00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Viva la revolution!

29,533 Views | 417 Replies

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-09 16:19:34

At 12/3/10 08:30 AM, Coop wrote:
At 11/30/10 03:30 PM, Tetros wrote:
Back for more, eh? We all knew your "quitting" was just a ruse!
I never quit. Coop83 quit.

Good, that guy was a douche.

At 11/30/10 03:55 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
Such noble a cause for which we fight!
Indeed it is. Enlightenment is a lofty goal and we will achieve it, with the reduction of shitty threads by a third over the calendar year 2011. I have faith that my colleagues and I can accomplish this, while helping the people of General to talk about much better things than 4chan, photoshopping various images and memes.

Doesn't talking about an internet forum on another internet forum sort of create a wormhole in the space continuum? *Toggle Twilight Zone music*

At 11/30/10 03:24 PM, Coop wrote:
At 11/25/10 05:13 PM, gfoxcook wrote: No no no. I've tasted his cake, and it is juicy and sweet. Mmmmmmmm. Coop's Cake. Hawt.
And if you thought that was tasty, I've just whipped up a nice creamy tart.
HMMM spare me a piece please :) I love English delicacies
I bet that you do love a nice creamy, sticky tart every now and again.

*GULP*

Just don't get any in my eye damn it.

At 12/3/10 12:12 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/30/10 03:55 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 10/22/10 06:13 PM, Bahamut wrote: Since then, reverend joined the BBS mod side. I believe this forum is doomed no matter what.
You should add in Auz as well, although I have not seen him much in General, for all the little time I spend here.
I didn't include him since he joined the ranks in July, not after me.

I had military training all summer damn it, don't blame me! I came back and all of youz were moddedz. 1337s

At 11/30/10 03:30 PM, Tetros wrote: Back for more, eh? We all knew your "quitting" was just a ruse!
Coop, Coop83, same thing.

OOPS maybe I shouldn't have said he was a douche. HOHO

At 12/5/10 09:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/3/10 03:28 PM, reverend wrote: He got promoted to full Coop status; Coop first grade.
If it's a promotion, then why does his new name look so damned naked without its numbers?

Obviously because now we aren't constantly reminded he's an old fart therefore ugly.

Naked Coop = GOOD

At 12/8/10 09:06 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/3/10 12:12 PM, Bahamut wrote: Coop, Coop83, same thing.
He got promoted to full Coop status; Coop first grade.
I am now a Coop 1st Dan.

That only means more power wielding the mighty banhammer.

At 11/25/10 05:13 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
Mmmmm... I do love a good tart.
Don't we all - it's the after effects that we don't like. Cleaning up the cream is so time consuming and hardly enjoyable.

So is a cream filled kiddie pool naked wrestling tournament out of the question?

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-09 17:58:37

At 11/25/10 06:42 PM, Space-Whale wrote: You said there'd be a revolution, do it already. My popcorn is getting cold.

It's a "gradual revolution" - and apologies for the oxymoron. Why have an actual revolution when we could instead make extremely public threads detailing the greatness of Wi/Ht and never taking any further action?

And yes, I know I'm a failure of a Wi/Ht'er for not mass-quoting, but I'm also a very lazy Wi/Ht'er. :3

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-09 18:54:36

At 11/25/10 06:42 PM, Space-Whale wrote: You said there'd be a revolution, do it already. My popcorn is getting cold.

Wi/Ht? To-Do List

Number 81 - Make general user's popcorn cold.
Number 82 - Make an indirect comment on the blindness of a general user.

Looks like we can cross off two more from the list everyone! Keep up the work and keep up the moral.

My God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything, we'll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-21 11:26:19

At 12/9/10 06:57 PM, gingermagicman wrote: DON'T YOU SEE?! If you take over general from the general regulars, you will BECOME the general regulars! Do you really want that?

No we won't. We'll just be watching all of you from such a height that you'll think God is following you.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-21 11:36:25

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

At 12/21/10 11:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: old rules no logner apply: here are the new rules:

I would like to add bold titles to the new rules

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-21 11:44:37

Time to get cookin'.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-21 11:58:17

Down with +1 Tyrants

Long live accurate and self-explanatory bold titles!

And don't forget proper CAPS.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-21 12:05:29

At 12/5/10 09:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote: If it's a promotion, then why does his new name look so damned naked without its numbers?

It's kind of like going from Major General to Lieutenant General to just plain General.

At 12/8/10 09:06 AM, Coop wrote: Exactly. It's revolutionary, not revolutionist ;)

We've made steps and a sturdy foundation has now been laid for this to progress.

Yes. Things have gone well and next years plans looks to be on track.

At 12/9/10 06:57 PM, gingermagicman wrote: DON'T YOU SEE?! If you take over general from the general regulars, you will BECOME the general regulars! Do you really want that?

Or make better General regulars and have better quality conversations; that is the whole point of this revolution.

At 12/21/10 11:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: Show them how much more enlightened we are, without being elitist pricks.

Can't get more elitist than this.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-21 14:29:46

At 12/9/10 04:19 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

Why do I get the feeling you'll regret that at some point....

At 12/9/10 06:54 PM, Fro wrote: Wi/Ht? To-Do List

Number 81 - Make general user's popcorn cold.
Number 82 - Make an indirect comment on the blindness of a general user.

Looks like we can cross off two more from the list everyone! Keep up the work and keep up the morale.

Nice work - we need to keep this moving forward.

Perfectly plausible. This is politics and we always fight to become something that someone is doing a bad job at, therefore we shall get in and do a better job!

At 12/21/10 11:24 AM, Chronamut wrote: I am revolting agsint this thread and taking it over for the audio portal - who arguable is even more civilized than the wi/ht forum - we'll actually MAKE a difference in general.

We have the power of the brotherhood of Mod behind us. This is why we had to wait so long to bring this to fruition.

At 12/21/10 11:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: old rules no logner apply: here are the new rules:

Your goal: to go to general, make intelligent threads, and posts, and to keep those threads alive. That is all. No bitching about other threads, no putting other users down, no trolling, no participating in troll threads, no flame wars. Ignore all the negativity and forster only creativity! Show them how much more enlightened we are, without being elitist pricks.

So, you've basically reiterated the original goals of the thread. Welcome aboard, fellow Wi/Hter idealist.

At 12/21/10 12:05 PM, reverend wrote:
At 12/8/10 09:06 AM, Coop wrote: Exactly. It's revolutionary, not revolutionist ;)

We've made steps and a sturdy foundation has now been laid for this to progress.

So, when are we having the celebratory Xmas bash?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-31 14:10:42

At 12/8/10 09:06 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/3/10 12:12 PM, Bahamut wrote: Coop, Coop83, same thing.
I wouldn't say so. They share very similar values, but there is a difference in me.

Coop83 was always more of a commie.

Coop's more of a capitalist pigdog. Not completely, but just... you know, partly.

At 12/5/10 09:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/30/10 03:24 PM, Coop wrote: With the OP having a new lease of life, it's all hands to the pumps, oars and keyboards!
Huzzah! MAN THE LIFEBOATS!
What? Why are you running away. I didn't think you could smell these farts over the internet!

We're gonna crash the lifeboats into General's docks, remember?

It was your plan, man! JEEZ. I'm beginning to question our leadership. :::plots revolt within the revolution:::

At 11/25/10 05:13 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/25/10 04:35 PM, Gagsy wrote: Not only is Coop losing the battle on General, he is a liar, promising cake when he can't deliver!
No no no. I've tasted his cake, and it is juicy and sweet. Mmmmmmmm. Coop's Cake. Hawt.
And if you thought that was tasty, I've just whipped up a nice creamy tart.
Mmmmm... I do love a good tart.
Don't we all - it's the after effects that we don't like. Cleaning up the cream is so time consuming and hardly enjoyable.

Have lots of tissues on hand!

At 12/3/10 03:28 PM, reverend wrote: He got promoted to full Coop status; Coop first grade.
If it's a promotion, then why does his new name look so damned naked without its numbers?
Because look at Karate - moving from Black Belt to the second red belt looks like you've been demoted. The system works!

I thought black belt was the top. </no karate lessons in 30 years or so...>

At 12/9/10 05:58 PM, EmmDubya wrote: It's a "gradual revolution" - and apologies for the oxymoron. Why have an actual revolution when we could instead make extremely public threads detailing the greatness of Wi/Ht and never taking any further action?

The risk with detailing the greatness of Wi/Ht? is that some dirty General peons might actually SHOW UP ON OUR DOORSTEP and pollute our holy lands.

We've got to make Wi/Ht? sound so awe-inspiring it's almost sacred, a land of the gods which the General peons couldn't possibly hope to stand upon. That's the ticket!

And yes, I know I'm a failure of a Wi/Ht'er for not mass-quoting, but I'm also a very lazy Wi/Ht'er. :3

Sad day. ;_;

He's right, men! We should DESTROY THESE LANDS, rather than take over them.

IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE.

At 12/21/10 11:24 AM, Chronamut wrote: I am revolting agsint this thread and taking it over for the audio portal - who arguable is even more civilized than the wi/ht forum - we'll actually MAKE a difference in general.

Pfffft.

At 12/21/10 11:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: Your goal: to go to general, make intelligent threads, and posts, and to keep those threads alive. That is all. No bitching about other threads, no putting other users down, no trolling, no participating in troll threads, no flame wars. Ignore all the negativity and forster only creativity! Show them how much more enlightened we are, without being elitist pricks.

That sounds an awful lot like being HELPFUL, man!

That's for Wi/Ht?, damnit, not General. :::hoards helpfulness over there, NOT HERE:::

At 12/5/10 09:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote: If it's a promotion, then why does his new name look so damned naked without its numbers?
It's kind of like going from Major General to Lieutenant General to just plain General.

Now THERE's an example I can get behind, unlike Coop's crazy karate belt colour crap. Thanks, rev. #;-}>

Or make better General regulars and have better quality conversations; that is the whole point of this revolution.

Shhhhh... don't let on as to the real goals, or we'll never get them to undergo the evolution we wish for them!

At 12/21/10 11:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: Show them how much more enlightened we are, without being elitist pricks.
Can't get more elitist than this (link to Chronamut's own Elitist-by-name Club).

Oh, buuuuurn. #;-}>

Saying that topic is supposed to be a magnet for all elitism on the NG BBS forums is no excuse, Chronamut. You just got caught with your dick in the elitist cookie jar! Mwahaha.

Of course, pretending the audio portal is more civilised than Wi/Ht? was the first sign of his elitism. What a joke. WE CAN TAKE 'EM BOTH ON. BRING ON ALL COMERS!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-31 14:13:34

"Viva la revolution?

Viva la revolution!

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-31 14:14:24

Che would be proud.

Viva la revolution!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-31 14:14:39

At 12/31/10 02:13 PM, kazumazkan wrote: "Viva la revolution?

That's our old leader, Coop83. As I mentioned in the above post, our new leader is Coop.

Don't get 'em confused, they'll both kill you for the error.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-12-31 15:14:52

At 12/31/10 02:14 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
That's our old leader, Coop83. As I mentioned in the above post, our new leader is Coop.

Well look who it is! I would have thought you would be our leader in this crusade to rule the General forums?

But, Coop is a big powerful mod that i don't want to anger. So i sent him a big German chocolate cake in the mail :)

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-05 17:33:05

At 12/31/10 03:14 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 12/31/10 02:14 PM, gfoxcook wrote:

Well look who it is! I would have thought you would be our leader in this crusade to rule the General forums?

But, Coop is a big powerful mod that i don't want to anger. So i sent him a big German chocolate cake in the mail :)

Schwarzwalderkirschtorte? My favourite!

Anyway, since the post around here is delayed by industrial action and divine action (snow), we'll just have to hope that it survives the trip.

And while gfoxcook would have been the mighty leader of this fine revolution a few years back, even he admits that the torch has been passed on to the younger generation. Think of him as the Kim-Il Sung of this revolution, to my Kim-Jong Il.

"I'm so ronery!"

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-05 17:35:46

At 12/31/10 02:14 PM, Aliensandwich wrote: Che would be proud.

Hey look it's Fidel Castro.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-05 17:42:46

Comrades, we need to capitalize over Newgrounds - not just the BBS.

To remove the corruptible admins and install Newgrounds Communism.

Everyone is equal, everyone is all level 1, everyone has the same voting rights - none, they can still vote, but the government has the final said. None is superior except the NEW government.

But, who shall lead?

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-09 22:35:12

At 12/21/10 02:29 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/9/10 04:19 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
Why do I get the feeling you'll regret that at some point....

*Turns head over shoulder to see Coop standing behind with creepy eyes*

Crap...

Perfectly plausible. This is politics and we always fight to become something that someone is doing a bad job at, therefore we shall get in and do a better job!

If you can't beat them, be them, or something like that, right guys?

Your goal: to go to general, make intelligent threads, and posts, and to keep those threads alive. That is all. No bitching about other threads, no putting other users down, no trolling, no participating in troll threads, no flame wars. Ignore all the negativity and forster only creativity! Show them how much more enlightened we are, without being elitist pricks.
So, you've basically reiterated the original goals of the thread. Welcome aboard, fellow Wi/Hter idealist.

Oh the irony!

He's also reminded me why I don't usually post in any of general's threads, and the reasons.

So, when are we having the celebratory Xmas bash?

It's kind of late for a christmas bash. I say we aim for Valentine's day. I call shotgun on bahamut to be my valentine.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-09 22:38:23

Audio has sent their worst representative.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-09 22:51:44

What is this thread, i don't understand why it's so big.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-17 21:10:43

At 1/9/11 10:51 PM, Struggle wrote: What is this thread, i don't understand why it's so big.

I don't understand why it's so PINK. Seriously, look at the last 10 posts. There's multiple users with not only fab auras but pink sigpics and stuff. PINKOS, THE LOT OF THEM.

Coop, what are we gonna do about this?

REVOLT AGAIN!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-17 21:12:20

This Revolution kinda sucks.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-17 21:14:59

This isn't a revolution

IT'S A COUP

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-22 00:28:29

At 1/17/11 09:14 PM, ChickenReaper wrote: This isn't a revolution

IT'S A COUP

we need to get this thread in order people!!!

I say we turn to some divine purification of them with this!

Viva la revolution!

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-22 00:31:52

OH HELL NO

Viva la revolution!

Don't be STOOPID!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-01-22 00:58:37

first to get things off, I have not really decided weather or not this revolution is even worth it. I mean, I have no power and it's all the mods that really need to do anything as long as they have enough support which by now you guys already have it! but is there really a point to this forum? general may be unenlightened but it is pretty funny at times! but I'm wondering is there a point in continuing this thread. I noticed it targets general but does it actually make a difference. and is it just for show?

I have not been in general in about four years. but if you have not changed it by now this revolution is dragging it's knees and you would be losing to the general commoners and trolls that populated about 40% of general when I was there. So is there a point in joining the WI/HT?

Viva la revolution!

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-07-11 21:27:50

Rise from the grave and be whole, young thread. Your day has not yet come, and there is much light left before the dusk arrives.

BE WHOLE, I SAY! BE WHOLE AND ARISE!

At 1/22/11 12:58 AM, lilfozzy wrote: first to get things off, I have not really decided weather or not this revolution is even worth it. I mean, I have no power and it's all the mods that really need to do anything as long as they have enough support which by now you guys already have it! but is there really a point to this forum? general may be unenlightened but it is pretty funny at times! but I'm wondering is there a point in continuing this thread. I noticed it targets general but does it actually make a difference. and is it just for show?

Good sir, you have come to the right place. While winter's calm had frozen the advance into General territory, midsummer is nigh and we shall march on the plains of newbville by a fortnight's passage. TO SLAY THE BEAST, perchance to post again... and forever onwards into the history books, my friend.

Join us. It is indeed for show. And all the world's the stage, good fellow!

I have not been in general in about four years. but if you have not changed it by now this revolution is dragging it's knees and you would be losing to the general commoners and trolls that populated about 40% of general when I was there. So is there a point in joining the WI/HT?

Is there a point to joining the Wi/Ht?, he asks! Oh ho.... what say we, fair crusaders of justice? WHAT SAY WE?!?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2011-07-11 21:50:06

o look, this thread is back

Steam | TF2BP

Sig by armorfag or whatever

BBS Signature