00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

COW #83 Voting

1,031 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 17:19:03

zzzz
zzzz
zzzzohchristCOW83VOTINGTHREAD!!!

Vote for the pic you'd most like to win!
One vote per user!
And offer crit if you can!

===T'ENTRANTS===

Kamikaye {ART PORTAL}
The Florock

The floating rock frog can float in a river for decades without eating, but when the hunger comes the adventurers are advised to run.

M-Vero {ART PORTAL}
The Sweeping Willow
A strictly carnivorous plant-like creature.
Using its perfect disguise as a weeping willow tree, it waits for its prey to bask in its shade, using its numerous branchlike, leaf covered arms to ensnare and than swallow its meal.
Being quite the stagnant creature, it can go long periods of time without food; harnessing water and nutrients from the ground.

ashman112
thistle thrush

Uses its leaf like feathers as camouflage, also uses its plant like tail as to attract insect prey and as added camouflage from predators.

Boss
Brown Noser

RatsInTheWall {ART PORTAL}
When in the jungle, watch out for crabs.

Jobertson {ART PORTAL}
[no description]

Kinsei01
Kekohotae
This little creature was first discovered in the rainforest of South America. At first it was thought to be just wind rustling the bushes, and then it was thought it was a large spider monkey, but after dedicated research and observation it was decided it to be a new creature entirely and was thus dubbed; Kekohotae.

Kekohotae is about the size of a midsize god but lacks much in the way of strength and speed. Although this weak and slow creature looks like a easy target and prey, it possesses vast intelligence for a wild animal. Over the years many animals have been known to use simple tools and rudimentary camouflage but the Kekohotae seem to be on a completely different level by actually constructing a very crude gully suit.

They use basic threads from various plants and vines flattened for form straps and primitive needles from cactus, small twigs bone and whatever they can find. The Kekohotae typically use leaves as their main material for these suits. Although they go through this vigorous creation process, they tend to have one outstanding marker: a yellow cape. Even the Kekohotae in captivity find ways to make some sort of camouflage out of their surroundings and somehow create their own yellow cape.

===COW #82 WINNERS===
In third place, with 2 votes, its special agent Kinsei-Oh-One!
In joint first place, with 3 votes each, but completely different styles, it's the wonderfulDooDooMeaT and the awesome Kamikaye!!!

COW #83 Voting

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 17:21:35

RatsInTheWall, definitely. The crab tree is just awesome.

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 17:27:27

Jobertson. I love the idea of little gel-like creatures imitating drops of water.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 17:45:44

My vote goes to Jobertson:

Great idea, excellent execution, super-cute expressions! =3

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 17:50:16

I vote RatsInTheWall.

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 18:34:36

Jobertston this week. I likey.

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 22:04:27

I like Jobertson's a lot, but the Neon leaf feathers on Ashy's are for the win,

Voting for Ashman112

so I heard you liek Ashman112s.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-23 22:18:47

RatsInTheWall

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-24 05:32:46

As much as I'd like to vote for myself, I already know I'm awesome and honesty demands that I confess that Jobertson's drippy water-critters is a pretty darn clever thing. So my vote goes in his direction and his outside the box madness.
-Jared
"who isn't actually awesome at all"

Who doesn't have a website these days? (Head Injury Theater)

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-24 06:26:29

Jobertson all the way

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-24 11:13:27

wow...
My vote goes to RatsInTheWall.
very impressive painting ;)

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-24 11:34:16

At 2/24/10 11:15 AM, PrinceFlea wrote: I can't change my vote can I?

You may.

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-24 12:24:19

RatsInTheWall

Has real character.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-27 19:23:23

At 2/23/10 05:19 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: ===T'ENTRANTS===
Kamikaye

Think as a pic, works really well! Camouflaged in with the background! But I don't like the texture brushes you've used - makes the creature look flat, and its the wrong scale for soil.

M-Vero

Darker leaves on top of lighter leaves? :(

ashman112

Awesome greens on the bird! And you've got light shining through the branches, too. Its neck must be pretty twisted, tho.

Boss

I like the dinky hands, and the leafy frills! The shape of the head isn't registering for me, though, and the shading could be improved, even though it makes the image pop.

RatsInTheWall

I prefer crab pictures with huge fuck-off claws, and its left claw could look more like a mechanism, rather than some pincers attached to a stick.
... that's about as far as my critiquing can go on this! The style makes it look sharp and nast-ay! The darker areas around the bark and evil eye particularly adding to the wickedness, and a great choice in paints.

Jobertson

Wel coloured, and the white glow around the creature looks great! Only gripe is the veins of the leaf ... don't look like veins on a leaf! But that's insignificant.

Kinsei01

Cool concept about the creature disguising itself, rather than being naturally invisible. I think the drawing of your tree is a great start, too. I don't think the yellow cape adds to the image, and for camouflage: "hey mum, look at that monkey in the yellow cape up that tree" Ie. I think the concept would be better w/o the cape. I know you haven't had time to shade, but I also think the original sketch looks 2D.

I vote for RatsInTheWall, since ... I'm a sucker for bark covered, water coloured crabs!

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-28 00:05:22

I gotta say that RatsInTheWall should win. It's just that the crab tree caught my attention but what do you get if you win though?

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-28 06:16:17

At 2/28/10 12:05 AM, Joshsouza wrote: I gotta say that RatsInTheWall should win. It's just that the crab tree caught my attention but what do you get if you win though?

you get to pat yourself on your back for a job well done.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-28 08:10:35

At 2/27/10 07:23 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Kinsei01
Cool concept about the creature disguising itself, rather than being naturally invisible. I think the drawing of your tree is a great start, too. I don't think the yellow cape adds to the image, and for camouflage: "hey mum, look at that monkey in the yellow cape up that tree" Ie. I think the concept would be better w/o the cape. I know you haven't had time to shade, but I also think the original sketch looks 2D.

the yellow cape was just for kicks... a last minuet add in more or less.

As for the lack of shading on the original, I actually have to chalk that one up to my newly formed bad habit. Since I started majorly started inking and coloring digitally, I have been focusing less and less on actual shading on the original sketches. Very bad habit, I know. I tend to only shade things that I have no intentions of coloring....

unless Gumby needs a color fix and I have to ink something real quick to quell the beast...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-02-28 13:32:15

what i havent voted yet, thats unacceptable
i vote ratsinthewalls it has that style you dont see in many pictures

Response to COW #83 Voting 2010-03-01 01:08:37

It's probably gonna be RatsInTheWall and Jobertson that will win bevause it seems that EVERYONE is voting for them

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!