified for: Firefox 10.0+, Chrome 17.0+
Download & Install

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-16 21:37:56

At 18 minutes ago, EJR wrote:
Nice idea, but is the number supposed to go away once you open it because it isnt for me. Chrome 17

Sorry about that. Slight nuance in the script. It has to do with permissions for accessing cookies... I'm working on a fix at the moment but as of right now, it will clear on its own when NG's system no longer classifies it as "new" news.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-16 21:45:07

At 8 days ago, EJR wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Xaotik wrote:
At 40 minutes ago, EJR wrote: Request: Link button on news post comments
Comments on News Posts don't render as HTML though. In fact, it even asks you not to use HTML.
Dang...

Do you mean to link to a specific comment, like they have above every post, or do you mean a button to put links in comments?